Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    The White Jeff W

Marzocchi - Better late than never

SOC14: 2015 Marzocchi Early Looks ? 650B Carbon Forks, Espresso Coatings, Enduro Shocks & More!

Introduced as their enduro oriented fork, the 350 CR offers a 35mm stanchion chassis that tips the scale at just 4.2 pounds. The 650b fork is offered in tapered steerer only with a hollow forged crown, and a new arch that is wider and flatter for improved stiffness from the lowers. The arch also tapers to a point on the front of the lowers to improve the lateral rigidity while a 15mm QR holds it together.

Inside the 350 CR uses an air spring with travel set at 160mm but internally adjustable to 140 or 150mm. Damping is controlled through Marzocchi’s Dynamic Bleed cartridge which is a sealed damping system to ensure all the air can be removed from the oil before use. The CR offers adjustable compression and rebound, and the GRC coated stanchions. Retailing for $769, the fork will be available in the US in two weeks.

Marzocchi - Better late than never-soc14-2015-marzocchi-350-cr-crown-650b-fork1.jpg

Aimed at the cross country market, the 320 LCR Carbon carves out a new lightweight option with the new stanchion and seals as the rest of the line up. To be offered in 27.5 and 29″ forks, the 320 will eventually be sold in LCR, CR, and R versions with a one piece carbon monocoque steerer/crown assembly and redesigned lowers. To shave as much weight as possible, the lowers are carved out any place they can without sacrificing stiffness. LCR forks will also have a new one piece seal system to reduce weight which is expected to be around 1450g for the 29er, and 1425g for the 27.5 fork. Price is TBD with an expected delivery in January.

Marzocchi - Better late than never-soc14-2015-marzocchi-350-ncr-650b-fork1.jpg
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Id have been keen on that 650b enduro fork

but when my new bike turned up last year I sold my excellent RC3 Tis as they were 26 only and bought a Pike

theyve really missed the boat

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yeah, we are late to the party for sure but we are bringing some tried and true products. The Italians like to do their own thing and take their time to get it right. We will have the 350 CR shipping in the US as of next week. our first run we had in sold out in 2 weeks. the Espresso coated forks will be out by Interbike but some of the rear shocks are showing up now
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If they are a similar ride to the 55CR then they'll be on my shopping list.
    Also looking at a 29er 120 CR. Be better than what's out there in that segment of the market.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Espresso coatings? Really…had to be different…?

So many different colors of stanchions coming out and making a bike look "pieced together" instead of matching hardware if different mfg.'s products are used.

Espresso fork stanchions (bronzish)…..Kashima rear shock(dark gold) and your standard stanchion color for your dropper post(nickel color)

UGH!!!!! None of them will match…..?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    If they are a similar ride to the 55CR then they'll be on my shopping list.
    Also looking at a 29er 120 CR. Be better than what's out there in that segment of the market.
    The 350 CR is lighter than the 55 series by quite a lot. new lowers and crown for it. the actual ride quality is similar to the 55CR (the 350 CR uses an almost identical cartridge).

The 320 series forks are pretty rad also, I can't wait to get one myself for my Turner Czar. They come stock at 100mm but we do the travel adjustment bump to 120 or down to 80mm here in house when it is ordered by the shop. I personally am not a user of longer travel 29r, stuff. as the travel goes longer, I go smaller with the wheels but that is just my personal preference.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    LOL! yeah.. pretty much. There is a reason for the color, it isn't just cosmetic, the coating color comes from the silicone-molybdenum process, we did tweak it a little with the coloring but it is a naturally dark finish. For 2015 we are only offering 2 colors: the high-end stuff will all be Espresso (including the dropper post which is in development now) and the mid range will all be a more neutral stanchion color. DJ forks will all be Cromo-steel stanchions.

but yes.. the look of mis-matched parts doesn't look right, one reason for the standardization of colors for us for 2015. Cohesiveness
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Thank you for the updates. I got an early run Diamondback Mission 2 and the stock Fox Forks are horrid. I will definitely be upgrading. Leaning towards the Manitou Mattoc, but patiently waiting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Very welcome Zac, We will have the 350 CR in stock as of Monday next week, pester your shop to get one or at least cal us for info on it.

thanks!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I'm always rooting for Marzocchi. It would be cool to see them get more market share.

mtbr member
    Absolutely! Long time fan!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Awesome!! Thanks guys! I'm stoked to be back here working for a company I love. I worked here in 02, 03 but left for a while do my own thing but I'm happy to be back. Hopefully I can help make a difference.

Cheers!

David
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've surfed the web but did not find what I was looking for. Seeing how Marz USA is active in this thread I was hoping for a reply.

Any stock of internal parts for 350 fork
    Will tech manuals be provided on tear down and maintenance
    Will shims be available to adjust HSC to customer

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wfo922 View Post
    I've surfed the web but did not find what I was looking for. Seeing how Marz USA is active in this thread I was hoping for a reply.

Any stock of internal parts for 350 fork
    Will tech manuals be provided on tear down and maintenance
    Will shims be available to adjust HSC to customer

Thanks

We will have all of the internals including shims and manuals just after the forks are launched this September for sure. Our tech guys will always be available also to help with anything.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Anything with 100-120mm of travel in the future?

Chris.

bump and grind
    I didnt like the fox 34 (2013), a bit ambivalent about the lack of small bump compliance of my Xfusion sweep (but like the control). So far nothing has touched the 55 RC3Ti for me. (Havent ridden the 55CR though). So if the new Zoke rides anything like the RC3Ti, Im on it!
    Also interested in that dropper post thing! (boy, reaaaalllly late!)
    SCB Nomad, SCB 5010v2, Turner RFX, Voodoo D-jab 650B, Voodoo Wazoo CX/commuter
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post

Chris.
    yep, in the 320 platform. They should be shipping by October also.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cobym2 View Post
    I didnt like the fox 34 (2013), a bit ambivalent about the lack of small bump compliance of my Xfusion sweep (but like the control). So far nothing has touched the 55 RC3Ti for me. (Havent ridden the 55CR though). So if the new Zoke rides anything like the RC3Ti, Im on it!
    Also interested in that dropper post thing! (boy, reaaaalllly late!)

Nice to hear! The NCR model will for sure have that small bump sensitivity. the CR models have it too but not to the same extent as the C2R2 models by nature of the complex shimmed cartridges.

The post is in the works now and yes, very late :-/
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    I'm always rooting for Marzocchi. It would be cool to see them get more market share.

Thanks!!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Would be ace to hear some direct comparisons - getting a fork myself and would love a marzocchi! Any changes to your 3 year no maintenance warranty?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    head-to-head shoot outs would be cool, I'd like to see them myself. I think having average riders, not magazines do these are best as magazines are always (or so they all seem) to be skewed by advertising dollars.

Our warranty is 2-year now. the 3-year warranty stopped in 2011. Everything needs maintenance so don't just ride, you gotta take care of it! like a car, you don't drive it without changing it's oil.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I know this has nothing to do with this fork but im a Zokes fan. I still run a Bomber Atomb Bomb on my mid 90's FSR. 70mm of travel and still rides like a dream. Zokes are made to last. ok thread jack over! lol
    2014 27.5" SC Blur TRa - 2014 IP-106 Chiner 29er - 2005 Fuji Team SL 16.2lbs -

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cool. Any word on the release of the NCR and dropper post? (uk)

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yes, just took a look at the 350 CR, might fit the bill as an upgrade to the Factory 34 Talas CTD. Travel adjust is not a deal breaker, so right now looking at the Pike and the 2015 Fox 36 Talas, and perhaps the Manitou Mattoc.

My old 2010 Talas 36 RC2 puts the 2014 Talas 34 CTD with Trail Adjust to shame in overall feel. The only area where the 34 has been a pleasant surprise is that I don't notice any difference in stiffness between the 2010 36 and the 2014 34.

If Marzocchi is back in the game it would add another viable option. Will the 350 CR compete head to head with the Pike RCT3 or the 2015 Talas RC2 or the Mattoc Pro or is the real comparison the 350 NCR. What are the differences between the 350 CR and 350 NCR

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I just picked up a 350 CR and took it for an initial ride yesterday. Initial impressions are very, very good - sits high in its travel, HSC tune seems great, and stiffness is pretty amazing (likely due to the 35mm stanchions and HUGE arch). Small bump sensitivity isn't quite there yet, though the fork will likely improve substantially as it breaks in.

Marzocchi - why do you say that the NCR will have better small bump sensitivity than the CR? Is it a consequence of the different stanchion coatings? From what I have read, the cartridges are very similar between the NCR and CR, with the exception of the NCR having a lockout feature and internally adjustable high speed rebound. I called Marzocchi USA, and the tech guy I spoke to wasn't able to tell me much of anything about the fork.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    I just picked up a 350 CR and took it for an initial ride yesterday. Initial impressions are very, very good ...
    Very good to hear. What fork were you riding previously and how does it compare.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    @babyz.. there is a big difference between the NcR cartridge and the CR. the NcR system is based on the 380 C2R2 but has been tuned for more trail sensitivity. The low-speed (frequency) compression is tuned to feel pedal input and provide a stable platform when the lockout is not being used as well as being fully adjustable via shims (like the 380). Plus the high speed rebound adjustability internally, the SKF seals, the Espresso coating and the option of a Ti coil (which will further increase small bump compliance).

DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Without sounding bias to our forks I have to say the 350 series, specifically the CR is in the same league as the 34 Float (which IMHO) is the current benchmark of trail/enduro forks (next to ours of course). In a fork to fork comparison the 350 CR comes out more supple, more active, more adjustable, much stiffer and approximately the same weight.

I can't compare any of our forks to a TALAS product because of the TALAS feature (which I personally like and have used in the past) but I have also heard of lots of issues with the TALAS system (I never experienced any when I had one. Full disclosure I rode Fox for the 8-years I was between positions here at Zoke, I worked here in the early 2000's and left and rode Fox that whole time. I had a 2010 36 TALAS and a 2012 34 TALAS, a 36 Float, and a 2013 TALAS 34 CTD. I haven't let a SRAM product touch any of my bikes in the last 10 years so I can't speak to any of their products on a personal-use level only what I hear).

I have heard good things about the Pike but I also hear lots of really bad things about it. I think the bad things I hear are from OEM models where the good generally comes from people who buy them aftermarket. I personally think the real comparison will come from the CR against the Float or TALAS products and the NcR against the Pike RCT3. Though I am beginning to hear stories about sever stiction issues with the Pike (but every fork will experience that when brand new).

That said, the CR won't disappoint but the NcR will just change everyone's game, provided you are not too concerned about the on the fly travel adjustments.

DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post

Chris.
    yes. 3 models in the 320 platform. all stock at 100mm and adjustable to 120.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi_USA View Post
    Without sounding bias to our forks I have to say the 350 series, specifically the CR is in the same league as the 34 Float (which IMHO) is the current benchmark of trail/enduro forks (next to ours of course). In a fork to fork comparison the 350 CR comes out more supple, more active, more adjustable, much stiffer and approximately the same weight ...
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. The biggest issue with the 34 line is the lack of high/low compression adjustment. The older 36's had the RC2 as does the 2015 model.

Does the 350 CR have a substantial adjustment range on the LSC or is it limited like the Fox CTD with open, then three trail settings?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hmm...any indication of what the price difference will end up being between the CR and NCR?
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    @babyz.. there is a big difference between the NcR cartridge and the CR. the NcR system is based on the 380 C2R2 but has been tuned for more trail sensitivity. The low-speed (frequency) compression is tuned to feel pedal input and provide a stable platform when the lockout is not being used as well as being fully adjustable via shims (like the 380). Plus the high speed rebound adjustability internally, the SKF seals, the Espresso coating and the option of a Ti coil (which will further increase small bump compliance).

DM
    this makes sense, but I'm still struggling to really understand the performance benefits of the NCR over the CR. Out of the box, is there just a difference in the LSC sophistication? I guess the most intelligible comparison would be to the Pike...what makes the Pike a better comparison for the 350 NCR, whereas the 34 Float is a better comparison for the CR? The 34 Float is (presumably) becoming obsolete among aggressive riders with the 36 now introduced, so did I just purchase a new 350 CR that is already behind the curve of the latest offerings from Fox and RockShox?

Additionally, I am assuming the SKF seals will fit the 350 CR as an upgrade?
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    this makes sense, but I'm still struggling to really understand the performance benefits of the NCR over the CR. Out of the box, is there just a difference in the LSC sophistication? I guess the most intelligible comparison would be to the Pike...what makes the Pike a better comparison for the 350 NCR, whereas the 34 Float is a better comparison for the CR? The 34 Float is (presumably) becoming obsolete among aggressive riders with the 36 now introduced, so did I just purchase a new 350 CR that is already behind the curve of the latest offerings from Fox and RockShox?

Good questions: I am a little later to the upgrade cycle then you so I am still looking at all the options.

Yes, the Float should provide slightly better performance as compared to a similar level Talas, but not night and day better. My experience with the current 34 Talas is okay but not singing it's praise by any means. Compare that to the 2010 36 Talas RC2 and the old 2010 easily was a better fork. The new 2015 Talas 36 RC2 is supposed to be an improvement again over the older RC2 models and according to some an improvement over the much heralded Pike RCT3.

Perhaps the comparison is between the 350 CR and the Pike RC and the 350 NCR to the Pike RCT3, which still presumably would leave the new Fox 36 RC2 up top. Yes there are other mftrs like Manitou, MRP, BOS, DVO that are making quality products, some at approx the same price range and others for way more $$$.

So where does the 350 CR truly sit among the current offerings. Hopefully above the Fox 34 series with CTD!!!
    Last edited by rideitall; 08-07-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: DVD to DVO (dub)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Does Zoke plan to do a 20mm thru axel or are they staying with the 15mm? I do not understand the whole 15mm, why not stay with the 20mm and get the added stiffness from it?? To me it is just a money marketing scheme ...... I really want the 350NcR Ti but considering that the bike I have has the option to run a 26" @ 150x12 rear end or 27.5 142x12 rear end, and the other two bikes I have both run the 20mm front and 150x12 rear end... Well three different wheel sets that could be interchangeable would be nice. I don't care about a lock-out on a fork that is something I would rarely if ever use, but a 20mm over a 15mm thru axel fork will possibly be a big deciding factor for me. I know that the 2015 Fox line up has adapters to run either the 15mm or 20mm and Boss Deville is a 20mm. I believe the rest are 15mm; DVO, Marzocchi, X Fusion , and Manitou in the 150/160mm travel are all 15mm thru axel. Does anyone know what other 20mm fork options there are?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I hear ya about the 15mm. I don't mind it at all myself. There is a stiffness difference going from 20 to 15 that is noticeable but I don't think it is anything that is really marketing driven. If it was there would be more hype behind it. the idea is that the 15mm is lighter and ALMOST as stiff as a 20mm and the QR system that Shimano developed for it is lighter and easier to use..basically an evolution of the standard 9mm QR and the concept is 100% consumer driven (think least common denominator consumer, not the highest end users). That said the 15mm isn't going anywhere and I am sure the 20mm won't either but it will stay with the longer travel and more gravity oriented products out there.
    We offer the 55 series platform with 20mm but they are 26" wheel only. I haven't seen any plans for a 20mm version of the 350 at all but I can't speak to the future as I am not one of the engineers here. I don't have any experience with the adapter systems in the Fox and BOS forks but I would imagine they are OK. I have made step down adapters to go from 20mm to 15mm in other forks using a lathe and had some success, though the axles would wallow and loosen after a while (this could have been due to any number of factors).

so long story short.. no 20mm 650b single crown for us any time soon. If I was you and really wanted a 650b wheel, single crown fork with a 20mm I'd look to the Fox stuff, if you are going to stick with 26" wheels, please look into our 55 platform, they are solid and super reliable (but 26" only).

DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ha, I think that was an alcohol induced rant about the thru axel. I think at the end of the day I will go with the NCR when it comes out, MY PERSONAL experience with Marzocchi over Fox has been much better, from customer service and warranty to performance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! that made my Monday!!

thanks! we are for sure trying to get back that once known service quality. our products for sure are back on par where they used to be and that makes me a happy camper!

Cheers!
    DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just purchased a 350 cr great fork . Did not get any shims though. Can you purchase them? Do you know the cost to lower the fork to 150mm thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just purchased a 350 cr great fork . Did not get any shims though. Can you purchase them? Do you know the cost to lower the fork to 150mm thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yo. The x fusion HLR Metric is 20mm thru axle for 650b and 26" and supposedly destroys the fox 36's and is far more hardcore than the pike. Plus reliability is meant to be on par with Marzocchi stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegnarlycenturion View Post
    Yo. The x fusion HLR Metric is 20mm thru axle for 650b and 26" and supposedly destroys the fox 36's and is far more hardcore than the pike. Plus reliability is meant to be on par with Marzocchi stuff.
    Yo gman, where have you heard or read about the performance and reliability of the Metric?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    this thread isn't about x fusion. That said, I'm curious about it nonetheless. We (Marzocchi) tend to do what we want (it's an Italian thing) as opposed to making something "for the masses." A one fork to rule them all mentality isn't what Marzocchi is about, but more a fork for every wheel in every discipline and these days it is less about wheel size and more about discipline i.e. XC specific, dh specific "enduro" specific.. etc.. By following the sport trends as opposed to the market trends we won't always please everyone, but we will be able to make a sport-specific, targeted product that is perfect for those individuals within each given segemnt.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Bottlerocketl, contact tech here, we can send one out, it should have come with it. The service to change the travel is (I think) $35-$45 plus shipping. Don't quote me though, I'm not in tech.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    the metric isn't really in the same class as the 350 CR. xfusion designed it as more of an aggro fork that transcends into the "freeride" realm a bit more than the 350 - it has burly guards for the lowers, 36mm stanchions, and weighs 5+ lbs. It is also available with up to 180mm of travel - I hear its a great fork, but its more fair to compare the Sweep (sounds like they've been working on a version with more sophisticated damping) to the 350.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    this thread isn't about x fusion. That said, I'm curious about it nonetheless. We (Marzocchi) tend to do what we want (it's an Italian thing) as opposed to making something "for the masses." A one fork to rule them all mentality isn't what Marzocchi is about, but more a fork for every wheel in every discipline and these days it is less about wheel size and more about discipline i.e. XC specific, dh specific "enduro" specific.. etc.. By following the sport trends as opposed to the market trends we won't always please everyone, but we will be able to make a sport-specific, targeted product that is perfect for those individuals within each given segemnt.
    since it is a thread in the 650b forum on a consumer site people will offer opinions relating to all brands. I don't like 15mm qr and i like the option of the metric for a hardcore 650b fork. i've had good luck with xfusion, their stuff is reliable and their dampening beats fox and rockshox easily imo. marz stuff has been good but i agree it would be nice to see some internal drawings of the 350 to know about servicing them

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    so long story short.. no 20mm 650b single crown for us any time soon. If I was you and really wanted a 650b wheel, single crown fork with a 20mm I'd look to the Fox stuff,
    I'm dumbfounded that it took so long for any manufacturer to include reducers to convert between the 15mm and 20mm like Fox just did. It was hello obvious 5 years ago and now it's nearly 2015 and we finally see someone do it. Wheel manufacturers figured it out a while ago. Not really trying to be negative but I hope your company and others copy the idea even if it requires raising the price of the fork slightly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    I'm dumbfounded that it took so long for any manufacturer to include reducers to convert between the 15mm and 20mm like Fox just did. It was hello obvious 5 years ago and now it's nearly 2015 and we finally see someone do it. Wheel manufacturers figured it out a while ago. Not really trying to be negative but I hope your company and others copy the idea even if it requires raising the price of the fork slightly.
    +1.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    no worries, I honestly spaced it was a 650 forum, I was more thinking the name of the thread, it's all good and I am not one to get uppity about things like that anyway. I have been hearing more and more about X Fusion products though and that is a good thing IMHO. I have been watching them for years as they developed from the bastard step-child of Fox to what they are now. do you (or anyone) know if Joel Smith is still at the helm there? Joel is good people for sure.

I am for sure impressed with the multi-axle option. I'd like to see it in practice though as too many moving parts can be a bad thing. In theory it sounds awesome.

As far as internal drawings for the 350.. we are launching a dealer services site this fall that will have every bit of information on it anyone can ask for. About time for that for sure too!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    Because it's a lot cheaper and simpler to have convertible hubs. And who uses OEM wheels these days.

mtbr member
    this thread isn't about x fusion.
    My point indeed! I may be reading between the lines, but his low post count, the context of the post, and recent join date make me question his motives. Then again, he may just be sharing the love in his own way - and the world certainly needs more shared love

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck View Post
    My point indeed! I may be reading between the lines, but his low post count, the context of the post, and recent join date make me question his motives. Then again, he may just be sharing the love in his own way - and the world certainly needs more shared love
    but the marzocchi guy touting a marzocchi is ok????? where has anyone heard about the reliability of the 350? it has only just come out? jesus, wtf is the matter with people talking brands.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    pretty much all hubs are convertible these days but I think the valid point of that idea is not everyone wants to use a 15mm axle and I can stand behind that. I do notice a difference between a 15mm and a 20mm but that can depend on the wheel I am running also. I have a set of Crank Bros Iodine 3 with a 15mm on my 160mm travel bike with a 350 NcR prototype fork now and I don't notice any deflection or loss in stiffness in it vrs a 20mm on my 26" wheel bike with a 55 CR. Though it isn't an apples to apples comparison as I can't put a 20mm on the NcR to find out but I haven't felt the need to have a 20mm on it. That said, my DH bike has a 20mm and 26" wheels on it.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It's all good Qbert2000. I know the 350 has yet to be proven to the public and I can go on about how it has been used by world enduro racers for about 2 years now and blah blah marketing speak all day long but I won't because I believe in transparency. Yes, I am here to help market our brand but my "marketing" here on MTBR is limited to helping by answering any questions I can and only offering education on new or existing products. I am not interested in trying to sell anyone on anything except going out and riding their bike, no matter what is on it. I would be doing a disservice to my brand by not talking it up and wanting more riders to use what we have but I am not going to convince anyone to do anything other than spend more time on their bike and if given the opportunity, please look into what we have, especially for 2014 and 2015 as the new stuff is for sure worth the nod.

DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hmm...any indication of what the price difference will end up being between the CR and NCR?
    Finally have prices!

The NcR Ti is going to run $1199.00
    The NcR (non Ti) is going to run $959.00
    The 2014 model CR is $769.00
    BUT the 2015 model CR will be $679.00 because we changed the stanchion coating treatment. the 2014 uses the Gold Race Coating while the 2015 is a natural anodize process (like the Fox Evolution series)
    and the 350 R model will run $479.00
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    the LSC on the CR uses 16-18 (I forget how many exactly) clicks, it is pretty adjustable for sure.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

It is hard for me to talk to the differences between the CR and the Pike as I have only hearsay experience with it directly but I have ridden just about all of Fox's offerings. I am just not a fan personally of SRAM products, that has nothing to do with me at a Marzocchi employee, just that I like Shimano and my forks have always been either Zoke or Fox. The one Boxxer I had in 2005 needed so much modifications to it that it wasn't a Boxxer when I was done with it.

The NcR cartridge is night and day different from the CR cartridge, just a totally different thing, like comparing an apple to a banana. Both are awesome and get the job done for different things., they are just that however; different. In my use of each of them the NcR is slightly more sensitive and it does have a built in LSC platform to it that helps it sense pedal input where the CR does not have this.

I would say the CR is like a "35 float" but with a highly adjustable compression and a great range for the rebound.

Yes, the 35mm SKF seals will work and the CR platform can be upgraded to a NcR cartridge down the road, the form factor is identical.

DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall View Post
    Good questions: I am a little later to the upgrade cycle then you so I am still looking at all the options.

Yes, the Float should provide slightly better performance as compared to a similar level Talas, but not night and day better. My experience with the current 34 Talas is okay but not singing it's praise by any means. Compare that to the 2010 36 Talas RC2 and the old 2010 easily was a better fork. The new 2015 Talas 36 RC2 is supposed to be an improvement again over the older RC2 models and according to some an improvement over the much heralded Pike RCT3.

Perhaps the comparison is between the 350 CR and the Pike RC and the 350 NCR to the Pike RCT3, which still presumably would leave the new Fox 36 RC2 up top. Yes there are other mftrs like Manitou, MRP, BOS, DVO that are making quality products, some at approx the same price range and others for way more $$$.

So where does the 350 CR truly sit among the current offerings. Hopefully above the Fox 34 series with CTD!!!
    Easily above in terms of durability, action and adjustability. I use the 34 Float as an example because it is all air, similar in form factor (though smaller), is pretty widely known and used and I have personal, riding experience with it so I can speak to it vrs the Zoke forks I have ridden too.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocketluv View Post
    Did you get hold of the tech or sales dept at Zoke for that spacer?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    So you're judging SRAM products based off of a 9 year old fork? I assume you've forgotten what a sh1t show marzoccchi was when they first moved production and that was much more recent. I'm not hearing too many complaints about XX1 or Pike forks. I'm not a fan of their brakes mind you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    So you're judging SRAM products based off of a 9 year old fork? I assume you've forgotten what a sh1t show marzoccchi was when they first moved production and that was much more recent. I'm not hearing too many complaints about XX1 or Pike forks. I'm not a fan of their brakes mind you.
    no no no.. you read me all wrong. it is a personal choice. I personally won't use their products as a master level bike mechanic (over 25 years working on bikes professionally) and as a retired WC level racer (57th ranked a long time back). I have love for John, Duncan and especially HB, (HB bought me my very first beer back in 1990 and helped cement me in this sport), I just don't care for their products in general. As I said, I am a Shimano guy and I always thought that you shouldn't mix competing products like a bike with Shimano drive-train shouldn't use SRAM forks because SRAM makes competing drive-trains. Continuity makes me happy. I do agree with you, I don't hear too many complaints about new Rock Shox products and I am not here to bash any other company, nor will I.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten about the Zoke S*** show, I never will. That is one reason I work here again, to help fix those issues.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    no no no.. you read me all wrong. it is a personal choice. I personally won't use their products as a master level bike mechanic (over 25 years working on bikes professionally) and as a retired WC level racer (57th ranked a long time back). I have love for John, Duncan and especially HB, (HB bought me my very first beer back in 1990 and helped cement me in this sport), I just don't care for their products in general. As I said, I am a Shimano guy and I always thought that you shouldn't mix competing products like a bike with Shimano drive-train shouldn't use SRAM forks because SRAM makes competing drive-trains. Continuity makes me happy. I do agree with you, I don't hear too many complaints about new Rock Shox products and I am not here to bash any other company, nor will I.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten about the Zoke S*** show, I never will. That is one reason I work here again, to help fix those issues.
    that sounds disingenuous at best. saying it is a personal choice butfollowing it up that you are a 25 year master mechanic makes it sound like it is a professional opinion not a personal one. stop putting your foot in your mouth and just comment on your own stuff and let others voice their opinions about your competitors. marzocchi has had its share of issues and people are only bringing them up after your ham fisted attempts at being "impartial"

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedy T View Post
    Hey, DM, whatever happened to Tom?
    Tom? Tom Rogers I assume? He is over at DVO now.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    that sounds disingenuous at best. saying it is a personal choice butfollowing it up that you are a 25 year master mechanic makes it sound like it is a professional opinion not a personal one. stop putting your foot in your mouth and just comment on your own stuff and let others voice their opinions about your competitors. marzocchi has had its share of issues and people are only bringing them up after your ham fisted attempts at being "impartial"
    I am terribly sorry I offended you.

Everyone is entitled to their own personal and professional opinions. I am not here to comment on other products as I have already stated, I am here to help educate and answer questions about Marzocchi stuff. I was simply talking about why I have no personal experience with anything SRAM so I can not offer a real world comparison of Marzocchi products vrs SRAM products. I am not here to defend anything Marzocchi did in the past and I have already recognized we have had some serious issues from around 2007 to around 2012-ish. Those were growing pain years for sure and it was during that time I rode Fox products myself.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Finally have prices!

The NcR Ti is going to run $1199.00
    The NcR (non Ti) is going to run $959.00
    Does this mean that NcR version will feature coil spring, since Ti was used to categorize the 380 and 55RC3 as a coil sprung fork. As a big Zocchi fan and future customer, would appreciate the clarification. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It will be air, but have a negative coil spring! The cr/ncr differences are damper based. The Ncr/Ncr ti are the material of the coil to save a few grams. Whens the ruddy release date for the NCR though - bike is finishing being built and would like to get one, but cant if it's out! Also, the dropper.. tell us more!! (please?) =]

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedy T View Post
    Tom gave me a one off proto 66 when Zoke was developing the 55, since it was coming in for service once a month. I really wish I had not sold that fork!
    cool! yeah it's a shame, it may have been a cool piece of history!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy101 View Post
    Does this mean that NcR version will feature coil spring, since Ti was used to categorize the 380 and 55RC3 as a coil sprung fork. As a big Zocchi fan and future customer, would appreciate the clarification. Thanks
    Yes, the NcR Ti will have a Ti coil in it where the CR and NCR air are just that, air with a coil negative spring, yes. The only designation for the 350 series to tell the difference between if it has a coil or not is the Ti model, it is the only one with a coil in it as the main spring, all others are air.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It will be air, but have a negative coil spring! The cr/ncr differences are damper based. The Ncr/Ncr ti are the material of the coil to save a few grams. Whens the ruddy release date for the NCR though - bike is finishing being built and would like to get one, but cant if it's out! Also, the dropper.. tell us more!! (please?) =]
    release date for the 2015 350 series is early September (Interbike) we will have them shipping by then here in the US. Bug your shop to get a pre-order in now.

as far as the post... I have seen renderings of it. I can say no more though. ;-)
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Yes, the NcR Ti will have a Ti coil in it where the CR and NCR air are just that, air with a coil negative spring, yes. The only designation for the 350 series to tell the difference between if it has a coil or not is the Ti model, it is the only one with a coil in it as the main spring, all others are air.
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Coil sprung forks get me really excited since there are not many of them produced these days, and I like the linear nature of them. Hope this brand will be able to recapture its market share and be the leader it once was.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Some advice for anyone with a 350 CR looking to drop the lowers:

I dropped the lowers last night to regrease seals and address some stickiness. The rebound knob is indeed a pain to take off, and you'll likely need a set of needle nose pliers to yank it off. One that's off, foot nuts are easy to remove and the lowers slide right off without any coaxing from a rubber mallet.

There are small o-rings recessed into each foot nut - DON'T LOSE THEM when you remove the foot nuts as one of mine was stuck to the lowers and tried to escape under my dryer.

Two things I noticed: 1) The damper side had hardly any oil (both sides require 20-25cc of 7.5wt Golden Spectro) and 2) the seals were dramatically under-greased.

I packed the seals with slick honey, popped the lowers back on, shot 25cc of 7.5wt into each leg, and reinstalled the foot nuts. The fork feels much smoother and eager to move into its stroke - it's a simple process and absolutely worth doing if you notice stickiness when you first receive the fork.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Coil sprung forks get me really excited since there are not many of them produced these days, and I like the linear nature of them. Hope this brand will be able to recapture its market share and be the leader it once was.
    Very welcome. I hope so too! the products we are putting out are for sure worth looking at. Playing catch up is always a tough game.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Some advice for anyone with a 350 CR looking to drop the lowers:

I dropped the lowers last night to regrease seals and address some stickiness. The rebound knob is indeed a pain to take off, and you'll likely need a set of needle nose pliers to yank it off. One that's off, foot nuts are easy to remove and the lowers slide right off without any coaxing from a rubber mallet.

There are small o-rings recessed into each foot nut - DON'T LOSE THEM when you remove the foot nuts as one of mine was stuck to the lowers and tried to escape under my dryer.

Two things I noticed: 1) The damper side had hardly any oil (both sides require 20-25cc of 7.5wt Golden Spectro) and 2) the seals were dramatically under-greased.

I packed the seals with slick honey, popped the lowers back on, shot 25cc of 7.5wt into each leg, and reinstalled the foot nuts. The fork feels much smoother and eager to move into its stroke - it's a simple process and absolutely worth doing if you notice stickiness when you first receive the fork.
    OH MAN!! Slick honey is not recommended for these forks!! We only use Molykote for o-rings and use it on the rubber parts only. We also use Torko oil now (though Golden is just fine).

If the stiction persists, call our tech dept and talk to them, we should be able to bring them back and service them under warranty.

Oil level is aprox 20-25cc in each leg and make sure not to take apart either cartridge.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    OH MAN!! Slick honey is not recommended for these forks!! We only use Molykote for o-rings and use it on the rubber parts only. We also use Torko oil now (though Golden is just fine).

If the stiction persists, call our tech dept and talk to them, we should be able to bring them back and service them under warranty.

Oil level is aprox 20-25cc in each leg and make sure not to take apart either cartridge.
    Why is slick honey not recommended - is it that it will get pulled into the dbc cartridge? i've never heard of a fork being "non-slick honey compatible"...

the other grease was literally smeared everywhere inside of the air spring side, rubber or not, and consistency felt essentially the same as slick honey...i only put slick honey on the dust seals (above the bushings and rubber, obviously), as an entirely unlubricated dust seal is not going to help sliding friction.

i haven't truly ridden the fork yet, so if i'm going to run into issues please let me know. it feels good for now and while i'm hoping i didn't do anything wrong, it's entirely unreasonable to not publish any service materials when all of your competitors have at least released some info around basic oil changes.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Why is slick honey not recommended - is it that it will get pulled into the dbc cartridge? i've never heard of a fork being "non-slick honey compatible"...

the other grease was literally smeared everywhere inside of the air spring side, rubber or not, and consistency felt essentially the same as slick honey...i only put slick honey on the dust seals (above the bushings and rubber, obviously), as an entirely unlubricated dust seal is not going to help sliding friction.

i haven't truly ridden the fork yet, so if i'm going to run into issues please let me know. it feels good for now and while i'm hoping i didn't do anything wrong, it's entirely unreasonable to not publish any service materials when all of your competitors have at least released some info around basic oil changes.
    From what I was told the Slick Honey just breaks down and will clog the valves in our forks. the stuff that was inside our forks was a special assembly lube that is formulated to break down into oil and be assimilated into the fork oil.

True about the unlubed fork causing stiction and some lube is better than none so for sure once you ride it a while if you run into any issues call our tech dept straight away.

If you just used a little at the dust seals it should be ok for now but eventually it (might) break down into the oil and get gummed up inside everything because of the DBC system.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Oh, now that is exciting! Thanks again for the prompt replies. I presume this applies for the European shipping too.. either way, phone calls are being made! Oh - how similiar is the 350 ti meant to be to the 55 ti evo v.2? (other than the obvious wheel size difference). Thanks again.

Oh, exciting, very exciting.. make it stealth from the get go, and as reliable as your forks and you will have the entire market. Oh and for the love of whichever diety you believe in.. follow through with the colour matching! Ahaha.

EDIT: will you be able to choose your spring weight or will it be aftermarket?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    From what I was told the Slick Honey just breaks down and will clog the valves in our forks. the stuff that was inside our forks was a special assembly lube that is formulated to break down into oil and be assimilated into the fork oil.

True about the unlubed fork causing stiction and some lube is better than none so for sure once you ride it a while if you run into any issues call our tech dept straight away.

If you just used a little at the dust seals it should be ok for now but eventually it (might) break down into the oil and get gummed up inside everything because of the DBC system.
    perfect, thanks for the reply. i didn't overdo it on the slick honey and it should stay put (hopefully), but if i notice any issues i'll be sure to be proactive and check in with your tech guys.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    perfect, thanks for the reply. i didn't overdo it on the slick honey and it should stay put (hopefully), but if i notice any issues i'll be sure to be proactive and check in with your tech guys.
    word up
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Oh, now that is exciting! Thanks again for the prompt replies. I presume this applies for the European shipping too.. either way, phone calls are being made! Oh - how similiar is the 350 ti meant to be to the 55 ti evo v.2? (other than the obvious wheel size difference). Thanks again.

Oh, exciting, very exciting.. make it stealth from the get go, and as reliable as your forks and you will have the entire market. Oh and for the love of whichever diety you believe in.. follow through with the colour matching! Ahaha.

EDIT: will you be able to choose your spring weight or will it be aftermarket?

Very welcome.

I can only speak to the USA, I am not sure how Windwave does stuff. As far as comparison to the Ti Evo.. sort of. The NCR is really its own unique animal with the pedal assistance low speed compression/rebound settings designed to sense the pedal induced feedback over trail bumps. That is pretty new thinking and technology, maybe an evolution of the Evo (which was an evolution of its own).
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Marzocchis are excellent forks at a good price. Unfortunately all companies have ups and downs. Marzocchi is now on an upswing and you can bet they'll gain market share steadily. They're once again making good forks which hopefully only get better. One thing I love about Marzocchi is their quality & longevity. The guys over at Long Beach Ca will definetely take care of anything you need. I had my 29er Corsa SL rc streched out to 120 by them and its been great. Nothing like what some of the reviews say.I've been beating the crap out of it !! Solid fork. Now looking for something a bit burlier (34-35 mm stanchions) with 120-130 travel. Is that new 320 a 34 stanchion fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis M. View Post
    Marzocchis are excellent forks. Unfortunately all companies have ups and downs. Marzocchi is now on an upswing and you can bet they'll gain market share steadily. They're once again making good forks which hopefully only get better. One thing I love about Marzocchi is their quality & longevity. The guys over at Long Beach Ca will definitely take care of anything you need. I had my 29er SL rc stretched out to 120 by them and its been great. Nothing like what some of the reviews say. I've been beating the crap out of it !! Solid fork.
    Thanks! We are for sure trying to get us back in the game.

Hopefully good longevity, not like that burrito I had 2 nights ago that keeps haunting me!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks! We are for sure trying to get us back in the game

Hopefully good longevity, not like that burrito I had 2 nights ago that keeps haunting me!
    Im sure zocchi will be back. Great product and great CS.

Great thing about burritos is... not only are they good going in, but out as well. :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Is there plans to provide Moto C2R in smaller format, say 216x63mm 8.5x2.5", to fit smaller frames? On the website there is these options only:
    - 267 x 89 mm / 10.5 x 3.5”
    - 241 x 76 mm / 9.5 x 3.0”
    - 222 x 70 mm / 8.75 x 2.75”

mtbr member
    Thanks! We are for sure trying to get us back in the game.
    When will the 350 NCR Ti be available? weeks or months?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Is there plans to provide Moto C2R in smaller format, say 216x63mm 8.5x2.5", to fit smaller frames? On the website there is these options only:
    - 267 x 89 mm / 10.5 x 3.5”
    - 241 x 76 mm / 9.5 x 3.0”
    - 222 x 70 mm / 8.75 x 2.75”
    unfortunately that is all we have in that shock for now. I'll be talking to our head office about different sizes at Interbike though. I want to see a slope specific rear shock
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    When will the 350 NCR Ti be available? weeks or months?
    As of Interbike we will have them in stock and ready to sell. we actually have them in the warehouse now.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    As of Interbike we will have them in stock and ready to sell. we actually have them in the warehouse now.
    Point me in the right direction please - 1 US dealer said three months, 1 German dealer said 7 - 8 weeks.

I want to purchase NOW. Your online shop isn't up and running.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Point me in the right direction please - 1 US dealer said three months, 1 German dealer said 7 - 8 weeks.

I want to purchase NOW. Your online shop isn't up and running.

have your local shop call us and ask for Mat:
    1800-227-5579
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Much appreciated mate. Details have been passed along.

have your local shop call us and ask for Mat:
    1800-227-5579

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    word up

Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Much appreciated mate. Details have been passed along.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I like the expresso coating. Cool color!

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Really excited about the adjustability and the weight of the 053 S3C2R. They are quoting 300g for the 215 length so it'll be real interesting to see the largest size shock on a scale.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Really excited about the adjustability and the weight of the 053 S3C2R. They are quoting 300g for the 215 length so it'll be real interesting to see the largest size shock on a scale.
    I'm getting 324 grams with standard 22.2 mm hardware and bushings installed on each end. Using my Park desktop scale with a weak battery.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Nice, that's lighter than a Fox Float X (365g) without hardware and bushing. I estimate (though I'm not certain) the Monarch Plus Debonair is around 370g or so in similar sizes without hardware and 388g with.

It might be the lightest reservoir shock on the market.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    sweet! I don't have any of our competition's products here (other than a Fox Float CTD) to weigh in and compare. all that is done at our office in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Nice, that's lighter than a Fox Float X (365g) without hardware and bushing. I estimate (though I'm not certain) the Monarch Plus Debonair is around 370g or so in similar sizes without hardware and 388g with.

It might be the lightest reservoir shock on the market.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Do you know how much the NCR cartridge will cost?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I haven't seen the pricing for the spare parts yet. Mat will have them however if you email him next week when we get back from interbike:

mathewb@marzocchiusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty125 View Post
    Do you know how much the NCR cartridge will cost?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey Marzocchi_USA,
    Big thanks for all the info on the new forks!
    Do you have any more details on the 350 NCR Ti, the details on the website are a little vague.
    Specifically I was wondering if it really does have a “lockout/pedal mode" if you will?
    I have been running a 66 Ti for the last 2 years and while its pure brilliance on the downs is faultless it’s a bit of a dog on the climbs also somewhat of a boat anchor at times
    I’ve tried many air forks and found them all to be wanting in comparison with a coil fork, however yet to find a coil fork which would offer handy things such as lockout.
    Also ask the guys at interbike to take some more photos of said fork would be great
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    How does the vanilla 'r' model compare to the others in the line up? Is it possible to upgrade the internals of the 'r' to the 'ncr'?
    Last edited by snax001; 09-14-2014 at 10:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    Do you have any more details on the 350 NCR Ti, the details on the website are a little vague.
    Specifically I was wondering if it really does have a “lockout/pedal mode" if you will?
    Not a complete lockout but rather a firm up dial. Scroll 1/3 of the way down:

First Look: What?s new in the Wide Open warehouse | Spoke Magazine

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    The NCR Ti (and NCR and the 320 LCR models) all use an IFP system inside the cartridge that senses the difference between pedal input (generally a slow, undulation push) vrs ride input (faster vibrations or sudden big movements such as drops, rocks, etc..) this system saves acts as a soft lockout to isolate pedal forces while climbing or otherwise when not using the actual lockout (the Ti uses a fork mounted lockout while the NCR Air uses a bar mounted lockout). In both regards the lockout is gated and will blow off with a hard enough hit.

Weight on the two is: 4.7lbs Ti, 4.23lbs Air. I posted some more photos of the Ti on our Facebook page during the show.

hope that helped, let me know if you have other questions.

cheers!

DM

Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    Hey Marzocchi_USA,
    Big thanks for all the info on the new forks!
    I have been running a 66 Ti for the last 2 years and while its pure brilliance on the downs is faultless it’s a bit of a dog on the climbs also somewhat of a boat anchor at times
    I’ve tried many air forks and found them all to be wanting in comparison with a coil fork, however yet to find a coil fork which would offer handy things such as lockout.
    Also ask the guys at interbike to take some more photos of said fork would be great
    Thanks!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast