mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Turner Flux V4 Carbon Vs Ibis Mojo 3

Who has ridden both? I know the V4 isn't Boost, nor will it run 2.8s, but who can compare these from first hand experience?

mtbr member
    Compare availability too. I was trying to track down a small Flux and Turner can't seem to figure out when one will make its way over here. I really liked it when I demo'd it, really fast and fun bike. But if they have this hard a time getting a frame initially, how long will I have to wait if there is a warranty issue?

I only got a brief test on the M3 after I ran into sticky mud which ended the ride, but wasn't impressed with the setup. I definitely need another ride on one, I know they are better than that having been on MojoSL for years. A few people I trust have said the Mojo3 is a much better ride when you run the 2.5 maxxis rather than the 2.8 schwalbes.

If you absolutely want the plus option then the Ibis is your choice of the two. I think you'll have a hard time going wrong with either bike. But its always good to ride one first. Unfortunately unless you're in Socal Turners are not that easy to get your hands on.

mtbr member
    I've ridden both although the Mojo 3 was in plus mode. I really liked the Mojo 3, maybe even a bit better than the Flux. Although, if quick acceleration, nimble handling, and that legendary Turner mystique are important to you and running plus tires is not, go with the Flux.

I felt that the M3+ was a bit better all around, versatile trail bike. It felt longer and stable and very comfortable but still quite nimble (even with the plus tires). Rear suspension was deeper and a bit plusher feeling (10mm more travel and plus tires helped).

The Flux felt faster, more compact and more flickable. The Knight carbon wheels had a really good feel to them. Compliant yet stiff laterally.

Both really excellent bikes. Can't go wrong here.

I have reviews of both on my site linked below.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Anyone do a comparison of the Flux V4 to the Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt?

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I live in Seattle and had no problem getting a carbon Flux. KRob's review is pretty spot-on. It just rides like a Turner, conservative geometry compared to a lot of the new bikes but it just rides great, both up and down. Very nimble handling on twisty trails, the rear end is pretty snappy and the frame is crazy stiff. Never ridden and Ibis.