mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Quasi in Trek 69: fits!

mtbr member
    That'll make that bike really nice I bet!! This comes from my ride time on a Carver Bumblebee for several months. Cool!

Mark

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Nice! Looking forward to the ride report....

Cheers,

KP

I'd rather be riding!
    Very nice, I had decided a while back that the Neo would not work on my Top Fuel 69er. Now I am excited about the possibility of getting the Quasi to work. Any chance you could post some measurements of your chainstay and width where the tire is the max width so I could compare to my bike?

Hey Kirk, I'm down in B'ham. Do you have any tires mounted up that I could test fit on my bikes rear end if I made the trip up to Chattanooga? Also, can you point me to the link with the specs/ measurements for the Quasi Moto?

nothing relevant to say
    Well da/v\n. I'd love to see a F120 upfront with a Neo-Moto. That may even out the wheel swap. Then, you could be sitting pretty with a converted 650b. A Trek rep needs this thread forwarded to them. If such a bike would occur from trek, then tires and rims would probably follow, not to mention a dedicated fork.<br> Also, the Trek 69r hardtail has a 42.4cm chainstay length, which equals 16.7". A perfect length.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Well da/v\n. I'd love to see a F120 upfront with a Neo-Moto. That may even out the wheel swap. Then, you could be sitting pretty with a converted 650b. A Trek rep needs this thread forwarded to them. If such a bike would occur from trek, then tires and rims would probably follow, not to mention a dedicated fork.<br> Also, the Trek 69r hardtail has a 42.4cm chainstay length, which equals 16.7". A perfect length.
    If i remember correctly, the chainstay is few mm longer than 424, a sweet lenght in any case.
    As for the ride report, the first snowfall of the season is forecasted for tomorrow, so i'll have to swap the Quasi with a studded 26" Nokian, lots of fun anyway.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    [QUOTE=kmacon]Very nice, I had decided a while back that the Neo would not work on my Top Fuel 69er. Now I am excited about the possibility of getting the Quasi to work. Any chance you could post some measurements of your chainstay and width where the tire is the max width so I could compare to my bike?

QUOTE]
    The width where the tread of the tire is the max width is 55mm, cheers.

www.derbyrims.com
    I think Cane Creek makes a 1/2 inch headset lower race spacer which could bring the front end up to keep the steering geometry the same as before. I don't see it on the CC web site, but I have recently seen one on a bike using a standard 1 1/8 inch headset so the fork knobs would clear the down tube (and slack steering). Maybe your local bike shop would have it listed as a special order part.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

it flies!

NeoMoto on Velocity Blunt

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by lavolpeeluva
    NeoMoto on Velocity Blunt

Nice! Give us a detailed ride report when you get a chance.

Cheers,

KP