Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Full Tilt Boogie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,651

    '07 Monkey Spy Shots!! It's BLUE!!!!!

    Here you go.

    Cheers,
    Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    182

    Gusset...

    Looks like they have also added a downtube gusset...

  3. #3
    Glorified Hybrid Owner
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,096
    How about the Cross-Check?

    New colors, PUH-LEEZE!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    252

    Reba clearance

    Quote Originally Posted by undead
    Looks like they have also added a downtube gusset...
    Actually, it looks like they moved the down tube junction up for suspension fork clearance, then added the gusset for strength.

  5. #5
    Recovering couch patato
    Reputation: Cloxxki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    My green one gets duller and duller...

  6. #6
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by benwitt11
    Here you go.

    Cheers,
    Ben
    Who'll be the first to build a patriot bike with red anodized parts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drevil; 09-18-2006 at 04:05 PM.
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

  7. #7
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,073

    Sparkle or no?

    Some of the latest Surly colors have had a really nice appearance in the flesh with that nice metallic powder coat. This picture makes it look like the earlier powder coat jobs. Which will it be?

    Maybe it doesn't matter. I still like my Campstove green one better!

  8. #8
    Sofa King We Todd Did
    Reputation: SpinWheelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,268
    Holy crap, I had better rush out and get my hands on a brown one now. I always thought blue was a universally appealing color. I was wrong. That blue is superb on the Salsa El Mariachi. It's not working on the Karate Monkey, I'm afraid.

  9. #9
    Sofa King We Todd Did
    Reputation: SpinWheelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,268
    Maybe I'm overthinking this... but with the headtube extending downwards more than the previous iteration of the KM, would Surly have redesigned the fork for a shorter axle-to-crown height to maintain similar geometry?

  10. #10
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinWheelz
    Maybe I'm overthinking this... but with the headtube extending downwards more than the previous iteration of the KM, would Surly have redesigned the fork for a shorter axle-to-crown height to maintain similar geometry?
    I'd guess no. I'd wager that they kept the head tube in its same position in space, but shifted the downtube slightly upwards then strengthened that area with the gussett. This gives more breathing room for wide-stanced fork crowns.
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: josh@altbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    101

    Headtuber

    Quote Originally Posted by SpinWheelz
    Maybe I'm overthinking this... but with the headtube extending downwards more than the previous iteration of the KM, would Surly have redesigned the fork for a shorter axle-to-crown height to maintain similar geometry?
    The HT is likely the same length, but the downtube junction with the HT has been moved upward then the gusset added to allow for better clearance. Axle to Crown should remain the same.

    Edit, or ditto.
    altBike.com: One for the ride.

  12. #12
    In FTF We Trust
    Reputation: el-cid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,819
    They better not change the color of the Pugsley until I get a purple one ordered, dammit!
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

    Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Soupboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,045
    Cancel my Dorothy order, I'll take the blue Surly instead.
    Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.

  14. #14
    what a joke
    Reputation: ozlongboarder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,278
    Black is and always will be the new black.

    My black monkey is all dull, I need to polish my monkey.
    blah blah blah

  15. #15
    Full Tilt Boogie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupboy
    Cancel my Dorothy order, I'll take the blue Surly instead.
    Ouch. That hurt, it really did.
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

  16. #16
    Down South Yooper
    Reputation: Plum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,009

    The new color is:

    Just smurfy! Depending on your opinion, interpret that any way you want, as the smurfs used smurfy for just about everything.

    I like it.

    Plum

  17. #17
    minister of chaos
    Reputation: Frank Tuesday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Who'll be the first to build a patriot bike with red anodized parts?
    Allons enfants de la Patrie
    Le jour de gloire est arrivé!
    Contre nous de la tyrannie
    L'étendard sanglant est levé (bis) [1]
    Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
    Mugir ces feroces soldats?
    Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
    Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes!


    Aux armes, citoyens!
    Formez vos bataillons!
    Marchons, marchons!
    Qu'un sang impur
    Abreuve nos sillons!


    Que veut cette horde d'esclaves,
    De traîtres, de rois conjurés?
    Pour qui ces ignobles entraves
    Ces fers dès longtemps préparés? (bis)
    Français, pour nous, ah! Quel outrage,
    Quels transports il doit exciter!
    C'est nous qu'on ose méditer
    De rendre à l'antique esclavage!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    Quoi! Des cohortes étrangères!
    Feraient la loi dans nos foyers!
    Quoi! Ces phalanges mercenaires
    Terrasseraient nos fiers guerriers! (bis)
    Grand Dieu! Par des mains enchaînées
    Nos fronts sous le joug se ploieraient
    De vils despotes deviendraient
    Les maîtres de nos destinées!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    Tremblez, tyrans et vous perfides
    L'opprobre de tous les partis
    Tremblez! Vos projets parricides
    Vont enfin recevoir leurs prix! (bis)
    Tout est soldat pour vous combattre
    S'ils tombent, nos jeunes héros,
    La terre en produit de nouveaux,
    Contre vous tout prêts à se battre!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    Français, en guerriers magnanimes,
    Portez ou retenez vos coups!
    Épargnez ces tristes victimes
    À regret s'armant contre nous (bis)
    Mais ces despotes sanguinaires
    Mais ces complices de Bouillé
    Tous ces tigres qui, sans pitié,
    Déchirent le sein de leur mère!


    Aux armes, citoyens... .


    Amour sacré de la Patrie,
    Conduis, soutiens nos bras vengeurs
    Liberté, Liberté chérie,
    Combats avec tes défenseurs! (bis)
    Sous nos drapeaux que la victoire
    Accoure à tes mâles accents,
    Que tes ennemis expirants
    Voient ton triomphe et notre gloire!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    (Couplet des enfants)
    Nous entrerons dans la carrière [2]
    Quand nos aînés n'y seront plus
    Nous y trouverons leur poussière
    Et la trace de leurs vertus (bis)
    Bien moins jaloux de leur survivre
    Que de partager leur cercueil,
    Nous aurons le sublime orgueil
    De les venger ou de les suivre!


    Aux armes, citoyens...
    Frank Tuesday
    minister of chaos
    franktuesday.blogspot.com

  18. #18
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,718
    oh. wow.
    a new color.
    *yawn
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: Drewdane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,074
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhound
    How about the Cross-Check?

    New colors, PUH-LEEZE!
    Ditto. Or at the very least bring back red.

  20. #20
    highly visible
    Reputation: GlowBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,177
    Still like my KM's Camp Stove Green the best. Especially with a new British Racing Green Brooks saddle on it! Now if only I could find matching handlebar tape.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

  21. #21
    Bored
    Reputation: bigwheelboy_490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBoy
    Still like my KM's Camp Stove Green the best. Especially with a new British Racing Green Brooks saddle on it! Now if only I could find matching handlebar tape.
    check out Soma's bar tape selection. I think the colour selection is larger than this?

    http://www.somafab.com/bartapecolors.jpg
    MTBR is serious stuff.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SingleSpeedScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    54
    Why can't Surly get rid of that ugly bent sea tube. I know its suppose to reduce the chain stay length but it really looks crap and ruins the lines of what could be a classic design.

  23. #23
    29" french team
    Reputation: rom1red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Tuesday
    Allons enfants de la Patrie
    Le jour de gloire est arrivé!
    Contre nous de la tyrannie
    L'étendard sanglant est levé (bis) [1]
    Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
    Mugir ces feroces soldats?
    Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
    Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes!


    Aux armes, citoyens!
    Formez vos bataillons!
    Marchons, marchons!
    Qu'un sang impur
    Abreuve nos sillons!


    Que veut cette horde d'esclaves,
    De traîtres, de rois conjurés?
    Pour qui ces ignobles entraves
    Ces fers dès longtemps préparés? (bis)
    Français, pour nous, ah! Quel outrage,
    Quels transports il doit exciter!
    C'est nous qu'on ose méditer
    De rendre à l'antique esclavage!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    Quoi! Des cohortes étrangères!
    Feraient la loi dans nos foyers!
    Quoi! Ces phalanges mercenaires
    Terrasseraient nos fiers guerriers! (bis)
    Grand Dieu! Par des mains enchaînées
    Nos fronts sous le joug se ploieraient
    De vils despotes deviendraient
    Les maîtres de nos destinées!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    Tremblez, tyrans et vous perfides
    L'opprobre de tous les partis
    Tremblez! Vos projets parricides
    Vont enfin recevoir leurs prix! (bis)
    Tout est soldat pour vous combattre
    S'ils tombent, nos jeunes héros,
    La terre en produit de nouveaux,
    Contre vous tout prêts à se battre!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    Français, en guerriers magnanimes,
    Portez ou retenez vos coups!
    Épargnez ces tristes victimes
    À regret s'armant contre nous (bis)
    Mais ces despotes sanguinaires
    Mais ces complices de Bouillé
    Tous ces tigres qui, sans pitié,
    Déchirent le sein de leur mère!


    Aux armes, citoyens... .


    Amour sacré de la Patrie,
    Conduis, soutiens nos bras vengeurs
    Liberté, Liberté chérie,
    Combats avec tes défenseurs! (bis)
    Sous nos drapeaux que la victoire
    Accoure à tes mâles accents,
    Que tes ennemis expirants
    Voient ton triomphe et notre gloire!


    Aux armes, citoyens...


    (Couplet des enfants)
    Nous entrerons dans la carrière [2]
    Quand nos aînés n'y seront plus
    Nous y trouverons leur poussière
    Et la trace de leurs vertus (bis)
    Bien moins jaloux de leur survivre
    Que de partager leur cercueil,
    Nous aurons le sublime orgueil
    De les venger ou de les suivre!


    Aux armes, citoyens...
    the Gainsbourg version is better !
    www.vingtneuf.org : 29" pour toujours !
    http://giustobici.wordpress.com

    http://bikepacking.free.fr

  24. #24
    Cassoulet forever !
    Reputation: 20.100 FR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by rom1red
    the Gainsbourg version is better !


    I think that's the first time i saw the whole text of my anthem. we French are less pariotic than some other country, like the US.

    I like the bent seat tube on the KM. What i don't like is that i have to unscrew the rear brake to get the whell off.
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

  25. #25
    The Duuude, man...
    Reputation: ncj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedScott
    Why can't Surly get rid of that ugly bent sea tube. I know its suppose to reduce the chain stay length but it really looks crap and ruins the lines of what could be a classic design.
    I'm glad surly is keeping the good looking bent seat tube. It reduces the chain stay length, and looks really nice, it's destined to be a classic design.
    FS: Everything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •