mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Need to build a strong wheel for my new bike.

Heya

So I am about to drop the trigger on a new bike. The C'dale Cujo 1. I am a big powerful guy and the riding I do is rocky chunky messy and plain hard on wheels.

I fully expect to have to build a stronger rear wheel and soon. I am looking for an affordable strong and 36 spoke rim for 27.5 +. the bike comes with a WTB stx i35 32 whole.

Is there a good choice I can start looking for?

I currently ride sun rims Mammoth rear and Rhyno lite front cause they are all that has stood up to me. I clearly dont care about weight just solidity.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    so as an addendum I got the bike and what do you know I so far have not needed to worry about the stock wheels for now.

Set them up ghetto tubeless yesterday for my first ever time doing it. I am a long time professional mechanic and I have never had to do a tubeless setup at the shop, embarrassing no?

Ok so next question. I am thinking of building a second set of wheels for this bike as a 29'er for the eff of it and I am looking for suggestions on hubs. This bike comes with an 11 sp boost hub with a 4mm old style QR. No through axle in back and I am looking for a R hub to build my second set with. Any suggestions that are decent quality 32 h but not too spendy?

I suppose I could get another formula hub but what else is out there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Bachner View Post
    so as an addendum I got the bike and what do you know I so far have not needed to worry about the stock wheels for now.

Set them up ghetto tubeless yesterday for my first ever time doing it. I am a long time professional mechanic and I have never had to do a tubeless setup at the shop, embarrassing no?

Ok so next question. I am thinking of building a second set of wheels for this bike as a 29'er for the eff of it and I am looking for suggestions on hubs. This bike comes with an 11 sp boost hub with a 4mm old style QR. No through axle in back and I am looking for a R hub to build my second set with. Any suggestions that are decent quality 32 h but not too spendy?

I suppose I could get another formula hub but what else is out there?
    Check out Hadley Hubs

I own a pair of ten year old Hadleys. They are still bulletproof after all these years.

I just picked up a new pair for my new bike build.