mtbr member
    Apr 2010

19.5" Rita > 18" Inbred..??

Hey everyone. I've got a question here that I think the crowd might help me with. I've got a chance to buy a 19.5" Bianchi Rita in really good condition. Under $700. The frame is too big for me though. I've got my eye on the On One Inbred 18". My thought/question is, what do you think about stripping the Rita to build up the Inbred. I can't get any specs for an '07 rita, but I'm guessing I might have to get a new BB, and maybe seat post. Head tube on the Rita looks longer than the Inbred (going off web shots here) so I think the fork will be a go. I"m thinking buying a whole bike is cheaper than buying all the parts for an Inbred. The Rita has a Reba fork.

What am I missing? Is this a good plan? Feel free to tell me I'm nuts.

thanks

human dehumidifier
    Add up the parts cost and see how it works out, numbers don't lie.

I wouldn't put my faith in comparing photos, and would have to be 100% certain that the fork will work since that's the most expensive part. .

FWIW, I've got a complete bike coming that I'm going to cannibalize to build my Salsa.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm gonna measure the fork tomorrow. For me to build up a frame would cost $500 without a fork. So for $675 I get all my parts, $400 fork, and frame I could most likely get at least $100 bucks for (anyone want a 19.5" Rita frame?). The only thing I'm a bit worried about is axel length. Are all 29 SS's equal as far as rear wheel axel length?

Apr 2007
    Do it. I'm also looking to pick up another bike to finish up my bike. Itdidnt make sense spending $5-600 just on a fork when I could pick up a whole bike for $6-700.