mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Remedy 8 or Remedy 9?

My LBS has both in stock and offered me a pretty killer price for the Remedy 9 at $4200 out the door. I'm pretty sure that he would offer me an equally good deal on the Remedy 8.

Is the Remedy 9 worth paying the extra coin for or would I be perfectly happy with the 8?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyRipper View Post
    My LBS has both in stock and offered me a pretty killer price for the Remedy 9 at $4200 out the door. I'm pretty sure that he would offer me an equally good deal on the Remedy 8.

Is the Remedy 9 worth paying the extra coin for or would I be perfectly happy with the 8?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Brandon
    Stealth dropper, full XT, Kashima Coat fork and a good weight aluminum frame for $4200. You better snatch up that Remedy 9, looks a like a good deal.

The cheapest I can get one out of the door at the moment is for around $4700

Is your LBS having a sale or something to offer it for that price?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushmanct View Post
    Stealth dropper, full XT, Kashima Coat fork and a good weight aluminum frame for $4200. You better snatch up that Remedy 9, looks a like a good deal.

The cheapest I can get one out of the door at the moment is for around $4700

Is your LBS having a sale or something to offer it for that price?
    Nope not on sale. I do spend some time in there and they provide all my service and parts needs.

pedal damnit!
    hey BadBoy. jump on that Bad Boy Remedy 9! definitely worth the extra $$$'s over the 8. been riding the 9 for several months now and can't get enough. and that's a very good price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hey BadBoy, I'd be intersted in what your LBS let you walked out of the store with the 8. I'm hoping to walk out the door with an 8 for $3000 at my LBS. They sell for a bit less than Trek's MRSP and they have a 10% Spring sale coming up.
    Last edited by yooper1019; 02-25-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: grammar

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yooper1019 View Post
    Hey BadBoy, I'd be intersted in what your LBS let you walked out of the store with the 8. I'm hoping to walk out the door with an 8 for $3000 at my LBS. They sell for a bit less than Trek's MRSP and they have a 10% Spring sale coming up.
    Yeah me too. I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow. I'll let you know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Full XT is what every shop recommends the Dropper post is worth $3-400 and better suspension is always a good investment. Go big!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Don't think I could live with the orange frame on the 9.
    8 with dropper post of choice and wheel set upgrade would be worth a look.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coastermtb View Post
    Don't think I could live with the orange frame on the 9.
    8 with dropper post of choice and wheel set upgrade would be worth a look.
    Thats exactly what I did, added a dropper and have some Stans Flow EX wheels on the way. Plus changed to a 1x10.

Love my Remedy 8, awesome bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yooper1019 View Post
    Hey BadBoy, I'd be intersted in what your LBS let you walked out of the store with the 8.

So I was quoted $3200 OTD for the 8 and $3700 for the 9.7. Now I'm in a real pickle!! $500 more and I've got a carbon frame. How does the front fork on the 9.7 compare to the 8?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyRipper View Post
    So I was quoted $3200 OTD for the 8 and $3700 for the 9.7. Now I'm in a real pickle!! $500 more and I've got a carbon frame. How does the front fork on the 9.7 compare to the 8?
    Damn dude that is a tough choice. Carbon frame would be awesome, plus you get XT cranks. The downside being the RS Revelation fork. Its not a bad fork at all and is about half a pound lighter than the Fox 34. One review compared the two and said "mountain bikers who prefer high-speeds and aggressive riding likely will prefer the Fox 34. Those who appreciate less weight and enjoy flowier trails should consider the RockShox Revelation." So I think it really comes down to your riding style and weight. I really appreciate the beefier fork on the 8 coming from a 32mm Fox fork on my last bike, but I have over 200lbs with riding gear and ride more on the aggressive side.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by piersurf View Post
    Damn dude that is a tough choice. Carbon frame would be awesome, plus you get XT cranks. The downside being the RS Revelation fork. Its not a bad fork at all and is about half a pound lighter than the Fox 34. One review compared the two and said "mountain bikers who prefer high-speeds and aggressive riding likely will prefer the Fox 34. Those who appreciate less weight and enjoy flowier trails should consider the RockShox Revelation." So I think it really comes down to your riding style and weight. I really appreciate the beefier fork on the 8 coming from a 32mm Fox fork on my last bike, but I have over 200lbs with riding gear and ride more on the aggressive side.

Yeah I'm not super aggressive so maybe that RS fork would work well for me then. Carbon is so appealing too.

Gonna go ride my old Fuel now to remind myself that I want a new bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    FWIW I recently got a 9.8 and love that package.