Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I live in a hot jungle environment and my current 2014 fox air forks often grow firmer due to the fork air expanding in the heat. Would the 350ncr titanium resolve this problem being a coil?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    explain? I would love to see what a air system does after a 15 minute run... Most people or (punters) cant even DH non stop for that long. I think were the problem lies and here is my disappointment with the bike industry.

We don't see what a for Damper system does after lets say a 5 minute cycle. How much does the oil heat up and the damper do with that oil. How much does the suspension curves change? If your a nerd like me you want that info.

An air system made out of aluminum would expand with how much heat? correct!! But really we have a small amount of oil in that system to battle that problem. Im not sure how a coil would help that. ?

Your tolerance's in your fork are designed to glide on oil between the bushing and stanchion. Maybe these Fox forks aren't getting the service they need. You got a lot of air moving over a fork leg to cool it down.

Maybe Im out to lunch but I have seen poorly lubricated open bath forks seize after just a couple runs. But I think that comes down to tolerances and maybe the end user was using a grease more than a oil.

You change your oil in your car every 6 months? why not your oil in your $1000.00 fork every 3 weeks? Its not hard to service the lowers... But again im all about buttery smooth working suspension...

The biggest thing with suspension is getting the air out of the damper system.. IF you don't the performance falls off really fast and the oil gets aerated.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Shanej;11614066]explain? I would love to see what a air system does after a 15 minute run... Most people or (punters) cant even DH non stop for that long. I think were the problem lies and here is my disappointment with the bike industry.

We don't see what a for Damper system does after lets say a 5 minute cycle. How much does the oil heat up and the damper do with that oil. How much does the suspension curves change? If your a nerd like me you want that info.

An air system made out of aluminum would expand with how much heat? correct!! But really we have a small amount of oil in that system to battle that problem. Im not sure how a coil would help that. ?

Your tolerance's in your fork are designed to glide on oil between the bushing and stanchion. Maybe these Fox forks aren't getting the service they need. You got a lot of air moving over a fork leg to cool it down.

Maybe Im out to lunch but I have seen poorly lubricated open bath forks seize after just a couple runs. But I think that comes down to tolerances and maybe the end user was using a grease more than a oil.

You change your oil in your car every 6 months? why not your oil in your $1000.00 fork every 3 weeks? Its not hard to service the lowers... But again im all about buttery smooth working suspension...

The biggest thing with suspension is getting the air out of the damper system.. IF you don't the performance falls off really fast and the oil gets aerated.[/QUOTE

You'd have to take that up with the fox distributor and service centre in Hong Kong, as that's what their head technician told me when I asked why my forks got stiffer at the end of a couple of minutes downhill in the middle of Hong Kong Summer (about 33 degrees and high humidity). His words were 'the air expands due to the heat so the pressure increases. The forks btw were six months old and on their first full service. I'm not so savvy with fork tech so I accepted what he said as it seemed to make sense, but am happy to be educated if there is a reason other than what the fox technician said.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Tally Ho;11615079]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanej View Post
    explain? I would love to see what a air system does after a 15 minute run... Most people or (punters) cant even DH non stop for that long. I think were the problem lies and here is my disappointment with the bike industry.

The biggest thing with suspension is getting the air out of the damper system.. IF you don't the performance falls off really fast and the oil gets aerated.[/QUOTE

You'd have to take that up with the fox distributor and service centre in Hong Kong, as that's what their head technician told me when I asked why my forks got stiffer at the end of a couple of minutes downhill in the middle of Hong Kong Summer (about 33 degrees and high humidity). His words were 'the air expands due to the heat so the pressure increases. The forks btw were six months old and on their first full service. I'm not so savvy with fork tech so I accepted what he said as it seemed to make sense, but am happy to be educated if there is a reason other than what the fox technician said.
    Yes air pressure inside the chamber increases due to the heat, an this is a factor that the coli spring fork eliminates We're speaking of a 5% air pressure increase for a 13 deg delta, not a huge effect.
    Another factor is that the oil in the damper decrease his viscosity due to the heat, so you end up with a less dampened fork. This will not vary with a coil fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    [QUOTE=savo;11615520]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally Ho View Post
    Another factor is that the oil in the damper decrease his viscosity due to the heat, so you end up with a less dampened fork. This will not vary with a coil fork.
    The damper will not see any decreased susceptibility to heat with a coil vs. air. The only difference will be with the spring side, but if the sensation is that the fork is stiffer, then the air spring is the problem. Damper oil is much more resistant to heat than air is anyways, so I doubt that's the issue.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally Ho View Post
    I live in a hot jungle environment and my current 2014 fox air forks often grow firmer due to the fork air expanding in the heat. Would the 350ncr titanium resolve this problem being a coil?
    I can see that, I have had to burp air out of forks when I go up to elevation and have seen this across the board for all forks, coil or air but for sure more so on some brands than others and having a coil is better for that reason. I can see how a high humidity, hotter environment can lead to the same type of situation so it stands to reason a coil would be better off than a total air in that case.

Keep in mind the NCR Ti also uses air as the preload so you will still have to adjust it most likely.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

The biggest thing with suspension is getting the air out of the damper system.. IF you don't the performance falls off really fast and the oil gets aerated.
    All of these are great points for discussion. thanks for bringing them all up!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

_y5
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    This question might be better asked in a new thread since most comments are about the 350 series, however, I'm wondering if anyone has ridden the 2015 320 LR and their opinion of the fork.

I'm building a new 650b hardtail (either a Chinese carbon or the Commencal Meta Trail) and the 320 LR looks good, but I found a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV0vup7g_WE of the 2014 version ) and the fork really goes through its travel and I'm concerned it will be overwhelmed and pack down on short, rocky downhill sections.

Unlike the 350CR, it looks like I lose the ability to change the compression setting on the 320 LR. Wouldn't the compression setting allow me to control the progression of the fork so I don't go through all my travel but still have good small bump compliance?

Also, the fork in the video has the better coating on the stanchions. The 2015 320 LR has the silver coating and I'm wondering how this affects small bump compliance?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Just wanted to give a quick props to Marz USA. I sent my 350 CR in last week after rounding out the damper side foot nut, and I just got word that my fork is on its way back to me. 10mm travel spacer was installed and foot nut was replaced all at no cost to me. That's great service.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _y5 View Post
    This question might be better asked in a new thread since most comments are about the 350 series, however, I'm wondering if anyone has ridden the 2015 320 LR and their opinion of the fork.

I'm building a new 650b hardtail (either a Chinese carbon or the Commencal Meta Trail) and the 320 LR looks good, but I found a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV0vup7g_WE of the 2014 version ) and the fork really goes through its travel and I'm concerned it will be overwhelmed and pack down on short, rocky downhill sections.

Unlike the 350CR, it looks like I lose the ability to change the compression setting on the 320 LR. Wouldn't the compression setting allow me to control the progression of the fork so I don't go through all my travel but still have good small bump compliance?

Also, the fork in the video has the better coating on the stanchions. The 2015 320 LR has the silver coating and I'm wondering how this affects small bump compliance?

Thanks.
    I'm curious what air pressure that person in the video is running. because of the proximity and fish-eye lens the fork looks like it is at 120mm also (not that it really matters).

The LR you would be getting for your 650b wheel (should you decide to get it) will use the same LR system as the 29" models like in this video but it will use the new lowers and crown (Marzocchi Shaves Up to 185g From 320 XC Forks, Updates Offset for 29ers) and won't be available for a while still. I haven't spent a lot of time on the LR model but it does have a fixed compression system in it leaving you to add air to it if you want it firmer. I have an LCR on my 29r hard tail and it works the same as the 350 NCR series in terms of compression adjustability.

I'd have to lump the 320 LR series into the 350 R category (albeit with an air spring, not coil): a solid, entry-level value oriented fork. Nothing fancy, reliable performance but no bells or whistles.

As far as stanchion coating, there is a noticeable difference in stiction between the espresso coating and any other coating we have used in the past or present (including the standard natural which is what comes on the LR models). nothing can be 100% stictionless but the espresso coated forks, once they are used for about an hour or so and all oil is working inside and everything is all lubed internally any stiction is virtually unnoticeable.

All that said, the LR model is a performance part but not a "high performance" part. It is a great every-mans fork but I wouldn't call it a pro level race fork like the LCR models. Hope that helped.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    Just wanted to give a quick props to Marz USA. I sent my 350 CR in last week after rounding out the damper side foot nut, and I just got word that my fork is on its way back to me. 10mm travel spacer was installed and foot nut was replaced all at no cost to me. That's great service.
    Fantastic! I am happy we were able to take care of you. With only 5 people here in the US doing the work of at least 10 we put customer service above everything, especially with anything technical.

cheers!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You know, these days I really value reputation and customer service more than just about anything. If they seem passionate and knowledgeable about their products or services, and are genuinely caring for the customers, then I feel confident about buying their products or using their service and am happy to pay. But too much lately I have been lied to and cheated by companies (particularly car and bike dealers) and I feel like there's nobody that I can go to that is honest or helpful. It's like, if I want or need something, I just have to accept that I'm going to get poor service and pay way too much for it.

So sure, there are some products that I may actually prefer or that will perform better but if their service reputation sucks, screw them! One example is the Point One pedals. I read that many people were getting no responses from customer service and were having their warranties denied whereas with Canfield pedals, they were getting quick responses and were always covered if something happened. I've also heard some questionable things about BOS service which I was originally planning to go with but I am impressed by Marzocchi's dedication and support recently so it looks like I'll be going with their fork and shock instead.

mtbr member
    Yeah, this thread and response from Marzocchi_USA was the primary reason why I chose 350 CR, which I'll finally lay my hands on today or tomorrow, hope it had a good journey across Atlantic. I'll post some images later. Also, I am now considering buying 053 shock when it will become available - US price for the shock is nothing but awesome.

Sedona, Az USA
    This thread is why I have a 350CR instead of a Fox36. Putting the SKF seals in this week.

IMG_20141124_162607.jpg Photo by Jimmy-pop | Photobucket

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
    You know, these days I really value reputation and customer service more than just about anything. If they seem passionate and knowledgeable about their products or services, and are genuinely caring for the customers, then I feel confident about buying their products or using their service and am happy to pay. But too much lately I have been lied to and cheated by companies (particularly car and bike dealers) and I feel like there's nobody that I can go to that is honest or helpful. It's like, if I want or need something, I just have to accept that I'm going to get poor service and pay way too much for it.

So sure, there are some products that I may actually prefer or that will perform better but if their service reputation sucks, screw them! One example is the Point One pedals. I read that many people were getting no responses from customer service and were having their warranties denied whereas with Canfield pedals, they were getting quick responses and were always covered if something happened. I've also heard some questionable things about BOS service which I was originally planning to go with but I am impressed by Marzocchi's dedication and support recently so it looks like I'll be going with their fork and shock instead.
    As a consumer myself I feel the same way and I approach my job here at Marzocchi from that mindset.. "a consumer, not customer." the difference (to me) there is that a consumer is one who purchases products from a variety of sources. A customer is one who only buys from a particular source. So the way I see it everyone is a consumer and so all consumers deserve the same respect and dignity as every customer but if you were just a customer I could expect you to just throw your money at me so your respect is not necessary as it is expected.

No matter where I am or what I am buying (bike parts to bananas) I look at the world that way and if I am not receiving that respect and dignity from any particular source I refuse to do business with that company. I know Marzocchi has failed in the past with that service/respect but all of us here in the US office are trying to change that for the better for sure. We may not have the best products for everyone (case in point..we don't have a banging NCR 26" fork,just the 55 CR) but we can offer best in class support and service to all consumers..from those that just want decals to those that want forks and shocks. It is a long road and time will tell but every revolution starts with a spark. As long as my colleagues here can keep up and keep fighting the good fight for everyone we will be good and everyone wins.

And to be fair and play advocate for Point 1 (I don't even own a pair) was going through lots and lots of growing pains as well as monitory issues and have been acquired by Gamut so service should be pretty spot on soon enough. I may even need to start riding flats again.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

_y5
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi_USA View Post
    I'm curious what air pressure that person in the video is running. because of the proximity and fish-eye lens the fork looks like it is at 120mm also (not that it really matters).

The LR you would be getting for your 650b wheel (should you decide to get it) will use the same LR system as the 29" models like in this video but it will use the new lowers and crown (Marzocchi Shaves Up to 185g From 320 XC Forks, Updates Offset for 29ers) and won't be available for a while still. I haven't spent a lot of time on the LR model but it does have a fixed compression system in it leaving you to add air to it if you want it firmer. I have an LCR on my 29r hard tail and it works the same as the 350 NCR series in terms of compression adjustability.

I'd have to lump the 320 LR series into the 350 R category (albeit with an air spring, not coil): a solid, entry-level value oriented fork. Nothing fancy, reliable performance but no bells or whistles.

As far as stanchion coating, there is a noticeable difference in stiction between the espresso coating and any other coating we have used in the past or present (including the standard natural which is what comes on the LR models). nothing can be 100% stictionless but the espresso coated forks, once they are used for about an hour or so and all oil is working inside and everything is all lubed internally any stiction is virtually unnoticeable.

All that said, the LR model is a performance part but not a "high performance" part. It is a great every-mans fork but I wouldn't call it a pro level race fork like the LCR models. Hope that helped.
    Is it possible to send the 320 LR to Marzocchi to have the compression changed it I don't like the default setting?

No doubt the espresso coating is better, I'm just trying to determine the quality of coating on the 320 LR. I would hope it would be better than on my current Fox fork which I would guess is about 6 years old and equivalent to my old Bomber which was very plush (of course it was a coil fork). Also it looks like the LR has the same seals as the 320 LCR. I would think this would help with stiction.

Finally, any chance the 320 LCR will be offered in black?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    nice make sure you re do the air system with the Molykote. Mix it with a thicker shock oil and then tune the air chamber to your personal riding. Im going to make a injector tool so I can remove the valve core on my air side of the fork and add oil if needed down the road.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _y5 View Post
    Is it possible to send the 320 LR to Marzocchi to have the compression changed it I don't like the default setting?

No doubt the espresso coating is better, I'm just trying to determine the quality of coating on the 320 LR. I would hope it would be better than on my current Fox fork which I would guess is about 6 years old and equivalent to my old Bomber which was very plush (of course it was a coil fork). Also it looks like the LR has the same seals as the 320 LCR. I would think this would help with stiction.

Finally, any chance the 320 LCR will be offered in black?
    The compression system on the LR models is fixed but the LCR models can be adjusted by us in house.

The natural coating (non-espresso) is a hard anodize finish probably the same as the Fox Evolution line. Without knowing their exact process I can't say for sure but it seems identical. Seals of the LR and LCR are the same for the 44mm offset but with the 51mm offset and 27.5" models they have a custom single seal system exclusive to those lower castings. These seals are lighter and have less friction than the standard black seals.

The LCR is white but black lowers will exist. the LCR Carbon comes in black and its lowers are the same as the LR and LCR non-carbon.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I've installed my 350 CR yesterday. Now I'm planning to order some green decals . Also I'm disappointed travel spacer wasn't included with the fork (ordered from Krakotoa bikes). And now I'm having 160/130 travel, yes GT made their Sensor X with 150/130, but 160 is a little to much. Now I'm thinking to buy 190x51 053 and make something like their aluminum Force X 2015 or just order travel spacer and reduce travel to 140
    Marzocchi - Better late than never-dsc08746.jpg

The fork feels nice, a lot better than the Sektor, but I wasn't able to ride it much: snow and ice aren't great conditions to ride and it is getting dark early..

Oh, and the thing I love most by now - it is plush, but it doesn't dive much under braking! To keep sektor plush I ran 35% sag(well, it was diving heavily even with 20% sag) and it was diving like hell under braking.
    Last edited by graved1gger; 12-15-2014 at 04:52 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm glad you guys are enjoying your forks I've had mine about 3 weeks now but I still can't finish the bike yet!

Mine didn't come with a spacer either but the local distributor (Windave) sent me one for free. Dropping the travel was a piece of cake.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    I'm glad you guys are enjoying your forks I've had mine about 3 weeks now but I still can't finish the bike yet!

Mine didn't come with a spacer either but the local distributor (Windave) sent me one for free. Dropping the travel was a piece of cake.
    I've ridden a few kms but, it doesn't mean that the bike is finished. I'm still waiting for narrow-wide chainring and 42t sprocket, they should arrive soon.

The thing is, I have no local official Marzocchi dealer in my country at the moment. Guess I'll have to buy the spacer from ebay.

just some guy
    Hi, I'm an XC rider interested in the 650b 320 LCR Carbon to replace my MRP Loop, which is a good fork but which is quite heavy. Are the 2015 models out in shops now? Are there any full-on reviews of this fork? I couldn't find any online.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by graved1gger View Post
    I've installed my 350 CR yesterday. Now I'm planning to order some green decals . Also I'm disappointed travel spacer wasn't included with the fork (ordered from Krakotoa bikes). And now I'm having 160/130 travel, yes GT made their Sensor X with 150/130, but 160 is a little to much. Now I'm thinking to buy 190x51 053 and make something like their aluminum Force X 2015 or just order travel spacer and reduce travel to 140
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08746.JPG 
Views:	1613 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	946819

The fork feels nice, a lot better than the Sektor, but I wasn't able to ride it much: snow and ice aren't great conditions to ride and it is getting dark early..

Oh, and the thing I love most by now - it is plush, but it doesn't dive much under braking! To keep sektor plush I ran 35% sag(well, it was diving heavily even with 20% sag) and it was diving like hell under braking.
    @graved1gger, call up our tech or sales office here in Long Beach and we'll get you that reducer. The service needs to be done by a shop to keep warranty intact however.

also, if you want, email me and I'll set you up with the file for those gree decals. I have them at the ready.

dmeredith@marzocchiusa.com

cheers!

DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Hi, I'm an XC rider interested in the 650b 320 LCR Carbon to replace my MRP Loop, which is a good fork but which is quite heavy. Are the 2015 models out in shops now? Are there any full-on reviews of this fork? I couldn't find any online.
    not yet, I'll be seeing the 27.5 models in early spring, probably around Sea Otter time
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

just some guy
    not yet, I'll be seeing the 27.5 models in early spring, probably around Sea Otter time
    Ok, so this is not new product then?: Marzocchi 320 LCR Carbon Forks - 15mm 2015 | Chain Reaction Cycles

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I'm looking into that now. I was informed that fork wasn't slated for final production until January with production release in April. Maybe CRC has some pre-production models. I had one here but had to ship it to a distributor in S. America so I know the fork exists and works. I have an LR model of it here too but only one that is part of my marketing sample set that I can't sell.

the plot thickens...
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

just some guy
    I'm looking into that now...

the plot thickens...
    Woah, that's odd. I figured that maybe an order would turn into a pre-order for product that wouldn't actually exist for a few months...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Woah, that's odd. I figured that maybe an order would turn into a pre-order for product that wouldn't actually exist for a few months...
    yeah, I don't know. We are looking into it. I had my sales guy contact CRC to get the scoop. It they have them then cool, they got lucky and we got the short straw. :-/
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    when is that rear shock going to be floatin around the US...

mtbr member
    As a consumer myself I feel the same way and I approach my job here at Marzocchi from that mindset.. "a consumer, not customer." the difference (to me) there is that a consumer is one who purchases products from a variety of sources. A customer is one who only buys from a particular source. So the way I see it everyone is a consumer and so all consumers deserve the same respect and dignity as every customer but if you were just a customer I could expect you to just throw your money at me so your respect is not necessary as it is expected.
    Big words!
    Respect for that!
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Subscribed!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BenHolloway View Post
    when is that rear shock going to be floatin around the US...
    the 053 and 023 (I still wish they went with the original names of Edge and Zola) are due around the same time as the 27.5 XC forks in early-mid spring (Sea Otter-ish)
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Wow, Edge and Zola were cute names.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Wow, Edge and Zola were cute names.
    at least you wouldn't be tripping over numbers constantly :-/
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I'll write it here.

David, thank you for the decals and your posts in this thread. Best support ever. I wish every manufacturer had the same support.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I'll write it here.

David, thank you for the decals and your posts in this thread. Best support ever. I wish every manufacturer had the same support.
    Thanks sir! I hope those files work out for you. make sure to post images when you get them made!

cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Been following this thread for a while now and i think i am in the market for a set of 350 CR forks.

What i cannot find is any info on self service intervals. With the pikes i dropped the lowers every 50 - 80 hours of riding and cleaned and re-lubed.

Any info would be gratefully received,

thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    For the 15 minutes it takes to do a lower service on the fork I would do it more to be honest. Rock Shox Pikes personally I think they should be done every 20 to 25 hours. They have no lubrication in them at all.

20-25 cc in each leg. 7 wt or I adjust depending in air temp its colder out so I went lighter... Use Molykote on the seals and the air piston.

THe guys in Vancouver told me they are working on some service videos for the future. ??

Sedona, Az USA
    Just got the SKF seals & Molykote 55 treatment done on the 350 CR. Feels great.

mtbr member
    Hey All,

Recently ordered a Yeti SB6C frame and now need a fork to fit it!!

I am down to the new fox 36 and the 350 NCR, the only non Zoke I have ever ridden is my current 2011 36 fork going back to the mid 90's. I really want the NCR, convince me its the one!

Only thing that bugs me on the NCR is that handlebar remote, I see that as silly for a 160 fork, I would not mount that thing. Can I get my hands on the replacement knobs? There is a video posted by Marzocchi that just showed up on youtube showing how to replace, easy enough, but where do I get the parts? Better yet, can I order the fork with the non-remote version?

Pretty excited to see the quality on the Zokes is back, really want the Zoke, but have tested the new 36 and its pretty nice too. Anyone have any bad experience with the new 36?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Only thing that bugs me on the NCR is that handlebar remote, I see that as silly for a 160 fork, I would not mount that thing. Can I get my hands on the replacement knobs? There is a video posted by Marzocchi that just showed up on youtube showing how to replace, easy enough, but where do I get the parts? Better yet, can I order the fork with the non-remote version?
    My NCR came with a replacement knob, 2 travel reduction spacers and a shock pump. I did not want the remote either so this is what it looks like now:

Marzocchi - Better late than never-img_20141224_150222.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by psycle-on View Post
    My NCR came with a replacement knob, 2 travel reduction spacers and a shock pump. I did not want the remote either so this is what it looks like now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141224_150222.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	949747
    Interesting, where did you order from? and even more importantly, how does that thing ride??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    My local shop got it for me.
    I really like the ride compared to the Fox 34 that came on the bike. I have not ridden a Pike so I can't say how it compares there.
    It has a lot more small bump sensitivity and on big hits it does not give the harsh bottom that the Fox did. I am still trying to fine tune the air pressure and compression damping but I am getting really close.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by psycle-on View Post
    My local shop got it for me.
    I really like the ride compared to the Fox 34 that came on the bike. I have not ridden a Pike so I can't say how it compares there.
    It has a lot more small bump sensitivity and on big hits it does not give the harsh bottom that the Fox did. I am still trying to fine tune the air pressure and compression damping but I am getting really close.
    Copy that, thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Marzocchi - Better late than never

The Pinkbike preview made a comment on there being a remote option for the 053 S3C2R. Any ideas if this will be an aftermarket option or whether there will be remote specific shocks that are not reversible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Was just comparing A2C dimensions between the 2015 350 NCR, and 2015 fox 36 RC2. Is the NCR really 20mm taller? That's almost an inch!!

I am building up a yeti sb6, and with the fox it has a 65.5 head angle. I am drooling over the NCR, but not sure I want that head angle a whole lot slacker.

I see the NCR is 557 mm, and the fox is 537 mm. I know the 36 is shorter this year, but dang, I might be stuck with the fox unless I am missing something.

Any thoughts?

Big Test Icycles

How has the axel on the new forks been working out. I had problems with it on my last 55 (2012 micro Ti) and it looks like they are using the same system. I'd love to get back to a Zoke again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by subydoo View Post
    Was just comparing A2C dimensions between the 2015 350 NCR, and 2015 fox 36 RC2. Is the NCR really 20mm taller? That's almost an inch!!

I am building up a yeti sb6, and with the fox it has a 65.5 head angle. I am drooling over the NCR, but not sure I want that head angle a whole lot slacker.

I see the NCR is 557 mm, and the fox is 537 mm. I know the 36 is shorter this year, but dang, I might be stuck with the fox unless I am missing something.

Any thoughts?
    The 350 is 557mm tall, correct.
    but isn't the Fox 36 650b 160mm supposed to be 549mm?

It's an 8mm difference.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    The 350 is 557mm tall, correct.
    but isn't the Fox 36 650b 160mm supposed to be 549mm?

It's an 8mm difference.
    Looks like I was using the 26" number, agreed 8mm not enough to worry about!

mtbr member
    Looks great - where did you get the SKF seals?

I have a new CR 350 and like the fork a lot but am still having some stiction which I'm not too crazy about. I know some people have greased the lowers and added new oil which helps but I wouldn't mind doing the seals as well.

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel View Post
    Just got the SKF seals & Molykote 55 treatment done on the 350 CR. Feels great.

Last edited by three3nine; 12-27-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

Sedona, Az USA
    I got the seals direct from Marzocchi and the Molykote 55 from Amazon.com

The fork feels great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty125 View Post
    Wondered if anyone could explain why this streak like wear is appearing on stanchions that are less than 4 months old.

Attachment 935098
    Hmmm I can only say that something isn't right with coating or bushings. Mine 380 espresso coat, looks like crap after 4 hours of riding in normal conditions..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marzocchi - Better late than never-img_20141229_132437.jpg  

mtbr member
    Tymbarek - your 380 looks like that after only a few hours?

Been wanting to pull the trigger on a 350 NCR, but this concerns me. Saw this post a while back, was hoping it was an isolated incident...

May just have to buy the fox 36
    Last edited by subydoo; 12-29-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Misspelling

mtbr member
    It seems like an isolated incident, may be something to do with bushings, because my 350 CR made it through the tough rainy day fine. It has only ~8 hours of riding, but so far so good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I have over 1000 kms on mine they look like that. Im not to concerned My Inline DB air on the rear is doing the same. I know that everything is lubricated and runs smooth. I guess im not too fussy about stuff like this

mtbr member
    I have over 1000 kms on mine they look like that. Im not to concerned My Inline DB air on the rear is doing the same. I know that everything is lubricated and runs smooth. I guess im not too fussy about stuff like this
    Wow, problems like that after only 1000 km, I am way too fussy to deal with that. My db air cs does not show any of those type marks after a season, and my fox 36 Kashima from 2011 does not either.

Are you running the 350 CR or NCR? The NCR is the espresso coating right?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    My 350 CR 2014 (espresso coating) which had stiction and then developed the wear marks were warrantied very quickly. The replacement was much plusher with almost no stiction.

mtbr member
    My 350 CR 2014 (espresso coating) which had stiction and then developed the wear marks were warrantied very quickly. The replacement was much plusher with almost no stiction.
    As I recall your photo - that wasn't espresso, that was gold race coating.

update:
    it sure looks like gold race coating
    Wondered if anyone could explain why this streak like wear is appearing on stanchions that are less than 4 months old.

Attachment 935098

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Yes you are right it is the gold race coating it is a bit confusing as it is a darker colour than the race coating on the 2014 55.

Oh someone I know also had the streaking/bushing issues on his 55 CR.

EDIT I was also told that Marzocchi were aware of the issue.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hmmmm. mine only has marks but in daylight they are almost invisible, they show up when use light from my LED flashlight. What about stiction my 380 has none I mean comparing to my previous nickel coated 380 from 2014 there is no stiction.

mtbr member
    Any new developments regarding the dropper post? Excited to learn more!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Will the 35mm enduro fork seal kit (sold by RWC) for the 55 work with the 350? Also, is molykote 33 an acceptable alternative to the 55? All I have is 33 at the moment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by macthekife View Post
    Been following this thread for a while now and i think i am in the market for a set of 350 CR forks.

What i cannot find is any info on self service intervals. With the pikes i dropped the lowers every 50 - 80 hours of riding and cleaned and re-lubed.

Any info would be gratefully received,

thanks
    About every 100-ish hours of riding is our standard service interval. Generally twice a year for the average rider is fine though.

I've been traveling over the Holidays with no internet so I apologize for not getting back to this sooner.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by larry08 View Post
    Will the 35mm enduro fork seal kit (sold by RWC) for the 55 work with the 350? Also, is molykote 33 an acceptable alternative to the 55? All I have is 33 at the moment.
    I can't say if the RWC seals will work or not, I don't have any experience with them. If they are designed for our forks then they should be fine.

as far as the Molykote, don't use anything but the one specific for O-rings.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Any new developments regarding the dropper post? Excited to learn more!
    we are shooting for Sea otter time for release. Don't quote me on that though as we may push it to early summer.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by subydoo View Post
    Hey All,

Recently ordered a Yeti SB6C frame and now need a fork to fit it!!

I am down to the new fox 36 and the 350 NCR, the only non Zoke I have ever ridden is my current 2011 36 fork going back to the mid 90's. I really want the NCR, convince me its the one!

Pretty excited to see the quality on the Zokes is back, really want the Zoke, but have tested the new 36 and its pretty nice too. Anyone have any bad experience with the new 36?

Thanks
    only the NCR Air has the remote but it also comes with the lever replacement parts in the box to swap it out. I'm not a fan of extra levers myself so we all made a point to have that as an option (for the US at least)
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum1 View Post
    The Pinkbike preview made a comment on there being a remote option for the 053 S3C2R. Any ideas if this will be an aftermarket option or whether there will be remote specific shocks that are not reversible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't seen a remote option for the 053 yet so I can not confirm nor deny it exists.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    How has the axel on the new forks been working out. I had problems with it on my last 55 (2012 micro Ti) and it looks like they are using the same system. I'd love to get back to a Zoke again.
    I haven't seen any issues with the axle system. the older ones with the hook clip dealy are gone and the new ones work just like a standard QR. If any issues come up with it within 2-years it will be warrantied though.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I've had a couple of rides on my 350 CR now, I love it. Coming from a Revelation RTL ti the Marz is incredibly stiff and supportive under low speed movements, when sprinting it stays high in the travel and is very supportive during cornering. It's got me looking at upgrading the rear shock now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Why did Marzocchi decide to go with less offset on the 350 compared to other manufacturers? At 40mm offset on the 350, that is less than any 27.5 fork that I'm aware of and less than Marzocchi's own 26" forks(55cr @ 44mm). Seems backwards to me. Can someone help me why Marz seems to have gone a different direction with offset than the norm, which is to increase offset as wheel size increases? I''m trying to decide between the value of the 350cr compared to the established Pike as my fork on a Transition Scout build. I was leaning towards the 350 due to my experience with the 55 CR, and cost, but when I seen the offset I was a bit unsure. Thanks for any info

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSmitty View Post
    Why did Marzocchi decide to go with less offset on the 350 compared to other manufacturers? At 40mm offset on the 350, that is less than any 27.5 fork that I'm aware of and less than Marzocchi's own 26" forks(55cr @ 44mm). Seems backwards to me. Can someone help me why Marz seems to have gone a different direction with offset than the norm, which is to increase offset as wheel size increases?
    +1
    same question here.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Why did Marzocchi decide to go with less offset on the 350 compared to other manufacturers? At 40mm offset on the 350, that is less than any 27.5 fork that I'm aware of and less than Marzocchi's own 26" forks(55cr @ 44mm). Seems backwards to me. Can someone help me why Marz seems to have gone a different direction with offset than the norm, which is to increase offset as wheel size increases? I''m trying to decide between the value of the 350cr compared to the established Pike as my fork on a Transition Scout build. I was leaning towards the 350 due to my experience with the 55 CR, and cost, but when I seen the offset I was a bit unsure. Thanks for any info
    Just a thought, possibly to keep the wheel base shorter? Similar to the 26 inch wheeled bikes we are used to riding.

mtbr member
    Any reviews or rider feedback from the 350 NCR Ti? I'm still a coil kind of guy and would like to know if coil forks are progressing at all. Air has progressed amazingly well in the last few years but towards the end of a long DH run they tend to spike or stiffen up a bit.
    2150 grams for a coil fork is insane! A little bit more than 300 grams over the pike but it's a coil!! Remember when a fork under 3,000 grams was a light weight? Yeah all the waaaay back to 2012. Old school.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    +1
    same question here.
    the pike is 42 mm so not much difference at 40 mm and with larger wheels your suppose to bring the offset in anyways to keep the rake/trail in check

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silliker269 View Post
    the pike is 42 mm so not much difference at 40 mm and with larger wheels your suppose to bring the offset in anyways to keep the rake/trail in check
    not really, with larger wheels you're actually supposed to build more offset in your fork to keep the trail in check.

I agree that 40mm is not too different from Rock Shock's 42mm offset, but I'm surprised that Marzocchi went down to 40mm coming from the 44mm offset of its 26 inch 55 fork, when - as said - the increased wheel diameter would call for increased fork offset as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Yeah your right savo my bad, that is strange why they went the other way

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Perhaps they wanted to focus on hard hitting and high speed stability. Therefore, stiff fork with a bit more trail being a bit more suitable for the often rough Italian/Alpine terrain?
    Last edited by CS645; 01-14-2015 at 02:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Silliker269 View Post
    Yeah your right savo my bad, that is strange why they went the other way
    I'm not sure either. I asked and was told that is what it needed to be. I think it had to do with some of the bikes our engineers were working with. We have always been known for doing our own thing though.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Pike has 42mm offset and 552mm axle to crown. On the other hand 350 ncr has 40mm offset and 557mm axle to crown. Maybe Marzocchi by reducing the offset of the fork tries not to change the geometry of a bike(make it slacker).

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by looperx View Post
    Pike has 42mm offset and 552mm axle to crown. On the other hand 350 ncr has 40mm offset and 557mm axle to crown. Maybe Marzocchi by reducing the offset of the fork tries not to change the geometry of a bike(make it slacker).
    I'll send this question to our engineering staff and see what they have to say about it and report back when I hear back

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by looperx View Post
    I believe it would go the other way to maintain the same trail number. The higher axle to crown on the 350 would make for a slacker head angle, which would need a higher offset to keep the same trail figure as the lower, steeper head angle Pike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    A little late to the party but I've just ordered some 2014 350CR's and must admit the amount of support & info on this thread deffinately swayed me. Not owned any Marzocchis since my Z1 BAMs & even those were still plenty plush until I sold them last year. Really looking forward to getting my hands on the 350's as I'll be coming from a fox 32 :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by feville View Post
    A little late to the party but I've just ordered some 2014 350CR's and must admit the amount of support & info on this thread deffinately swayed me. Not owned any Marzocchis since my Z1 BAMs & even those were still plenty plush until I sold them last year. Really looking forward to getting my hands on the 350's as I'll be coming from a fox 32 :-)
    cool deal @Feville, thanks for the props. I am trying for sure to get the word out and assist where/when needed.

cheers!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Been looking for reviews of the NCR Ti but nothing out there. I want to know people's comparisons between the NCR/NCR Ti and the Fox 36. I currently have a Pike that is alright but I'm not in love with it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    Been looking for reviews of the NCR Ti but nothing out there. I want to know people's comparisons between the NCR/NCR Ti and the Fox 36. I currently have a Pike that is alright but I'm not in love with it.
    I haven't seen any head to head comparisons yet. I'd love to though. I've only seen some reviews by rideio.com and enduro-mag.com
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hey guys, just tried to drop the lowers on my 350 CR's after reading in this thread about them being low on oil. Firstly this is spot on as there wasn't even a tea spoon of oil in the air side, however, when I went to undo the bolt on the damper side it promptly rounded off. Thinking to myself that I couldn't be arsed to return them I tried to tap in a 5.5 mm allen key instead and the alloy split.
    Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the assembly to see which part I need as I very much doubt warranty will be honoured after my actions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Whatever material they use for the damper side foot nut is utter crap - I had the same thing happen with mine. You just have to be extra careful about making sure the allen is FULLY inserted into the footnut before you put any pressure on it.

You can find some more detail earlier in this thread, but I would send the fork to Marz - they have excellent service and totally took care of me. They did not charge for replacing the footnut and also checked oil levels and installed a travel spacer at no cost. My only payment was the $20 for shipping to them.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thanks for the answer, I think that's what I'll do, hopefully I get the same great service you got in the States.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Here's a pic of the 350CR on my Giant Trance.

So first ride impressions were very good, the fork has completely transformed the bike (prob not that hard coming from a Fox 32) it still climbs well (i put up with the climbs to enjoy the downs) being a 160mm rather than stock 140mm but point it down hill and it inspires so much confidence. Really pleased with the way it sits up in its travel, tracks the ground and just does everything i wanted it to.

Kudos to Marzocchi

Is this low oil level a pretty common issue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marzocchi - Better late than never-img_20150117_144417.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice! I just fit my 350CR as well but WILL be lowering it to 150mm (140 was stock)...Just want to avoid too high a BB and messing with the geo too much. I did contact Marz (I live 10 minutes from them USA) and they have no plans making a shock to fit the Kona Process line, it is a proprietary setup. Bummer, looks like a DBInline for me!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider View Post
    I believe it would go the other way to maintain the same trail number. The higher axle to crown on the 350 would make for a slacker head angle, which would need a higher offset to keep the same trail figure as the lower, steeper head angle Pike.
    You are right. So if i put a 350 NCR on my bike, it will become slacker with more trail in comparison with a pike....
    Last edited by looperx; 01-18-2015 at 04:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Which meauserments do the required shims for the 053 shock have and will they be available at the same time as the shock is released?
    Or are those shims available at a MX Shop?

Because I read the motoc2r has a bit too soft shimstack especcially referring to the midvalving for heavier riders around the 90 Kilos as a standard shimstack of course cannot cover every common riders weight and riding style. Besides Ill perhaps have to tune the shock for my bikes leverage ratio anyway.
    Anyway looking forward to getting this shock mounted in my beloved machine :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Brake-neck View Post
    Hey guys, just tried to drop the lowers on my 350 CR's after reading in this thread about them being low on oil. Firstly this is spot on as there wasn't even a tea spoon of oil in the air side, however, when I went to undo the bolt on the damper side it promptly rounded off. Thinking to myself that I couldn't be arsed to return them I tried to tap in a 5.5 mm allen key instead and the alloy split.
    Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the assembly to see which part I need as I very much doubt warranty will be honoured after my actions.
    I hate to say it but you are a little boned there. The nuts are interference fitted and should only be removed by a service center. there shouldn't be any oil inside the air chamber anyway, maybe only a touch for lubrication (aprox 20cc).

We have had a few forks come in that got boogered up by people trying to take them apart so just be honest with your service center and hopefully they will offer leniency with you
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bansaiman View Post
    Which meauserments do the required shims for the 053 shock have and will they be available at the same time as the shock is released?
    Or are those shims available at a MX Shop?

Because I read the motoc2r has a bit too soft shimstack especcially referring to the midvalving for heavier riders around the 90 Kilos as a standard shimstack of course cannot cover every common riders weight and riding style. Besides Ill perhaps have to tune the shock for my bikes leverage ratio anyway.
    Anyway looking forward to getting this shock mounted in my beloved machine :-)
    I haven't heard here in the US about that yet. Our engineers are coming over at the end of the month to give us the full rundown on them however. Feel free to email us after the 29th with the same question: tech@marzocchiusa.com

cheers!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    The guys that have replaced seals with SKF's. Did you replace both dust & oil seals. If so how easy is it to seat the oil seals?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    To MarzocchiUSA :

Any idea of when the 053 shocks will be released in Canada? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by guim View Post
    To MarzocchiUSA :

Any idea of when the 053 shocks will be released in Canada? Thanks!
    sometime in April-May I'm told. Canada will get them when the US gets them, all the Canada stock is shipped from here in the US.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cool, thanks! Right on time for when the riding season starts here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    sometime in April-May I'm told. Canada will get them when the US gets them, all the Canada stock is shipped from here in the US.

Do you have detailed pics of the 053 damping unit? Cannot find any on the internet.would be nice to compare.
    Is there a proper midvalving?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bansaiman View Post
    Do you have detailed pics of the 053 damping unit? Cannot find any on the internet.would be nice to compare.
    Is there a proper midvalving?
    I have a PDF of it. the shock is essentially our Moto but as an air sprung unit.
    email me at marketing@marzocchiusa.com and I can send you the PDF
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast