mtbr member
    Jul 2014

15'5 or 17'5 Haro carbon

Thinking of buying a Haro 29 FLC Carbon I'm 5'8 and not sure if the 15'5 or 17'5 would be better. I have a 16 full suspension Haro now and it feels a little small but I've rode the 17'5 and it felt a little large. Not sure if the 29 would make the 15'5 fell bigger or not. No one has the 15'5 to try. Seat set up could also help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I am about 5'8 longer torso than legs and rode a 17.5 until i cracked it less than a week ago. i wouldnt let that scare you though great frame, stiff where it needs to be but compiant over the small bumps for a hardtail.

What is Top Tube length of what you ride that should help your decsion I think the ETT of the 17.5 is only 23.2 inches which is not real long compared to some other racier hardtails. Niner for instnace most of their hardtails for a medium are 23.7.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Thanks

Thanks so much For the input. The bike I have currently has a 22 inch top tube length and feels to small. So I'm thinking the 17.5 is the way to go. Got a great deal on it too. I'll update after I received it and have had a chance to test ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMIjer View Post
    I am about 5'8 longer torso than legs and rode a 17.5 until i cracked it less than a week ago. i wouldnt let that scare you though great frame, stiff where it needs to be but compiant over the small bumps for a hardtail.

What is Top Tube length of what you ride that should help your decsion I think the ETT of the 17.5 is only 23.2 inches which is not real long compared to some other racier hardtails. Niner for instnace most of their hardtails for a medium are 23.7.