Looking for advice on a new 27.5 purchase. Got back into riding about a year ago when a friend gave me an old bike. It was an old Huffy, and I'm surprised it lasted this long. I ride mostly xc/trail/mountain and road. I am looking to go the hard-tail route. When I first started debating a new purchase I reluctantly said I would be willing to spend $1000, but realistically I would be happier spending around $600-$800. I have been looking around at giant, trek, etc, even found myself on the mongoose website. A few days ago I found something that caught my eye and is the reason for my post here. It revolves around Diamondbacks. I have been reading up on them and have read varying opinions on them. It seems there are good and bad, but it seems that way with every brand though. The model in question in the 27.5 Axis Comp.

Diamondback Bicycles - Axis Comp

It is listed as a $1200 bike, but I was able to find it for $699. What are your opinions? Is it a too good to be true deal? End of the year everything must go sale? I don't have any experience with any of those components and feel like I am in the dark with a lot of stuff related to this. So any help in that area would be appreciated. Is it worth the purchase with an upgrade in a certain area? How does it compare to other bikes in this range. Is it a good purchase? Should I be looking elsewhere, in terms of brands that I mentioned before? I am a bigger guy 6-1 about 250, is that fork adequate enough for a guy my size? I feel like I need a push in the right direction and I am hoping to find it here. Feel free to ask any questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank You