Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    is this better for a user name?

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Pretty happy with her so far...got a question though, I've got installed a set of GXP crankset, and the PF 92 bb came with a wavy spacer and a 2.5 black spacer, .....does anyone know if I should install the black spacer?
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_3796.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Continuing my (the one with the disturbing other user name) questions
    Has anyone here tried a Bos Vip'r or Manitou McLeod in a Foxy? If so, what did you think, and for the Vip'r, what was your setup?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Info for Ban

You do not need the black spacer on the GXP bottom bracket for the Foxy (on a PF92 unit)

Make sure you do fit the wavey washer tho.

Also if you change to a Hope PF 92 bottom bracket you still need the wavey washer

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Anyone know of a good way to get a mondraker into the states without paying a fortune? Seems like a bike I would love.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Anyone know of a good way to get a mondraker into the states without paying a fortune? Seems like a bike I would love.
    I'm not sure about the US but in Canada it is always cheaper through the mail than by courier. I got my Vantage frame from Alltricks in France shipped here for $35 CDN and $40 tax.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    cheers mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by testrat View Post
    Info for Ban

You do not need the black spacer on the GXP bottom bracket for the Foxy (on a PF92 unit)

Make sure you do fit the wavey washer tho.

Also if you change to a Hope PF 92 bottom bracket you still need the wavey washer

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.

Any others?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Anybody here ever try an aggressive short travel 29er (Banshee Phantom, Transition Smuggler etc.) in comparison with a Foxy?
    Similar thing in a way? Short travel but ballsy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hi guys, i want to know what is the difference between 2014 frame and 2016 frame? geometry same or not ? thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I think everything is the same geo wise. However, the problems with the 14 were fixed with the 15. The 15 and 16 and dead the same for the xr down to the paint job minus the sticker kit. I have a 15 with the new rear triangle. If you can get a 15 you can save yourself some $$. All depends what you like for parts. I just bought a frame and built it. If you can get an xr and if you do not mind the formula breaks then you will be fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    btw,

just got my new Summum frame!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-p4pb13110399.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    sorry i dont know, what is the problem with 2014 frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    The rear triangle cracked. They reinforced it at the chainstays.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by depeche4 View Post
    The rear triangle cracked. They reinforced it at the chainstays.
    Oh $hit, I had my finger hovering for a week above checkout button at local mondraker dealer for Foxy XR L 2014 frameset, then I seen this...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    There is nothing to worry about. Mondraker has been very swift about replacing cracked rear triangles on 2014 frame sets. They have stocked 2015 triangles in 2014 model year colours. I got my triangle replaced in a bit more than a week's time and you can't notice the difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Good to hear that they are prepared for that. I own Mondraker Foxy 2011, pre-forward geometry model and I'm quite happy with suspension and pedaling. But the frame flex a bit too much. I expect that 2014 model is better in that regard, as the upper linkage is one-piece design now and 12mm axle would help as well.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm tempted to import a 2015 XR frame but given its hard to find a lot of reviews compared to big brands, and I can't test it, I'm a little afraid of:

- the geometry design being quite different (which is also why im tempted)
    - the exposition of the shock to mud even with the flap

./me looking for sweet words and get convinced to get it anyway

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Best bike I have ever ridden hands down. I was a Santa Cruz guy before this. I have imported 3 mondrakers to Canada, that is how much I like how they ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    You are in a bit of trouble there Depeche4. That Summun is a serious bit of kit mate.

We wont hear your screams until the bike has gone past by a long way, such is the audible experience as you approach the sound barrier.

Nice - envy here. Cheers W

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    You are in a bit of trouble there Depeche4. That Summun is a serious bit of kit mate.

We wont hear your screams until the bike has gone past by a long way, such is the audible experience as you approach the sound barrier.

Nice - envy here. Cheers W
    Thanks,

second one. First with the proper 27.5 so it will be cool to see how it goes. My last one (2014) was fast, much faster than the Trek's and Santa Cruz bikes I was coming off of.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi guys,
    Anyone who could tell me the torques for both shock bolts on the 2015 Foxy carbon frame? They seem missing in the manual.
    Thanks!

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_20160220_133455.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi,

All suspension bolts are have a torque setting of 15Nm.

Make sure you have good quality tools as the bolts are aluminium and the heads can/do distort quite easily

ps the black upper link mount is a t30 torxs but has a 5mm allen bot inside

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    ? My shock bolts are stainless and use a internal hex allen head.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi,
    does anyone have the 2016 Foxy model and could confirm that they have the 2016 Fox shock with the DPS system and the "firm" lockout (not the former CTD system) equipped?

The Mondraker website just says it has a
    "FOX FLOAT LV EVOL 3POS LEVER REAR SHOCK". So it is a DPS-one or did they rather just mount the EVOL sleeve to an older CDT-Model?
    Thanks!

I would also appreciate if someone could share the 4-letter "tuning-ID" printed on his shock on his 2016 Foxy model.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by branemb View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with creaking/knocking sounds from the linkage? I have a 2014 Alloy Foxy frame with 2015 rear swingarm. The bearings are almost new and all bolts are tight, but there is still this knocking sound that's driving me nuts. The only fault that I found is that of the bolts on the rocker&seat stay pivot is slightly bent. Its not visible with naked eye, but it needs some force to get it through the bearing. Could this be the source?
    I was getting driven crazy by this a few months ago, i was getting creaking when the pedals were going round and a knocking sound. I was thinking it was bottom bracket related but eventually i worked out that all it was, was the 2 suspension pivot bolts, they were dry, i removed them, greased them, and now the problem is solved

mtbr member
    Have been riding my '15 RR for over 2 months now. Bottom line is that I love it. A few negatives: The Formula CR3 brakes still rub but ever so slightly. The brake clamp is not compatible with the Fox remote or the Reverb remote so now my left thumb gets a lot of unnecessary exercise reaching for the remote which I have been using a lot.

The tires suck in the mud. Not sure why but I expected better performance out of Maxxis Ardents.

Now for the positives:
    - Love the dropper post
    - Love the 1x drive train (don't miss my 3x10)
    - Apart from the problems, the CR3 brakes perform very well
    - The CTD remote rocks. Never thought I'd use the remote as much.
    - The CB wheels look incredible. Haven't noticed any flex at all.
    - Absolutely loving the frame. Excellent internal routing (though I wish the rear triangle also came with internal routing but after the crack problems I can understand why they took that approach)

If I were being picky, I'd swap the grips for something softer and more ergonomic, the brakes for Guide, and the tires for Schwalbe or Continental but I can certainly live with what I have now.
    '11 Epic Comp, Shimano SPD M780, Giant Contact Switch-R, Specialized Ribcage, Bontrager Trip 200, Ergon GS1

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Built some 40mm wide chinese carbon wheels for my Dune this season and added a 203mm brake rotor on front wheel. Looking forward for the snow to melt!

But does anyone know if the 2016 upper/lower links are compatible with the 2015 models? If so, I wonder if it is worth to replace them. Had to replace the bearings twice last year..

ĹMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-20160319_104913.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdfast77 View Post
    I was getting driven crazy by this a few months ago, i was getting creaking when the pedals were going round and a knocking sound. I was thinking it was bottom bracket related but eventually i worked out that all it was, was the 2 suspension pivot bolts, they were dry, i removed them, greased them, and now the problem is solved
    I am having the same problem. Which bolts are you talking about. The two bolts on the suspension rocker?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi. I have a good offer for Foxy 2015 Medium Carbon. I am 178 sm. I am afraid that it will be too long for me. I check the geometry, Foxy has very long Reach than other bike on the market in Medium.
    Also have anybody poblems with carbon Foxy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by q232 View Post
    Hi. I have a good offer for Foxy 2015 Medium Carbon. I am 178 sm. I am afraid that it will be too long for me. I check the geometry, Foxy has very long Reach than other bike on the market in Medium.
    Also have anybody poblems with carbon Foxy?
    I am 178 cm too, 32" inseam when shopping clothes, and between large and medium with regards to Mondraker sizing. With a 30 or 35mm stem, med size is perfect for me, it climbs extremely well (technical climbing) and still very safe when it gets steep downwards.

The large version would require a 10mm stem, and together with the taller head tube, I think the handlebars would be too high. I used 10mm stem in the beginning, but I found that the bike climbed to poor with that setup, and too wiggly on low speed.

So I think a medium Foxy would be a good option. I tried a size XL Transition Smuggler, and found that was more or less perfect size for me. Smallish? Too bad for bigger guys.

mtbr member
    I'm the same height. Remember the Mondraker idea is to increase the top tube reach while simultaneously reducing the stem length. My RR is fine. The only occasion I have problems is when making a sharp turn with the dropper dropped.
    '11 Epic Comp, Shimano SPD M780, Giant Contact Switch-R, Specialized Ribcage, Bontrager Trip 200, Ergon GS1

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi!
    A small newbie question about the suspension screws, here a pix

If I want to tighten the screw, anticlockwise like the red arrow, right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    You are correct. The threads are normal, but when disassembling, the bolts are coming out on the inside of the link, so they need to be screwed out when they are to be tightened.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I couldn't access the other side of the screw with the torque wrench when the damper is mounted. And the torque wrench doesn't work in the anticlockwise direction. That is why I hoped I were wrong with the red arrow... Thx

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hi guys,
    Where can I order a derailleur hanger for the 2015 Foxy Carbon? What is the correct model? Thank you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    ^is this the right one:

Hanger 2

mtbr member
    See my Foxy thread as l have the 2016 bike.
    My similar thread about the Foxy R was skipped over while this one has got over 700 replies!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Japsel View Post
    I am having the same problem. Which bolts are you talking about. The two bolts on the suspension rocker?
    The 2 bolts at the top of the rear triangle (below the seat post), sorry for late reply!

mtbr member
    OK well despite being ignored l'll reply.

Those bolts are removed counterclockwise as they have a normal thread. On my bike they were very tight, you'll need an allen key with a handle to get enough leverage. You don't remove them from the inside of the triangle.

Confusingly the rest of the bolts on the suspension, particularly the two main pivot bolts above and behind the bottom bracket, are removed from the opposite end (not the end with the off centre hole)

On my Foxy R, greasing all these linkages stopped the creaking when pedalling, which had got really bad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hey, looking for help. i bought a spacer for my rear shock, all i really want to do is get access to the cannister so i can unscrew it and put the spacer in. It's pretty difficult to access on the 2014 Foxy R. What's the easiest way of removing the shock. Is it at the top bushing of the shock? I have a 5mm alan key which doesn't quite catch here, not sure if i'm using the wrong tool, or has perhaps in the past the local bike shop slightly rounded the inside of the bolt

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OysteinS View Post
    I am 178 cm too, 32" inseam when shopping clothes, and between large and medium with regards to Mondraker sizing. With a 30 or 35mm stem, med size is perfect for me, it climbs extremely well (technical climbing) and still very safe when it gets steep downwards.

The large version would require a 10mm stem, and together with the taller head tube, I think the handlebars would be too high. I used 10mm stem in the beginning, but I found that the bike climbed to poor with that setup, and too wiggly on low speed.

So I think a medium Foxy would be a good option. I tried a size XL Transition Smuggler, and found that was more or less perfect size for me. Smallish? Too bad for bigger guys.
    Thank you. What about broken carbo Foxy?

mtbr member
    Oh and remove the shock and dismantle/grease the bushes (on the shock) Mine were solid, and l had to tap them out with a drift.
    This on a bike not six months old, but l have used it (70 rides since purchase at Christmas)

Clean up with emery paper, grease and re-assemble.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hey there!
    I'm a newbie here, and I would like to purchase a Foxy XR 2016.
    I tested for a few minutes a Foxy R 2016 size L and felt ok.
    I am 176cm and can't decide. M or L ?
    Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    I am 167cm and the medium frame felt perfect for me, even though the Mondraker size chart (and the bike store) put me on a Small.

I would suggest the Medium because the Foxy frame is quite long, but in the end you need to if possible ride both sizes.

When l did that, it was straightaway obvious that the Medium was the bike for me, as the Small felt cramped.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    1.73cm and a medium here. Fits perfect. Don't let the reach fool you! I'm in The same riding position on my Foxy, reach 475 compared to my Marin Mount Vision, reach 425. Bodywise that is, the position on the bike doesn't compare of course. Compare reach and add the size of the stem to compare which size Foxy fits (based on that your current bike is a good fit!)

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I am 176cm with 80cm inner leg and the Medium fits perfect. And that's how it looks like.

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-2018739-ai86nf6g6s1x-20160610_160025-medium.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Thanks for all the feedback. I have placed the order on the Foxy R aluminium size M.
    Really counting the days until it arrives and I can get it out for some shred.
    Will change the stic brakes with XT's and add a 50t sprocket from ONEup, and that's about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi guys, I broke my rear end last year and it happened again. Different spot but on the same part of the frame. Anyone else do this? Does it happen with the carbon frame?

DaveMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0088.jpg

mtbr member
    Mine's been OK.

What kind of riding are you doing on it, are you pushing it to the limit with jumps etc or just general trail riding.
    How much do you weigh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    trail riding. I ride fast but do not abuse the bike. That is the second rear end I broke. I think there is a structural issue. I am about 210.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

DT swiss RWS Bolt

Hi guys, first time I put off the rear wheel of my foxy (carbon r 2015) a tapered washer from the RWS bolt felt on the floor .. since I am not 100 percent sure where it belongs ( OK it's my first rear maxle...)
    See on the pix how I put it back,
    am I all right?
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-20160727_100140.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-how-looks.jpgMondraker Foxy XR 27.5-rws-teile.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    outside the frame

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Damn depeche4, not again

How was the customer service and what did they say about a second rear triangle beeing broken?

Mine is so far so good, hopefully it'll stay that way..

But concerning the previous pics posted by 1b6l could someone post a picture of how it is placed correctly because i am not too confident that i placed mine correctly while i built the bike... :s

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The washer goes in the rear maxle , outside the frame in the disc brake side, I have double checked with a mondraker dealer. Not so obvious indeed

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Mondraker and silver - fish have been excellent. No problems with the warranty. Just have to wait for it to get shipped from Spain to England and then to Canada.

I have decided that I am going to put the frame back together and then sell it. I bought an Evil Insurgent frame. Everything fits (minus the post) and I should have that by Thursday at the latest. I love that foxy, especially after putting in the bigger spacer in the rear shock. However, breaking it twice is a little concerning. Now saying that, I am 215 pounds so someone lighter I assume would not have the same concerns. I still have a Mondraker Summum 2016 downhill bike, best bike I have ever ridden, hands down. And no issues at all, it is beefy.

So if you guys know of anyone in the States or Canada looking for a 2015 xr in large, brand new rear end. Send them my way.

Dave

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    new *****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_0189.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Not again.... :-( @depeche4

But I have to say, nice new bike!!! Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks,

if my wife knew what I spent on bikes I would be living in my new car!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Anyone who have checked out the new Cane Creek DbCoil [IL] ? Kinda tempting to test it on my Dune..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would be interested to hear if the DbCoil fits a Foxy. But since the DbInline air will not fit (see information on the CC-website) I expect the DbCoil not to fit.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    CC website claims that my DBINLINE doesn't fit a Dune 2015 either, but I have had mine installed for over a year now For the DB Coil [IL] I guess it depends on the outer diameter of the spring...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Sound interesting! Hopefully someone has close access to one to try. I don't unfortunately. And I'm not going to buy one and try on good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Managed to fit it to my Dune 2015 Large. Had to remove a small part of the cable attachment that is on the inside though.

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-20160917_182027.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice! Did you just remove the plastic cable clip or did you do changes to the frame? Looks nice! Question is if the square box of the Foxy is equal to the Dune?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Had to file down parts of one side of the cable holder. But not much. It is still usable if the coil is removed. I do think the Foxy has less space, the climb switch part would hit the frame once compressed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi. There is a chip between the seat stays and the suspension rocker that seems to be able to be flipped in order to make the bike slacker. Did anyone tried it yet?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Does a Monarch RT3 Debon Air fits a Foxy Carbon? Someone already tested this setup?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Yes that would be great if it fits. I am also wondering if the Fox X2 would also fit?

mtbr member
    May 2010

Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5

Monarch rt3 debonair fits

I am a Nomad
    Fox Float X2, I don't think it fits, on Foxy platform, too large external diameter. It only fits Dune carbon frame. Low volume Float X though probably fits.
    The box section down the frame is too narrow for fat body shocks... ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgalanis View Post
    Hi. There is a chip between the seat stays and the suspension rocker that seems to be able to be flipped in order to make the bike slacker. Did anyone tried it yet?
    You are probably talking about black round elongated nuts on the rocker... This is not flip chip, it is just a fancy bolt nut.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Talking of cracks, I've had the rear triangle replaced under warranty in May. I've now found a crack propagating from a weld on the main frame, awaiting a reply via the bike shop from Mondraker

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Talking of cracks, I've had the rear triangle replaced under warranty in May. I've now found a crack propagating from a weld on the main frame, awaiting a reply via the bike shop from Mondraker
    Is it problem with alloy frame only?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    The rear triangle issue is a known problem with a batch of foxys,not sure about the crack I found in the weld, behind where the rear shock sits, it's clearly a welding / manufacturing defects although it took 2 & a half years to propagate to the surface

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Update - mondraker are giving me an upgraded foxy xr 2017 entire frame, front and rear triangle, not a bad replacement for my 2014 foxy r

n8_
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    How dumb would it be to buy a Foxy XR off one of the UK sites shipped to the US. Looks like I'd be into it about $3300 or so including duty fees. 5'10 - relatively short inseam / long torso. Sizing thoughts? I just recently rode one of the new devinci troys that have a relatively long geometry. I just have to admit I like funky/oddball bikes. Will I have any choice of getting a warranty on the frame if I bust something?

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I ordered a Vantage HT frame from Mondraker | Alltricks in France. The sent the frame to Canada by mail for about $35 and I saved money on brokerage because they didn't courier. It was cheap enough that I took a chance. It confirmed to me that I like their take on geometry and would love to try a Foxy. That said I don't think I could do that with a FS frame. More $ and more things that can go wrong. Warranty is going to involve shipping the frame to Europe, $$$.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    The Troy is pretty cramped compared to a Mondraker. Devinci lengthened their bikes into the middle of the road, not long.

mtbr member
    Hi I'm considering a Carbon Foxy frame and I'd like to know if there is any difference from the first 2014/15 frames and the current ones? also, what about the tire clearance in the back? would a big 2.5 tire fit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Could you fit a 2.8 Rekon on a Foxy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Already a few months into my Foxy R 2016, and really happy with it. Could wish for a bit more small bump compliance on loose rocks at high speeds on the fox 34 and a higher front end, but apart from that, great bike.
    I am planning to do a small experiment for the 2017 season and change the air shaft on my fox 34 to bring it from 140mm to 160mm (like the Xr) and maybe add 1 or 2 volume spacers and slightly reduce the air volume so it would be a bit more plush at the beggining and ride higher in the travel.
    Any thoughts / insights on this?
    Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    change it to 160. Best thing you could do. I ran 2 tokens and it was amazing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Does some has the RAL colour code (or something similar) for the orange of the Foxy Carbon XR 2016 frame?
    I asked Mondraker on friday, but didnt receive an answer yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    Hi I'm considering a Carbon Foxy frame and I'd like to know if there is any difference from the first 2014/15 frames and the current ones? also, what about the tire clearance in the back? would a big 2.5 tire fit?
    They changed the Dune but I haven't seen any foxy carbon cahnges in press releases.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Cristescu View Post
    Already a few months into my Foxy R 2016, and really happy with it. Could wish for a bit more small bump compliance on loose rocks at high speeds on the fox 34 and a higher front end, but apart from that, great bike.
    I am planning to do a small experiment for the 2017 season and change the air shaft on my fox 34 to bring it from 140mm to 160mm (like the Xr) and maybe add 1 or 2 volume spacers and slightly reduce the air volume so it would be a bit more plush at the beggining and ride higher in the travel.
    Any thoughts / insights on this?
    Thanks a lot!
    Minimum 150mm travel fork IMHO gives best handling. Ive had a 160 pike on my carbon XR . Felt spot on for AM /enduro stuff. For a trail bike I do like playfulness of the geometry with the 150mm fork. Easier to loft the front wheel too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I ordered a Vantage HT frame from Mondraker | Alltricks in France. The sent the frame to Canada by mail for about $35 and I saved money on brokerage because they didn't courier. It was cheap enough that I took a chance. It confirmed to me that I like their take on geometry and would love to try a Foxy. That said I don't think I could do that with a FS frame. More $ and more things that can go wrong. Warranty is going to involve shipping the frame to Europe, $$$.
    helo, does the vantage R frame has enough rear room for 2.5'' tyre ?
    2016 Ragley Mmmbop 27.5

more beers, less gears
    Mar 2010
    Hi, I'm a Foxy owner now. Got a good-as-new 2015 frame (carbon), built it up on friday and the rear axle loosened twice already.

I read through this thread and people seem to have the same issue. But is there a way to get rid of this problem?
    Did anybody try to fit a Shimano E-Thru axle? I've got one laying around and might try it.
    Or would a simple bolt style Syntace X-12 axle do the trick?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Update - mondraker are giving me an upgraded foxy xr 2017 entire frame, front and rear triangle, not a bad replacement for my 2014 foxy r
    Hi there, my 2014 Foxy frame also cracked in the same place... Did they include also a new shock when they gave you a replacement 2017 frame? I'm waiting for the replacement from Mondraker through my lbs and I'm wondering.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Never had a problem with mine. Make sure it has the conical spacer on the axle. It may make a difference if you have lost that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Just joined after finding this on my 2016 Foxy XR this morning after putting the bike onto the bike rack after a short spin out with my wee fella...
    Mondraker Foxy XR 27.5-img_20170829_115919.jpg Let's see how Mondraker handle this..

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    did anyone managed to fit a coil shock to the foxy?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I got my second replacement rear triangle for my Foxy 2014, a few weeks ago. I assumed that the warranty had expired, but I gave a shot anyway, and alltricks.com provided a new rear triangle free of charge for the second time. There was some export problems, out of France, so it took quite a while.

I wouldn't be too concerned about getting a replacement for newer frames, as it seems that they are still great, with regards to warranty.

I had decided to go for the Foxy Carbon RR SL, but Mondraker didn't reply to questions regarding availability, so they lost me as a steady customer. Thus, I bought an Evil Calling frame instead. I was a little concerned about going down to 440mm reach, but it worked out very well. I never became speed demon anyway, I'm more interested in popping and hopping these days, and the Calling seems to suit me well.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678