Professional Crastinator

'07 Dual Duty FR Wheelset - Hubs same as current?

Was there a huge change in the WTB hubs since then that renders mine "obsolete", or did I get a smokin' deal?

I bought a set back in '08 because I needed some back-up wheels. Well, I recently put them into service and got curious how I acquired them (yes, I have made a few cycling-related impulse buys ). I really like them but for their weight, or I'd ride them all the time. The pair, brand new with 32H DD FR rims, LaserDisc Lite Hubs (and some crappy skewers) cost me $250.

I searched for a current set with this particular combination and can find none. However, the LaserDisc Lite hubs alone would run me over $300. A set of LaserDisc Trail wheels runs near $500 (I got my 1650g American Classics for less than that).

I'm thinking I got a smokin' deal.

Yes? No?

Thanks,
    -F

Professional Crastinator
    I finally got done plowing through the WTB literature (which was easily available on the website). LaserDisc Lite hubs appear to be unchanged. Meaning I made a good investment in the hubs considering their current price. I had bought them from Nashbar - they may have been take-offs or something, and I know I got one of the last pairs, so timing may have been important. Those DD FR rims are really overkill for everything I ride except my mistakes. Hence, they are great back-up wheels - I know they won't fail and leave me with nothing even in the worst scenario.

So I'm reclassifying this purchase from "impulse buy" to "instinct buy".

-F