Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi_USA View Post
    . The nuts are interference fitted and should only be removed by a service center.
    Is the NCR TI more user friendly? I only buy forks that I can service myself. Which is why I never buy Fox and only buy RS or Zoke because of this. It would be sad to see Zoke become service center only forks.

mtbr member
    I slightly damaged the nut too but lucky wasn't putting much torque on it, the fork was easy to service from then on (dropped travel and added oil.)

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by feville View Post
    Here's a pic of the 350CR on my Giant Trance.

So first ride impressions were very good, the fork has completely transformed the bike (prob not that hard coming from a Fox 32) it still climbs well (i put up with the climbs to enjoy the downs) being a 160mm rather than stock 140mm but point it down hill and it inspires so much confidence. Really pleased with the way it sits up in its travel, tracks the ground and just does everything i wanted it to.

Kudos to Marzocchi

Is this low oil level a pretty common issue?
    I sure like your rig. The 2014 350CR's coating sure looks better, to me, than the darker expresso coating.

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo5pro View Post
    The guys that have replaced seals with SKF's. Did you replace both dust & oil seals. If so how easy is it to seat the oil seals?
    There are 4 seals in the SKF kit. i had my mechanic do the replacement so I can't speak to any details of the process.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Just purchased the 350 CR's. Fitted but not ridden as not finished build yet. But just pushing hard on bars with front wheel against wall they feel very notchy/dry with a lot of stiction.
    Do they improve very much with bedding in or is a case of poor oil/seal lube from factory?
    Is the SKF seals a noticeable improvement?

cheers

mtbr member
    If i install a spacer and lower the travel of the fork from 160mm to 150mm this will also affect the good and plush operation of it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    My new 350 NCRs arrived last week and I've just about finished my build. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that there is absolutely NO stiction in the fork right out of the box.

@mojo5pro I'm a little surprised to hear that you are experiencing the opposite. Maybe give them a wipe of Fork Juice or something similar?

I was a little hesitant in getting the NCR version due to the price difference but I have to say that a quick shakedown has left me very, very impressed. From what I can tell (with just setting sag and guessing the compression/rebound by feel), it's a very, very well behaved fork.

I'll take it for a proper spin later in the week, get everything dialed in and I'll report back if there's anything unusual/exceptional.

Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150125_153334-medium-.jpg
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150125_153347-medium-.jpg
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-20150125_153354-medium-.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What are the difference between the 2014 and 2015 350 CR and why would I prefer the one over the other?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel View Post
    There are 4 seals in the SKF kit. i had my mechanic do the replacement so I can't speak to any details of the process.

I'm interested to get your feedback on the SKF seals as its an upgrade I'd consider come service time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    Is the NCR TI more user friendly? I only buy forks that I can service myself. Which is why I never buy Fox and only buy RS or Zoke because of this. It would be sad to see Zoke become service center only forks.
    not necessarily. all our forks require service intervals of approximately 100 hours so the user friendly part is there across the board. As far as oil changes, all our products use that interference fit foot nut. our techs use an air torque gun to remove them and install them with a set pressure.

I agree with you too on the service center only issue.. I don't want to say we are not going that way but part of what we have is a corporate structure that is set up to limit information on repair only for liability reasons. We are working on what we can release to the public and what we release to shops and are setting up training programs for shops and creating training videos for our Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarzocchiSusp/videos
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CS645 View Post
    What are the difference between the 2014 and 2015 350 CR and why would I prefer the one over the other?
    stanchion coating and price is the only difference. the 2015 came down in cost because of the stanchion treatment.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by looperx View Post
    If i install a spacer and lower the travel of the fork from 160mm to 150mm this will also affect the good and plush operation of it?
    no, it won't effect the plushness of the fork. all it is doing is limiting the travel. make sure you have it done professionally though. Even though the actual change is simple if it isn't done right it can cause issues and you could get denied warranty if you did the work yourself. call it CYA insurance and let the shop do the work.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Just purchased the 350 CR's. Fitted but not ridden as not finished build yet. But just pushing hard on bars with front wheel against wall they feel very notchy/dry with a lot of stiction.
    Do they improve very much with bedding in or is a case of poor oil/seal lube from factory?
    Is the SKF seals a noticeable improvement?

cheers
    once broken in they should be fine, I have noticed that out of the box the CR models feel "dry" but once they get working they work good. if they never fully feel right we can do a warranty hop up to them where we disassemble them and lube the insides up real good. The only thing I can think of for this is that given the low oil levels in the DBC system out of the box they have a small amount of stiction but once cycled repeatedly while riding the DBC system has a chance to open up and work and lube everything up.

cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Were there too many stanchion coat problems on the 2014 gold?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    I slightly damaged the nut too but lucky wasn't putting much torque on it, the fork was easy to service from then on (dropped travel and added oil.)
    did you get the nut replaced? I'd recommend that just in case
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Were there too many stanchion coat problems on the 2014 gold?
    nothing extravagant. I think the animal we made it with went extinct or something more to that effect.

J/K

we wanted to create two different lines within one family similar to what Fox did with Factory and Evolution.

We developed the Espresso coating because its color is more consistent over a large volume where the GRC had lots of variations. We then just went back to our natural hard ano finish for the less expensive models because the standard hard ano is just that...less expensive, so we can create a killer product at a value conscience level that flat out works and then have a high level product for the top-tier products.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Good to know! I am local to Long Beach and will be dropping off my 350 CR to have it lowered to 150mm once I get the email confirmation.

Question, do the shock eyelets match the size of Fox and RS? That is without reducers/spacers. I had a BOS shock that did not fit my 2015 Kona Process due to the oddball eyelet size, those crazy French... I do want the new shock out back!

mtbr member
    not necessarily. all our forks require service intervals of approximately 100 hours so the user friendly part is there across the board. As far as oil changes, all our products use that interference fit foot nut. our techs use an air torque gun to remove them and install them with a set pressure.

I agree with you too on the service center only issue.. I don't want to say we are not going that way but part of what we have is a corporate structure that is set up to limit information on repair only for liability reasons. We are working on what we can release to the public and what we release to shops and are setting up training programs for shops and creating training videos for our Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarzocchiSusp/videos
    It would be nice if you did something similar to sram and make videos detailing a complete tear down and rebuild. However I fear that might not be the case. Sounds like liability lawyers talking legal B.S. "Can't breath cause someone will sue us". Soon we won't be allowed to think cause it might hurt someone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    It would be nice if you did something similar to sram and make videos detailing a complete tear down and rebuild. However I fear that might not be the case. Sounds like liability lawyers talking legal B.S. "Can't breath cause someone will sue us". Soon we won't be allowed to think cause it might hurt someone.
    we are working on that actually.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Good to know! I am local to Long Beach and will be dropping off my 350 CR to have it lowered to 150mm once I get the email confirmation.

Question, do the shock eyelets match the size of Fox and RS? That is without reducers/spacers. I had a BOS shock that did not fit my 2015 Kona Process due to the oddball eyelet size, those crazy French... I do want the new shock out back!
    sweet deal!

our eyelet is the same size as Fox. I actually use Fox reducer hardware and bushings in my shocks.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Awesome! The Kona Process line uses NO reducers or hardware at the lower mounting point so all good. Now for you to hurry and get the new shocks out!

Sedona, Az USA
    I'm interested to get your feedback on the SKF seals as its an upgrade I'd consider come service time.
    The fork felt good before but i felt better about it with a better seals and Molykote. I am familiar with SKF because i use their bearings at my work and I know they make great stuff. Expensive but one of the best.

mtbr member
    we are working on that actually.
    Sweet! That's good news. Now if we could just get some reviews on the NCR Ti.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Awesome! The Kona Process line uses NO reducers or hardware at the lower mounting point so all good. Now for you to hurry and get the new shocks out!
    word to that! I want mine too
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    working on that too. I am going to get some scheduled here on MTBR and hopefully some other sites.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hi Marzocchi_USA,
    Will you have available a shock for the Nomad MK3 specs?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by artishouk View Post
    Hi Marzocchi_USA,
    Will you have available a shock for the Nomad MK3 specs?
    yes, we will offer the new 053 and already offer the Roco Air TST R
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

I have a quick question regarding a set of 350CR 2014 model. Fitted a new set to a frame last week. On compressing the fork, a clicking noise can be heard from inside the stanchion. After a few compressions, the noise stops. Any ideas if there is anything I can do to stop this (oil levels or something) or will it require sending the new fork back?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyorange5 View Post
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

I have a quick question regarding a set of 350CR 2014 model. Fitted a new set to a frame last week. On compressing the fork, a clicking noise can be heard from inside the stanchion. After a few compressions, the noise stops. Any ideas if there is anything I can do to stop this (oil levels or something) or will it require sending the new fork back?

Thanks
    Hi there

My 350CR did the exact same thing when I first fitted it. Haven't heard the noise again and I've been out with them 4 times since clocking up around 12hrs of riding time. Guess it just needs cycling a bit to get lubed up after transit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi there

My 350CR did the exact same thing when I first fitted it. Haven't heard the noise again and I've been out with them 4 times since clocking up around 12hrs of riding time. Guess it just needs cycling a bit to get lubed up after transit?
    I did guess this might be the case. Did wonder if there was a lack of fluid keeping the bushes/seals lubed up?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I did guess this might be the case. Did wonder if there was a lack of fluid keeping the bushes/seals lubed up?
    From what I've read a few people have dropped the lowers to find suspected low oil levels, however I think removing the lowers is a "service centre only" job and could invalidate your warranty.

mtbr member
    same in my CR, I guess it's the negative coil engaging/disengaging to produce the clicking... I've only a coule of rides on it, if it keeps clicking I'll open it (again) to try solve it someway...

bump and grind
    Got my 2015 350 NCR yesterday and its a very good looking fork! It came with a remote.
    I installed it immediately on my Turner Burner to replace a XF Sweep.
    My initial impressions after a short "trail" around the neighborhood:

1. Its plush. Practically no need for breaking in. Is it the Espresso coat? the SKF seals? Whatever it is, its buttery. Its plushness is immediately noticeable coming from the Sweep fork (with the tweaked shimstack, mind you). Is it as plush/smooth as my 55 RC3Ti coil fork? Its very close. Its that good.

2. The fork seems to ride a bit high in the travel and brake dive control is good. The damper is behaved under pedalling and light braking forces. Much like the XF Sweep's midvalve in this regard.

3. The "lockout" doesnt seem to do much. When you activate it, i think it merely adds 2 or so clicks of LSC. In a LSC range of around 24 clicks, this is too small a difference to be useful on the fly for climbing. Its a good thing I hardly ever use a lockout and the fork is well-behaved under pedalling. The remote is coming off very soon. (EDIT: The lockout works. As adviced by Marzocchi_USA, the cable has to be tight. Pull it firmly using pliers as you tighten the grub bolt and adjust the barrel adjuster accordingly. With this, the lockout gives a firm platform. NICE!)

Overall, pending several real rides in the mountains, I LIKE IT. Marzocchi is back.
    Last edited by cobym2; 01-30-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: updating
    SCB Nomad, SCB 5010v2, Turner RFX, Voodoo D-jab 650B, Voodoo Wazoo CX/commuter
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cobym2 View Post
    3. The "lockout" doesnt seem to do much. When you activate it, i think it merely adds 2 or so clicks of LSC. In a LSC range of around 24 clicks, this is too small a difference to be useful on the fly for climbing. Its a good thing I hardly ever use a lockout and the fork is well-behaved under pedalling. The remote is coming off very soon.
    That's really odd, my lockout really does just that. It's a complete lockout and you really have to beast it to blow off and move. I have to admit that I didn't plan to use the remote so I switched it with the manual lockout dial that was included in the box.

I didn't even try the remote lockout, so I can't really say if it behaved in the same way as yours, I just assume that they are supposed to react similarly.

Following the video on YouTube, the switch took about 6-7 minutes (with 3-4 minutes trying to locate the spring retaining nut). It's an absolute doddle.

bump and grind
    Quote Originally Posted by henkster View Post
    That's really odd, my lockout really does just that. It's a complete lockout and you really have to beast it to blow off and move. I have to admit that I didn't plan to use the remote so I switched it with the manual lockout dial that was included in the box.

I didn't even try the remote lockout, so I can't really say if it behaved in the same way as yours, I just assume that they are supposed to react similarly.

Following the video on YouTube, the switch took about 6-7 minutes (with 3-4 minutes trying to locate the spring retaining nut). It's an absolute doddle.
    Well, thats disconcerting. I may have done something wrong connecting the lockout remote?
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi Marzocchi_USA

Thanks
    was the fork reduced in travel at all? send an email to tech@marzocchiusa.com and if possible describe the click as best you can or shoot a video in a quiet room and email that as well.

Assuming the fork is installed properly and the headset is correct and tight and the bar is tight and all bolts are greased and the wheel is secure.

does the noise show up at random or every time you ride or only when you first compress the fork? be really specific in your email so we can trouble shoot it for you.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi there

that is very possible. the DBC system needs to be cycled to get the oil to circulate throughout the whole fork and lube everything up inside it. if you hear or feel anything wonky make sure to contact tech@marzocchiusa.com or call us (unless you are outside the US then just check our web site for your local service center).

chances are better than not the fork must needs circulation to engage the DBC. the forks are pretty dry when shipped. They have all the oil in them and they are cycled during final QC but they do make a long trip from Taiwan to the US or Italy.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    same in my CR, I guess it's the negative coil engaging/disengaging to produce the clicking... I've only a coule of rides on it, if it keeps clicking I'll open it (again) to try solve it someway...
    if it keeps clicking please contact your tech center, you probably will need to send it in so we can see what's up with it. the only thing I can think of is if you aired it up too much the negative coil popped out (as you say). I have only seen that once and it was after we did a travel reduction on it, I've never seen it out of the box but stranger things happen so it is possible. The big thing is to not take it apart yourself but have a shop do it for you so it can be covered under warranty. If you do it yourself and it gets messed up it will void the warranty. Our new corporate structure is still working on the logistics of end-user maintenance and currently only trained/authorized service centers can do the work (if you have a warranty claim at least).
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Got my 2015 350 NCR yesterday and its a very good looking fork! It came with a remote.
    I installed it immediately on my Turner Burner to replace a XF Sweep.
    My initial impressions after a short "trail" around the neighborhood:

1. Its plush. Practically no need for breaking in. Is it the Espresso coat? the SKF seals? Whatever it is, its buttery. Its plushness is immediately noticeable coming from the Sweep fork (with the tweaked shimstack, mind you). Is it as plush/smooth as my 55 RC3Ti coil fork? Its very close. Its that good.

2. The fork seems to ride a bit high in the travel and brake dive control is good. The damper is behaved under pedalling and light braking forces. Much like the XF Sweep's midvalve in this regard.

3. The "lockout" doesnt seem to do much. When you activate it, i think it merely adds 2 or so clicks of LSC. In a LSC range of around 24 clicks, this is too small a difference to be useful on the fly for climbing. Its a good thing I hardly ever use a lockout and the fork is well-behaved under pedalling. The remote is coming off very soon.

Overall, pending several real rides in the mountains, I LIKE IT. Marzocchi is back.

Sounds positive! you are experiencing the IFP/NCR system in that anti-brake dive and under pedaling. For your lockout, it does have a blow off but when it is installed, you need to click it and lock it then unlock it and redo the cable pulling it tight a second time as the cable will stretch. check out this video we put out on how to install it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whz7qx0JuWE
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by henkster View Post

I have ridden both (I have the remote on my 320 LCR and the fork mount lever on my 350 NCR) and to me I feel that the lever has a more positive engagement in the lock and for sure needs a more robust hit to blow it off as opposed to the remote. I think it has to do with the cable tension.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    From what I've read a few people have dropped the lowers to find suspected low oil levels, however I think removing the lowers is a "service centre only" job and could invalidate your warranty.
    Dropping the lowers to refresh the lube oil is a service centre only job???

Can this be confirmed please?

I thought they were talking about cracking open the cartridge as being service centre only earlier in the thread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Dropping the lowers to refresh the lube oil is a service centre only job???

Can this be confirmed please?

I thought they were talking about cracking open the cartridge as being service centre only earlier in the thread.
    I have been informed that anytime a fork is opened it needs to be by an authorized center. This is the deal here in N. America. I can't say for sure in the rest of the world but it only stands to reason the same case would hold true. There are different liability laws in the UK and elsewhere though. I'd check with Windwave for sure as they are teh official center for the UK for us.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bump and grind
    Sounds positive! you are experiencing the IFP/NCR system in that anti-brake dive and under pedaling. For your lockout, it does have a blow off but when it is installed, you need to click it and lock it then unlock it and redo the cable pulling it tight a second time as the cable will stretch. check out this video we put out on how to install it:

Yup. Followed that video and I adjusted the barrel adjuster to account for cable stretch.
    Does the lockout really just increase the gold LSC knob a few turns or does it actuate a different mechanism inside?
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Dropping the lowers being a "service centre only" job seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially as some forks are dry out of the box and need oil and seals lubing (which appears to be the case with mine). It's bad enough that this needs to be done in the first place, let alone having to send your forks off to a service centre.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Yeah I don't get it either, I buy a fork then I have to send it to a service centre immediately because it has no oil/grease and I can't drop the lowers!?!?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Dropping the lowers being a "service centre only" job seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially as some forks are dry out of the box and need oil and seals lubing (which appears to be the case with mine). It's bad enough that this needs to be done in the first place, let alone having to send your forks off to a service centre.
    I don't make or enforce the rules, I'm just here to help. to me it seems over the top also and I do agree with you as do others here but it has everything to do with the corporate structure and rules from our parent company.

The service is something we do as a warranty so it is a free service if asked (at least here in the US) but it also is something we have seen maybe 2 out of 50 times so it is a rare case.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Brake-neck View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either, I buy a fork then I have to send it to a service centre immediately because it has no oil/grease and I can't drop the lowers!?!?
    there is grease and oil in the forks, it is a circulation deal, not a unfinished product deal. the forks just need to be pumped or ridden for a little bit (not much) just to get the oil circulating throughout to further lube the insides. This is pretty normal.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yup. Followed that video and I adjusted the barrel adjuster to account for cable stretch.
    Does the lockout really just increase the gold LSC knob a few turns or does it actuate a different mechanism inside?
    It closes down the compression piston in full, it doesn't have anything to do with the knob itself
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the reply.

Alex and Naz are only a few blocks away here in N.Van, but I really enjoy doing my own service. Will have to stop in and chat with them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Alex and Naz are only a few blocks away here in N.Van, but I really enjoy doing my own service. Will have to stop in and chat with them.
    good deal, They will know the official rules for Canada. I can only speak for the US.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bump and grind
    It closes down the compression piston in full, it doesn't have anything to do with the knob itself
    Hmmm. Perhaps I need to take a much closer look at that remote and how I installed it. The remote lock definitely doest feel anything like closed or locked. Thanks.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hmmm. Perhaps I need to take a much closer look at that remote and how I installed it. The remote lock definitely doest feel anything like closed or locked. Thanks.
    it should have a definitive lock but that lock will blow off after a hard enough hit. check your cable tension and watch that video also:

if it just isn't right, call our tech department, something could be wonky inside the fork.

cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bump and grind
    OK. All's well. I retightened the cable and grub bolt and tightened the barrel adjuster and its now a real lockout. Excellent! Although I seldom use a lockout, its good to have anyway.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    OK. All's well. I retightened the cable and grub bolt and tightened the barrel adjuster and its now a real lockout. Excellent! Although I seldom use a lockout, its good to have anyway.
    I'm happy to hear that! Usually it is just cable tension.

I only have the remote installed on my bike to show it to people. I never use it either.

happy riding!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I have a PDF of it. the shock is essentially our Moto but as an air sprung unit.
    email me at marketing@marzocchiusa.com and I can send you the PDF

Hi, did you get my email? :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A few questions. Does the lower bath mix with the damping oil on the 350ncr? Is that why you specifically spec Molykote? Also, can you remove the remote and not run it?

On the 053 shock, I am concerned about the reservoir hitting my frame at bottom out. Is this reservoir shorter than the Monarch Plus reservoir? Thanks

mtbr member
    Could you please tell me which parts do I have to buy to convert the lock out to manual? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 92SE-R View Post
    A few questions. Does the lower bath mix with the damping oil on the 350ncr? Is that why you specifically spec Molykote? Also, can you remove the remote and not run it?

On the 053 shock, I am concerned about the reservoir hitting my frame at bottom out. Is this reservoir shorter than the Monarch Plus reservoir? Thanks

Moly kote is the cats ass. This will be my new service lube for anything with rubber seals. Buy some!! It not cheap. The nice thing about moly kote is you can mix with fork oil to make it thinner if needed. For example you could use it in the AER system. The damper is a separate unit NOT open bath system I recomend Moly kote on the seals and 25cc oil in each leg.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i will definitely try the molykote. Just wondering why it would matter if it was slick honey or molykote if it is completely isolated from damper.

What oil is used in lower? I read a mention of torco, but any specifics? If it is separate from damper, because of such little oil in lowers, i want to use fox gold which has a ton of tackifiers which will cling to the bushings.

Sedona, Az USA
    Molykote 55 specifically

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    i will definitely try the molykote. Just wondering why it would matter if it was slick honey or molykote if it is completely isolated from damper.

What oil is used in lower? I read a mention of torco, but any specifics? If it is separate from damper, because of such little oil in lowers, i want to use fox gold which has a ton of tackifiers which will cling to the bushings.
    Ya I don't personally get to techy with oil in lowers. Im just using some 7wt stuff right now. I got to be honest the slick honey doesn't work as well as the molykote. Cant wait to try it in some other forks. Marzo says the slick honey is to thick and might clog up the fork. But I have yet to see (where) this could be an issue. Biggest benefit I saw to the molykote was in the AER system. I figured out a proper (cc) amount that I use for my riding style and mix it with some fork oil too lube the AER system.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Also, can you remove the remote and not run it?
    Could you please tell me which parts do I have to buy to convert the lock out to manual? Thanks!
    Yep, I switched the remote to manual the first night I fitted the fork. It's super quick and easy, just follow the video. The manual lockout goodies come in the box with the fork, you just remove the remote assembly from the top of the stantion (which is 85% of the job) and then just pop the manual level back on top.

It really is THAT easy. 10 mins tops and won't cost you a cent

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    @Marzocchi_USA, what's the plan with the dropper post?

Looks good and I'm in the market for a post for the new build. I've read that it'll only be available in 30.9, but are there plans for a 31.6?

What's the MSRP and weight?

mtbr member
    I haven't managed to print green decals Marzocchi_USA sent me yet, but I can post just a nice pic of my Sensor with 350CR. I even got used to GRC and red decals.

Marzocchi - Better late than never-dsc_0200.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok so my 2nd set of 2014 350CR are getting the streak like wear again on the back of the stanchions after just 2 months of use.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    part number 549274/P they are about $40 USD.

the video to do it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd5MgKJ0muQ

cheers!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Slick Honey has been known to break down a bit and clog ports, at least in our forks.

We use Torco (we also sell it in 16oz bottles direct too).
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What ports is it clogging if i use it in the lowers? Im trying to get a better idea of how the chassis works on the new 350. I could see that happening on the old open bath forks because the lowers and damping oil is the same. But in the new 350, isnt the lower oil completely sealed from the damper? Im not dead set on using slick honey. Im just trying to understand the difference between old forks and new forks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Also, is it torco rff or a custom blend for Marzocchi?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

yes to your first question. Our Dynamic Bleed Cartridge (DBC) has one-way bleed valves that push small amounts of oil out from the top of the fork then that oil is cycled throughout the fork and pulled back in via a 1-way valve at the bottom of the cartridge. semi-open bath lubrication that way.

the res. on the 053 is smaller than the Monarch Plus. I'll grab one and measure it in a few..

053 measurements...

the piggyback is 3" long, 2.5" wide and the total circumference of the shock around the piggyback at the S3 lever is 9"

hope this helps

-DM
    Last edited by Marzocchi_USA; 02-02-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    What ports is it clogging if i use it in the lowers? Im trying to get a better idea of how the chassis works on the new 350. I could see that happening on the old open bath forks because the lowers and damping oil is the same. But in the new 350, isnt the lower oil completely sealed from the damper? Im not dead set on using slick honey. Im just trying to understand the difference between old forks and new forks.
    It has been known to clog the DBC system and work its way into the valving. We are not 100% against it, just that we have seen it and haven't seen that with Molykote.

the old forks were full open bath where our new stuff is semi-open bath where we have a sealed cartridge that has one-way valves that bleed off oil as it expands to lubricate the outside of the cartridge and keep the fork lubricated, also why we use about 20-30CC oil in the lowers
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Gotcha. Thanks for the great description! Im curious to try the molykote55. Torco rff 7wt ok?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Gotcha. Thanks for the great description! Im curious to try the molykote55. Torco rff 7wt ok?
    yeah, 7.5 is perfect, it's what we spec here. cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Does marzocchi have a special blend? Torco only makes a 7wt

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've lubed the seals and added oil to my new 350 CR's. I used the molykote on the seals and added 25 mls of oil to each leg. I've kept the original seals and not replaced with SKF.
    It's made a big improvement to the smoothness of the fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    What upgrades are available for my 350 R? Can I install an air cartridge or a NCR damper etc? I have a 55cr, are any parts interchangeable?

Loving them both by the way - best forks I've ever ridden just the 350R is lacking something and I don't know what..

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Does marzocchi have a special blend? Torco only makes a 7wt
    it is a custom blend we developed with them. it uses special additives and other things.

the 7 would work but it isn't quite the same.

We sell our specific blend here in the US in 16oz bottles.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dillonthomson24 View Post
    What upgrades are available for my 350 R? Can I install an air cartridge or a NCR damper etc? I have a 55cr, are any parts interchangeable?

Loving them both by the way - best forks I've ever ridden just the 350R is lacking something and I don't know what..
    you can replace anything inside the R with parts from the CR or NCR. the cost for a full NCR upgrade is just over $600 however plus labor. I priced it out for someone once.

to drop a Ti spring in it you are looking at about $240 or so also.

I'll have to figure out the CR upgrade price. I am sure it is much more reasonable though

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    you can replace anything inside the R with parts from the CR or NCR. the cost for a full NCR upgrade is just over $600 however plus labor. I priced it out for someone once.

to drop a Ti spring in it you are looking at about $240 or so also.

I'll have to figure out the CR upgrade price. I am sure it is much more reasonable though

-DM
    Cheers. So I could buy the air spring and swap the damping cart with the one from the 55?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cheers. So I could buy the air spring and swap the damping cart with the one from the 55?
    We haven't tried that but it is pretty much the same stuff. I need to double check the part numbers but I bet ithey are the exact same. I'll try to check it all out in a bit and report back.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    it is a custom blend we developed with them. it uses special additives and other things.

the 7 would work but it isn't quite the same.

We sell our specific blend here in the US in 16oz bottles.
    Marzocchi Bomber Factory Fork Oil 7 5wt 16oz | eBay

Can you please advise if this is one of the same or have you got a new product for the latest generation forks.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post

Can you please advise if this is one of the same or have you got a new product for the latest generation forks.

Thanks.
    We have new product. that is a really old bottle. the oil in that is probably the Golden Spectro and could be more than 4 years old, probably older. It would be fine to use I imagine but all the new bottles in the last year have been shipping (in the US) with black labels. If you are in the US you can just order some up directly from us too.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    What you guys think about this deal?
    Seems like its a lot cheaper then when it first came out. Plus I can change travel if I change the bike anytime soon

Marzocchi 44 Micro STA 29r 140mm Tapered White Fork 2014 | Marzocchi

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BlowtorchBob View Post
    What you guys think about this deal?
    Seems like its a lot cheaper then when it first came out. Plus I can change travel if I change the bike anytime soon

Marzocchi 44 Micro STA 29r 140mm Tapered White Fork 2014 | Marzocchi
    those are sweet forks for sure. the travel change is on the fly also
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Umergerd its murzochi!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BlowtorchBob View Post
    Umergerd its murzochi!
    kind of like the Spanish Inquisition... http://www.skepdick.org/wp-content/u...nquisition.jpg
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post

Thanks.
    FYI we sell 16Oz bottles to the US at $15 each plus shipping
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Any update on those parts? Especially the damper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Update on my worn/noisy upper legs on 2014 cr. I got new ncr legs installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marzocchi - Better late than never-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Any update on those parts? Especially the damper.
    sorry, yeah. if you have a 350 R you would need these parts:

CR damper assembly parts:
    8501758/p: knob kit, $42.00
    8032358/p: compression unit: $112
    5182252/p: main damper tube assembly: $52
    8032297/p: DBC rebound unit: $112
    8501619/p: DBC fixing kit: $23
    5322106/p: foot nut: $18
    549225/p: rebound knob: $24

for an AER assembly to convert from coil to air:

549270/p: top cap: $28
    7019761/p: air top cap assembly: $45
    5182238/p: air cartridge assembly: $52
    8032278/p: AER Piston assembly: $112
    8501444/p: foot nut: $15

all prices are USD retail.

all assembly/work MUST be done by a Marzocchi certified dealer/tech center and not by the end user as per warranty specifications.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Is part 5322106/p the foot nut for the rebound side, the knurled one that the rebound adjuster sits in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Is part 5322106/p the foot nut for the rebound side, the knurled one that the rebound adjuster sits in?
    Yes sir
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    great thanks.
    I currently have the 350 CR. Thinking of getting the NCR also. What are the differences in ride characteristics between the air NCR and ti NCR? Is there a noticeable more linear stroke with the Ti coil than the air NCR?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    oddly enough the air feels more linear than the coil, at least in the two that I have ridden on. I rode a prototype air model and it was super progressive but the new one I have is a production model off the floor and it is much more linear than I was expecting but I actually really like it a lot more than the coil model which feels more progressive. The Ti coil has a harshness that would be perfect for racers that want to go really fast, when I opened it up on real high speed sections and just trusted the fork it was good, stiff and took everything on I could take (admittedly I don't ride as aggressively now in my 40's as I did in my 20's).

I have been riding that air model lately and don't want to give it back. it stays high in the travel and is wicked plush at the same time.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    thanks,does the 350 NCR air always come with an additional manual lock-out lever in the box?

bump and grind
    oddly enough the air feels more linear than the coil, at least in the two that I have ridden on. I rode a prototype air model and it was super progressive but the new one I have is a production model off the floor and it is much more linear than I was expecting but I actually really like it a lot more than the coil model which feels more progressive. The Ti coil has a harshness that would be perfect for racers that want to go really fast, when I opened it up on real high speed sections and just trusted the fork it was good, stiff and took everything on I could take (admittedly I don't ride as aggressively now in my 40's as I did in my 20's).

I have been riding that air model lately and don't want to give it back. it stays high in the travel and is wicked plush at the same time.
    Thats exactly how I feel with my NCR. Plush, yet stays high in the travel. Wonderful.
    I havent really dialled it up yet. I just put everything in the middle (low speed compression, rebound) and recommended psi in the air chamber. And it already feels great! Plus the ability to play with the high speed comp stack.
    If durability is proven, this is a winning product.
    ...so far...

mtbr member
    same here.
    I got a CR and before trying it I was thinking about a coil conversion... but now I've used it for a couple of rides I don't think it needs conversion. It feels very linear, just as I like my forks to be.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    thanks,does the 350 NCR air always come with an additional manual lock-out lever in the box?
    I can't speak for every fork, but mine came with the lock-out lever in the box.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    they all should have the kit in the box. we have a video on our Youtube.com station that shows how to install it.

http://youtu.be/Bd5MgKJ0muQ
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I've got a question. What fork oil to use, I know it should be 7.5w, but may be some specific brands would be more preferrable?

Would this be good enough?
    Motul
    https://www.motul.com/us/en-us/products/oils-lubricants/fork-oil-factory-line-light-medium-7-5w
    '
    or
    Motorex
    MOTOREX

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast