Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    cool vid right there especially the dismount - fortunately not a "triple Lindy"! I was a bit bummed that you hadn't edited with some death metal audio!! JK

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

photos

I had matt black initially but now I have red/black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spot brand rollik557-img_0209.jpg  

Spot brand rollik557-img_1012.jpg  

Spot brand rollik557-img_1643.jpg  

Spot brand rollik557-img_1639.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    cool vid right there especially the dismount - fortunately not a "triple Lindy"! I was a bit bummed that you hadn't edited with some death metal audio!! JK
    I still ended up pretty bruised and sore, despite the lack of a triple Lindy :P

I got in a longer XC ride on the 607 yesterday, with a quick pass through one jump line. There was a lot of steep canyon-wall climbing, and some fun rolling terrain. The one thought that kept going through my head is that the bike/suspension just feels so much more controlled now. I never noticed a lack of stiffness on the 557, but the 607 is stiff to the point that it's very noticeable. It really takes direction and holds its line well. It also really like to fly, but I think for the people who go out of their way to ride jumps all day, the seat tube is still a bit too tall, though I suppose you could size down.

I don't know if I really notice the extra 12mm travel except on bigger hits which is saying something when you consider pedaling performance, but I think the DPX2 is a major contributor to the feeling of control the bike has now. It's very supple and tracks with the chatter well. You really notice this on your typical flat, washed out, brake chatter filled XC corners. If you have the 557, I'd definitely recommend swapping the shock, it's worth the extra weight IMO and probably a large amount of the difference between the two frames.

On my 557, I was running 160mm Fox 36 with the Push Coil conversion, and I just swapped that over, along with all the other parts - other than the e13 cranks I had to cut off. (That was the 5th and final set of those.) It's nice that way, as I feel that I'm getting a direct comparison. My feeling is that if you already have the 557, you won't be missing out on anything beyond some minor geo tweaks - unless you really want a little more travel - which you *could* achieve with the 557 with offset bushings and a longer shock, as @kamper11 said earlier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Hi there Rollik owners. Iím really considering ordering a large 557, but I am a bit concerned about sizing. I am 5 foot 9 1/2 with pretty average proportions. My two concerns are that the bike maybe too stretched for me and the seat tube height. I have demoed a large 5010 and a large Mojo 3 both felt ok, probably would have to shorten the stem 10 to 15 mm on those bikes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My belief is Large for you.

Im barely a hair over 5' 6" w very average proportions. i wear a 32/33 long sleeve shirt and 29.5 inseam... On a medium. Fits me great and altho a longer reach number than any other bike i've owned - it feels shorter seated (steep seat angle definitely effects this feel.

I have 2 buddies that have ridden/demoed - buddy w longer arms, similar inseam and similar height was wanting large. Other buddy who is 5'9" demoed large and loved it.

I know - its all personal with fit. And - the steep seat angle has you much closer to bars when seated... Give the lads a call or email - they will be able to really assist you on this one. They are all in the 5'8-5'11 range - far as i can tell standing next to em - all on larges.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Thanks kamper. It sounds like a large with a 50 mm stem might be the ticket. I have spoken with the fellas at Spot a few times, just needing a bit more convincing I suppose. Itís a large purchase for me for something I canít throw a leg over.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeder View Post
    Thanks kamper. It sounds like a large with a 50 mm stem might be the ticket. I have spoken with the fellas at Spot a few times, just needing a bit more convincing I suppose. Itís a large purchase for me for something I canít throw a leg over.
    It really depends on your inseam, and how long and the brand of the dropper you want to run. I have a 31" (almost) inseam and the Fox Transfer @ 150mm has to be slammed all the way in, running OneUp flats and 170mm cranks. A BikeYoke might actually work better even though it's 160mm travel, as the stack is actually something like 20-25mm lower on the BikeYoke. My point being, if you have average inseam for 5'9" then a large will be on the edge of too tall unless you want to run a shorter dropper (etc)

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Thanks Scott. It sounds like a 50 mm stem in the 125 mm dropper post is going to make or break the deal then. So far the guys at Spot have been hella cool to talk with.

Poser
    The reach on my new 607, believe it or not, is a tiny bit shorter than my medium 5010 I just came from. Feels like maybe a centimeter, which sounds crazy to say. Can barely tell, but it def does not feel *longer*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm really digging the 557 this spring with fast rolling XC style tires. Right now I'm running an Icon 2.35 front and Racing Ralph 2.25 rear on i29 rims and they really fly. I will probably move the Icon to the rear and mount my DHF 2.5 to the front once I start to ride the higher elevation trails, but for now I'm stoked on just how versatile this bike is.

Spot brand rollik557-img_2244.jpg

Spot brand rollik557-img_2232.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Supafly9 View Post
    Hereís my brand new ďoldĒ 557. Have a few short rides on it so far, but damn I love this bike. Itís somehow more nimble and efficient than my old (2016) fuel ex, with more travel. The travel feels stiff in the rear, still working on dialing it but I was really impressed with how well it pedals with no percievable bob even in open mode. Kinda regret not waiting for the 607, but with the deal I got my 5 star build for I can get over not having a 2.6 ď rear tire. So far all Iíve added are pedals haha. Such a well rounded bike, heading out to the bike park in a few weeks for some downhill hoonery and I canít wait.
    How did the 557 end up doing in the bike park? I think the 607 is more my speed, but I just got a discounted 557 frame and very happy with the price. Still waiting on a few parts I need, I'll be building it up with a 160 Pike from another build, so that should make it even more aggressive for me.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott2MTB View Post
    On my 557, I was running 160mm Fox 36 with the Push Coil conversion, and I just swapped that over, along with all the other parts - other than the e13 cranks I had to cut off. (That was the 5th and final set of those.) It's nice that way, as I feel that I'm getting a direct comparison. My feeling is that if you already have the 557, you won't be missing out on anything beyond some minor geo tweaks - unless you really want a little more travel - which you *could* achieve with the 557 with offset bushings and a longer shock, as @kamper11 said earlier.
    How did you like the 557 with a 160? Just picked up a discounted 557 frame and building it up with a 160. Did it still rip with the 140 rear travel?
    LMB

Barely in control
    Dang, the 557 is only $1700 shipped and all my parts will transfer over....

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithnoname View Post
    I'm really digging the 557 this spring with fast rolling XC style tires. Right now I'm running an Icon 2.35 front and Racing Ralph 2.25 rear on i29 rims and they really fly. I will probably move the Icon to the rear and mount my DHF 2.5 to the front once I start to ride the higher elevation trails, but for now I'm stoked on just how versatile this bike is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	1199345

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2232.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	1199351
    Great looking bike! Iím guessing Spot is putting that shiny red on all carbon models of the Mayhem/Rollik now? This color is Spot on indeed.

Looks out of place imo; does anyone know if you would be able to find a film or anything to get rid of it without primering/painting? I just saw a Pivot Mach 6 with a raw carbon look to the frame after someone customized it and wish l had those skills.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    Great looking bike! Iím guessing Spot is putting that shiny red on all carbon models of the Mayhem/Rollik now? This color is Spot on indeed.

Looks out of place imo; does anyone know if you would be able to find a film or anything to get rid of it without primering/painting? I just saw a Pivot Mach 6 with a raw carbon look to the frame after someone customized it and wish l had those skills.
    Not sure what you're talking about. There are still 2 color options, Matte Black and Matte Hot Tomato.

https://spotbrand.com/products/rolli...saAuDvEALw_wcB
    LMB

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about. There are still 2 color options, Matte Black and Matte Hot Tomato.

https://spotbrand.com/products/rolli...saAuDvEALw_wcB
    The Matte black still has the shiny red inside the rear swingarm and underneath where the frame protector. The all carbon look is nowhere to be seen on the Rollik 607 at least.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRdWarrior View Post
    The Matte black still has the shiny red inside the rear swingarm and underneath where the frame protector. The all carbon look is nowhere to be seen on the Rollik 607 at least.
    Yeah, the 557 has the full matte black option. 607 has the same color options as the Mayhem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12