mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Spot brand rollik557

So I rode the Spot brand rollik today, 140mm rear 150mm up front, at Green Mountain here in Colorado in two different configurations. The stock 27.5 set-up 2.35 tires and with a nobby nic 2.8 up front with the 2.35 in the back. We didn't know if the 2.8 would fit, but it did with out any issues at all.

I am am not a professional bike reviewer, but since so little has said about this bike I figured I would give my thoughts. I am currently on a giant trance SX the rear shock has been tuned by Avalanche, a big improvement.

The rollik climbs much better than my trance. How the trance climbs is my biggest issue with the bike and why I am shopping. The rollik sports a steeper seat tube angle than most bikes on the market and it was extremely comfortable riding. I am 5'11" 32" inseam and I was on a large. It was nice to not have to manipulate my seating position on climbs. On other bikes including my giant I find myself needing to move forward on the saddle to keep traction, but not on this bike. Standing or seated this thing went up hill easily with loads of traction. The front range is extremely dry right now as well.

Going down what little chunked up descents Green Mountain offers the bike preformed as expected. It was fun and nimble. With the 2.8" tire the front held the dust over crust better. It felt like it took a little more input to get it turning, but at one point I think I would have washed out on the smaller tire, but the nobby nic kept tracking the corner and a little tap of the rear brake caused the back end to slide slightly and I was able to keep moving down the trail. It was an oh crap pushed it a little too much moment, but all turned out well.

I am really interested in riding it on a trail I am more familiar with, one that offers more technically climbing and higher speed downhills.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I saw this bike at Sea Otter. It looked great. Good to see a positive ride review.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I demoed a Rollik today at Green Mountain as well. Incredible bike. Felt like much more than 140mm of travel. Also possibly one of the most balanced suspensions I have ridden. I was so impressed on the climbing and descending capabilities that I may hold off on a new bike purchase until I can demo their 29" version next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Spot Rollik 557 Review

Wanted to put this out there, especially for those that are at least aware of the Rollik. I'm coming off a 10 yo Maverick Durance, which I absolutely loved but was really starting to show its age physically and in terms of geometry.

I consider Spot and the Rollik (and eventually Yobbo (29er)) the 'spiritual successor' to Maverick! Small, innovative with an emphasis on simplicity. Plus, Andy Emanuel from Maverick is now engineering Spot's new fs bikes!

I was introduced to the Rollik by Ethan Franklin, formerly of Maverick, with Maverick Suspension/Flow Zone in Denver. Iíve been working with Ethan (and Scot Banks with Absolute Bikes in Salida CO!) to keep my Durance running and was just starting to think about my next bike when he sold me quick on the Rollik.

Only bike I really test rode was a 5010 (unimpressed), but was also looking at SB5C and SB4.5C, both of which I spent some time with in parking lots and adjacent landscapes. Liked the 4.5 the best but one of my crew already riding an SB66C so kept looking.

I was quickly sold on the suspension and geometry of the Rollik. On paper, at least, it was going to be a whole stiffer than my Durance and with far better geometry for climbing, which I felt was my biggest weakness. The Durance has a very relaxed SA and that really detracted from its otherwise solid climbing capabilities.

I bought the bike thru Ethan as frame only and we worked on the build together back in June 2016. Spot now has multiple build kits but initially only had a higher-end one that was beyond my budget.

Build highlights include:
    -Fox Factory Float DPS Evol
    -Fox Factory 36 (not original spec but 34 order snafu and readily available 36 for modest bump in cost)
    -Sram GX 1x11-sp
    -Stanís Flow MK3 (alum, 29 mm inner width)
    -Minion 2.5 DHF, 2.30 DHR tubeless
    -50 mm stem

I've now finished riding all of my local trails at least once on my Spot. I live in Austin and generally speaking, our trails are very technical with modest elevation gain/loss. Terrain is rocky limestone and granite, with lots of ledges. Also did a 4-day trip to Durango.

Composed is what I keep thinking. A little hard for me to discern what's due to wheel size, geo, suspension, bar width, etc contributing so it's the complete package for now.

The geo does stand out, though! Iíve never been more comfortable on a bike. Iím 6í-2Ē barely with a short 32Ē inseam and am riding an XL (25Ē ETT). I also rode an XL Durance (24.5 ETT), but the Rollik fits me far better, though due to difference in fork style, I have more control over bar height than with my old DUC and its direct mount stem. Main benefit is having my feet farther under my ass! Itís great for steep climbing (trail and road), better on flats, gentle climbs... better on my lumbar/glutes, better better! Even at same saddle and bar height (though my bar is now higher), having your feet farther under you reduces the amount stretch you need to fit the reach of the bike. Iím definitely ďinĒ this bike!

Whole cockpit feels unbelievable and I wasn't exactly uncomfortable before. Didn't think I'd stick with bars at full width (760 mm) but I definitely am. Riding straight lines better than ever, balance is better, steering takes less input, standing is way more comfy (road and trail). Feel really centered within bike and not on it.

I was a little worried about front center/chain stay equation, along with the 1/2 lb heavier fork - that manualing or just keeping front end light while technical climbing would be compromised. This is where it's hard to tell because the front wheel rolls so easily (due to wheel size and/or head angle and/or fork). And, since I feel like I'm more easily exerting more power on pedals, I need less up front.

I'm riding everything better and with less effort (especially upper body). Did a couple drops the other night that my crew and I had previously written off - and it wasn't like I 'holy ****' barely made it, it was more like took a little breath but my body on the bike were both totally composed. This was on a trail that we used to bust around in just over an hour but that now takes 1:30 following the last couple of big rain storms this Spring, and we did 2 laps. I didn't feel beat up, in the least, which I would've on my Maverick.

Real descents, like some Central TX Hill Country trails and definitely in Durango were a blast. Again, some of this may just be head angle, or wheel size, or the 36, but the control is awesome. Just so stable and predictable. I'm afraid it'll make me complacent if I'm not careful. I donít jump much but am working on airing it out more because the Rollik is so

And, LL seems to work as advertised! I do feel some of the single pivot-type spring energy/rebound on flat or mild upward grades on trails. When I look at shock while riding it's super active (so I know it's doing something), but very smooth. Not quite in sync with front, like Durance/DUC, but it's very good. I think stiffness of LL is being felt in overall composure.

Very little pedal bob except on road in too low a gear. Using lockout (firm!) on road since it's so accessible! I do a lot of road riding on this bike to and between trails and have improved pretty much every PR on my Rollik.

Yet, Iím still learning to ride this bike. What can't I drop, how steep can I stay seated, how far back can I stand and climb (maintaining traction), what gears for what climbs, etc.

And! Of course, it looks awesome! Fit n finish, radiuses, checkered matte carbon, overall form. Felt this way about my Durance, but the Rollik is instantly more appealing.

Thanks for reading! Hope this wasnít too scattered.

Spot brand rollik557-img_8714.jpgSpot brand rollik557-img_8715.jpgSpot brand rollik557-img_8729.jpgSpot brand rollik557-img_8786.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've been in the process of demo'ing a fair few really nice bikes this season/summer towards finding the replacement for my Norco Sight Carbon.

List of ridden bikes inc:
    EVIL - Following and Insurgent
    IBIS - Mojo3 B+(eagle and carbon wheels). HD3 Xt 1x 2.5 dhf's
    Intense - Spyder 275c Pro Build ( still want to demo ACV or Recluse)
    Guerrilla Gravity - Trail Pistol - B+ (still want to try as 29)
    Norco Range Alu (no carbon demos)
    Specialized 6Fattie FSR
    Transition Scout - Alu

My Sight has been the best, most capable bike i've owned and taken me and my riding to next level. I originally thought i would have replaced it last season (2 good full seasons), but hadn't ridden anything any better frankly to justify a replacement. Even now - some of the differences I've experienced have been very marginal w bikes listed. That said - this years demo rides have been the best ever and the latest bikes are really, really good - in reality - nothing bad exists in this list and I could likely be pleased owning most of them although i'd really pick only a couple today.

Little about me - I'm a bit older. Not the fastest, not the slowest. Can pretty much ride everything up and down (or try). I love technical terrain - something that the front range of CO is known for. So a real bike for me must be a good climber and really good descender. Finding that elusive "unicorn" or single bike quiver is definitely what Im after and frankly where I ride kind of demands it. Let me also caveat here a little bit - different strokes for different folks so you may have a different idea of a Unicorn. I don't ride lift/DH tracks - but do need to and actually like to pedal up to earn the turns and ride some pretty aggressive, steep and rocky dh. Apex, White Ranch, Falcon, Lair, Evergreen are the weekly go to's. Add in some Hall Ranch, Trips to Moab, Fruita, Salida/BV are all part of my season.

Now to the Spot - all i can say is this is the bike that was the biggest surprise of all - in that it is the most capable and competent of all the bikes I've tried with no real quirks or compromises when out on the trail. High Praise - i get it. Hard to believe - against that list of bikes, but yeah - its that good.

I believe when they released the Rollick - they were one of newest bikes w the steeper seat angle that everyone else is trending towards - steeper - over the BB etc... The new GG Trail Pistol is similar this way that and it works for me!! Im a big fan when climbing and especially when rocky technical features are part of the trail - it just positions you in a way that makes it easy to stay somewhat over the saddle and in good position to get up and over anything as long as legs and lungs are there.

Even tho that same steep seat angle position you different while seated - traction on this bike was unbelievable in the sandy, dusty (over rock), rocky conditions. Even with what I consider a marginal grip tire as spec'd - the Ardent - i hooked up everywhere - up, down, slow, fast, finesse moves... was blown away as I hated the ardent in previous use - usually left me with a death grip if in to hot and too late, or out of position - so on to the real reason this bike works so well - the rear suspension! (and why the Ardent actually worked)

The Living Link patented rear suspension is the most complete, rounded and balanced I've ridden. NO compromise I could find going up or down. Feel is very similar to the JS tuned Intense and DW Link for sure - yet different - and it just worked seamless, imperceptible, etc... meaning - no funny quirks or sacrifices. Step on the pedals and bike moves fwd - noticeably. Even in wide open shock mode and standing up - the sus is working to keep the rear glued to the terrain, ironing out bumps yet you move fwd at all times. This is the first bike that really made square edges a complete non-factor both up and down - no matter the size, frequency etc... No feedback through the pedals over successive edges, hits etc... just buttery smooth. Not that the rear dumbs things down - this bike lets you connect to the trail yet can haul over anything, pop off anything and smooths the worst brake divots/stutter bumps better than anything else I've ever ridden. Still hard to comprehend how they did it - but they did. FWIW - i ended up setting PR's up and down - and not just by a second or 2, but more substantial amounts near minutes etc...

The carbon build of this frame is stellar. Its a frame that seems military grade, ballistic etc... gorgeous oversized tubes and junctions. The ride was just solid (stiff yet compliant) quiet and overall just spot on dialed. There is no feeling of flex in the main frame or the rear triangle that i could discern.

Setup - All i adjusted was air pressure on the shock(Fox evol) and fork (Fox 34 w GRIP) over the days to ensure I was using the suspension to its fullest - and played w rebound a wee bit - but basically their simple setup was near spot on from the shop and felt good. FWIW - i rode it at approx 20% sag, 25% and 30%. Across the range the rear felt consistent, and it simply didn't create any strange attributes or alter the suspension whether at 20 or at 30. FWIW - the fork was a Fox 34 w GRIP. Personally felt it was the weakest part of the bike - not bad in any way but not as good as my MRP Stage I currently run.

Bottom line - put this bike on your radar. If you are going to Outerbike - definitely get on it - as I've read some other reports and the Vail Outlier demo reports elsewhere - those who tried it really had the same/similar perspectives as I did and quoted that "surprise" factor when it bested the other bikes they were demoing back to back.

And in closing - the Spot crew are really awesome - They've got a winner in the Rollick and whatever upcoming bikes emerge w the Living Link platform!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    While I was holding off (as I mentioned in my previous post) to try their 29er version next season, I decided to pull trigger a few weeks ago. Incredible bike! I've been a 29er only rider (less my fat bike) for the past 5 seasons but this thing rocks. I've set a ton of PR's on both the climbs and descents of my local trails that I have been riding for years. I now have 191 miles on the dirt and have a pretty good feel for it.

What I demo'd this season before buying the Rollik:
    - Yeti SB5.5
    - SC Tallboy3
    - SC Hightower
    - Pivot 429 Trail
    - Pivot Switchblade
    - Proudfoot hardtail 27.5+

While I don't have much to compare to the Rollik in the 27.5 world (other than that plus hardtail) I'm not sure if I will go back to a 29er (still have a 29er in my stable) after the past dozen or so rides. It's really a one-quiver bike. Climbs like an XC bike (but with better traction) and rips the descents. It's super flickable yet also very stable. I ended up running a 2.8 up front and a 2.4 out back. Perfect combo for the trails I ride and additional traction up front. My only complaint (my fault) is that I probably should have gone for the XL (6'1 with a 33" inseam) instead of the large. I'm going to put a couple hundred more miles on it an then decide. I also would like to ride one with a Pike instead of the Fox34. The version I bought also came with Sram Eagle which so far has been awesome. 32t up front and 10-50t out back is an incredible range of gearing for 1x. Weight came in at 26.5lbs before I installed pedals.

Anyhow, as mentioned in other posts, go out an demo one. These guys are somewhat under the radar right now but not for long.

Spot brand rollik557-spot.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Demo'd the Rollik 4-star build yesterday, here's my thoughts:

I just bought a 2016 stumpjumper elite this spring, that is my frame of reference. I decided to ride up chimney gulch and down Apex for you front range riders. The ride started out with a steep, grueling, painful climb over rocky technical terrain. I immediately noticed the steep seat angle on this climb compared to my stumpjumper. Usually on steep sections I have move my weight forward to keep the front wheel down, when I instinctively did this on this bike my back tire would lose traction, and I quickly learned I could stay seated on this bike. The rear suspension felt really firm compared to my stumpy even though it was fully open, I would even say that it felt more firm that my stumpy in "climb" mode. Overall the bike felt like a cross country bike with the seat position and firm suspension, and felt really fast and efficient going up. I was able to clear some really technical rocky sections on the climb that I didn't think I would be able to make. The only downside I could think of is with the firm feeling suspension, a few square edge hits to the rear wheel hung me up maybe a little more that the more plush stumpy suspension would have. ( although I have never ridden this trail with my stumpy for a direct comparison.) On switchbacks going up this was the best I have ridden, had no problem getting around tight turns.

Going up I kept thinking that I bike that goes up this fast and efficiently must have its drawbacks going down, and this is where I was really surprised. When the trail finally headed back down it started out with a fast flowy section with a few 1 foot ledges and some fun small natural jumps. The bike felt awesome in this section, really poppy and playful, and really composed on the ledges and jumps, and I was able to really rail through the turns. The supportive suspension made for an easy bike to jump off of stuff. The next section was steeper and rockier with some 1 and 2 foot drops and really chunky sections, which I figured would be where this bikes weakness would be. Again I was blown away with how composed it was through some really rocky rough stuff, it just tracked really well through everything and felt far more capable than I expected. I don't know what magic they have in that suspension but it works.

Overall the bike works really well both climbing and descending. The bike feels like a more trail oriented bike due to the steep seat angle and firm suspension, but once you drop the seat down and point it down hill it performs really well. I guess the seat angle could be annoying if you have a sudden unexpected drop you are not ready for as your weight is more forward, other wise i really like being able to stay seated while climbing. I also liked not having to change modes on the shock like I have to with the stumpy, it works on everything in open mode. Those guys at Spot are great, super friendly and let me stop in and demo the bike for free.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice Review BenG! I was the guy (Dan) that previously demoed and shadowed you all the way back down but probably chatted too much vs letting you just ride it. By shadow i mean - watching you disappear as my bike become un-settled across same trail!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    I've been in the process of demo'ing a fair few really nice bikes this season/summer towards finding the replacement for my Norco Sight Carbon.

List of ridden bikes inc:
    EVIL - Following and Insurgent
    IBIS - Mojo3 B+(eagle and carbon wheels). HD3 Xt 1x 2.5 dhf's
    Intense - Spyder 275c Pro Build ( still want to demo ACV or Recluse)
    Guerrilla Gravity - Trail Pistol - B+ (still want to try as 29)
    Norco Range Alu (no carbon demos)
    Specialized 6Fattie FSR
    Transition Scout - Alu

My Sight has been the best, most capable bike i've owned and taken me and my riding to next level. I originally thought i would have replaced it last season (2 good full seasons), but hadn't ridden anything any better frankly to justify a replacement. Even now - some of the differences I've experienced have been very marginal w bikes listed. That said - this years demo rides have been the best ever and the latest bikes are really, really good - in reality - nothing bad exists in this list and I could likely be pleased owning most of them although i'd really pick only a couple today.

Little about me - I'm a bit older. Not the fastest, not the slowest. Can pretty much ride everything up and down (or try). I love technical terrain - something that the front range of CO is known for. So a real bike for me must be a good climber and really good descender. Finding that elusive "unicorn" or single bike quiver is definitely what Im after and frankly where I ride kind of demands it. Let me also caveat here a little bit - different strokes for different folks so you may have a different idea of a Unicorn. I don't ride lift/DH tracks - but do need to and actually like to pedal up to earn the turns and ride some pretty aggressive, steep and rocky dh. Apex, White Ranch, Falcon, Lair, Evergreen are the weekly go to's. Add in some Hall Ranch, Trips to Moab, Fruita, Salida/BV are all part of my season.

Now to the Spot - all i can say is this is the bike that was the biggest surprise of all - in that it is the most capable and competent of all the bikes I've tried with no real quirks or compromises when out on the trail. High Praise - i get it. Hard to believe - against that list of bikes, but yeah - its that good.

I believe when they released the Rollick - they were one of newest bikes w the steeper seat angle that everyone else is trending towards - steeper - over the BB etc... The new GG Trail Pistol is similar this way that and it works for me!! Im a big fan when climbing and especially when rocky technical features are part of the trail - it just positions you in a way that makes it easy to stay somewhat over the saddle and in good position to get up and over anything as long as legs and lungs are there.

Even tho that same steep seat angle position you different while seated - traction on this bike was unbelievable in the sandy, dusty (over rock), rocky conditions. Even with what I consider a marginal grip tire as spec'd - the Ardent - i hooked up everywhere - up, down, slow, fast, finesse moves... was blown away as I hated the ardent in previous use - usually left me with a death grip if in to hot and too late, or out of position - so on to the real reason this bike works so well - the rear suspension! (and why the Ardent actually worked)

The Living Link patented rear suspension is the most complete, rounded and balanced I've ridden. NO compromise I could find going up or down. Feel is very similar to the JS tuned Intense and DW Link for sure - yet different - and it just worked seamless, imperceptible, etc... meaning - no funny quirks or sacrifices. Step on the pedals and bike moves fwd - noticeably. Even in wide open shock mode and standing up - the sus is working to keep the rear glued to the terrain, ironing out bumps yet you move fwd at all times. This is the first bike that really made square edges a complete non-factor both up and down - no matter the size, frequency etc... No feedback through the pedals over successive edges, hits etc... just buttery smooth. Not that the rear dumbs things down - this bike lets you connect to the trail yet can haul over anything, pop off anything and smooths the worst brake divots/stutter bumps better than anything else I've ever ridden. Still hard to comprehend how they did it - but they did. FWIW - i ended up setting PR's up and down - and not just by a second or 2, but more substantial amounts near minutes etc...

The carbon build of this frame is stellar. Its a frame that seems military grade, ballistic etc... gorgeous oversized tubes and junctions. The ride was just solid (stiff yet compliant) quiet and overall just spot on dialed. There is no feeling of flex in the main frame or the rear triangle that i could discern.

Setup - All i adjusted was air pressure on the shock(Fox evol) and fork (Fox 34 w GRIP) over the days to ensure I was using the suspension to its fullest - and played w rebound a wee bit - but basically their simple setup was near spot on from the shop and felt good. FWIW - i rode it at approx 20% sag, 25% and 30%. Across the range the rear felt consistent, and it simply didn't create any strange attributes or alter the suspension whether at 20 or at 30. FWIW - the fork was a Fox 34 w GRIP. Personally felt it was the weakest part of the bike - not bad in any way but not as good as my MRP Stage I currently run.

Bottom line - put this bike on your radar. If you are going to Outerbike - definitely get on it - as I've read some other reports and the Vail Outlier demo reports elsewhere - those who tried it really had the same/similar perspectives as I did and quoted that "surprise" factor when it bested the other bikes they were demoing back to back.

And in closing - the Spot crew are really awesome - They've got a winner in the Rollick and whatever upcoming bikes emerge w the Living Link platform!!
    Can you compare the Rollick to the Mojo 3 and the Spider 275C? Just demoed those two and was pretty impressed with them, but always looking for other options!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    IF there is any way to demo a Spot - i highly encourage it. IMO - the Spot just has the special magic of the living link rear which just works so well both up and down. AS it should be - a little more travel than each - and I feel the Spot handled the rougher/chunkier DH stuff a bit better and rode smoother than both the 3 and S275C.

We all know how good a climber the 3 is - and it is - Spot is as good - hard to say what better means - - but my seat of pants feel told me it handles the square edges in a way no other bike does and you find traction where there otherwise isn't any etc... I posted some similar times up but slightly better down on and Rollick on same trails, yet didn't feel I worked as hard up or as worn or "beat up" from the chunky dh. On the spot - i was ready to go ride the loop again.

All had a playfulness that is also rewarding when you find something to pop off and get some air. I can say this - i would happily look for a line less ridden (= rockier, chunkier, steep) on the Spot knowing the bike won't be a limiting factor.

I can admit that many times i get caught up on all the geo numbers - yet still learning that chain stay length or head angle or BB height or reach or ?? by themselves mean nothing - its the combination of all of them and all three of these bikes kinda prove that they go way beyond any given mm here or there while providing good riding, handling packages. The Spot really lives this out and maybe more than any other bike i've been on to date.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopace View Post
    My only complaint (my fault) is that I probably should have gone for the XL (6'1 with a 33" inseam) instead of the large. I'm going to put a couple hundred more miles on it an then decide. I also would like to ride one with a Pike instead of the Fox34.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spot.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	1096879
    Imo, yes, the XL is the better size for you. I'm 6'1" (6'2" with fro ;-) with 32" inseam and love the XL. Saddle's a little forward and I have a 50 mm stem. In addition to or instead of 34, may want to consider factory 36. Love mine and supposedly that's what 'Spot guys' are riding on theirs...
    Last edited by ssorgs; 10-18-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Included OP

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Is your Fox 36 150mm or 160mm?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopace View Post
    Is your Fox 36 150mm or 160mm?
    160 set at 150...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Update. I've now demoed a solid handful of great bikes. I'm buying the Spot Rollick. New Yetis, Ibis, SC - nothing could beat the overall feel and capability of the Rollick for me! Don't get me wrong all are very good to great bikes - which only says more about the Rollick frankly.

The closest IMO - was the Yeti 5.5 (i know 29er not 27.5) - in terms of how it rolled up and down rocky terrain. But not as nimble or 'fun' as the Rollick and way more work up. In the end - it came down to simply being the most capable, balanced and fun ride I've been on.

Will post picks of final build in couple of days! I plan to also upgrade to a Fox36 or Lyrik over the winter or once a great deal can be found - and will re-purpose the Fox34 to my B+ hardtail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Nice! I was curious what you were going to settle on. Not waiting for the 29er? Hope to see you on that sweet new ride!

mtbr member
    I've been riding the Rollik since it was first released. Sold my IBIS HD to buy it after only one test ride - it was that good!. Took it to Sedona to ride a loop I've done several times, and because I have a torn rotator cuff, so I couldn't afford to ride like an idiot. I'm by no means a Strava queen (use it to track mileage) but I set 9 PR's and I wasn't even trying. I was blown away! Both uphill and downhill sections were noticably easier. A lot get's mentioned about the seat angle. Here's my 2 cents - It helps w/climbing and when going downhill, using a dropper, you're not seated anyhow so it just doesn't matter. If you're not a big hucker, try removing the shock volume spacer and increase the air pressure. A lot more plush...
    When all else fails - Haul Ass

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Interesting about the shock spacer - I chatted w Wayne Lumpkin - founder of Spot Brand when I picked up the bike and he mentioned they were having great results with the smaller pucks vs one spec'd. Basically if I recall properly - stated - if you arent jumping/hucking big stuff than I might like the plushness better yet stays high in travel for pedaling so no real compromises - again if not hucking "big"... One of the other guys there was using the 2mm vs the stock 6mm spacer as his go to rear shock setup... need to try this myself. 2 weeks of ownership, tweaking and getting my personal setup dialed and the bike is more amazing than the demo's... color me "spot" ted

mtbr member
    What's the largest rear tire that could fit a Rollik?

Looks great!

Will they make a belt drive version (since this is a Spot Brand thing)?

Thanks for sharing the reviews.

@2whlfun
    Aug 2008
    I currently have an Ardent 2.4 on rear wheel of mine. 40mm inner width rim. Not much room left. I also have some good scratches in places where tire has dragged debris through.

mtbr member
    Thank you for the informative reply.

My wife has a Spot Acme belt drive commuter bike.

Since we are both single speeders the history of Spot Brand is dear to us, even if we don't have Spot SS bikes.

I have a fat bike and a 27.5+ bike as well. I heard about the Rolling when it was in development, and couldn't hold out for it, especially as I determined it probably wouldn't be both boost and plus compatible.

Maybe next time around.

I run my plus bike as 29" and 27.5+ depending on conditions.

It is great to hear of the great ride quality of the Rollik. I am sue it is a fantastic ride!

mtbr member
    All of you guys are REALLY BAD !!! After reading your comments and talking with a buddy of mine locally who owns a Rollik I went out and bought a large frameset online 5 minutes ago ! Now I need to figure out where to a get a Fox 36 at a decent price and I can move my parts off of my old frameset...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Welcome to "club Rollik" Ob1!! You won't regret it.

Best deal i saw pre-Christmas was Competitive Cycilst/Backcountry had last years 2016 36, 160, hsc/lsc adjust for $699... i was contemplating to grab one myself yet the 34 is so good i'd rather spend for a really nice wheel set and see how i feel about a new fork into the season. well - they no longer show on CC... but keep looking as i suspect some deals will pop on remaining inventory. Don't forget to sign up for Active Junky as that will typically get you an additional 8-12% back via refund from many a sight inc CC/BC, Jenson etc...

Keep us posted as you put your build together!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I am looking for new 27.5 bike this spring and climbing efficiency is my top priority. I currently ride a Yeti Arc (29") and am looking to get back into a dual-sus bike to handle rougher terrain.

After reading all the online reviews and commentary here I am adding the Rollik to my demo list for sure. A few questions to those of you who own this bike and put one together:

- Does the steeper seat tube angle take some getting used to? Does it feel odd?
    - Will putting a 160mm travel fork on this bike throw things off?
    - Sounds like 2.4 is the max rear tire size, is this per Spot spec?
    - May try to build up a frame - is the internal routing a pain to deal with?
    - Any changes for 2017? - Current bike looks the same on the Spot website.
    - Will Spot ship direct to customer? Looks like you have to go thru Velofix or dealer.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    AndyO - let me see if I can help - but ultimately - reach out to the Spot team via their website/email - they are AWESOME guys to work with.

- seat angle - felt weird to me on first demo ride. better on 2nd. Natural by 3rd. I love it now - for numerous reasons - feel better on bike, centered, front doesn't wander, legs are fresher longer
    - the new website addresses this - might be in their really well done documentation under the support tab... 140-160. Most of the Spot guys ride a Fox 36/160 on this bike as do others who own locally I've come in contact with. All say the 160 really opens things up. Its my intent to make this change this springmyself
    - not sure - but a DHR 2.4 WT does fit - as does a Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 which is about the same size/profile as the new DHF 2.5 WT
    - internal routing is "sleeved" on the inside as i understand - so each route is a complete tube from start to exit - just push cable through - no fishing w wire and special connectors
    - I believe Rollik remains same except for 2017 build kit changes (there is a new 29er which will be B+ compatible set to drop real soon as well)
    - They will ship direct, via dealer or via Velofix... (if no dealer or velofix is an option - or as you prefer)... at least this is my understanding - but again - you should be able to quickly qualify by reaching out to em.

Loving this bike - a LOT - even in cold weather!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the info kamper much appreciated! - I'm def. going to get a demo sorted out soon, there is a shop here in SF that carries Spot, so they may have a demo for me to try. Leaning toward building one up as I did this with the Yeti and it was a great experience. Next burning question - What's nicer the matte or gloss finish?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Once you do demo - please post your thoughts. Curious to hear.

Me - i personally went the matte/silver finish. Red looks real good in person tho. i just liked the 'blank canvas' approach to add some anodized colors of choice in certain areas - headset spacers, seat post clamp and possibly hub/nips if i go custom wheels at some point.

mtbr member

The build is done time to Rollik !

Well almost... tomorrow is the first trail ride. I just got done with the build this afternoon. From riding around the driveway I can definitely tell the geometry REALLY centers you over the bike for some seriously great balance. Also, climbing up the hill near my house was much easier than riding a slack seat tube bike.

Spot brand rollik557-spot5.jpgSpot brand rollik557-spot3.jpgSpot brand rollik557-spot1.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

...just plunked down the $$

Was riding a Maverick ML8 for the last few years, but opted for a lighter steed last year - Lynskey 29r hardtail.....time to upgrade...

Based on Ethan's recommendation and the Rollik's Maverick heritage (Andy), pulled the trigger sight- unseen.

Mine has a 160 Fox front fork. I think will prefer it to a 150...

Stay tuned. Hope to get my 1st ride in about a week or so..

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Any more comments about the Rollik?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Any new info to share RockitJ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    What is the weight of the Rollik frame with shock?
    Last edited by jacksonlui; 02-10-2017 at 12:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I've been trying to decide between a Intense Spider 275c and the new Yeti SB5. Now looking into the Rollik. From the geometry it looks like I'm between a small and a medium, just like the spider and sb5. Any thoughts on how the rollik feels sizing wise? Does the steep seat tube make the reach feel shorter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    What is the weight of the Rollik frame with shock?
    6.27 for large and shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thx. Pretty heavy although i do like the idea of the spring leaf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Some longer term owner observations of the Rollik and just how dang good, fun and capable this bike is.

So i've got 25 or so rides since i purchased late fall. They just keep getting better.

I purchased the 3 star build - all good workhorse components w GX drivetrain, Guide R brakes, ArchMK3 wheeset, Reverb dropper.

Changes:
    replaced the RF Aeffect alloy bar and stem w Easton Haven 35 Carbon at 750mm and Haven 50mm stem - takeoffs from previous bike.
    - other cockpit changes - removed the match maker mounting of the Reverb plunger as I simply couldn't get the proper location/feel when combined with the brake lever.

Grips - using the Red Monkey silicon lock ons. Can no longer ride a normal hard rubber grip once I went to silicon grips approx 2 seasons back. the Red Monkey's are simply awesome.

Wheels. No complaints frankly about the Arch. I do feel it would be better served w the Flow MK3 - but thats my opinion.
    I found a brand new, never mounted IBIS 738 wheel set take off locally on CL and got a screaming deal. 34mm id. I mounted Maxxis DHF 2.5 wt and DHR2 2.4 wt. I've always preferred grip and durability over rolling resistance and weight and where I ride this is my go to. Cant be beat IMO altho i like the Aggressor as well and look fwd to the new WT version forthcoming. (I did recently pick up a Rekon 2.6 to try in the rear once we are clear of spring changing conditions.)
    + I REALLY like this wheel set and tire combo - for alloy and especially for the money as I lucked out w the local deal. Hub is 10deg engagement as was Stans - and while i wanted something more in the 2-5deg range - I'm having no real issues at all. I may still lace the rear w an Onyx or I9 - but the Ibis house hub does run smooth and efficient. Having the ability to run low pressures and have a wheel that feels stiff yet compliant is a win.

Brakes - new rear metallic pads. A little more bite than the organic.

NEXT change - 160 front fork - gonna go with the new MRP Ribbon (hey - keeping it Colorado local!!). Should be installed by end of week. Lots of local riders on the Spot are running a 160 up front and seems this may be a game changer that takes bike to that next level (or so i've been told) Altho - i already think this bike is a unicorn sprinkled w some magic fairy dust!

After my rides around the front range of CO - i can't say enough about how well this bike rides.
    + It feels lighter and more efficient than it should given my current build.
    + it is the best climbing and most technically capable bike i've owned
    + It rides like a lower, longer and slacker "enduro rig" on the DH - than its relatively conservative numbers would imply. I've recently started setting PR's on a fair number of segments and giggling like a school girl the whole way down! Bike simply never gets rattled!
    + Its more nimble than my previous shorter wheelbase, shorter chain stay trail bike
    + it can slay the DH whether you are dancing btw and around features or simply plowing.
    (I can see why it's been given a local moniker as the "Yeti Killer")

I can only imagine how good their new big wheel version - the Mayhem likely will be for that 29er preference.

In closing - if you are looking for a brilliant and well sorted bike that does so much so well - try to get a ride on a Spot Rollik or Mayhem.

Spot brand rollik557-img_0251.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Waiting impatiently for my Mayhem.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Owner since last October

I built my Rollik up from scratch, using a mix of used and new parts.

- Fox 36 @ 160mm
    - LightBicylcle 30mm ID rims w/ Hope Pro 4 Hubs
    - Renthal cockpit
    - Fox Transfer dropper
    - Ergon grips
    - e*13 cranks
    - Hope E4 Brakes
    - Absolute Black 32t Oval Ring
    - e*13 TRSr tire (front)
    - Maxxis Aggressor (rear)

I replaced a YT Capra and a 5010 with this one bike and overall I'm extremely happy with it. As everyone who's ridden one will probably agree, it pedals extremely well - especially compared to the duo it replaced. I ride it on pretty much every local trail around SoCal, DH oriented or otherwise and it has handled it all. I do have a couple small complaints though:

1. The dropper cable routing (at least on mine) wasn't just "push through." The hose exited inside the BB area and there was nothing to point it upward towards the seatpost so it would catch. It took a bit of fishing to get it routed. (Almost literally, as I used a nail knot on some tippet material to get it to bend around the corner.

2. While the rear has little bob while pedalling - and in fact, this is the first trail bike I've had that I feel actually climbs better with the shock open - it feels very... "un-plush", for lack of a real word to describe the feeling. I had the same Fox Float shock on my 5010 and loved it, and I've messed around with the settings quite a bit but I just can't get it to feel right. Even the small trail chatter transmits through the frame. I often wonder if I either got a bad shock or a bad frame.

3. Finally, and this is mostly just because of my body geometry, I think they left the seat tube too tall. It's just a smidge too high for trail pedaling (but nice on climbs) with the 150mm Fox Transfer inserted all the way in. Note that while I'm 5'11", I have a 30" inseam, so I'm shorter legged for my height.

Spot brand rollik557-img_0140-small.jpg

*The wheels aren't correct in this pic as I was still getting the carbon rims build up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    So - first off - congrats and great looking bike. Smart build as well.

RE the rear suspension/plush (or lack of) you mention - what sag are your running? Is the shock the stock shock that came with it? (so it has the 6mm spacer)

FWIW - here in the front range of CO - I prefer closer to 30% and pedal efficiency is just as good all tho may dip a little deeper into travel if cranking up and over some real techy features - i don't mind that and also have no issues letting the bike work while i tractor over stuff. on some really steep, multi edge, lengthy features - i "may" on occasion use the shock lever in medium - but rarely. Bike works great in open mode like you stated.
    As for DH and plushness - you may want to consider the 8mm spacer - i did and allows a bit less air pressure for that more supple off the top feel but ramps a bit more progressively. I really need to go back to the 6mm and compare on back to back days.
    Either way - i don't know if this bike would be as much a "plush" bike (like many 160mm travel bikes) but more a bike that punches above its weight class?? maybe it splits the difference btw the 5010 and Capra? (I'm surmising this and have not ridden a Capra - but review are good on that rear long travel capability)

I've had some big hits, jumps/drops and find that IMO - it is quite "plush" for a 140mm travel bike.

I would also state - don't hesitate to reach out to the Spot crew - those guys are ripping up the trails on the rollick and likely have much smarter / better advice than I!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I guess I misspoke when I used the word "plush". I think the word I was actually looking for was "supple." I had been impressed by the suppleness of the Fox Float on the 5010, and on the Spot, it has a very dead feeling. (not the same actual shock, just the same model) I'm currently running 27% sag with the largest spacer to help with bottom-outs as there are some big huck-to-flat type hits on my regular trail, which also includes 12-16' gaps, multiple 2-4' drops in rapid succession, and harsh step downs.

Like I said, I've tried all sorts of settings and it's not really the big hits that are the issue. It's the regular trail chatter. I actually did reach to Spot and while they were responsive, I didn't find them helpful as they just replied with a "factory settings" sag chart and didn't really read what I wrote.

Anyway, I'm not unhappy with the bike, I'm just nitpicking.
    Last edited by Scott2MTB; 04-17-2017 at 09:05 AM. Reason: run on sentences

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

New thread for Max Rear Tire Sizes...

FYI, I consolidated the 3-5 replies that had relevant tire size info and moved over to different forum, >>Mountain Bike Manufacturer Forums>>Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers

Spot Rollik - Max Rear Tire Sizes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    Any more comments about the Rollik?

Just a great all-around trail bike. It's the best climbing full suspension trail bike I've ever owned, period. I'm currently living in CO so there are a LOT of climbs. ;-)

Downhill the bike handles great and in technical sections it handles great too. I think that the geometry on the bike REALLY centers you over the bike perfectly for great handling.

I switched recently from my Ergon grips to Revolution Suspension Grips and it's been a one of the best upgrades for my hands in years. I get off of the bike now after a ride and my hands are not sore at all. I have nerve and tendon issues in both hands. I would HIGHLY recommend checking them out if you have any hand and/or nerve issues.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I've waited awhile prior to writing my impression of the SPOT Rollik 557. I'm going to describe the riding experience base on feel versus technical virtues of the bike. It's a simple suspension design providing worry free maintenance so you can maximize fun on riding. The accolades and traits stated on this forum are spot on (thanks to those on this forum who replied to my PM when I was looking).

I've been riding 29er since Tallboy generation 1. I've been lucky enough to have an E29 and a Flash29er for the wider range of riding that I like to try to do. I recently have been more into trail riding focusing on featuring vs the XC epics. I wanted an agile bike, stable, balance and with good climbing traits. I think I have found my new ride.

The Rollik fits perfectly in the trail category compared any of the bikes I currently own. I feel the bike tracts well in varying terrain - loose over hard, rocks, chunky terrain. The bike corners admirably well. The pedaling flat form is solid - well supported across the travel range and first noticeable on the g-outs while providing excellent traction. The Rollik has a wider skill bandwidth than I can I ride. The only modification I have done is utilizing a 2.5 Minion DHF for the front and moving the 2.4 Ardent for the rear. The suspension is stock and it only took several rides to dial in. In general, feel faster up and down in most situation. Haven't timed myself but definitely more confident on the downs.

I bought this bike on the back of demoing the SB5C and the Bronson but liking the steeper STA on the Rollik for climbing. I also like supporting small innovative companies. In summation, Rollik provides a simple suspension design coupled with balance geometry that provides a fun fun fun bike to ride for everybody.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Welcome to Club Rollik DD! You are spot on with your assessment of the Rollik IMO - such versatile and capable bike! I love the ride every time and would not hesitate to ride it anywhere - save for maybe a paved path - cuz that just wouldnt be fun to me!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Demoed a Mayhem and now I want to add that to my stable as well. Not as flickable or as playfull as the Rollik but the larger wheel is ideal for the XC stuff I ride 85% of the time. Unfortunately I can't afford both so the Rollik will have to go. I'm worried I may regret my decision. We'll see. Off to the classifieds I go.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Some Friday Rollik stoke:

CC Helm 160 on the front. IBIS 738 Wheels. DHF 2.6 frt/DHF 2.5 rr. Easton Haven carbon bars, Red Monkey Klampz.
    Spot brand rollik557-img_1239.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just a quick note for your Rolliky riders out there. Fox now has the DPX2 in metric sizing.

I rode / demo'd via local shop and BAM - it is missing link to the very minor quibbles i've had for the Rollik going through high speed mid-size trail rubble... pedaling seems same similar - maybe even a little better on say some square edge step ups - but the downs unleashes the beast!

DVO Topaz also avail now in proper sizing and I'd love to give it a try. Nice to have some options that will wake things up a bit!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Just a quick note for your Rolliky riders out there. Fox now has the DPX2 in metric sizing.

I rode / demo'd via local shop and BAM - it is missing link to the very minor quibbles i've had for the Rollik going through high speed mid-size trail rubble... pedaling seems same similar - maybe even a little better on say some square edge step ups - but the downs unleashes the beast!

DVO Topaz also avail now in proper sizing and I'd love to give it a try. Nice to have some options that will wake things up a bit!
    I've been eyeing the DPX2 for my Rollik. Can you give more detail on what your quibbles were? I tried the CCDB Air IL but it was noisy and squealed and Cane Creek said "working normally" so I took it off. My current beef with the Rollik suspension is that to get the feel I want out of the initial stroke, I cant get it progressive enough to not bottom out too easily - even with the large volume spacer. The progressive-regressive curve makes tuning challenging. I thought the CCDB Air IL would let me tune that better but I never got it dialed before it annoyed me too much with its wheezing.

My other minor gripes with the Rollik are:
    1. 2.5 tires don't fit
    2. Seat tube it too tall
    ... just in case Spot is reading this and wondering what to fix in the next release.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My quibbles - and mind you - I have not yet ridden a bike that solves or has the perfect "everything" rear - but the Rollik has been the closest.
    - as the size and velocity of hits go up - say baby head size rubble or repeated high velocity square edges in the trail - bike starts to kinda get hung up etc.. I don't know there are many designs that can handle this "great" but just felt maybe the shock and current kinematics were hand in hand on this quibble. DPX2 just felt so much better in these situations...
    - small bump sensitivity i felt has always been real good - especially climbing, climbing rocky tech etc... as good and maybe better w the DPX2
    - hucks - launching off some high speed whoops in the trail the landings just completely soft and controlled - no funny rebound issues - much better than the DPS
    - high speed - encountering any trail undulations, rocks, roots, off camber etc... bike just felt more controlled and again - rebound speed set faster that DPS
    Overall the shock just works better. 2nd ride will be today on a bit nastier/chunkier trail - so will report back - but felt my sample set from yesterday gave me a real good idea and left me pretty jacked up that it worked so well.

Ill add to/edit Your list above
    1 - needs to fit up to 2.6 (btw - i have a DHF 2.5 running rear on 35mm id wheels - plenty of room all around but we all know Maxxis come in a lil short of printed size.) I have a WTB breakout 2.5 ready to mount. 2.6 Rekon was a no-go.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I agree about climbing/small bump sensitivity. I think the bike feels great there. Once the speeds pick up though, those small to mid-size bumps/chatter overwhelm the DPS and the bike starts to sound and feel wooden.

As far as a 2.5 Breakout... I put one in for a few rides. There was maybe 2mm of room but it kept dragging rocks through and putting big scratches in the frame. That was on 30mm ID rims.

mtbr member
    Scott2MTB can you give some more feedback on the Rollik vs 5010? Were you on a 5010 v2? TIA

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithnoname View Post
    Scott2MTB can you give some more feedback on the Rollik vs 5010? Were you on a 5010 v2? TIA
    I was on the v2 5010. It's been over a year now since I had the 5010 so my memory is getting fuzzy but there are two big differences that stand out to me.

The first is pedaling. The 5010 pedals very well but the midstroke support is much better on the Rollik. It feels like there is very little energy lost. Your personal suspension tune will affect this of course but to get the same amount of small bump compliance as the Rollik, the 5010 VPP still felt a little wallowy while pedaling compared to the Rollik.

The other difference is the Rollik is a longer bike with all that entails. It's more stable on the downs and in the air but not as easy to manual and bunnyhop. Not to say that it's difficult, but it requires a more forceful weight shift. I've never been more than functional at getting bikes high off the ground without a little bump or lip to assist me so I notice the differences quite a bit. Someone more skilled in that area might not.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    There are some KILLER deals on the Rollik direct from Spot right now - price drops across the board from frame to all builds. Significant discounts!!!

mtbr member
    There are some KILLER deals on the Rollik direct from Spot right now - price drops across the board from frame to all builds. Significant discounts!!!
    Shhhh....im waiting to sell my road bike and want to pull the trigger on a frame...

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    The Rollik got a new shock (DPX2) and a detailing.

Spot brand rollik557-img_0162.jpg
    Spot brand rollik557-img_0161.jpg

mtbr member
    That thing looks ready to rip. How do you like the DPX2? Any special tuning?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    That thing looks ready to rip. How do you like the DPX2? Any special tuning?
    I got a custom tune through Ethan at Maverick Suspension out of Denver.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    ooooooooohhhhh Rollik Porn!! I guess i need to go clean mine now... altho it looks pretty good w some mud splatters!

Nice ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott2MTB View Post
    I got a custom tune through Ethan at Maverick Suspension out of Denver.

mtbr member
    New Rollik club member here. I just couldn't pass on the black friday sale. 5010v2 frame currently on ebay. Rollik appears to be nice and beefy. Bare medium frame weighed 2950g (6.5lbs) which is 333g (.73lbs) more than my large 5010 frame. No worries here. I'm slowing building her up tonight with all the parts from my 5010. Stoked!

Spot brand rollik557-rollikframe.jpg

mtbr member
    First problem encountered. My BikeYoke Revive 160mm seatpost won't go down far enough in the seattube. I'm guessing because of the upper linkage axle going through the seattube. Bummer, I really wanted to run a 160mm dropper on this bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    First problem encountered. My BikeYoke Revive 160mm seatpost won't go down far enough in the seattube. I'm guessing because of the upper linkage axle going through the seattube. Bummer, I really wanted to run a 160mm dropper on this bike.
    What size frame? I'm curious because I was thinking of replacing my Fox Transfer for the BikeYoke (for stack height reasons.) On my large I have the Transfer slammed all the way in no problem.
    Last edited by Scott2MTB; 1 Week Ago at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added more info

mtbr member
    Medium frame. I need it to go down about 15mm-20mm more.

BikeYoke Revive is the real deal. You will not regret it.

mtbr member
    Good news. I was able to lower the seatpost another 18mm by rotating the cable mechanism at the bottom of the seatpost 180 degrees. This allowed the mechanism to clear the upper pivot. Seatpost is now exactly wear I need it for my height. Very happy that I can use my 160mm dropper!

Riding the Rollik around my neighborhood it feels very well balanced. It manuals super easy, easier than my 5010 which was surprising since the Rollik has a bit longer rear center. The upright seating position might take some getting used to. Cockpit is a bit cramped with the seat all the way up. I am running a 35mm stem at the moment, so I may need to go up to a 50 or 60mm stem to compensate.

Just need to get the shifting sorted out now. Had it shifting perfectly in the bike stand, but is shifting craptastic when on the bike. Might need to adjust it with the shock in sag position. Trying to determine best way to do this.

Spot brand rollik557-rollikcomplete2.jpg

Spot brand rollik557-rollikcomplete.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Good news. I was able to lower the seatpost another 18mm by rotating the cable mechanism at the bottom of the seatpost 180 degrees. This allowed the mechanism to clear the upper pivot. Seatpost is now exactly wear I need it for my height. Very happy that I can use my 160mm dropper!

Riding the Rollik around my neighborhood it feels very well balanced. It manuals super easy, easier than my 5010 which was surprising since the Rollik has a bit longer rear center. The upright seating position might take some getting used to. Cockpit is a bit cramped with the seat all the way up. I am running a 35mm stem at the moment, so I may need to go up to a 50 or 60mm stem to compensate.

Just need to get the shifting sorted out now. Had it shifting perfectly in the bike stand, but is shifting craptastic when on the bike. Might need to adjust it with the shock in sag position. Trying to determine best way to do this.

Name:	Rollikcomplete2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	1170651

Name:	RollikComplete.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	1170652
    Orange FTW!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott2MTB View Post
    Orange FTW!
    lol, I actually pulled those grips off my wife's bike, cuz you know, gotta match the fork decals! I see now that you're already running the same arrangement

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Looking good there noname... the bike that is!!

Your tip on the turning the cable mech on the bikeyoke may be just the trick i need for the longer drop.

curious - how tall/inseam?

THANKS -

mtbr member
    Thanks kamper, I definitely got lucky with the bikeyoke. If it helps, with the seatpost as far down in the frame as it will go, top of seatpost clamp to seat rail measures 221mm (right in front of the seat rail clamp). I'm about 5'8.5" with a 31" inseam.