Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Mojo HD 650 Build

Let the games begin! Still waiting on the wheels, BB, Stem and Bars
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD 650 Build-240034_4102909463306_204737568_o.jpg  

banned
    Feb 2012
    I'd call it a great start! I am building one, too; let's see who finishes his first. What fork do you plan to use?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I've got the 650b talas waiting for the stem to attach it with. What are you going with?

banned
    Feb 2012
    I have not decided yet if I want to run it as 140 or 160 so I went with a cheap Lyrik U-Turn as a temporary solution. When the XFusion 2013 models are out, I will be ready.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    The fox is pretty awesome. Some suspension purists get all twisted that it is not as infinitely tunable, me I just want to set it and forget it. Tires are a bigger issue,neos are all out I had to buy from Europe and they were 180 shipped.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Ouch! The Neo situation feels like bait and switch - they get you interested in 650b but when you finally need them, there are nowhere to be found! At least they last for a while, I have close to 1.1k miles on my front tire and it is still in a pretty OK shape.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeah I hear they are awesome. Nobby nic got great reviews from grams light bikes but as he told me they will be out in October? Also could be a mojo had clearance issue. I hope mojo builds a 650b rear triangle that we can swap out and limit the shock mods in 160 mode

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    It will be worth the wait! I put some miles on my recently 650b'd HD and like it a lot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Still waiting for the "keystone" shipment so I made some headway and did what I could..... Installed the fd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD 650 Build-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Got what seem to be one of the last pairs of neos in tonight. Ups says the keystone shipment is ais. Getting closer

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Smile

Shipment due in today feels like Christmas morning. Put rd on mixed in some yumeya parts from the 970 days. Turns out there is no difference between 10/9 SPd jockeys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Also worked out the shock travel mod as I am running in 160 mode. Started with 1/8 inch worth of fiber washers from Home Depot. I am worried that the fiber will swell but its worth giving it a shot. Mod was easy let the air out, grab can and twist to unscrew. Carefully draw can down shaft then pull washer and oring down as well. These will physically limit the shaft travel as opposed to the volume reduction kit that sits above the shaft and makes the piston action more progressive but not any less travel. Last steps are to carefully re tighten can and then some tape over possible rub areas. I'll check the bottom out before reinflating.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Those are some nice components. My build is simpler and I finished it last night and rode it this morning for the first time!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Awesome how was the ride? Ps I guess you won the build race damn you ups

banned
    Feb 2012
    Mostly very slippery. I rode out in fog after four days of rain. All the roots and rocks and wooden bridges were wet and slimey but I like the feeling and traction of the DW-Link suspection a lot. It made me grin.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Put in a whole bunch of work to the chagrin of my wife

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Enve makes excellent stuff

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Don't forget the necessary tools to run the wheels tubeless

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Weird how the special disc bolts are the same bit as deck screws

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Coming along not in love with the controlls set up thinking may have to go for the integration kit for the shifter set. Between the short brake levers and having to put the Ks control inside its a reach to keep the hands out wide. I'll take her for a ride and see soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Can't wait to swing a leg over her. Bottomed the shock without pressurizing clearance was perfect.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Wow that is a real nice build!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    deofour,

Can you post some pics of the rear tire clearence. I'm considering the same modification to 650B in the rear of my HD 160. I have already done the front. I'm running a Fox 36 Talas and love it.

Custom Wheelbuilder
    This is a gorgeous build. Bravo on the HD. Makes me want to get one and go 650b!
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

mtbr member
    Is that a Fox 34 Talas 27.5"?

mdc
    mtbr member
    Super nice build. What's the weight? I thinking of a VERY similar build and would like to keep it around 25 lbs.

Also how is the BB height?

mtbr member
    nice build and how it rides?

mtbr member
    yes, dooooo tell. the Mojo is a bike i would like to have someday!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Boys and girls took her for her maiden voyage and wow o wow. I feel as if this bike takes a third of the energy to ride then my 26. Climbs about the same as my Klein floats over the rocks and the bike descends like Felix baumgarter. Warp speed this thing is a dream. I've never ridden anything like it. We've all read magazine reviews and I always kind of felt like it was verbiage to fill copy. I always felt it was more rider skill than anything. Not anymore this bike will bring anyone's game up a level. I was so moved I called Ibis to thank them. I can't load pictures right now for some reason but I will keep trying. If I can stop riding this thing for a minute.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yes performs like a dream.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Clearance pics

Custom Wheelbuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by deofour View Post
    descends like Felix baumgarter.
    What a great way to describe a bicycle. Bravo sir.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    More clearance

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Underside

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks I'm in love. In fact when I got home my wife asked me how it went to which I responded I thought I loved my high school girlfriend until I met my wife.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Congrats! Yes, I agree with your assessment, this bike makes you a better rider. Since your frame is brand new and real nice, I would invest in some clear film frame protection if I were you. Mine is old and beaten - rides great, looks like crap but I love it like an ugly child.

mtbr member
    These clearance pictures look like there is little room for error. Have any of you had issues with mud or rocks getting caught between the frame/tire?
    The Truth will set you free.

....but it might offend you first!

mtbr member
    Amazing bike!

mtbr member
    I just finished building mine and will be taking it's maiden voyage this afternoon...

mtbr member
    whats the clearance with RR? 2.5 i assume. comparing to neo motos 2.3. how does it ride?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    cmarshack, what wheels are those?

mtbr member
    those look like chineese carbon ones. i am trying to convince myself that i dont need another pair of 650b wheels in carbon

banned
    Feb 2012
    Nice build cmarshack! I like the stealth look of those rims. Now go beat the shite out of them, we need some real QA test reports.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Spend the coin and get the enves. I did have a bit of bottom out on the seattube but nothing in the yolk of the rear triangle. I used some carbon paper I got from a friend and it set up well

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Here's one of the seat tube divot

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Finally got the pre maiden ride pic to load

mtbr member
    Seriously beautiful bikes guys, instant baller status.

Whats the weight down to on the final builds, either of you guys get it into the 25's?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    whats the clearance with RR? 2.5 i assume. comparing to neo motos 2.3. how does it ride?
    It a 2.25 and so far I an not impressed at all. It keeps springing leaks and it not holding air well. This may be the reason that the sidewall feels like paper and just rolls over when powering through a turn but I was trying to keep about 28 lbs in it and I think based on my first ride I am going to have to run closer to 35 to keep it from rolling. Traction was not great either for the loose over hardpack that we have here in So Cal. I will give it a couple more rides before I completely diss it but so far, no good. The Neo on the other hand was the easiest tire I have ever converted to tubeless and and the traction seems pretty good although I had no confidence in my rear tire so I did not rail it that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    those look like chineese carbon ones. i am trying to convince myself that i dont need another pair of 650b wheels in carbon
    Yup these are the Light Bicycle hoops!

Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Nice build cmarshack! I like the stealth look of those rims. Now go beat the shite out of them, we need some real QA test reports.
    So far these things are awesome! You can feel the stiffness from the first pedal and they increase the point and shoot characteristics of the HD.

Spend the coin and get the enves. I did have a bit of bottom out on the seattube but nothing in the yolk of the rear triangle. I used some carbon paper I got from a friend and it set up well
    The carbon protection tuned out great!

As for spending the coin on the ENVE's I will have to take a different position. I can buy 6 carbon hoops for the same price as one ENVE hoop. That's 12 for the price of two or 10 replacement hoops instead of just owning two enve's. I know folks who have been running the 29er versions of these for over a year and they have been holding out very well. To each his own and you definitely win in the bling category, but I went a different direction.

No one can argue that you have an awesome bike though!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    More Ibis 650 art that rides as good as it looks. Ibis is asking for input on what their next 5 frames should be - 650br's chime in on the Ibis forum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Idea!

Rode again yesterday at a park noted for its technical difficulty and drops. Man I was clearing stuff like it wasn't there. This setup is so confidence inspiring its unbelievable. 2.5 hours in the saddle and my legs and rear could go out again for a ride today. No way that happens riding my 26 with the same saddle. Another observation is the lowest feat combos work much better must be the extra traction. Dialing in the wheels 18-20psi seems to be the sweet spot and still working the shock at 150 psi for 170 lb rider wt worked really well but still used all the travel too often. This setup is amazing if you can convert to 650b do it now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This setup is so confidence inspiring its unbelievable. 2.5 hours in the saddle and my legs and rear could go out again for a ride today. No way that happens riding my 26 with the same saddle.
    Deofour, out of curiosity what were you riding before the Mojo? I'd like to know what you're comparing it to.

So far these things are awesome! You can feel the stiffness from the first pedal and they increase the point and shoot characteristics of the HD.
    Likewise cmarshack, what were you on before the Light Bicycle rims? What would you compare the stiffness to? Enlighten us as to the feel of carbon rims for those who've never had the chance to try them. As a point of reference, I've spent time on the 26" varieties of Crests, Flows, and CB Iodines.

www.derbyrims.com
    Here's one of the seat tube divot
    Nice bike!

Ibis has sanctioned only the HD140 for 650b use. The HD140 clears all 650b tires available now. No need for protection for the seat tube with the HD140.

Ibis does not sanction the HD160 with 650b wheel in back. The HD160 requires the shock to be shimmed at least 1/4 inch to avoid the tire hitting the seat tube and possibly breaking the frame, and the warranty is voided.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by derby View Post
    The HD160 requires the shock to be shimmed at least 1/4 inch to avoid the tire hitting the seat tube and possibly breaking the frame, and the warranty is voided.
    The bike IS amazing with full 160mm travel and 650b wheels!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I was riding an 05 Klein Palomino with Maverick F/R Factory Team Suspension, XTR Yumeya all the way around. Seat, Dropper Post and Pedals are same, otherwise the Mojo is new.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nice bike!

Ibis has sanctioned only the HD140 for 650b use. The HD140 clears all 650b tires available now. No need for protection for the seat tube with the HD140.

Ibis does not sanction the HD160 with 650b wheel in back. The HD160 requires the shock to be shimmed at least 1/4 inch to avoid the tire hitting the seat tube and possibly breaking the frame, and the warranty is voided.
    Thanks Derby for your help with the suspension shimming and setup, your posts were invalualble, and thanks for being the one I blame when my wife gets mad that all I want to do is ride now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I just finished plugging all of the part weights into my build spreadsheet and on paper we should be in the 28.4 lbs range, not too shabby

banned
    Feb 2012
    That's nice. I run mine with two coilers and not exactly lightweight wheels and it sits at 32lbs.

mtbr member
    These Ibises are absolutely beautiful, nice builds all ! The black and white with the enves might be the 650 build of the season....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    StiHacka - Are you running offset bearings? If not what's your thoughts on the raised BB height?

Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    The bike IS amazing with full 160mm travel and 650b wheels!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Offset shock bushings will reduce the tire seat tube clearance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    These Ibises are absolutely beautiful, nice builds all ! The black and white with the enves might be the 650 build of the season....
    Thanks Morpheus it rides better than it looks. Funny story though I had a guy almost eat sh!t going the opposite way the other day because he was too busy checking out my mojo

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by seleniak View Post
    StiHacka - Are you running offset bearings? If not what's your thoughts on the raised BB height?
    No, I am not running offset bearings. According to Mojo HD | Bikes | Ibis Cycles US, the HD's BB height is 13.8" static / 12" @ 30% sag. Mine sits at approx 14 3/8" static which should translate to a little over 12.5" with sag which is about perfect for me. I like them a little higher since my trails are littered with rocks, roots and I like riding in chunk.

Too Much Fun

Good job! Nice work!

I just finished plugging all of the part weights into my build spreadsheet and on paper we should be in the 28.4 lbs range, not too shabby
    I'm curious if it comes in below that on a real scale. For how much bling is involved there I thought it would hit just under 28lbs. I guess if you'd gone Float vs Talas maybe?

Regardless, sick build. Ride the ish out of that beauty!
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55 View Post
    I'm curious if it comes in below that on a real scale. For how much bling is involved there I thought it would hit just under 28lbs. I guess if you'd gone Float vs Talas maybe?

Regardless, sick build. Ride the ish out of that beauty!
    Thanks I will if this damn hurricane aptly named after my mother in law didn't f up all the local trails. Headed to Maine this weekend to put some miles on her.

I did try using my sons baby scale and it came in under 28 but I'm not sure if it was correct because no matter how still I held it it kept fluctuating. Anybody know the best way to weigh a bike?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Offset shock bushings will reduce the tire seat tube clearance.
    So for a 160 650b mode, we don't want the offset bushings then?
    We Ride In God's Country!

Custom Wheelbuilder
    Ahh some sick builds on here. The only thing I would add would be the CC DB air.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    So for a 160 650b mode, we don't want the offset bushings then?
    Offset bushings limit travel range of a 650b converted HD160 to the same limit for seat tube clearance as a 650b HD140 set up.

Offset bushings with a 650b converted HD160 require 1/2 inch of custom shims to reduce shock stroke bottom travel, and firmer spring resistance to match the reduced travel (... or 3/8th inch shock stroke reduction for 2nd generation HD frames having added seat tube clearance).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Offset bushings limit travel range of a 650b converted HD160 to the same limit for seat tube clearance as a 650b HD140 set up.

Offset bushings with a 650b converted HD160 require 1/2 inch of custom shims to reduce shock stroke bottom travel, and firmer spring resistance to match the reduced travel (... or 3/8th inch shock stroke reduction for 2nd generation HD frames having added seat tube clearance).
    So, we need offset bushings AND shock shimming?
    I'm liking what the reviews say on this 160mm 650b mod, but that would bring the BB height to Mt. Everest altitude for my short stature. Stock is already 13.8" What's the BB with 650b and say, 2.4 Neo's?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Cyclery View Post
    Ahh some sick builds on here. The only thing I would add would be the CC DB air.
    yes, plus another $400 to a $2500 frame, $2500 wheelset. $5400 and thats w/o drivetrain and cockpit parts. Yikes. Of course, you're a bike shop so sky's the limit...care to share some deep discounts. Nah, I agree though, it would be super sweet.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Stock is already 13.8" What's the BB with 650b and say, 2.4 Neo's?
    WITHOUT offset shock bushing, the HD160 650b conversion requires 1/4 inch shock shaft shims to limit bottom travel (.... or 1/8th inch shock shims for the 2nd generation HD frame having added seat tube clearance).

The BB height measures 14.25 inches unweighted, WITHOUT offset bushings for the HD160 with 650b Neo-moto 2.3 tires, and with 160mm travel fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I just realized I posted this elsewhere but here is the build list

Mojo Hd Med w/ stock 13 Fox RP23 shimmed 1/16" and Factory Down tube Guard
    13 Fox Talas 34 27.5
    Enve Composites AM 650b wheelset w/ Chris King Hubs 34h DT Bladed Spokes
    Pancetti Neo Moto 650b 2.3 tubeless
    Enve Composites Stem 75x5deg
    Enve Composites Riser Bar uncut
    Chris King InSet Mix Tapered Headset
    Chris King BB
    Xtr 980 3 Ring Crankset
    Xtr 980 Shifters F/R with Shimano Yumeya Hardware and Cables
    Xtr 980 10 Spd Casette
    Xtr 980 10 Spd Chain
    Xtr 981 Direct Mount FD with Shimano Yumeya Hardware
    Xtr 985 Pedals
    Xtr 985 Brakes F/R with Shimano Yumeya Hardware
    Xtr 986 RD with Shimano Yumeya Jockeys and Hardware
    KS Supernatural Seatpost 31.6 x 125mm travel with Shimano Yumeya Cable Housing
    Sella Italia SlR Flow Seat
    Pro Grips

mtbr member

Can't imagine any better

That build is stunning. Nicely done! Where did you find the Yumeya kit for current XTR?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks Johnny, The yumeya components is what is useable from the 970 line. I had a long conversation with one of the guys from shimano to determine what from the yumeya line would be an upgrade/ similar when on the 980 line. I used all the yumeya with my former build so I swapped a lot of stuff and then was able to piece together some of the bits from ebay and chainreaction. If you think it looks good you should ride one of these.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Is that a 650b on the left? Sure looks like a Fox 34 650b and I drew a line across and it is the middle size. It's Lopes on a Ripley on the right.

November 21st, 2012 | News | Info | Ibis Cycles US
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD 650 Build-_dsc4498aa.jpg  

Last edited by lml427; 11-24-2012 at 04:48 PM.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Good eye lml! <strike>It probably is a 650b HD, check out this picture of the same bike</strike> I think I was wrong there, the bike on the left in your picture is IMHO another Ripley.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So what the heck I just ordered a bit more bling for the Mojo, what a guilty pleasure building a bike is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD 650 Build-soc2011-2012-fox-float-ti-kashima-top-cap02-600x214.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    This is such a great build. I just went from stock wheelset on my reign to 650b Flox EX. Cannot wait to ride tomorrow. I already loved my Reign so I wonder how much I will love the 650b. I hope I have the same experience as you!

mtbr member

Rare find

So what the heck I just ordered a bit more bling for the Mojo, what a guilty pleasure building a bike is
    That Fox Kashima stem cap kit is nearly impossible to get. Where did you find that?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Had to go ebay uk. Honestly what is another $50 at this point

mtbr member
    You just need to do the gold titanium rotor bolts to finish it off. $50 for stem cap! I thought I was crazy paying $30 for the Enve cap/compression plug.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Johnny you are crazy and so am I. Good looking out on the rotor bolts just picked them up on amazon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Here is the fox cap installed boy that 1/100th of a gram difference really makes this bike faster

mtbr member

What is left?

Very nice. What's left? Maybe a switch out to Kappius hubs and swap to SiCCC carbon rotors when they are available.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Johnny I Fn like your style man, but where were you 6 days ago when Siccc was still in funding, I was so on board. I emailed them to see if I could get on the deal late, we'll see how it goes. I already spent more coin on the wheels than the frame cost so I think the Kappius hubs are not on the list. What else you got????

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    P.s. I'll see your Siccc rotors and raise your an AUDI E-BIKE WÖRTHERSEE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD 650 Build-audiebike.jpg  

Trail Murderer
    Aug 2011

wow... looks crazy

mtbr member

R8

That bike looks like a two wheeled Audi R8. I'll have to fold after that. All I have is this:

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Also worked out the shock travel mod as I am running in 160 mode. Started with 1/8 inch worth of fiber washers from Home Depot. I am worried that the fiber will swell but its worth giving it a shot. Mod was easy let the air out, grab can and twist to unscrew. Carefully draw can down shaft then pull washer and oring down as well. These will physically limit the shaft travel as opposed to the volume reduction kit that sits above the shaft and makes the piston action more progressive but not any less travel. Last steps are to carefully re tighten can and then some tape over possible rub areas. I'll check the bottom out before reinflating.
    update: just checked my fiber washers and they look as good as the day I put them in. I might add one more as I was able to get a slight scuffing when doing some 3-4 foot drops.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Cool shot I took tonight

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Here ya go Johnny good call!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Put a ton of thread lock on them so as to mitigate any seizing between the ti and aluminum. The more I look at the kappius hubs the more I thin about it. The kings are awesome but the k's are sooooo trick. Seems like they are looking to sell/ license the patent so who knows what the support would be like down the road. Not to mention if a big house picks them up they can sell them for 500 instead of 1k

mtbr member

$$$$

That makes the bike! and I bet you saved 10 grams to boot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So i finally found a drawback to this setup. Went for an awesome ride last weekend and was pushing a friend to try a few things he was previously not comfortable doing. So he cleared some stuff and was pumped so I decided to hit some bigger drops and tech. I am so impressed with how balanced and stable this feels in the air that it is pushing me to do stuff that my brain says no way to but once I've done it, it was cake. So the drawback is when the wife sees video and gets mad that I'm tring to kill myself.

I did add another fiber washer to the shock limiting shims as I launched off one drop and had some rear end contact. I alo put in the smallest volume reducing spacer to see how that feels next ride. Tech Tuesday - How to Install a Fox Float Air-Volume Spacer - Pinkbike

I also should mention that the ctd settings on the fox fork/shock really do make a difference. I have never really employed anything but a lock out before. Last ride I used the ctd and it got me up stuff ji hadn't made on the taller 650b. With a flick of a switch it becomes comparable to the Klein palomino climbing. The descend mode makes a huge difference in high speed chunky descents as the wide open fork just gobbles it up.

All in all I'm thinking the palomino and attitude may be on the chopping block because with the one or two times a week I can get out to ride there is no way they are going with me

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Bike of the future still with a RD? Not sure about that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I've had an occasional bad weather fail on th ks supernatural post where mud gets into the cable housing so I rebuilt it and Added a different end cap. Notice that the cable cap comes up through the mechanism to keep out the crud. So far so good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yes performs like a dream.
    What year may I ask? I'm running a 2012 HD with a 2012 Talas 36/160. The Talas is a piece of sh#t IMO and has no feel at all. Stiff with no low-speed compliance. I'm trying to figure out what the hell is wrong but it sounds like a design flaw.

Unpredictable
    Please do not see this as a personal challenge, but with all the detail, expense and love going into this bike, how do you feel about it being limited by tyre (tire) availability? Is it like having a beautiful girlfriend with smelly feet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Same 12/12 but my fork is a 34/160/ 650B. I have no idea if the internals are same. I'm loving it, lemon perhaps? what kind of pressure are you running, sag, rebound adjustments? Have you used the iphone app for setting it up?

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsTrance View Post
    What year may I ask? I'm running a 2012 HD with a 2012 Talas 36/160. The Talas is a piece of sh#t IMO and has no feel at all. Stiff with no low-speed compliance. I'm trying to figure out what the hell is wrong but it sounds like a design flaw.
    Try doing an oil change service on your fork.
    Every Fox fork I have has been shipped with very low oil levels.
    That includes the last one, a 2012 Fox 34 140mm Talas 29'er .
    But what can you expect when ONLY paying nearly a grand for a fork!
    2015 Ibis HD3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    2014 Niner Rip9 RDO
    2015 Niner WFO
    2014 Knolly Podium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0