Thread: Whyte T 130

mtbr member

Whyte T 130

Been eyeing Whyte's T-130, specifically the T-130 'S'". Anyone have any hands on experience riding it that like to share? Have also been looking at Canyon's Spectral AL 6.0. Kinda like the way the Whyte looks... but what do looks have to do with it, right? Both bikes are speced pretty close.

mtbr member
    I have a T-130 S. Just got it this year, put about 90 miles on it so far. Awesome bike! My only complaint so far is the brakes it comes with. I like shimano better.

The only bike I can make a comparison against is my old 2015 Giant Stance 2 (Narrow rims, tubes, QRs front and rear). Which wasnít as progressive in the rear (way too easy to bottom out) and flexy as hell. The Whyte is incredibly solid comparatively and they set it up really well before shipping it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanz56 View Post
    ... My only complaint so far is the brakes it comes with. I like shimano better.
    Thanks for the feedback. Same here, really like Shimano's XT brakes with IceTech disks. Simple upgrade once I wear out what it comes with.

mtbr member
    Quanz56... question... I know the 'S' comes with 27.5x2.3's. Do you think the frame can handle a little more meat? 2.6's maybe?

mtbr member

Whyte T 130

I think thatíd be iffy, depending on the tire and stuff. There looks like thereís room at the chain stays and Iím pretty sure Iíve read somewhere on line about people putting 2.5s on.

I will admit, Iím not good at visualizing these sort of things. You could ask Whyte when there chat function is available, they respond fairly quickly.

mtbr member
    I think thatíd be iffy, depending on the tire and stuff. There looks like thereís room at the chain stays and Iím pretty sure Iíve read somewhere on line about people putting 2.5s on.
    Now that I have a new T-130 in hand (breaking it in), looks like 2.4 may be the max, depending on the brand/model/version of tire. Maybe a 2.5 with small knobs. I'm actually kind of impressed with the WTB Vigilante(front)/Trail Boss(rear) combo that came on the bike.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member
    I have a T-130 S. Just got it this year, put about 90 miles on it so far. Awesome bike! My only complaint so far is the brakes it comes with. I like shimano better.
    Agree, the breaks are under powered for this bike. Certainly not the XT brakes I'm used to. As a quick fix, I think I'll put bigger disks on it. Loose the 160, move the 180 to the rear, and add a 200 to the front.

The only bike I can make a comparison against is my old 2015 Giant Stance 2 (Narrow rims, tubes, QRs front and rear). Which wasnít as progressive in the rear (way too easy to bottom out) and flexy as hell. The Whyte is incredibly solid comparatively and they set it up really well before shipping it out.
    Agree again... very solid feel, and nimble for it's size and travel. yet, feels more than 130mm when it's needed. I am really happy with this purchase. Great pre and post sales as well!
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member

Whyte T 130

Glad youíre happy with it so far! Iíve encountered one person at my local trails who has one as well and they nothing but good things to say about it too.

How was yours set up out of the box? I was very impressed that I didnít have to do hardly anything, for a base set-up anyways. Seat post height was good, sag & rebound were good, shifted great. I only felt like I needed a few more psi in the tires and I was ready to roll.