mtbr member
    Feb 2018

Mom trying to install tires... HELP

How sad does that sound? Pretty pathetic if you ask me, but I'm at a loss on what to do, so I Googled my ?? and it led me to this site. So please be kind to me I only ask for your opinion on this subject. OK... My son owns a 26 inch "no name" brand bike from (dare I say it, Walmart) I'm a single mom what can I say. Anyway he needs new tires placed on it, ok no big deal. I look on the side of the tire it says 27.5 inch by 1.95 inch, ok easy enough. Yeah right!!! I couldn't find a 27.5 mt. bike tire if my life depended on it. All I could find were cruising tires, that cost over 20.00 each. So after hours online I finally located 2 tires that are 27.5 by 2.3 inch. So excited that I was even able to find a decent priced tire I snatched them up. After receiving them I noticed they look a little wider, oh shit! Is this going to even fit on his bike? Yes that is what I said out load as I stood over his bike on the garage floor. Its been their for 2 weeks now, and I feel really bad about it. So can someone, anyone please advise me on if I will be able to even use these tires on his bike. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. And please be kind, I know I may sound like a total dumbass but I'm really not. Thanks....

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    It would depend on the frame. But seeing that it's on 1.75" width tires currently, 2.3" might not be able to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    You already have the bike and the tires. Might as well try before returning them. At least take a tape measure and see if there's 2.3" (plus a little extra) where the tire fits into the frame and fork. Also, tubes, tire levers & pump if you don't have them as a bare minimum.

mtbr member
    Yeah, fit the tyres and see if they fit. Most frames are quite wide these days so there is a good chance they will.

The front tyre will almost certainly fit as most forks are wide enough to take a 2.3 tyre or more. At the back you might find the tyre is tight in the frame. By tight I don't mean that it touches the frame, just close to it is bad. It depends on the bike but I'd say you want at least four or five millimeters of clearance between the frame and the tyre or the tyre will rub the frame when the wheel flexes.

Fit the tyres and post a picture or two if you can? Can you fit them ok or do you need a few tips?

Any bike work, we'll keep you right :0)

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    What tyres are they? Most 2.3" tyres won't actually measure that large, probably somewhere between 2.1" and 2.2" when on a narrower rim. Fit them and find out.

Enthusiast
    Fit the rear tire first. That's usually the one that will give you trouble first when spacing gets tight.

mtbr member
    You can do this! Lots of youtube vid's on how to change a tire. Can get set of tire levers and a decent pump at Walmart for a few $$. Get a pump that has pressure gauge so you don't need to buy that too. A squirt bottle of windex or some soapy water will also help when pulling old tire off rim and putting new tire on. When tire is off rim, clean it and check for burrs or anything that could pierce tube. There should be 'rim tape' all around inner dia of rim covering spoke holes to protect tube. If not, a roll is fairly cheap at bike store. Check Park Tool website...they have lots of great info.
    07 Kona Dawg Supreme
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I never used a set of tyre levers. I used the back handle of two spoons or a fork. A bit of dish soap on the spoon backs will help too. You just need to make sure that all the air is out of the inner tube before you start to take the tyre off. but found this if it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zxHYJ0AtAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkPbGfZoZCY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill401 View Post
    I used the back handle of two spoons..
    Which can be a very effective way to bend spoons ;0)

mtbr member
    Also, if you are near an REI, go in and ask them for advice. They tend to be VERY helpful, for free.
    And KUDOS for being a good mom!

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Also, if you are near an REI, go in and ask them for advice. They tend to be VERY helpful, for free.
    And KUDOS for being a good mom!
    My FIL is retired and works in the bike shop at REI. He helps 2 or 3 people a day with this exact thing. He loves it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Le Duke; 02-04-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Or maybe someone could cross post to the NorCal forum and see if a member could help?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Which can be a very effective way to bend spoons ;0)
    Tell that to Uri Geller. Might save him a lot of psychic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    My FIL is retired and works in the bike shop at REI. He helps 2 or 3 people a date with this exact thing. He loves it.
    He sounds like a real Casanova.

mtbr member
    How about a local bike shop?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grubetown View Post
    How about a local bike shop?
    Super-mom wants to have a go herself, more power to her. You go girl... woman...

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    Or maybe someone could cross post to the NorCal forum and see if a member could help?
    did you really go there??

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    did you really go there??
    Really go where?

nvphatty
    Super-mom wants to have a go herself, more power to her. You go girl... woman...
    yup i applaud her efforts.

mtbr member
    I'm not discounting anyone's desires or super-mom abilities. She is obviously struggling and if she learns the proper way first, it will be more enjoyable for everyone involved.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by grubetown View Post
    I'm not discounting anyone's desires or super-mom abilities. She is obviously struggling and if she learns the proper way first, it will be more enjoyable for everyone involved.
    Exactly, an offer to help or advice on where to get help is not an act of condescension. It's merely being polite and helpful. Something a great many people were brought up to do.

mtbr member
    How old is your son...get him involved. Learning problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude is just as important as any other benefit the bike offers. "When I was I a kid" me and the neighborhood posse could change a bike tire lickity split.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I'm reading first message...

26" bike and 27.5" tires. I don't think that will work

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Something smells funny....search for "27.5 tire" and millions pop up, a bunch less than $20. And how many videos are there for tire changing?

Me thinks single mom is lonely or is an impostor.
    Bicycles don't have motors.

That Sleestak
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Me thinks single mom is lonely or is an impostor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    Is that German or Polish sausage?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    To everyone who responded to my plea for help... THANK YOU all SO much for your advice , comments and words of encouragement, they all go a long way, believe it or not. Let me mention that I live in a small town in N.Calf about 250 from Sacramento and unfortunately we don't have a REI in town. I guess they don't sell big enough guns their. LOL We have a sportsman's warehouse in town, but they don't sell bikes. But they sell ALOT of big guns. Someone suggested I go to a bike shop, that would be to costly for me, because Im a single mom and I can do it, I think I can, I think I can. If I keep telling myself that, it should be true. LOL
    No really this will be a breeze, if I can't figuar something out i will check utube, or jump back on this site for your help. Thanks again for your help... Have a great day!

mtbr member
    Lonely single moms deserve their own MTBR forum.
    Picard can moderate.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Why are you guys talking shit... I swear Im a single sngle mom with a son who has a disability, and all Im trying to do is change this freaking tire.,
    Last edited by nonono; 02-04-2018 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Missed spelled words

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nonono View Post
    Why are you guys talking shit... I swear Im a single sngle mom with a son who has a disability, and all Im trying to do is change this freaking tire.,
    Because guys have an almost unlimited ability to be asses. You just keep doing what you're doing and pay no attention to the fools.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairbanks007 View Post
    Because guys have an almost unlimited ability to be asses. You just keep doing what you're doing and pay no attention to the fools.
    Quite.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018

Good question

Quote Originally Posted by dreys View Post
    I'm reading first message...

26" bike and 27.5" tires. I don't think that will work
    When I bought the bike I was told it was a 26 inch bike, the tire # 1.95 is right off the tire itself. Im more than happy to post a, pic of his bike, so you can be assured that Im not trying to blow smoke up your ass. Believe me if I had the time to waste on posting stupid shit on a bike website like this, then I need to find a hobby. But seriously IDK what to say besides I was told its a 26 inch and the tire says 1.95. Why does that not add up?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    If that's all you really wanted then you would have gone here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqR6nlZNeU8 and not joined a forum so you could ask a question that has been answered a trillion times.
    Bicycles don't have motors.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Ignore the people talking shit. It didnít take long after joining the forum to figure out which ones to block and surprise, surprise here they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Always in the wrong gear
    When I bought the bike I was told it was a 26 inch bike, the tire # 1.95 is right off the tire itself. Im more than happy to post a, pic of his bike, so you can be assured that Im not trying to blow smoke up your ass. Believe me if I had the time to waste on posting stupid shit on a bike website like this, then I need to find a hobby. But seriously IDK what to say besides I was told its a 26 inch and the tire says 1.95. Why does that not add up?
    Easy now....sometimes people who eat, sleep and breathe a hobby forget that not everyone knows everything. His superiority complex and snark are pretty common to forum regulars, but not well received to new users.

the numbers are the dimensions of the tire. You may have been told it was a 26" bike, but 27.5x1.95 is pretty indisputable showing it's not a 26" bike

27.5 is the diameter of the rim. The 3 common sizes are 26, 27.5 and 29. if it doesn't match the current (installed and functioning) tire, then the rim is going to be either too big to too small. this has to match exactly. It's like the lid of a jar being too big or too small for the opening. non-negotiable.

the 1.95 is the width from edge to edge. the tire is "about" 2 inches wide. almost every bike (including Walmart bikes) will have room to spare between the frame tubes to handle a range of widths.

You should just try. get your kid involved, watch a youtube video on how to change a tube and tire, and give it a shot.
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

Bikesexual
    If you were not able to get it done, PM me, take it to a shop and I'll pay for it. What is it $20 bucks?
    just get a bike and ride!

nvphatty

nonono

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    Easy now....sometimes people who eat, sleep and breathe a hobby forget that not everyone knows everything. His superiority complex and snark are pretty common to forum regulars, but not well received to new users.

the numbers are the dimensions of the tire. You may have been told it was a 26" bike, but 27.5x1.95 is pretty indisputable showing it's not a 26" bike

27.5 is the diameter of the rim. The 3 common sizes are 26, 27.5 and 29. if it doesn't match the current (installed and functioning) tire, then the rim is going to be either too big to too small. this has to match exactly. It's like the lid of a jar being too big or too small for the opening. non-negotiable.

the 1.95 is the width from edge to edge. the tire is "about" 2 inches wide. almost every bike (including Walmart bikes) will have room to spare between the frame tubes to handle a range of widths.

You should just try. get your kid involved, watch a youtube video on how to change a tube and tire, and give it a shot.
    this post will go a long way in explaining what's what.

mtbr member
    Wow you must be really desperate.
    Ok you're a single mom but does that mean you're completely restricted in any real life interaction with other men? You don't have one male friend, not even a neighbour? When you go outside your cabin there's no male people to be seen anywhere?

Or do you live on a remote island where only women and children reside but the Internet still works...?

Because if you could find a man he would probably be able
    - to determine if new tires are actually what's needed in the first place (you probably need new tubes)
    - to read the tire size correctly and assess what tiresize is needed (you keep insisting that it's a 26" bike but equally say it reads 27.5" on the sidewall and thus bought 27.5 tires)
    - to mount the correct tires the correct way in a matter of few minutes
    - to educate himself on a very popular video site if he's not an expert himself (well no offense but you obviously can't)

Somebody help this woman!

Sneaker man
    hang on sec!
    You say your son's bike needs new tyres, fine... but why does it need new tyres, is is because they are worn out? Fine keep on going... or is it that the tyre/tyres are flat? As that's a whole other thing and probably just need new tubes.
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    I live in a small town in N.Calf about 250 from Sacramento
    Post in the NorCal subforum. I am sure there is someone who lives close enough to help out;

California - Norcal - Mtbr.com
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    I don't get it. Even if you're a "single mum" which you make sound as if it was some kind of disability itself - why don't you just go outside and ask the next man passing by to mount these damn tires? If you cannot do it yourself find someone that can!! Do I really have to point out the obvious here?

You said it's a small town, don't you know any other people or families that own bikes? Can't you use your phone and ask someone to come by and help you?
    Last edited by Steel Calf; 02-04-2018 at 10:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm a single father.........

mtbr member
    Really? What happened to the mother? Do you also struggle in life that much

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Seriously guys? Answer the questions and lend a helping hand or simply ignore the thread. Questioning someone's identity and or throwing out sexist comments left and right is not what this forum is all about. Clean it up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    I don't get it. Even if you're a "single mum" which you make sound as if it was some kind of disability itself - why don't you just go outside and ask the next man passing by to mount these damn tires?
    What is it with you guys? If you could answer every life problem without referring to the internet, why they feck are you here? Hypocrites. Help the woman or piss off.

I am really disappointed with the way a few of you have chosen to treat a new member. It it likely to make her feel welcome? Is it likely to make her want to stay?

nvphatty
    What is it with you guys? If you could answer every life problem without referring to the internet, why they feck are you here? Hypocrites. Help the woman or piss off.

I am really disappointed with the way a few of you have chosen to treat a new member. It it likely to make her feel welcome? Is it likely to make her want to stay?
    I don't get it either, copious amounts of judgement passed on her, fook no wonder members don't revisit.

mtbr member
    Some serious a**holes in this thread. Im a pretty sarcastic d-bag at times, but a few of you here really take the cake.

Keep on trying OP. Good on you for giving it a shot on your own accord!
    Last edited by R_Pierce; 02-05-2018 at 07:38 AM.

mtbr member
    What's so complicated to go outside and ask people in *real life* for help? Is the Internet the only way to socialize nowdays??

If I could install these tires over the internet I'd do it but I can't!

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    What's so complicated to go outside and ask people in *real life* for help? Is the Internet the only way to socialize nowdays??

If I could install these tires over the internet I'd do it but I can't!
    Sheís probably worried that the person she asks turns out to be a díbag like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkman999 View Post
    Sheís probably worried that the person she asks turns out to be a díbag like you.
    Well you're the one here calling me names what does that make you? I've helped dozens of women in my community but if you demand help over the internet without even providing any pictures while equally disregarding the ~1000 youtube videos describing the whole procedure it should be allowed to point out some common sense here without causing a turmoil.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Well you're the one here calling me names what does that make you? I've helped dozens of women in my community but if you demand help over the internet without even providing any pictures while equally disregarding the ~1000 youtube videos describing the whole procedure it should be allowed to point out some common sense here without causing a turmoil.
    I don't know what it makes him but at best you possess horrific communication skills and have strong ahole tendencies. How about rather than insult the OP and others you take a timeout and go look in the mirror?

To be honest it's like you are trying to emulate Rocket Raccoon from Guardians II.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    To be honest it's like you are trying to emulate Rocket Raccoon from Guardians II.
    HA! ya but at least watching the racoon is funny. I usually feel the same about SC and enjoy his snark, but on the chance the OP is ligit his shit is painfull here.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Seriously guys? Answer the questions and lend a helping hand or simply ignore the thread. Questioning someone's identity and or throwing out sexist comments left and right is not what this forum is all about. Clean it up.
    What about the foul language being used? Is that okay? Is that what the forum is all about, real question.

Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    What about the foul language being used? Is that okay? Is that what the forum is all about, real question.
    No. It's not but it's less of a problem than the sexist comments and general rudeness that has infected this thread. This forum is not a boys locker room or an episode of Madmen. That kind of behavior is more disturbing and won't be tolerated even from long time members.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    I fixed mine. I apologize. I guess that is the d-bag part in my coming out. Just a bit caught off guard by the responses here. No excuse though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    No. It's not but it's less of a problem than the sexist comments and general rudeness that has infected this thread. This forum is not a boys locker room or an episode of Madmen. That kind of behavior is more disturbing and won't be tolerated even from long time members.
    ha, I didnt realize you were justincasewages on IG. I follow you. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    I fixed mine. I apologize. I guess that is the d-bag part in my coming out. Just a bit caught off guard by the responses here. No excuse though.
    Thanks man. We all do it sometimes.

mtbr member
    I understand that some people are poor and struggle more in life than others but just in recent years the notorious use of the "single mum" moniker has become kind of a guarantee for even the dumbest requests to be processed. Again if you cannot do something by yourself no matter how easy it may look like in the eyes of others just go and have the courage to find someone for help.

I once met a women on the bike path walking her bike because the chain had fallen off the chainring yet she was too shy to ask someone for help. Before she could even grasp who I am the bike was running again and off I went. One has to say that only in the last 3 years or so women have become more concerned when men unsoliciting approach them in such a situation, probably due to recent events which got further amplified by the mass media. Maybe asking people for help could be a risky endeavor in the area you life and thus the decision trying to find a solution on the Internet (in vain, sighhh)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Holy crap!

I've seen a whole lot of dumb and just plain dickish things posted here over the years, and you just won the prize, hands down.

Unbelievable.
    Don't make any premature assessment here before having seen my other threads, they easily blow this out of the water!

nvphatty
    Don't make any premature assessment here before having seen my other threads, they easily blow this out of the water!
    you just can't help yourself can ya.....Thor dropped the BAN hammer on ya.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Good riddance.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

L1MEY
    Wow SC, are you a real life misogynist or do you just play one on the Internet? This is exactly why women don't feel welcome in male dominated sports or on forums like this one.

To the OP, if you lived closer I'd show you how to do all your bike maintenance. You can try this site for advice on maintenance, for women, by women: https://www.liv-cycling.com/us/campaigns/bike_diy

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Ride like a girl!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Racist, Islamophobe and now misogyne. Rubber calf, you are in for the full house.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Damn...!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yikes, how about helping the OP? Check out park tools for tires changing help. Or some U tube stuff. Make sure the tires are the right size? Check out the numbers on the side of them to see if they are for the same sized rim.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill401 View Post
    I never used a set of tyre levers. I used the back handle of two spoons or a fork. A bit of dish soap on the spoon backs will help too.
    Uhh, do you carry this stuff with you on the trail?

It seems most people have missed the actual question she asked (not everyone, the first five responders were paying attention): If 2.3 tires will fit on a bike that came with 1.9s. That's probably not an answer you can easily find on Youtube.

I agree that a lot of this thread's responses will just chase off any new members. But looks like the main problem has been taken care of.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

mtbr member
    Lol!!!!...do you happen to have calves made of steel?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I just hope he's not on a mobile. Otherwise some unsuspecting soul may get caught up in the IP ban that's about to go down.

Also, just as an FYI, ban dodging is a criminal offense in the US in certain states.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    i see what you did there.

mtbr member
    My local bike shop always is willing to help and doesnít charge for advice. I hope you could get your answers quickly and not have to endure this Internet forum silliness. If itís too expensive to get some info, the bike shop in your town it isnít going to last very long. I would encourage you to give them a chance.

mtbr member
    Wow you must be really desperate.
    Ok you're a single mom but does that mean you're completely restricted in any real life interaction with other men? You don't have one male friend, not even a neighbour? When you go outside your cabin there's no male people to be seen anywhere?

Or do you live on a remote island where only women and children reside but the Internet still works...?

Because if you could find a man he would probably be able
    - to determine if new tires are actually what's needed in the first place (you probably need new tubes)
    - to read the tire size correctly and assess what tiresize is needed (you keep insisting that it's a 26" bike but equally say it reads 27.5" on the sidewall and thus bought 27.5 tires)
    - to mount the correct tires the correct way in a matter of few minutes
    - to educate himself on a very popular video site if he's not an expert himself (well no offense but you obviously can't)

Somebody help this woman!
    You know calf, I mostly really enjoy your posts and you often have a lot to offer.

This one though is quite sexist and insulting. I rather expect more from you than this.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    If you were not able to get it done, PM me, take it to a shop and I'll pay for it. What is it $20 bucks?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jcd46 again.

I'm a little late but darn nice of you to offer.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jcd46 again.

I'm a little late but darn nice of you to offer.
    Thanks Chaz. I didn't go into it, but some posts stroke a nerve. If there is one thing I can't stand is judgemental people.

If you don't want to help, or think is bullshit, then move on and don't post anything.

That's why I stay away from the e-bike forum

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Thanks Chaz. I didn't go into it, but some posts stroke a nerve.
    oh boy if it weren't for getting the ban hammer like calfs of steel, i would mention a lill sumthin about having a nerve stroked in my younger days..LOL

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    nonono, , you say Northern Cal can you share what city?

Bikesexual
    oh boy if it weren't for getting the ban hammer like calfs of steel, i would mention a lill sumthin about having a nerve stroked in my younger days..LOL
    Lol!...post it in one of Picard's threads?

mtbr member
    Is your son getting in some serious trail time, or does he mostly ride around the neighborhood? I put cheaper urban tires on my boy's bikes, as they mostly ride street with occasional hard-pack clay trail time. My LBS was able to get the Geax Evolutions I wanted at cost only ($18 at the time) with no shipping, as it came in with their weekly order.

You can get tires shipped for free to Walmart stores:

Panaracer, 27.5x2.1 - $18.95 shipped (Walmart.com)

And you can get free shipping from many online store once you hit $50. Ex. Nashbar.com:

WTB Trail Boss TCS 27.5x2.25 = $19.99 x 2 = $39.98
    Add some water bottles, tire irons, seat pack, tire pump, inner tubes, whatever you son might get some good use of, you hit their $49 minimum for free shipping.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

nvphatty
    nonono perhaps never to return.

Cycologist
    nonono perhaps never to return.
    5 green chiclets with only 4 posts; I think she set a new record.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    5 green chiclets with only 4 posts; I think she set a new record.
    i sent her a cpl for the efforts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Lol "dozens" he says.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van Deventer View Post
    Lol "dozens" he says.
    if he comes off like he did in this thread he's fortunate enough to not be pushin up daisies..

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    if he comes off like he did in this thread he's fortunate enough to not be pushin up daisies..
    I'm picturing him talking to a woman from south Arkansas like that. Now that I've thought about it anyone have his contact info? I want to buy him a plane ticket. The YouTube views will net a healthy ROI.