Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rocky Mountain 2013 Altitude 27.5 !!

27K views 97 replies 52 participants last post by  Wish I Were Riding 
#1 ·
#60 ·
This is probably in here somewhere, but did anyone see claimed weights for the carbon frame vs. the Alu, say in a medium?
I think 5.5lbs is the number to beat, from what I have seen coming out from Scott and Intense...

#65 ·
Some question

Can some explain the new altitude range for me, whats the difference between the models, if we say exclude the shocks, rims and groups sets, looking at just the frame and shock.

I'd love to get my hands on a chinese black of the 790 MSL

Last question, Element and altitude, difference ?

G

#74 ·
scott sold out ?! :eekster: that's good though, if 27.5 is a success then many companies will follow, my lbs who deals only specialized is convinced that 27.5 will dominate the all mountain market and that spec will enter the market in 2014 :thumbsup:
not that like spec that much but more competition is better

#80 ·
I saw every model on Jenson but the 790 MSL. Not that I have the coin for that puppy.

Might stretch the budget for a 770. The Intense 27.5" bikes, also sold on Jenson have more travel than I can use. As does the Lenz lunchbox. So for me it comes down to the RM or the Turner Burner, both obtainable online. The Norco Sight B1 that Francois is in love with apparently must be purchased through a physical dealer. There is one within 50 miles of where I live, so it's still on the list. Don't need 6" of travel.

The Scott Genius sounded good, but I'm not going to whore myself out to the local dealer and drop down a big deposit on a bike won't see for months. Their low supply marketing strategy sucks AFAIC.

If you have a bike you want me to buy, make it easily available, don't play stupid games. Props to RM & Intense for selling via Jenson, as well as outfits like Turner, Lenz and Ventana with their own direct online sales.

#82 ·
I don't know about "whoring" ourselves by shopping at a LBS. Jenson is great to offer the RM, but our LBS won't carry RM just because of the online opportunities. It will suck for anyone who buys online but can't get service. :madman: I have just purchased a Scott Genius 720 and get this...$3800.00. That is $1000 under the MSRP. You will not get that price from an online dealer and I will be in good hands from my LBS. And they actually will stay in business. And they are styling out local riders who make the move to 27.5". I would have seriously considered the RM if I could have bought it locally. Still a sweet bike, but I believe the LBS is as important as the bikes themselves. Now if it would stop raining so I could ride!

#84 ·
I know nothing about shop costs and markups, but $1000 below MSRP sounds like they are making little to zilch on the deal. What's the shop and where located? I could go for that obviously.

#85 ·
I'll ask the shop owner to post here if he wants to move his other Genius bikes. I'm trying to set up some local friends. But I will ask. I think he just wants to see people out on the new bikes, he sure isn't making $$ on the deal. But I didn't think twice. Now someone buy my Jamis!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.