Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

scott genius 2013 650b?

10K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  bhaithcock 
#1 ·
#18 ·
I'm riding 120mm travel front and rear now. My lower back wouldn't mind more rear suspension but the 120 up front feels fine. Not a fan of the idea of covering my bars in lockout and dropper levers.
Not that it matters as this bike is way out of my price range. would probably be out of reach
even with a shop form LoL!

#20 ·
I just put together a a mach 5.7 c, which is arguably the most versatile, and best 26" trail bike in the market. I also have a 650b singlespeed, and looking at everything else in the market, I can say that there is a lot of good on this bike. I couldn't read about the head and seat tube angles, but they look good to me. The long'l center of the bottom bkt looks further back than most LT bikes out there, but they may be on the money as the chain stay looks longer than most. Mr. Pacenti - curious that you mentioned that as the pull shock on the Genius LT was the only thing I wasn't crazy about. I love the horizontal single pivotish type suspension, which combined with DW link is the best IMHO. Scott is now committed to 650B after Shurter is killing the World Championships. I think those mid travel 650b bikes will take over the market, and these Genius LT, would make me think about my 5.7, which I love, but there is a lot to say about the 650b diameter wheel, which is very good.

#26 ·
I have seen the 2013 dealer catalog and there are no 650 B xc bikes at all in there. Most of the companies are only talking about the 5 to 6 inch market. Maybe in 2014 companies will realize that 650 B is not just a long travel thing. One of the guys on our race team who rides an air 9 took out a KHS 650 hard tail demo that we had and said if he had tested that before buying the niner he would have got it instead. He did a personal best on a bike he just pulled off the rack and raced

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.