Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2004

The truth about wheel size!

This man speaks the truth! Todays world cup final in Norway!

The truth about wheel size!-nino_650b.jpg

mtbr member
    And then Kulhavy won on a 29er...

J/K, that's hilarious. For what it's worth, I'm not fundamentally opposed to the existence of any wheel size.

mtbr member
    wat?

Folks who ride something other that 26" wheels engage in homosexual behavior?

Are you sure?

Many of my gay friends don't even ride bikes. How does that square with your "argument "?
    Supply Side Jesusnomisist

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    29'' wheels are the easy way to go for some...who still got the legs...

26'' challenges everyone in technical and damading terrain..

sort of speak.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I can't wait for people to stop giving such a shit about wheel size.

Ride Responsibly
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidworks View Post
    You expect a change in human nature? Some people just live to feel superior! Stop waiting, iiwii (it is what it is.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90mccall View Post
    This man speaks the truth! Todays world cup final in Norway!
    Sadly that's just homophobic BS and has no place on MTBR.

If you replaced "Gay" with the "N" word to imply 29ers sucked would it be cool?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Moderator Moderator
    Agreed, who still thinks making fun of things by calling them "gay" is still funny or acceptable? It's juvenile at best and hateful at worst so why go there?

-Walt

mtbr member
    May 2008
    OMG this is a forum, saying something is gay is not hate speech. Relax.

default title
    Mar 2008
    Does this revelation make 650b / 27.5 bisexual?

And yes, idiot barry1me, it is hate speech.
    "My opinions are often more offensive than my *******." - Twindaddy

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I thought Gay meant , happy. Lighten up people.

mtbr member
    Here ya go, a more PC version via my poor Photoshop skills.

The truth about wheel size!-lame1a.jpg

mtbr member

Who actually means anything against homosexuals when they call some thing gay? It's nothing like the n word anymore. There are so many words that lose there power over time and gay is one of them. It's like calling someone lame, do crippled people or f'd up horses get upset.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kattrap View Post
    Does this revelation make 650b / 27.5 bisexual?

And yes, idiot barry1me, it is hate speech.
    relax, take a pill, a deep breath and quit acting gay. jk its a joke...gay is happy! If anyone should be offended its me. My partner and I laugh at how people get so uptight about people saying gay. It doesnt offend us one bit.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I find it more funny that someone took the time to write a sign to say that, there life must not have much meaning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Sad thing is , nobody even commented on Nino's skills. Check out that form clearing that tabletop.

mtbr member
    Sad thing is, I'd rather not check out his form because I really dont want to stare at his tight white spandex a$$.

The sign sucks IMO...not appropriate these days man.
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

mtbr member
    Whatever happened to sticks and stones.... but words will never hurt me?

IMO, while it's true some words are loaded it takes one to say it and another to interpret it in a negative and/or personal way and get all huffy about it. Oh crap, I used a naughty word that implies inhaling paint to get high, or maybe it's that crappy bike manufacturer or maybe it's about an action that includes quick breathing and puffed chest. Darnit, I used the word puff which implies many things about a dragon that plays with kids or a kid's TV show or something illegal. I must just be pissing off this whole forum. Urrggh, gma told me never to use that swear word.

I think there are those who take that word and own it, like some other words I won't mention. In addition to that PC is BS. Adjectives don't hurt people, people's opinion of themselves and what they believe other people think of themselves does more harm than adjectives. That and guys/gals with sticks and stones, but only if they're swinging or tossing.

Whatever your orientation in life, whatever your wheel size, hardtail or FS, paved or roots, just whatever.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post

sort of speak.
    650b means American brands are finally designing frames with enough clearance for UK winters and 26in wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Sadly that's just homophobic BS and has no place on MTBR.

If you replaced "Gay" with the "N" word to imply 29ers sucked would it be cool?
    That would be really bad. English. "Gay" in the OP usage is an adjective, modifying the term "29ers". The N word is a noun. As we know, nouns cannot modify other nouns, so to say "29ers are [N word]" would be nonsensical -- it would be like saying "29ers are spaceships". No, they are not.

The only way you could make that work would be to instead use the adverb "niggardly", which means "in a stingy or meager manner," and is often mistakenly believed to have a common origin with the N word. And in that case, he would also have to modify his sign to say that "riding 29ers is niggardly", which of course is inaccurate because in general 29ers are more expensive than other wheel size options, unless of course the sign wielder was referring to the conundrum of bicycle commuters escaping road taxes or other forms of expense that non-29er riders are subject to. However, in that case, the sign would be out of context, because it is clearly being displayed at a race, in which 29er riders are not subject to reduced entry fees or sanctioning body membership fees.

On the other hand, stating that "29ers are retarded" may be true, in that their slower acceleration as compared with smaller wheels is a well-documented fact.

EDIT: *sheesh* -- It just occurred to me. You probably meant "Normal". In that case, I would say yes, riding 29ers is normal and should be respected as a lifestyle choice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Theres always weird signs like that at bike events. I would'nt be surprised if he rides a 29er. Kinda like the "we want blood" signs at crankworks

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    lycra is gay

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Agreed,lycra makes no sense for Mtb,it was all that was available at the time of Mtb's beginning then of course the roadie crowd dumbed down and influenced XC to the point of sterility.

dwt
    mtbr member

I'm watching the Daily Show. Jon
    Stewart did a riff on Lindsay Graham's effeminacy with a not subtle implication that he is a closet queen, and not in a good way.

I'm not sure that even the Daily Show gets a pass for homophobic satiric humor. We'll see if Stewart catches flack for it.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by 911Holy$ View Post
    lycra is gay
    It's "geh" on a mtb; but proper attire
    on a road bike

mtbr member
    original post was funny, but as usual things devolved from there.
    I have baggys and lycra. No way in heck on a hot humid south east suffer fest would I trade my lycra for your poser @ss style points. ( just doing my part in the derailment)
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I was referring to Nino's bike handling skills. This is a MTB website . Freedom of speech is always appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Sad thing is, I'd rather not check out his form because I really dont want to stare at his tight white spandex a$$.

The sign sucks IMO...not appropriate these days man.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Man, people need to relax a little here.....I just thought the pic had a bit of humour. Lets use "Lame" as to not offend some people......

I just though the guys face was the best.....real intent...

Just to note, I have nothing against people who ride 29ers, some of my best friends ride 29ers......if my daughters came to me and said they wanted to ride 29ers, I would give them a big hug...once they are happy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridezum View Post
    I was referring to Nino's bike handling skills. This is a MTB website . Freedom of speech is always appropriate.
    Just a little reminder, that doesn't apply to a website.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidworks View Post

People make fun of others and try and bring them down when they are not truly happy with themselves or what they have. It is a sign of weakness and small minded weak people usually don't change.

On the flip side, I never see people with 29er's making fun of other peoples wheel sizes so I suppose it is safe to say we are all happy with our choice. So in that sense, if by "gay" he means 'happy' then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper View Post
    Here ya go, a more PC version via my poor Photoshop skills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lame1a.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	832385
    Now we are making fun of people with physical difficulties. Way to go.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    No...worrying about people who chose to wear lycra is gay, not that's there is anything wrong with that.
    Lighten up people, I think it's just a joke, not meant to offend either gay people or people who ride 29ers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I ride a 29er and I find it hilarious. Schurter thought so too and put it on his fb page & Instagram ha ha. And i'm kinda glad the guy made the sign.

What's even funnier are the people who get all bent out of shape about it.

mtbr member

Wow! A lot of sensitivity going on ! Lol fact is some of this 29er sucks or is gay is buyers remorse or that they invested in a 26er and don't have the scratch to buy a 29 so they have to put down the 29 and whomever rides one. Personally I don't care what you ride as long as your a courteous and friendly fellow rider then all is good. To say its Gay to ride a 29er or that the wheel size is gay just goes to prove that the person saying it is small minded and of a brutish nature. As far as Lycra goes.... I think performance wise it's good but in a visual sense it's not for me. I personally don't prefer to see every nook and cranny of another males junk but I'm not going to fault them if they feel it improves their performance . But lets face it some people should NOT wear Lycra!

Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Mountain biking is gay

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90mccall View Post
    Man, people need to relax a little here.....I just thought the pic had a bit of humour. Lets use "Lame" as to not offend some people......
    If you use "lame", then people who can't walk normally might be offended.
    To ride this trail is completely free.
    Just show me a triangle..... make it three!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If anybody could benefit from lycra, it's fat people. So if their unsightly bulges offend you, avert your eyes. Personally, I think the typical road bike uniform looks absolutely ridiculous, no matter who wears it. That doesn't mean it isn't functional, but dang is it ugly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Lycra makes no sense for mtb? I do have a few pairs of baggies, Fox and Nema, but I prefer lycra, it seems to make even more sense to me than the baggies, which seem to get hung up on the saddle on occasion. I think some, not saying anyone here, are afraid of wearing lycra, I'm confident on my manhood, so it doesn't bother me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    Agreed,lycra makes no sense for Mtb,it was all that was available at the time of Mtb's beginning then of course the roadie crowd dumbed down and influenced XC to the point of sterility.
    agreed, after all, arent baggies the most comfortable when youre spending 2 hours pedaling and have to get behind the saddle to descend? And have any of you seen those dumbed down World Cup XC courses? totally sterile!
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Re: The truth about wheel size!

Wow, hate against Lycra is mind blowing to me. I mean try telling that to the XC elite like Schurter or Kulhavy....

Hate against Lycra only makes me think about people with self image issues...really?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

mtbr member

I don't wear Lycra because I look like a Jimmy Dean sausage . It has nothing to do with me being insecure of my man hood. But that being said who wants to see this shit?

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    Lycra makes no sense for mtb? I do have a few pairs of baggies, Fox and Nema, but I prefer lycra, it seems to make even more sense to me than the baggies, which seem to get hung up on the saddle on occasion.
    IME Lycra gets caught on the saddle way more often than baggies. If I hitch my baggies high up, they don't get caught. Lycra gets caught no matter what. I wear my roadie bib shorts under my baggies for the padding.

I think some, not saying anyone here, are afraid of wearing lycra, I'm confident on my manhood, so it doesn't bother me.
    Now we're back on topic. If you're checking other guys' junk, or strutting yours, I infer you ride a 29'er and are therefore geh or even gay.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    You must live in China? Freedom has no restrictions, remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Just a little reminder, that doesn't apply to a website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You must live in China? Freedom has no restrictions, remember that.
    No I live in reality and on a privately owned message board you don't have freedom of speech, they can moderate and censor anything that doesn't abide by the boards rules.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post

What's even funnier are the people who get all bent out of shape about it.
    I think some of the people who are getting bent out of shape are the the ones getting upset about the people pretending to be bent out of shape.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Sad thing is , nobody even commented on Nino's skills. Check out that form clearing that tabletop.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Styling it like that isn't quite as simple as it is on a BMX bike or a DH rig where your seat is way lower than the bars. That dude just rips, and at anaerobic threshold....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    People make fun of others and try and bring them down when they are not truly happy with themselves or what they have. It is a sign of weakness and small minded weak people usually don't change.

On the flip side, I never see people with 29er's making fun of other peoples wheel sizes so I suppose it is safe to say we are all happy with our choice. So in that sense, if by "gay" he means 'happy' then yes.

Now we are making fun of people with physical difficulties. Way to go.
    kjlued, You have never ridden around some of the people we ride with. There is an obvious aversion to 26 inch wheels from those who ride 29. Then they say, "Wow, you guys flew down that trail!" Once they catch up to us at the bottom.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Agreed, who still thinks making fun of things by calling them "gay" is still funny or acceptable? It's juvenile at best and hateful at worst so why go there?
    Wow.. the internet has really made everyone master debaters... get it? I said master debater! hahahahahaha
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Totally secure in my own manhood...I dont think you dudes get it. No one wants to come up and hang out/talk to you when you are having a sausage fest on the trail. Same reason wakeboarders tend to wear trunks over wetsuits unlike surfers....no one wants to sit in the boat for 2 hours watching each other. Cover your junk! I mean, you can wear whatever the heck you want, but face the shunning consequences from me and everyone in my crew.

mtbr member
    Wait, I missed a comment! Baggies make me a poser a$$ and lycra makes you so hard core and FAST I assume? Wowsers. At least my argument isn't based on assumptions. LOL

Carry on. This is fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    IME Lycra gets caught on the saddle way more often than baggies. If I hitch my baggies high up, they don't get caught. Lycra gets caught no matter what. I wear my roadie bib shorts under my baggies for the padding.
    [/IMG]
    Yeah i found that to be the case. And wearing only the cycling shorts w/ shirt on a 96 degree day when i was getting completely drenched in sweat was highly functional and nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post

-Walt
    I personally think those who read into a piece of cardboard so deep shouldn't give the cardboard quote that much credence. Thicker skin makes for a tougher more resilient society. Call my 26er gay and I could give two you know whats. I do like FireLikeIYA's master debater comment for sure.

mtbr member
    Wow, talk about a tread with twist and turns. The whole thing has left me confused. I've ridden both 29ers and 650B's, and I've ridden both in lycra and baggies. I'm not sure if I'm gay or straight. Since I swing both ways, I must be bikesexual. My latest Photoshop effort is sure to offend someone, but so be it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The truth about wheel size!-silly.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post

sort of speak.
    soooo what you're saying is that 29'ers are for people who want the easy way out because it doesn't "challenge" you because it rolls over terrain smaller.
    a little history lesson.... that's why they started making 650b.
    as far as 29'ers go in my book. they're great. i can go further distances with less stress on my body and get there faster.
    they aren't as maneuverable as the smaller wheeled.
    so it's a matter of where you want to get faster. Down the hill, or to the end of your 30 mile ride. just a matter of preference.
    If i got a 650b i would go full suspension and it would sit around more than it would get rode because while there are some fun downhill sections around me, i manage just fine on my 29'er. If i lived in colorado or in whistler then i would go 650b.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctacosmos View Post
    soooo what you're saying is that 29'ers are for people who want the easy way out because it doesn't "challenge" you because it rolls over terrain smaller.
    a little history lesson.... that's why they started making 650b.
    as far as 29'ers go in my book. they're great. i can go further distances with less stress on my body and get there faster.
    they aren't as maneuverable as the smaller wheeled.
    so it's a matter of where you want to get faster. Down the hill, or to the end of your 30 mile ride. just a matter of preference.
    If i got a 650b i would go full suspension and it would sit around more than it would get rode because while there are some fun downhill sections around me, i manage just fine on my 29'er. If i lived in colorado or in whistler then i would go 650b.
    I think 650b originally started for road bikers to be able to fit larger tires in their road frames for touring. 650b started in mtb because 29ers required frame geo redesigns to accommodate the larger wheel, especially for rear suspension. I also think 650b was the original wheel of choice for the early mtbers, but there was an issue with availability. Something about european and russian markets eating up the supply.

I don't interpret the statement about 29er wheels as you do. I think it means that 29ers require more leg to get going and additionally that longer legged individuals fit better. I do agree that wheel size selection is the answer to an equation that includes preference, terrain, riding style, fashion, and availability.

Finally, I concur this thread is silly and that was probably its original intent, to stir up some laughter and smiles. However, it rubbed some people the wrong way who turned it into a discussion of PC etiquette concerning sexual orientation and fashion faux pas.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Totally secure in my own manhood...I dont think you dudes get it. No one wants to come up and hang out/talk to you when you are having a sausage fest on the trail. Same reason wakeboarders tend to wear trunks over wetsuits unlike surfers....no one wants to sit in the boat for 2 hours watching each other. Cover your junk! I mean, you can wear whatever the heck you want, but face the shunning consequences from me and everyone in my crew.
    Oh no! Dudes arent going to come up to me and talk to me on the trail!! and I may get shunned by Chuch and his crew!

I dont know what some of your intentions are. But when I go to the trail, I spend my time riding. When im done, I leave. I suppose if I was posing around the parking lot and hoped dudes were going to come up and talk to me, then yea, Id probably care more about what I was wearing....

Personally, I ride with a lot of racers that wear spandex. None of us feel the need or desire to stare at each others tube steaks.. but hey, if you really find staring at peoples packages so irresistible, there isnt anything wrong with that either.
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by SandSpur View Post
    Personally, I ride with a lot of racers that wear spandex. None of us feel the need or desire to stare at each others tube steaks.. but hey, if you really find staring at peoples packages so irresistible, there isnt anything wrong with that either.
    For all you Lycra wearing meat gazers out there.

Personally I don't want to see it and I don't need approval of my friends about the size of my junk.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Barrett Jr View Post
    kjlued, You have never ridden around some of the people we ride with. There is an obvious aversion to 26 inch wheels from those who ride 29. Then they say, "Wow, you guys flew down that trail!" Once they catch up to us at the bottom.
    Funny, I go down hill faster then people with 26" wheels.
    Then again, I also have people with all wheel sizes go down hill faster then me.
    Same with uphill.

I guess I never equated it with wheel size and always with rider skill.

I would guess if those same riders were on the same bike as you, the results would be fairly similar. They would probably still beat you on the climb and and you would probably still catch them on the down.

Now if we can all agree, mountain bike wheel size does not make you a h0m0.
    Being a rodie is what makes you a h0m0.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    For all you Lycra wearing meat gazers out there.

.....insert bunch of junk pics......

Personally I don't want to see it and I don't need approval of my friends about the size of my junk.
    We get it, you like big d1cks.
    Now will you please stop posting pics from your spank bank?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Notice how quickly he replied to my thread and "found" those pictures... Yea, he "searched" for them.. suure

mtbr member

Lol don't you wish. So you don't like those pics? Well the truth is neither do I but they illustrate my point that NOBODY wants to see another guys junk. Wear shorts!!!

mtbr member
    Such a confusing thread, where to start.... Gay, 29er or Lycra...

I am 6'7" tall at 270 pounds, Blond hair, Green eyes, Age 34 and Retired for 9 years now. Left the US to travel Europe on bike in 2004 and have been here since. I enjoy, biking, climbing, kayaking, fishing, swimming, shooting, reading, listening to audio books, and camping. Currently single but not really shopping, however if I ran into Mr. Fun then someone around my height (taller the better), must be in at least the same shape as me, no tattoos I like brands more (I have five), Blue or Green eyes, hair color does not matter, nationality does not matter, race does not matter and it would be cool if he enjoyed only some of the things I enjoy, I am retired so it is mainly me time. He should NOT be a racist or nationalist either.

He too should be secure about his man hood like I am, unlike all those homophobic tards who think our honor should be defended. I can defend my self very well and did so on Teams in Africa, Afghanistan, Iraq and Serbia. So save the testosterone for play time. Lastly, I hate jealousy its so gay. PM me.

Now on the 29er:

Funny sign, good crowd distraction, to bad it did not work because I think a 29er is Sofa King We Tar Did.

Now onto Lycra:

Do I really need to go there, I think we know it is made for Ladies and the moderately endowed or smaller boys. Definitely not Clyde tested and approved.

Well that was my two cents on the main subjects of this confusing thread.
    De oppresso liber

Rogue Exterminator
    Lol don't you wish. So you don't like those pics? Well the truth is neither do I but they illustrate my point that NOBODY wants to see another guys junk. Wear shorts!!!
    1) Thanks for acknowledging that I have a big dick.
    2) If you don't like seeing them why do you keep looking at them.
    3) There are lots of people that want to see another guys junk. Such as gay guys and don't judge you.
    4) Lycra shorts are shorts. Just tight stretchy shorts. I still wear other shorts over them but they are still shorts.
    5) If you don't like them, don't wear them.
    6) If it bothers you when other men wear them, quit staring at their junk.

mtbr member

1) Thanks for acknowledging that I have a big dick.
    2) If you don't like seeing them why do you keep looking at them.
    3) There are lots of people that want to see another guys junk. Such as gay guys and don't judge you.
    4) Lycra shorts are shorts. Just tight stretchy shorts. I still wear other shorts over them but they are still shorts.
    5) If you don't like them, don't wear them.
    6) If it bothers you when other men wear them, quit staring at their junk.
    Answers to your points

1. No you dont have a big dick , YOU ARE a big dick! Why not wear your Lycra over your head like a condom . You'd look more natural that way!

2. Why do you insist on public display ?

3. Well if you like guys looking at your junk I guess that explains it all

4. True they are shorts but they are really like underwear because your commando under them..... Like Underwear!

5. I don't wear them but if I did I sure would wear shorts over them so not to advertise my junk in public

6. Kind of hard to ignore when it's being flaunted .

Rogue Exterminator
    I can see reading comprehension is not a strong point for you.
    If you go back and read but try and comprehend you will see I don't wear it without wearing regular shorts over it.

Sorry that other guys wearing it makes you so uncomfortable.
    Obviously you are insecure with your manhood.
    They say that is a sign of homosexual tendencies but I would not not know.

mtbr member

I can see reading comprehension is not a strong point for you.
    If you go back and read but try and comprehend you will see I don't wear it without wearing regular shorts over it.

Sorry that other guys wearing it makes you so uncomfortable.
    Obviously you are insecure with your manhood.
    They say that is a sign of homosexual tendencies but I would not not know.
    Out of all my responses you take issue with that I ignored that you wear shorts over your Lycra ??? Lol so I guess my assertion that your a big dick is true! Lol

I am very secure in my man hood and I am comfortable around all people regardless of creed, race , religion, lack of religion , and sexual orientation etc. so me being secure in my manhood is a non issue and I still don't want to see your manhood in Lycra ! So go on with your troll self and have a nice evening posing in your Lycra dick.

Rogue Exterminator
    Out of all my responses you take issue with that I ignored that you wear shorts over your Lycra ??? Lol so I guess my assertion that your a big dick is true! Lol

I am very secure in my man hood and I am comfortable around all people regardless of creed, race , religion, lack of religion , and sexual orientation etc. so me being secure in my manhood is a non issue and I still don't want to see your manhood in Lycra ! So go on with your troll self and have a nice evening posing in your Lycra dick.
    And since you don't deny being gay, obviously that is true too.

Glad to see you concede.

mtbr member

And since you don't deny being gay, obviously that is true too.

Glad to see you concede.
    Well my girlfriend and two kids will be surprised to hear that! Lol You want to think I'm gay? Go ahead and think im gay. Even though I'm hetro and not homosexual, it makes no difference to me what you think of me. Your opinions, your feelings, your borderline intelligence mean nothing to me. So your attempt to insult me failed. But if you think calling me gay is an insult then that speaks volumes about what you really feel toward homosexuals. And gay haters are really insecure about themselves. But if you like look up a DA meeting ( D*CK Anonymous ) and maybe they can help your attitude

Rogue Exterminator
    I never thought gay was an insult.

But hey, if you do that is probably why you deny the fact.
    I hear lots of gay guys hate gay guys, date women and even have children before they finally come out of the closet. It's all good bro, keep on spanking to your men in tights pictures.
    Just keep it private from now on especially if you don't want people to know.

mtbr member

Lol !!! Thanks for making me laugh tonight! Like I said I don't need to defend , deny anything. You can think anything you want . You can think I'm gay and I can think your a douchebag troll and its all good right?

Rogue Exterminator
    Lol !!! Thanks for making me laugh tonight! Like I said I don't need to defend , deny anything. You can think anything you want . You can think I'm gay and I can think your a douchebag troll and its all good right?
    Yup, it is all good.

No point in arguing, we are probably both right.

mtbr member

Lol as if

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Totally secure in my own manhood...I dont think you dudes get it. No one wants to come up and hang out/talk to you when you are having a sausage fest on the trail. I mean, you can wear whatever the heck you want, but face the shunning consequences from me and everyone in my crew.
    If wearing lycra ensures avoidance of trail interaction with your crew, I may actually consider it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    BMC must know "the truth" because their 2014 mtb lineup does not include 26 or 650b wheels. Hmmm.

No Stranger to danger....
    LOL Great thread and pic OP, i got a laugh out of it.

People have to lighten up, WTF is the world coming to if people cant make a light hearted joke, are we really that serious, there are some people that seem to want to control everything, the politically correct gang, the right fighters, the god botherers, lighten the fek up you control freaks.

Sexuality is funny, whether your gay ,bi or straight, its all funny depending how you look at it.

Religion is very funny no matter how you look at it.

Race is funny, every race has its funny points, every country has its funny points, if everybody could learn to laugh at each other the world would be a great place, but because of the right fighters wars and dramas are all around us.

If the Arabs and the jews could laugh at each other without getting offended at the drop of a hat there would be no wars.

To all you politically correct, serious right fighters, wake up to yourselves, lighten the fug up and get over yourselves, your not the centre of the universe.

If a dude wants to hold up a sign saying 29ers are gay, good luck to him, theres no malice in it, i wish there was more people around with a sense of humour in the world with the ability to laugh at themselves and others, the world would be a better place.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Rogue Exterminator
    You're right Tone.

Name:  gay.jpg
Views: 4283
Size:  72.1 KB

dwt
    mtbr member

You're right Tone.

LOL.

I believe Tone's an Aussie, and will laugh his ass off at that pic.

Happy blokes: G'day mate, howzitgoin', and all that. But tough bastards. You want them on your side in a bar fight- straight OR gay, doesn't matter. Drunk OR sober. Though IME not a whole lot of sober Aussies in bars :-)

Plus, never forget that Cadel Evans is the only cyclist in history who became World Champion on both road and mtn bikes. And also won the TdF. Seriously doubt that accomplishments of that magnitude will ever be repeated. He's a family man, not gay BTW, if that matters, and it doesn't. Them down unders are Bad Ass.

Rogue Exterminator
    LOL.

I know he will which is why I did it.
    And yes, he is an Aussie but we won't hold that against him, he is still cool.

If he ever comes to the US, I would be happy to throw some shrimp on the Barbie for him.

The truth about wheel size!-shrimp.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This whole thread is gay.

You're right Tone.

Bwahahahahaha, with the right guy, and the right love song and lighting you never know, i'll try anything once lol

LOL.

Happy blokes: G'day mate, howzitgoin', and all that. But tough bastards. You want them on your side in a bar fight- straight OR gay, doesn't matter. Drunk OR sober. Though IME not a whole lot of sober Aussies in bars :-)

Plus, never forget that Cadel Evans is the only cyclist in history who became World Champion on both road and mtn bikes. And also won the TdF. Seriously doubt that accomplishments of that magnitude will ever be repeated. He's a family man, not gay BTW, if that matters, and it doesn't. Them down unders are Bad Ass.
    Cheers mate lol, what i nice compliment for us aussies, you made my day

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Surfers should not walk across the beach to get into the water wearing wetsuits according the the lycra hate logic here on this thread..haha. Same thing really (neoprene)...a wetsuit is functional...much like lycra.

People get so 'angry' with folks who wear lycra. Makes me wonder what the real 'issues' might be.

When riding are you all staring at the crotches of your buddies? Weird stuff.

mtbr member
    There's only one "real issue". Its gross. Just like no one wants to see a big girl in Wal Mart wearing spandex. For me, its the same gut feeling.

BTW, Lycra's "functionality" is much debatable for most of mountain biking in my opinion, but let's not get into that here

mtbr member
    There's only one "real issue". Its gross. Just like no one wants to see a big girl in Wal Mart wearing spandex. For me, its the same gut feeling.

BTW, Lycra's "functionality" is much debatable for most of mountain biking in my opinion, but let's not get into that here
    You've been draging this thread Off Topic not to mention spouting bull hocky but "don't want to get into that here"?
    LMAO you sir are Trollorific!

mtbr member
    4 pages of nonsense and all of a sudden I'm the troll? The dude directly questioned my theories as well as others' as hate logic. I'm laughing right along with you. This is an endless battle. I agree...let's move on! I'm not normally Trollorific, but its friday and I'm stuck in a gray cube. LOL

Back to talking about the "gay" sign. So more worthy right? C'mon Man!

Ride on.

mtbr member
    What if you wear a wetsuit while riding? Extra gay?

mtbr member
    Riding what? A bike? A surf board? A wakeboard? First off, I already stated I dont like to refer to something of that nature using a derogatory term like "gay." But, to your point, if we are talking Wakeboarding or Surfing, then it depends on the water temperature. If its 75 degrees and you are sporting your latest Patagonia 4/3...that is lame. HA!

I dont care if you want to wear your wetsuit on your mountain bike...just don't get dehydrated and make sure you wear some baggies over it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Not if it was raining hard nonstop....

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    What if you wear a wetsuit while riding? Extra gay?
    I once saw a guy wearing a wetsuit skiing FFS!!!

I didn't think he looked gay but he sure did look like a douche.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Chuch, you are giving us visions of yourself looking at us in spandex and then punching your fist through a wall out of frustration...haha.

mtbr member

To me, wearing Lycra while mountain biking is like wearing a fanny pack. Sure it's functional, but you look like a dork

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

NedwannaB

Dork?

Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    To me, wearing Lycra while mountain biking is like wearing a fanny pack. Sure it's functional, but you look like a dork

Is that what you mumble under your breath as said spandex clad'r rips by you on the climbs and descents??? Sans fanny pack of course...
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Fanny pack is not the preferred nomenclature dude, lumbar pack if you please.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Is that what you mumble under your breath as said spandex clad'r rips by you on the climbs and descents??? Sans fanny pack of course...
    Yes, because as everyone knows, Lycra = fast and baggies = slow...

I should probably switch to Lycra, might give me the edge on some of those Strava segments!

NedwannaB
    ~Touche~! Now back to wheel size debate!
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

cadel was never mtb world champion, he did get a silver a couple of times in under23's though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fjdoug View Post
    cadel was never mtb world champion, he did get a silver a couple of times in under23's though.
    UCI Mountain Bike World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mtbr member

When fjdoug speaks....

fjdoug-" I don't post often but when I do.....My chit's ligit!"

Quote Originally Posted by fjdoug View Post
    You might wanna do some research.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    You might wanna do some research.
    ok tone's here it is, (again)

UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships ? Men's cross-country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast