Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    A Vanilla R would mostly compare to our 350 R model. A fixed compression, air sprung with rebound adjustment. The cartridges can be swapped for an NCR but you would need a bunch of parts with it. I'd just do the 350 CR and call it a day, its a solid fork for a good price with compression and rebound adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by snax001 View Post
    How does the vanilla 'r' model compare to the others in the line up? Is it possible to upgrade the internals of the 'r' to the 'ncr'?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    There is a full lockout lever on the NCR models and the lockout has a preset blowoff

Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Not a complete lockout but rather a firm up dial. Scroll 1/3 of the way down:

First Look: What?s new in the Wide Open warehouse | Spoke Magazine
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi_USA View Post
    A Vanilla R would mostly compare to our 350 R model. A fixed compression, air sprung with rebound adjustment. The cartridges can be swapped for an NCR but you would need a bunch of parts with it. I'd just do the 350 CR and call it a day, its a solid fork for a good price with compression and rebound adjustments.
    Thanks for the response. Having a marzocchi representative on a user forum is a real asset.

The reason I ask is because a 2015 bike comes with the 350r as OEM and I wanted to know what the options were aftermarket (when I said "vanilla r" I meant the 350r as opposed to the 350cr by I realise I strayed into fox's branding).

After I wrote my original post, I realised I haven't ridden on anything but marzocchis for 15 years! Legendary reliability that I never noticed and completely took for granted.

'98 Z1 BAMs on my single speed Specialized and Z1 drop offs on my 01 rm6! They are both still going strong and coping with my crappy riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks, I do my best. Which bike does that 350R come on?

the R model is a no nonsense fork with an air spring, fixed compression and a nice, rebound system (same rebound as our CR models).

Thanks for the response. Having a marzocchi representative on a user forum is a real asset.

The reason I ask is because a 2015 bike comes with the 350r as OEM and I wanted to know what the options were aftermarket (when I said "vanilla r" I meant the 350r as opposed to the 350cr by I realise I strayed into fox's branding).

After I wrote my original post, I realised I haven't ridden on anything but marzocchis for 15 years! Legendary reliability that I never noticed and completely took for granted.

'98 Z1 BAMs on my single speed Specialized and Z1 drop offs on my 01 rm6! They are both still going strong and coping with my crappy riding.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey DM,

Big thanks for the extra photos on facebook, I've just checked them out and its looking fantastic!

Many thanks for the information about the lockout, it sounds about right for my needs, basically long pedally road/gravel tracks to the trail heads by me and the current 66's i get about 40mm of bob when seated! so something a bit firmer would be great.

I hope that they make a UK Appearance soon! I will get in touch with my dealer to see if they can put in an order asap.

Keep up the good work!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    thanks and very welcome.

hit up SOLENT UK LTD. T/A WINDWAVE
    Service Center
    United Kingdom
    Units D2-D3 - Heritage Business Park - Heritage Way - Gosport Hants PO12 4BG
    Phone: +44 (0)23 92521912
    Fax: +44 (0)23 92522625
    E-mail: office@windwave.co.uk
    Web site: Windwave : Home
    Distributor/Service center for: Ireland, United Kingdom they should have stock by now I imagine. Most of our distributors are receiving product by now
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Thanks, I do my best. Which bike does that 350R come on?

the R model is a no nonsense fork with an air spring, fixed compression and a nice, rebound system (same rebound as our CR models).
    The fork is OEM on a commencal 2015 enduro hardtail. All in all a very nice package.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    very cool!

The fork is OEM on a commencal 2015 enduro hardtail. All in all a very nice package.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the details DM,
    I have made contact with Windwave and they say they should be expecting stock in 2 weeks of the Ti model and they will retail for 999.99 :O gulp hehe.
    I better get raiding the piggy bank!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I never said the Ti model was going to be inexpensive

Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    Thanks for the details DM,
    I have made contact with Windwave and they say they should be expecting stock in 2 weeks of the Ti model and they will retail for 999.99 :O gulp hehe.
    I better get raiding the piggy bank!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    @Marzocchi_USA: when will the 053 S3C2R shock be available? Thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am told we will have them in stock by March, 2015. very welcome in advance

Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    @Marzocchi_USA: when will the 053 S3C2R shock be available? Thank you in advance.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    Thank you!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    very welcome
    What is the cost of the 053 S3C2R shock

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    looking at $339.00 USD retail

Quote Originally Posted by YodaForce View Post
    What is the cost of the 053 S3C2R shock

Thanks
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    curious to see what kind of reviews it gets, but with that kind of pricing you're going to crush the market if it sees praise from testers.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    yep, that's the plan. I had to triple check that price myself too! Hopefully I'll get some in here I can send out to magazines like Bike and Dirt Rag for some real testing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    curious to see what kind of reviews it gets, but with that kind of pricing you're going to crush the market if it sees praise from testers.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    From what I was told the Slick Honey just breaks down and will clog the valves in our forks. the stuff that was inside our forks was a special assembly lube that is formulated to break down into oil and be assimilated into the fork oil.

True about the unlubed fork causing stiction and some lube is better than none so for sure once you ride it a while if you run into any issues call our tech dept straight away.

If you just used a little at the dust seals it should be ok for now but eventually it (might) break down into the oil and get gummed up inside everything because of the DBC system.

My 350 NCR Ti fork has been ordered and should be getting it next week. Can you suggest several safe alternatives to Slick Honey for lubricating the dust seals and stanchions?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey Chromagftw,

Looking forward to a user review on this one for sure!

Post up some pics when you get it bolted to your ride please

I'm still in saving mode atm :<

shame the new shock isnt out until March, but thats a very attractive price for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    sweet deal!

we use a lube called Molykote number 55 for o-rings

Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    My 350 NCR Ti fork has been ordered and should be getting it next week. Can you suggest several safe alternatives to Slick Honey for lubricating the dust seals and stanchions?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    agreed, I'd like to hear a user's view of the fork too.

Quote Originally Posted by phat-ant View Post
    Hey Chromagftw,

Looking forward to a user review on this one for sure!

Post up some pics when you get it bolted to your ride please

I'm still in saving mode atm :<

shame the new shock isnt out until March, but thats a very attractive price for sure.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

gone walk about
    if one was wanting to match up the 053 S3C2R shock with a single crown fork(AIR SPRING) which would be recommended??

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    it is designed to match up with the 350 series forks ideally the NCR or CR (for an air fork) the name of the shock is a play on the 350 .. 053.. 350/053. .. front/back.. I know, it is a reach but I didn't name it

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    if one was wanting to match up the 053 S3C2R shock with a single crown fork(AIR SPRING) which would be recommended??
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

gone walk about
    it is designed to match up with the 350 series forks ideally the NCR or CR (for an air fork) the name of the shock is a play on the 350 .. 053.. 350/053. .. front/back.. I know, it is a reach but I didn't name it
    a reach indeed but understand the nomenclature thank you kindly....me thinks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    a reach indeed but understand the nomenclature thank you kindly....me thinks.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

banned
    Sep 2007
    Still riding the heck out of my 29'er Micro Ti... There was nothing else out there like it that plush. A little heavy, but it had the oil bath that made it dampen so luxurious without the stiction so many air forks are stuck with. Flat out love it on my old Niner WFO. Some day, it will be a classic, right along side the RC3 micro.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I'm was looking to get a 350 ncr in the UK, but have been advised the lockout remote is standard and cannot be removed & replaced with crown mounted lever?
    This sounds crazy, who on earth want another cable on their bars for a remote fork lockout?
    Certainly not me, or anyone I ride with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    HAHA! yeah I agree with you there, the less I have on my bar the better. The NCR (air with remote) will be able to have a form mounted lever installed, the physical lockout portion of the fork is the same, it just uses a different top mechanism to engage the lockout.

I can not speak to our UK distributors but in the US we will be carrying the replacement parts for both forks in tern allowing the remote to be swapped over for the lever. I have seen NCR Air forks with the lever and NCR Ti forks with the remote so I know they are interchangeable.

The parts are not available just yet but will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mcozzy29 View Post
    I'm was looking to get a 350 ncr in the UK, but have been advised the lockout remote is standard and cannot be removed & replaced with crown mounted lever?
    This sounds crazy, who on earth want another cable on their bars for a remote fork lockout?
    Certainly not me, or anyone I ride with.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hi and thanks for responding, I was hoping you would!

Its frustrating that they fitted this as standard, I really cannot comprehend the thought process behind this decision, but am pleased it seems I will be able to purchase the parts and swap to a conventional lever in the near future. I am hoping this will be a simple & cheap job I can do at home?
    As this fork is so new, there are no decent reviews or any useful tech information on the web, so it feels like a bit of a leap of faith in choosing this fork something as well known as the pike, especially when the 350 ncr is nearly $400 more in this country over the rockshox.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I hear you 100%. All of us here in the US gave our recommendation that all forks should have a lever lockout and offer the remote as an upgrade option but it seems that wasn't the case.

It is my understanding that the NCR Ti has the lever lockout to keep the weight down and the NCR Air uses the remote because it is the lighter of the two NCR models already.

No worries about the swap of parts, that should not be an issue. I have done that conversion myself here with some prototype models and it was cake.

No full reviews are out yet (that I have seen). There are some prototype models that made their way around the Internets however but the reviews (if any) for that fork will be different from anything production.

Have you contacted Windwave in the UK yet? They are our distributor there and should be able to get you local info or direct you to a shop that may even have one of the NCR models in stock. That $400 increase over a Pike is a lot! what model Pike is this being compared to? the NCR is a best in class fork and should only be compared against others in the same category, but that does seem steep to me. the NCR air retails for $959 here in the US and the Pike RCT3 retails between $800 and $1000. Granted the Espresso coated stanchions cost more than a standard anodize procedure as it is more than just a coloring but a hardening process as well that leaves the stanchions as smooth as glass.

Hi and thanks for responding, I was hoping you would!

Its frustrating that they fitted this as standard, I really cannot comprehend the thought process behind this decision, but am pleased it seems I will be able to purchase the parts and swap to a conventional lever in the near future. I am hoping this will be a simple & cheap job I can do at home?
    As this fork is so new, there are no decent reviews or any useful tech information on the web, so it feels like a bit of a leap of faith in choosing this fork something as well known as the pike, especially when the 350 ncr is nearly $400 more in this country over the rockshox.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    approx $874 for the RTC3 solo & $1285 for the NCR in the UK, although the shop are doing me a deal at $1125 as I'm buying a frame from them.
    If they cant help I will give Windwave a shout, thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    ouch! that is expensive! Are you looking to get the Ti or the Air?

approx $874 for the RTC3 solo & $1285 for the NCR in the UK, although the shop are doing me a deal at $1125 as I'm buying a frame from them.
    If they cant help I will give Windwave a shout, thanks for the help!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Thats the air. The ti is $1600, but I dont want a coil spring as my weight fluctuates too much!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

is it to still 339 dollars? Because in one german shop theres a preorder price of 599 EUROS= 756 Dollars! :-( so almost double the price

mtbr member

Marzocchi - Better late than never

Why do people insist on trying to convert pounds to dollars or euros to dollars it's irrelevant. Exchange rates fluctuate. in the US we pay around 7 to 10% in sales tax depending on the state and no sales tax on Internet purchases. Whats VAT in the UK 19%? Additionally to my annoyance every price quoted in the US is excluding sales tax. I bought a bos Deville from Austria and did not have to pay any VAT on it. As I brought it to the US

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    Why do people insist on trying to convert pounds to dollars or euros to dollars it's irrelevant. Exchange rates fluctuate. in the US we pay around 7 to 10% in sales tax depending on the state and no sales tax on Internet purchases. Whats VAT in the UK 19%? Additionally to my annoyance every price quoted in the US is excluding sales tax. I bought a bos Deville from Austria and did not have to pay any VAT on it. As I brought it to the US

Look carefully at the issue before talking.the euro is stronger then the dollar.thus it is already more expensive when the shock was sold for the same amount of euros as in dollars. And that is usually the case.santa cruz nomad frame mrrsp is around 2900-3000 dollars, right? In germany it is 2900-3200 euros..almost never more and if so then only a few percents.so lets say it would rise from 339 dollars to 400 euros, which would already be extreme.but never up to 600 euros. So I had a good reason to ask if 339 dollars for the 053 shock is still up to date ;-)

mtbr member
    what's the axle to crown height of the 350?
    and is there a choice of springs for the Titanium?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    what's the axle to crown height of the 350?
    and is there a choice of springs for the Titanium?
    and I have a 3rd question:

what's the fork offset?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Its a shame this info is not on the marzocchi site isnt it. Its utter madness, the fork is a current, admittedly very new product, yet there is no info. Someone deserves to wake up with a horses head in their bed!
    Despite marzocchi_us being most helpful, I ultimately ordered the x-fusion metric & am having it reduced to 160mm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just ordered a 350NCR and will be lowering it to 150mm as soon as I get it. I was told the lowers oil volumes are what they are to keep initial weights low. Since I care about performance more I will be putting around 50cc of oil in there to make sure it splashes around and lubes everything. One thing I was wondering about though is if you can't use slick honey, which is the same as slickoleum what should the seals be lubed with when being taken apart? Or should I just use a light coat of slickoleum?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mr_X40: Molykote number 55

Marzocchi - Better late than never-07-01-moly_55m_100_immagine_web.jpg

mtbr member
    I got an answer from Marzocchi Italia about height and offset:

Axle to crown: 557mm
    Offset: 40

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What do you guys think about the r version?

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/de...dOggetto=20310

I have a giant trance 3 27.5 whith the stock Rock Shox Sektor fork in front but i have changed the back with a Monarch Plus RC3.

I'm considering the weight of the 350r cause i do a lot of pedal, would you think it will be a problem?
    Is it a more dh oriented fork?

Thank you !

mtbr member
    The 350 R is not an heavy fork and I don't think it could be considered a DH oriented fork.

@Marzocchi_USA can the R damper be upgraded to a CR one? A coil CR would be a very nice option in between the R and the (so much expensive) NCR

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I got an answer from Marzocchi Italia about height and offset:

Axle to crown: 557mm
    Offset: 40
    Can any one tell me which is the impact, on riding, of the Offset of 40 in the NCR vs a Pike that has 0 offset? I have a Nomad 27.5 with Pike and Monarch plus RCT3, but I am tempted on changing both for Marzocchi

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by artishouk View Post
    Can any one tell me which is the impact, on riding, of the Offset of 40 in the NCR vs a Pike that has 0 offset? I have a Nomad 27.5 with Pike and Monarch plus RCT3, but I am tempted on changing both for Marzocchi
    27.5 Pikes have a 42mm offset.

2 mm makes little to no difference.

by the way, the Marzocchi's 40mm offset is probably the shortest of the 650b enduro forks out there. The largest one is the Lefty's at 50mm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Is it possible to run the r version at 150mm?

I think it's a bargain, 35mm stancions, 160 travel, 15mm axle, the only think that i am thinking of is the weight

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Got my fork today. I took it apart to lower it to 150mm because it comes at 160 from the box. I havent had a chance to ride it on the trails yet because of bad weather but on the street and on some grass it felt great. I cant comment on handling but in the small bumps it was very smooth and responsive even though its not broken in at all.

Quality seems to be very good on it, both looks and feels. The knobs feel solid and are nicely made from aluminum. One thing though is the compression knob is tight to turn and turns the lockout lever when initially turned. Ive been playing with it and it seems to free up a bit. Not a big deal but though it was worth mentioning.

When I took it apart i noticed the lowers had lots of grease inside but no oil pretty much. I will be filling both sides with around 50ml of oil to make sure everything is lubed when i ride. Also used some of the excess grease inside to lube the seals when putting it back together. I noticed after a few compressions all the grease got pushed out. I pretty much packed all the gaps in the seals. These seals have an inner part and an outer scraper, no foam rings. I think next time i will put a very light coat on the inside just for putting the lowers on and the oil will lube it when i ride. This is unlike what ive been doing with past rock shox and fox forks.

The fork is lowered by taking the little bumper off the bottom of the negative spring and putting a spacer between it and the spring. The aluminum rod has a small metal washer on the end of it that looks to be pressed on. It pulls off by hand with quite a bit of force but no tools should be needed. After that its like every other fork.

I also noticed marzocchi uses a tube inside the stanchion for the air spring. This is good because if you want to try coil then you can go back to air spring. Other forks where the piston runs inside the stanchion if you run coil it will scuff up the inside and you cant run air again. Since this takes up volume it looks like marzocchi used a smaller negative spring so the piston sits lower in the leg increasing the volume.

Another small thing i like about it is the bottom bolts use orings to seal the oil in the lowers. Fox and rock shox uses plastic crush washers which are a pain to reuse and i hate them because they dont thread on easy after. This system is much better for repeated disassembly.

Another small thing, the air piston uses a u cup seal and a foam ring underneath. Fox did this in the 2012 float forks and the oil migrated into the air chamber and the fork wouldnt get full travel. I will have to ride this and see if it gives me trouble. If it does i might convert it to coil if they make a spring for my weight.

Here are some pics from when i took it apart and it mounted to my lapierre zesty. Steertube is long while i figure out a good height.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    A couple more things i forgot. This fork was supposed to come with a remote for lockout. Mine came with a manual lever which i wanted but i didnt ask for it. This fork also doesnt come with a travel ring on the stanchion, but its easy enough to slide one on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cool deal, thanks for that. Technically the travel change is supposed to only be done by a trained service center to make sure all steps are followed properly and parts placed in order correctly. We do use a liberal amount of assembly grease in the forks so extra spewage is normal after a disassembly.
    When adding the oil do it once the fork is assembled and pour it through the foot nut hole into the bottom. aprox 25cc in each leg provided no oil is spilled from the cartridge during disassembly. If you do disassemble it again use Molykote # 55 for O-Rings to lube the seals before installation, you can mix the Molykote with fork oil also to get a lighter consistency.
    The knobs will be tight at first but should free up as they are used.

Where did the fork come from? I only ask because we are not selling the NCR with the lever lockout here in the US, only with the remote. We have a few in stock so you may be one of the very few that will get this fork.

cheers!

DM

[QUOTE=Mr_X40;11514757]Got my fork today. I took it apart to lower it to 150mm because it comes at 160 from the box. I havent had a chance to ride it on the trails yet because of bad weather but on the street and on some grass it felt great. I cant comment on handling but in the small bumps it was very smooth and responsive even though its not broken in at all.

Quality seems to be very good on it, both looks and feels. The knobs feel solid and are nicely made from aluminum. One thing though is the compression knob is tight to turn and turns the lockout lever when initially turned. Ive been playing with it and it seems to free up a bit. Not a big deal but though it was worth mentioning.

When I took it apart i noticed the lowers had lots of grease inside but no oil pretty much. I will be filling both sides with around 50ml of oil to make sure everything is lubed when i ride. Also used some of the excess grease inside to lube the seals when putting it back together. I noticed after a few compressions all the grease got pushed out. I pretty much packed all the gaps in the seals. These seals have an inner part and an outer scraper, no foam rings. I think next time i will put a very light coat on the inside just for putting the lowers on and the oil will lube it when i ride. This is unlike what ive been doing with past rock shox and fox forks.

The fork is lowered by taking the little bumper off the bottom of the negative spring and putting a spacer between it and the spring. The aluminum rod has a small metal washer on the end of it that looks to be pressed on. It pulls off by hand with quite a bit of force but no tools should be needed. After that its like every other fork.

I also noticed marzocchi uses a tube inside the stanchion for the air spring. This is good because if you want to try coil then you can go back to air spring. Other forks where the piston runs inside the stanchion if you run coil it will scuff up the inside and you cant run air again. Since this takes up volume it looks like marzocchi used a smaller negative spring so the piston sits lower in the leg increasing the volume.

Another small thing i like about it is the bottom bolts use orings to seal the oil in the lowers. Fox and rock shox uses plastic crush washers which are a pain to reuse and i hate them because they dont thread on easy after. This system is much better for repeated disassembly.

Another small thing, the air piston uses a u cup seal and a foam ring underneath. Fox did this in the 2012 float forks and the oil migrated into the air chamber and the fork wouldnt get full travel. I will have to ride this and see if it gives me trouble. If it does i might convert it to coil if they make a spring for my weight.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The fork is from the first shipment to canada i believe. And i worked on quite a bit of suspension before and do all my own service. Im not too big on how much service costs so i learned how to do everything myself. I am also a mechanic at a shop and we service all kind of suspension there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    and I have a 3rd question:

what's the fork offset?
    Axle to crown is 529.7mm
    No options for Ti coils, we just use the air preload on it and between it and the compression adjustability it should work for the majority of riders out there. Optional spring weights may be forthcoming however.

offset is 24mm from the center of the fork blades, 40mm rake from the center of the steer tube
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am not going to defend our site. I agree it isn't as helpful as the Fox or XFusion sites but it is something we are working on. We try to keep too much information from going public and having something be serviced wrong because of that and in turn voiding someones warranty.

Its a shame this info is not on the marzocchi site isnt it. Its utter madness, the fork is a current, admittedly very new product, yet there is no info. Someone deserves to wake up with a horses head in their bed!
    Despite marzocchi_us being most helpful, I ultimately ordered the x-fusion metric & am having it reduced to 160mm.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    sweet deal, I was just curious.

hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_X40 View Post
    The fork is from the first shipment to canada i believe. And i worked on quite a bit of suspension before and do all my own service. Im not too big on how much service costs so i learned how to do everything myself. I am also a mechanic at a shop and we service all kind of suspension there.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I'm thinking about an 053 S3C2R shock once they're released, but do you need to order them with specific tunes? Fox and Rockshox both have various tune options (e.g. Rockshox's "H/M/L" compression and rebound tunes), so I'm just curious. Will there be options for custom valving through you guys?
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Oh and aside from the crappy plastic rebound knob on the CR, is there any difference in the rebound circuit between the CR and NCR?
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    "One tune to rule them all" ... mostly.

we will only sell them with one built in tune but we will offer custom valving in house for a fee that is TBD. The adjustment rage on the shocks is so wide we felt needing to offer different base tunes was unnecessary, plus the internals are re-valvable, though not by the end user as they need to be done in a vacuum and are optimized for nitrogen charges (they work fine with standard air but optimal with Nitro).

I'm thinking about an 053 S3C2R shock once they're released, but do you need to order them with specific tunes? Fox and Rockshox both have various tune options (e.g. Rockshox's "H/M/L" compression and rebound tunes), so I'm just curious. Will there be options for custom valving through you guys?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    LOL!

the internal circuitry is not 100% dissimilar. The CR circuitry is more basic, less shims and valves but the same concept.

Oh and aside from the crappy plastic rebound knob on the CR, is there any difference in the rebound circuit between the CR and NCR?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    I have a Titus El Guapo with a Marzocchi 55CR Switch (170-130) fork and a Monarch RT3 shock which I swap with a Fox Coil RHX 4.0 in extreme rocky conditions.
    I'm pretty happy with the setup but I think I need something more than the monarch so I was going for the Roco Air TST R just before I saw the 053 S3C2R!
    Are they for the same use? I mean can they take the same hit???
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Hello there. Have you triple checked the price yet?
    Because below I read around $600! I really hope YOU are correct!!

Marzocchi Suspension - Eurobike 2014 - Pinkbike

yep, that's the plan. I had to triple check that price myself too! Hopefully I'll get some in here I can send out to magazines like Bike and Dirt Rag for some real testing.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post
    I have a Titus El Guapo with a Marzocchi 55CR Switch (170-130) fork and a Monarch RT3 shock which I swap with a Fox Coil RHX 4.0 in extreme rocky conditions.
    I'm pretty happy with the setup but I think I need something more than the monarch so I was going for the Roco Air TST R just before I saw the 053 S3C2R!
    Are they for the same use? I mean can they take the same hit???
    very much sir.

The TSTr is our first generation trail/enduro shock and it is highly adaptable and capable of just about anything but the new 053 is all that the TSTr has but with a wider range of adjustments. It was specifically designed for the needs of pro world enduro athletes so it will easily make for a fantastic aggressive trail riding shock.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hello there. Have you triple checked the price yet?
    Because below I read around $600! I really hope YOU are correct!!

Marzocchi Suspension - Eurobike 2014 - Pinkbike
    100% correct. the MSRP of the 053 S3C2R is $339.00 USD and the MSRP for the 023 S3cr is $341.00 USD. knocking it out of the ball park! Add to this that the 053 is the lightest piggyback air shock on the market also.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    This is surprising they are retailing at a lot more in the UK...

Marzocchi 2015 053 S3C2R

mtbr member
    100% correct. the MSRP of the 053 S3C2R is $339.00 USD and the MSRP for the 023 S3cr is $341.00 USD. knocking it out of the ball park! Add to this that the 053 is the lightest piggyback air shock on the market also.
    So be prepared to get a number of order from european customers...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It doesn't surprise me they would cost more in the UK given the exchange rates worldwide. I can only speak to what goes on here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty125 View Post

Marzocchi 2015 053 S3C2R
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am sure we will get a lot of inquiries but the way our structure is set up we don't sell direct and can't sell to anyone outside the US unless there is a legitimate need and the person has no access to a distributor or retailer. I expect all of our US retailers to get a lot of requests, I believe some of them sell internationally.

So be prepared to get a number of order from european customers...
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member

very much sir.

The TSTr is our first generation trail/enduro shock and it is highly adaptable and capable of just about anything but the new 053 is all that the TSTr has but with a wider range of adjustments. It was specifically designed for the needs of pro world enduro athletes so it will easily make for a fantastic aggressive trail riding shock.
    I am very happy to hear that!
    And with 183gr less!!
    So 053 it is. All I have to do is wait for it to make it on the stores.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am very happy to hear that!
    And with 183gr less!!
    So 053 it is. All I have to do is wait for it to make it on the stores.
    aaaannnd... let the waiting commence!
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member

Marzocchi 2015 053 S3C2R
    The rrp looks like an arse pull on somebody's part (perhaps Windwave), rrp is more than double the US price!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    The rrp looks like an arse pull on somebody's part (perhaps Windwave), rrp is more than double the US price!
    I can't speak to the UK but it could be import taxes are higher maybe?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    All US prices don't include sales tax. The uk equivalent of that is vat and I believe the uk quoted prices will include vat. Which is 20% I believe.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well I can purchase from a US dealer pay shipping cost and all the UK import duties and still come out 100/$160 cheaper if I decide to get one I know where to look!

For comparison CCDB Inline US MRSP $550 UK RRP 360 ($568) pretty close considering that UK RRP actually includes a 20% sales tax.

mtbr member
    May be it is a dumb question, but I have to ask it. Would 053 S3C2R fit into GT Sensor/Force 2014 frame?

Also is there any difference between 2014 350CR and 2015 350CR except the Gold Race coating? And is there any possibility to upgrade later internals of the CR to NCR ones?
    Last edited by graved1gger; 10-22-2014 at 06:27 AM.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by graved1gger View Post
    May be it is a dumb question, but I have to ask it. Would 053 S3C2R fit into GT Sensor/Force 2014 frame?

Also is there any difference between 2014 350CR and 2015 350CR except the Gold Race coating? And is there any possibility to upgrade later internals of the CR to NCR ones?
    053 will come in the following eye to eye sizes:

- 222 x 70 mm / 8.75 x 2.75
    - 216 x 63.5 mm / 8.5 x 2.5
    - 200 x 57 mm / 7.88 x 2.25
    - 200 x 51 mm / 7.88 x 2.0
    - 190.5 x 51 mm / 7.5 x 2.0

If one of them suits you then you're good to go!

mtbr member
    7.5 x 2.0 should fit in theory but it is not the e2e size I'm worried about, it is more about the actual dimensions of the shock.
    Look at this post 2014 GT Sensor and Force 27.5 here Float X barely fits into the frame.

053 will come in the following eye to eye sizes:

- 222 x 70 mm / 8.75 x 2.75
    - 216 x 63.5 mm / 8.5 x 2.5
    - 200 x 57 mm / 7.88 x 2.25
    - 200 x 51 mm / 7.88 x 2.0
    - 190.5 x 51 mm / 7.5 x 2.0

If one of them suits you then you're good to go!

mtbr member
    I understand what you mean...
    That's another issue. I don't think I can help you...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hi,

I'm having problems choosing between 350 NCR and NCR TI - how big is the difference (if there is any)? I know that the latter has just become available but maybe somebody has ridden them both already?

Cheers,
    Maciek

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Wondered if anyone could explain why this streak like wear is appearing on stanchions that are less than 4 months old.

Marzocchi - Better late than never-58qeup5.jpg
    Last edited by fr0sty125; 10-29-2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Accuracy

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Not a dumb question, I ride a 2014 Force myself and wanted to know also. I bolted a sample up to it and it fits fine, no worries.

The only difference between the 2014 and 2015 350 CR is the graphics and the stanchion coating. the natural coating is less expensive to produce also so the 2015 will cost a little less. It is possible to upgrade the internals to an NCR or even upgrade the uppers with the espresso stanchions if you wanted.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Wondered if anyone could explain why this streak like wear is appearing on stanchions that are less than 4 months old.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58QeUp5.jpg 
Views:	1154 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	935098
    Please email me:

tech@marzocchiusa.com and we can figure that out.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MadcowPL View Post
    Hi,

I'm having problems choosing between 350 NCR and NCR TI - how big is the difference (if there is any)? I know that the latter has just become available but maybe somebody has ridden them both already?

Cheers,
    Maciek
    The differences are very little. The largest one will be for the compression lockout. The Ti has the fork mounted unit and the air uses the remote (both are retrofit-able). I have ridden both and actually think the air feels plusher (but I am not a fan of remotes since I don't use them that often). The coil is great for long, sustained events and really rough trails where the air is ever so slightly more of a "trail" fork, if that makes sense. I'd take both down the Whole Enchilada but if I was going to rock a bike park the the majority of my riding I'd go coil.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    7.5 x 2.0 should fit in theory but it is not the e2e size I'm worried about, it is more about the actual dimensions of the shock.
    Look at this post 2014 GT Sensor and Force 27.5 here Float X barely fits into the frame.
    I was rocking the 190.5x51 053 shock on my 2014 Force and it fit perfect and worked great with the design of the bike, no worries at all.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Wow, and I just was considering buying 2014 350CR (there are a few great deals on them) and now I am a bit worried...
    Last edited by graved1gger; 10-30-2014 at 07:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Wow, and I just was considering buying 2014 350CR (there are a few great deals on them) and now I a bit worried...
    Same to me, and there was also a problem with the Gold coating as well as Ive read on other forums...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Wow, and I just was considering buying 2014 350CR (there are a few great deals on them) and now I am a bit worried...
    That is the first time I've seen this with the GRC Coating. I wouldn't worry about it at all as if something like that (for some reason) comes up the fork is warrantied for 2 years and if this does happen (especially in the first few months) that is a warranty issue no question.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Same to me, and there was also a problem with the Gold coating as well as Ive read on other forums...
    What other forums? Please let me know so I can find them and let them, I'd appreciate it.

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    What other forums? Please let me know so I can find them and let them, I'd appreciate it.

-DM
    Hi, I read it on the Pinkbike " Ask Marzocchi anything". Someone named "Auditore" had the same issue (maybe is the same person). Also "Tomdh" had problems on a 888. And MarzocchiMTB replies as if they were aware of that issue.

Any way, your concern, speed and willingness to reply are much appreciated! Great asset from Marzocchi!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi, I read it on the Pinkbike " Ask Marzocchi anything". Someone named "Auditore" had the same issue (maybe is the same person). Also "Tomdh" had problems on a 888. And MarzocchiMTB replies as if they were aware of that issue.

Any way, your concern, speed and willingness to reply are much appreciated! Great asset from Marzocchi!
    OK cool, thanks, I appreciate that a lot.

We are trying to regain everyone's faith. I know we had some issues in the past (we all recognize that) and want to rectify it with the best service we can and the best products we can to back that up. Basically getting us back to the level we were in the heyday!

Cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Well, speaking of the service. If I'll buy a fork in US from official Marzo dealer with official warranty and then take it home to Ukraine, will the warranty still be valid? And if somehing happens, I would need to send a fork back to the dealer I bought from or I could send it to the service center in, for example, Poland or Czech Republic?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Well, speaking of the service. If I'll buy a fork in US from official Marzo dealer with official warranty and then take it home to Ukraine, will the warranty still be valid? And if somehing happens, I would need to send a fork back to the dealer I bought from or I could send it to the service center in, for example, Poland or Czech Republic?
    TOTALLY!

you would just need to make sure you have your receipt and just contact one of these guys:

ANTONIN BARTONICEK
    Service Center
    Czech Republic
    SKLADOVA 20 - 32600 PLZEN
    Phone: +42 0377240501
    Fax: +42 0377448548
    E-mail: info@bartonicek.cz
    Web site: Bartonek - cyklistika, jzdn kola, cyklo shop, psluenstv, Marzocchi, Formula, MXM, OKBaby, Airbone, Vittoria, Sigma, IXS
    Distributor/Service center for: Czech Republic, Ukraine
    LEADER BIKE
    Service Center
    Ukraine
    Lagutenko 14 - 83086 Donetsk
    Phone: +380622900634
    Fax: +380623826168
    E-mail: leaderfox@donapex.net
    Web site: :: -
    Distributor/Service center for: Ukraine
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    Awesome! Thanks.

FYI, service center in Donetsk, Ukraine, is out of business and it seems for long, due to the situation in that region.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Awesome! Thanks.

FYI, service center in Donetsk, Ukraine, is out of business and it seems for long, due to the situation in that region.
    very welcome sir,

I didn't make that connection until just now, I'll make sure our head office in Italy knows of that, though I am sure they do.

cheers!

-DM
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

bike tester
    looks like out of spec bushings... nothing serious, normal warranty case.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by syl3 View Post
    looks like out of spec bushings... nothing serious, normal warranty case.
    I can't say for sure from the photo but I would agree. Whatever the case is we will take care of it, just need to call in. no worries.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Would this explain why when I got them there was extreme amount of stiction they didn't want to sag even when I ran pressures much lower than recommended. Even after many hours beding in they felt a bit knotchy as they went through there travel. My old RS are much plusher.
    Last edited by fr0sty125; 10-31-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Would this explain why when I got them there was extreme amount of stiction they didn't want to sag even when I ran pressures much lower than recommended. Even after mnay hours beding in they felt a bit knotchy as they went through there travel. My old RS are much plusher.
    Yep, we can fix that, have you contacted our tech center? are you in the US?
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    No I'm in the UK so I guess I would need to speak to Windwave

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    No I'm in the UK so I guess I would need to speak to Windwave
    for sure, They are officially Marzocchi UK so they can take care of it for you easily.
    Marzocchi USA
    1800-227-5579
    www.marzocchi.com

mtbr member
    May 2008

Re: Marzocchi - Better late than never

I am stoked on the new marz products and the way the company is moving. I've loved every marz product I've ever owned. The first being in the early 2000s until now with multiple 888s, 66s, 55s. Currently riding a 2014 888rc3 non-ti with the gold race coating and a roco WC air and couldn't be happier. I am definitely looking forward to a future enduro build using 350 and 053 parts. As well as a marz dropper post!

I tried jumping ship once and hated it. I bought a boxxer rc, and a vivid shock and no matter what I did or tried I was never happy with either. Different springs, different oils, different grease in the seals/rings and still was unhappy with the performance and lack of small bump sensitivity. I also spent a small amount of time on a totebuyingI wasn't happy with that either. Bought the 888rc3 and right out of the box it has been amazing. Night and day difference over the boxxer. My future builds will always use marz bits. I've never had a warranty issue with marz where I've had to contact customer service but after reading through this thread I feel as though I would be promptly and professionally taken care of. Thanks Marzochi!
    Last edited by Sk8er07999; 11-01-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast