Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

^^^SS Silk Ti RR^^^

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bigdrunk 
#1 ·
Finally got to thro a leg over the new silk and having nothing but raves about it. This is the first custom bike I have ever ordered and the fit it awesome, fits like a glove,perfect). The ride is top notch ,eats up roots and rocks, i am not worried about the perfect line. The 29 wheels aready help with rolling over stuff but with the 100mm fork and rear sus, the silk tracks like no other bike i have ridden. I demo a specialized enduro once and it was like a lazy boy. The silk is lively ti feel, nice rider feed back and holds and cut lines when you want. The jury is still out on the small block eight(they roll nice and fast but not much to hold u). XTR brakes rock, easy to set up and work perfect. white bros fork work excellent. I am not to sure about the 17degrees salsa bars, I like the mary better but not weight. I owned the orginal silk ti 26er and the 29er is way better with the bigger wheels.

Overall I cant say enough about the ride, it was just what I was wanting, something to take the edge off, with out all the pivot and levers and switchs and gizmos. This is a livey ride that doesnt bob up and down but wants to be hammered. I say two big thumbs up.
Oh yea now I want another one for gears.

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.