Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where are the Neo Motos?

3K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  S.N.A.F.U. 
#1 ·
My new 650b wheelset will be done this week. I am converting my Prophet! I can't find any 2.3 Neo Motos. They are all back-ordered.

Anyone know when they will be on the market again?

Thanks!

#5 ·
That's great to know!

Kirk, I appreciate your help. Dave from Rockland Cycles here in MA recommends them highly, and the reviews have all steered me that way so I was a bit panicked when I looked and didn't see them anywhere. He will have my new wheelset done this week, so 650b here I come!

Can't wait!

#6 ·
Kirk, I appreciate your help. Dave from Rockland Cycles here in MA recommends them highly, and the reviews have all steered me that way so I was a bit panicked when I looked and didn't see them anywhere. He will have my new wheelset done this week, so 650b here I come!

Can't wait!
Say hi to Dave for me from Jeff J.

He's built 3 650B wheels up for me and a 26" also (mix of Hadley rears and Hope fronts) and does a great job. Not 1 issue to speak of. Great guy that's fun to shoot the breeze with if not a bit opinionated about a few things. Ask him what he thinks of the Cannondale Left fork LOL....

#8 ·
He had to get another Lefty truing adapter because he couldn't find his old one. Great guy. I can't wait to try the new wheels on the old Prophet! Going Neo Moto 2.3 front and back. What are you riding?
Oh, you have a Lefty? Let's just say he's not a fan.

Neo-Moto 2.3 F/B on my Prophet (Talas fork) and no clearance issues in the XC setting, 2.3 Neo-Moto on the front of my sons Mt. Vision.

I just bought a 2010 leftover Gary Fisher Roscoe for my other son and a leftover 2010 Specialized Safire Comp for my daughter which will be graced with most likely Neo Moto's as well. My girl friend also just bought a 2012 Specialized Safire Comp which will probably get the same treatment. Gonna try the new Pacenti TL 28 rims this time. My Prophet has Stans Flows.

#10 ·
A whole family of shredders!

I've got the Blunt SL rims being laced up with the Lefty front hub and Velocity Race rear hub. The whole wheelset will be about 1,400 grams. Dave said it will hold up without any issues.

Neither Dave nor I can find any Neo Motos though. They are out of stock! I think I'll wait for the Neo Motos. I can't see putting Nevegals on the new wheels even though I have them now.

I see you are in MA also. I ride Wompy (less than 2 miles from my door). But I like to explore.

I presume you ski (given the name). My crew, (wife, daughter and son) and I ski at MRG.

#11 ·
Dave can get them from Merry Sales in San Fransisco. :thumbsup:

I've got the Blunt SL rims being laced up with the Lefty front hub and Velocity Race rear hub. The whole wheelset will be about 1,400 grams. Dave said it will hold up without any issues.

Neither Dave nor I can find any Neo Motos though. They are out of stock! I think I'll wait for the Neo Motos. I can't see putting Nevegals on the new wheels even though I have them now.

I see you are in MA also. I ride Wompy (less than 2 miles from my door). But I like to explore.

I presume you ski (given the name). My crew, (wife, daughter and son) and I ski at MRG.

#17 ·
Mine does not make contact although it's close @ between 4-5mm. I have the original Shimano Deore LX FD and GXP triple crank converted to 2 x 9 with bash.

In the wings I have a E type Shimano SLX M665 9 speed FD compact double. The cage is much shorter then the stock LX FD and I would think make tire clearance a non issue and improve shifting.

#25 ·
We should consider some type of New England 650b gathering..............oh and to whoever is considering the TL 28s........I saw a set built up at Storrs Center Cycle last week - built up to some Hope hubs - and they were spectacular looking and the weight was kickass nice! Aaron paired them up with a pair of Neo-moto 2.1s.

#33 ·
Nevegals

I have them on my Prophet now. 26" x 2.35.. I have heard great things about the Neo's. I like my Nevegals, but I wanted to try a different tire is probably faster than the Kenda. (according to the majority of reviews)

#43 ·
Mounted up and ridden

The Neo Motos are awesome! The Prophet is a natural 650b. I rode twice today. Once with friends and then with my ride ready wife. The 650b wheelset on the Prophet is better at everything. I am not totally tuned to the bike yet, but it was a great experience. Not a single pedal strike or big ring grind today. The extra height is just there to use. The Neos are fast and they handle great. Did I say they were fast!?

#44 ·
Cool, I knew you'd like em.

I agree, Prophet is a natural and just made for 650B. I was also out on mine with the GF on her new Safire Comp. It's gonna be a slow process for her but it's all good considering I thought she would never even do it. I see a 650B front on her bike in the near future.

#45 ·
Keeps getting better

Rode twice again today! The change continues to evolve. Great downhill behavior. Rolls so much better over rocks and roots. The Neo Motos handle beautifully. If anyone reading this is a skier, the bike is a GS ski with a slalom side cut. And it's a powder ski on powder days!

Going away for a week, but I'll post pics when I get back!

Good riding!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.