Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Big Paws on a Puppy!!

Kona

I picked up a pair of 650B wheels and tires for an upcoming project. Tonight just for giggles I decided to see if the rear would fit in my old Kona Humu frame which has been posted on these boards in a variety of set-ups. Check it out (please pardon my mess)....

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-100_0111.jpg
    List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-100_0112.jpg
    Name:  100_0113.JPG
Views: 5411
Size:  57.8 KB
    List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-100_0117.jpg

The photo's don't show it clearly but the wheel is positioned 3/4's way back in the dropouts. The clearance at the chainstays is about 1/4" on each side.

The bike on the rack is an On One Inbred. I test fit the 650B rear in that frame as well. As other's have confirmed the wheel has plenty of clearance when it is positioned about 1/2 way in the dropouts.
    ‎"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb." - Tom Nuttall

mtbr member
    Gang,
    finally found a friend with some 650b wheels for me to test fit.
    Here's the photos.
    I didn't get pics of the back wheel in the frame, but we used the front rim as a test in the back, it fit and worked fine enough for me to move towards getting a set of 650b built up with my dt240 disc hubs before the racing season starts.
    Cell phone pics - sorry if they stink.
    The bike is a 2010 Specialized Epic Marathon

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    650B fits my 2009 Trek 8500 like it was made for it. Rear tire is a Quasi-moto but looks like there is room for a 2.1 Nevegal. I have no idea what rim it is. It's super wide and white. Sun MTX33 I think. It doesn't say anything on them but they are easily 30mm wide. I borrowed it from a friend just to test fit. Front tire is a Nevegal 2.35 in a Fox F120RL with plenty of room. I'll see if it fits in the rear tomorrow and snap some pictures.

Same rear fits my 2008 Giant Rincon and no dice on a 2007 Trek Top Fuel 9.7.

edit: Tried the 2.35 Nevegal in the rear of the 8500. Doesn't fit but this tire is significantly larger than the quasi-moto and I don't think a 26" version of this tire would fit my 8500. Side knobs rub the chainstays. The tire is HUGE. Also tried in the rear of my Giant and it fits but the side knobs are only a few mm from the chainstays.

Last edited by GTR-33; 03-06-2011 at 09:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i see in the above posts that the Salsa A La Carte can convert to a 650B. True? Would love the gallerly's feedback before I bid on this...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Salsa-Ala-C...item5adf5b1cbd

Eating Hot Pockets
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A.
    i see in the above posts that the Salsa A La Carte can convert to a 650B. True? Would love the gallerly's feedback before I bid on this...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Salsa-Ala-C...item5adf5b1cbd
    Great frame. 650 fits easily

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Tried some hardtails at a local shop to see if any fit.

Fits..

2010/2011 Trek 8000 and 8500. Even more room than my 2009 8500 due to wider stays. The 8000 had a Reba SL which doesn't fit 650B but the 8500 had a gold Fox F32 RLC. I haven't found a Fox that didn't fit.

Doesn't fit... all 2011

Trek Ticket
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Trek Remedy 7
    Trek (Fisher) Advance, Wahoo
    Trek 6000, 6500, 6700

Some say that the 650B fits the Remedy... Quasi-moto didn't fit either Trek full suspension that I tried. Well actually it did fit the Remedy but I didn't think anyone riding a Remedy would ride a small knob XC tire so really, it doesn't really fit. A 2.1 Neo or Nevegal definitely wouldn't fit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Good job! 98 Stumpjumper convert

My first 650b experience, found the wheels on CL and figured why not. Test road several 29'ers, but my 650b felt the best. Rear V-Brake works ok, the pads do not have full contact. My next convert will be an Epic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-650b.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Please suggest a 26 frame fitting these criteria:

2009 or later
    Fits 650b
    Carbon
    Full suspension, 100mm travel preferred

Looking for used frame, meaning the higher the quantities made the better. Specialized Epic only 80mm travel and likely too fragile for me.

Anyone have info re. Specialized Stumpy FSR Carbon 2009 or later?
    Last edited by ro7939; 03-16-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    jimbo

www.jamesromeyn.com Music and Audio, LLC
    www.prime-vibe.com guitar & violin seasoning device

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Those wheels look good Marty.
    Last edited by djembe975; 03-16-2011 at 06:54 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by musikfan
    The bike is a 2010 Specialized Epic Marathon

Sorry, can't tell: carbon or alloy? Are folks generally OK with front tire clearance such as yours?
    jimbo

mtbr member
    May 2009

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by redbarn
    Confimed: 650b fits well. Test rig is a SM 09 Blur Xc c. Rims are ZTR 355:

QuasiMoto: fits with no modification. At full bottom, the Quasi barely kisses the FD cable stop, and will knock your cable raincoat off. There is ample room for a NeoMoto 2.3, but you will need to shim the rear shock ~3-5mm (see Derby's posts). Fit all around is considerably better than a Mojo.

Blur XC<<<<THIS>>>>Tallboy

Enjoy.

Are members generally OK with clearance to the seat tube such as in the above image? Looks too tight to me. I've seen this stuff on the trail they call "mud!"
    jimbo

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redbarn
    CONFIRMED
    2010 santa cruz Blur Xc carbon
    ....This frame is about as perfect as a 26" gets for this application. I have proof pics, but am pinched for time to figure out the upload/hosting deal. Sorry.
    I want back to back test rides, above bike vs. Santa Cruz Tallboy 9er carbon FS.
    Last edited by ro7939; 03-16-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    jimbo

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    How about the 2011 Kona Coilair?

High Alpine Adventure

2010 Titus X?

Has anyone attempted to put a 650b on a 2010 Titus X? It looks like there is plenty of room at the seat stays but it might be a touch tight at the chain stays. Comments Shiggy?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frank6262
    im really disappointed my new WTB LaseDisc Trail650B with a Wolverine 2.2 didnt fit my Manitou R7 100mm Competition front fork on my 2nd bike..

i love the 650B up front on my Trance with a Fox fork.. but on the R7 it rubs on the fork brace.. yet i read it fit for others..?

frank
    Maybe slack tolerances? Also, models change (sometimes minor but significant when you're on the edge with tire clearance) unannounced year to year. This is why what works in one particular case doesn't mean it will work in a similar but different case.
    jimbo

mtbr member
    Nicolai Helius AC (26) frame with a Velocity P35 rim and Pacenti Neo Moto 650B x 2.3 tyres. Tight, but sufficient.
    The Fork is a Magura Thor 140mm which leaves about 4mm of clearance.

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-helius-ac-clearance.jpg
    List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-thor-clearance.jpg
    The best way out is always through.
    (Robert Frost)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Does anyone with carbon bike frame manufacturing experience know approximate cost to design and manufacture a 650b carbon HT frame with adequate clearance for the largest tires? MOQ?

At the 9er forum, Chinese carbon 9er HT frames are allegedly sold direct from China for about $500 + $100 shipping...though my email goes unanswered after four days...so it looks more like vapor ware in spite of a few user images posted.

Riders who've ridden everything sing 650b praises. The fact there are practically no dedicated 650b frames makes me think it's an industry conspiracy to exhaust the current growing enthusiasm for 9ers till about 2020, then suddenly "discover" 650b so all the 9er owners can trade in their costly bikes...AGAIN!
    jimbo

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ro7939
    Does anyone with carbon bike frame manufacturing experience know approximate cost to design and manufacture a 650b carbon HT frame with adequate clearance for the largest tires? MOQ?

At the 9er forum, Chinese carbon 9er HT frames are allegedly sold direct from China for about $500 + $100 shipping...though my email goes unanswered after four days...so it looks more like vapor ware in spite of a few user images posted.

Riders who've ridden everything sing 650b praises. The fact there are practically no dedicated 650b frames makes me think it's an industry conspiracy to exhaust the current growing enthusiasm for 9ers till about 2020, then suddenly "discover" 650b so all the 9er owners can trade in their costly bikes...AGAIN!

I think you're right, but it may very well be the 26" that disappears. And if that's the case, we have a long wait for them to unload all THAT stuff!

stealthness of the Hippo.
    howdy there from africa...
    with out have to sift through ALL the pages and threads here i thought i would just ask the question and see if i get an answer. what clearance should i have on my frame if i currently run a 26 inch wheel to comfortably squeese in a 650? i will post a picture with the current wheel.. AM and Continental Raceking 2.2 on the frame i wish to use
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-img00767-20110401-1246.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ro7939
    Are members generally OK with clearance to the seat tube such as in the above image? Looks too tight to me. I've seen this stuff on the trail they call "mud!"

That is a picture with the shock fully compressed. I'm sure theres more clearing when the shock is aired up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyla
    ...The Fork is a Magura Thor 140mm which leaves about 4mm of clearance.
    Clearance at the brace is one thing, but what is the clearance between tyre and fork arch at full compression?

Rager
    Jun 2010
    The 650 movement of 2005 was ahead of it's time, overshadowed by the well financed 29r movement.
    This year, I decided to build something pretty unique for the 2011 Sea Otter Classic event. My Airborne Zeppelin Elite 650B . Come by and see it at The Airborne Bicycles booth.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6nIiluKus
    Last edited by Tony Caruso; 04-16-2011 at 12:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Azonic AZ-7

I would like to build up an Azonic AZ-7 hardtail frame with 650b Blunts. Anyone have any info on clearance issues with this frame? Thanx

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Additional frame sets that take 650b rear tire

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    From my personal findings and other's. This list ill also be on my blog if y'all haven't been to it yet: http://650bpalace.blogspot.com also found at www.650Bpalace.com

Surly 1x1, no confirmation but I'm sure the Pugsley would work too.
    VooDoo Bokor (newer with sliders)
    VooDoo Wanga (newer with sliders)
    Soul Cycles Titan
    Ibex Atlas
    Haro Sonix LT
    Haro Xeon
    Specialized Myka
    Cannondale Prophet (2007+ checked)
    Gunnar Ruffian (older with horizontal dropouts)
    Gary Fisher Fat Possum
    Scott Spark 30
    Marin Rift Zone
    Kona Unit (with sliders)
    Ventana El Chamuco
    Azonic Revenge
    Specialized Enduro Elite (checked on 2007 model)

If I missed something that someone has confirmed, please add it!!!
    TIA
    Here they are:
    the following are CONFIRMED
    Rocky Mountain Hammer - 2000 yr model - fits the quasi moto with ease
    Rocky Mountain MLS - confirmed with quasi moto with ease
    Cannondale Scapel - older generation - confirmed with quasi - travel limit spacer might be needed to keep tire from rubbing shock pivot on bigger hits
    Specialized 2003 Epic - takes the quasi moto with sufficient space for mud

mtbr member
    add the 2011 Scalpel to the list:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...33#post7973633

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    I have a couple years old Titus Racer-X frame in my basement right now and 650Bs definitely do NOT fit.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    I have a couple years old Titus Racer-X frame in my basement right now and 650Bs definitely do NOT fit.
    You're right that the older style Racer-X doesn't fit because of the seat stay bridge. However, the newer "Lightrail" swingarms do seem to have some potential. Read this thread about 3/4's of the way down. A guy named Cut did it...

Titus a player?
    Dug-Da-Goat

Rager
    Jun 2010
    Speaking of Titus (now under management from On One) showed me a prototype of a new Titus 650 hardtail at the Sea Otter Classic.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Caruso
    Speaking of Titus (now under management from On One) showed me a prototype of a new Titus 650 hardtail at the Sea Otter Classic.
    Got any pictures more than this?

Titus a player?
    Dug-Da-Goat

I have an 06 Racer-X...and it wasn't the seatstay bridge that posed a problem, it was the chainstay clearance. There is barely room in for a 26 x 2.4 in there, let alone something taller.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

GT Avalanche Pro/Expert hardtail frames, 06-07 redesign ones when they went to 130mm travel forks have clearance for Neo-Moto 2.35s.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Caruso
    I have a Titus Eleven (xs) with a fox fork and I have put 650b front and rear and it works just fine! It slowed the handling down with made it handle better and climb well also.

Go to page 4 of this thread around 1/9/2010 for photo
    "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the
    pilot." By: Michael Altshuler

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You can add 2008 Merida carbon FLX 900 hardtail.
    Neo-moto 2.3 on a blunt just brushes sides of chainstays with 5mm clearance at front so a 2.1 neo-moto and quasi-moto will fit. Plenty of room on seat stays.Don't know about derailleur clearance as this is only a mock up and I ride 1 x 9 anyway.
    Only cell phone photos available.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You can add 2009 Marin Wolf Ridge.
    2.3 Neo moto on Blunt just kisses seat stay with shock fully deflated.So there is a little more room than a 09 Mount Vision which will touch the stays but normally there's no way of getting full travel on both these bikes anyway. Loads of clearance on chain stays. Don't know about derailleur clearance as this is only a mock up and I ride 1 x 9 anyway.
    Only cell phone photos available.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    anyone know about the 2010 Remedies? i have the 7 and am about to order a front wheel but am thinking about getting the full wheelset now. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks BTTW. I haven't surfed the forums here for years. I'll take look around for those other threads.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    So how about forks?
    Which std 26" forks can handle the 650?
    Andrew

mtbr member
    May 2010

Different thread

Quote Originally Posted by kokepelli View Post
    So how about forks?
    Which std 26" forks can handle the 650?
    Andrew
    Theres a whole thread dedicated to that

It wont let me post the link because i dont have 10 posts but its the 2nd or third thread in the 650b forums

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by [BTTW]BallsToTheWall View Post
    Theres a whole thread dedicated to that

It wont let me post the link because i dont have 10 posts but its the 2nd or third thread in the 650b forums
    This should be it: Official 650b fork thread

It's one of the stickies.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

650B clearance on Rockhopper SL frame?

hi

any one know if the new rockhopper SL (2010 & 2011) frames are ok for 650B?

i thinking about getting going with my first 650 and would like to use this frame as a starting point.

thank d

mtbr member
    I presume an Intense spider won't fit the bill....as I didn't find it anywhere thru the threads

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Tested two new bikes...

Kenda Nevegal 2.1 on a 31mm rim.

Fits a 2011 BMC Team Elite with plenty of room.

Does NOT fit 2011 Scott Scale Premium; rubs at chain stays on both sides.

Also retested the Trek Remedy 7 with a Nevegal instead of the Quasimoto and it fits better than the Quasi. The quasi seems to have a larger volume and smaller knobs as opposed to the Nevegal with smaller volume and larger knobs.

Will post pics of the Nevegal in the Remedy and in the BMC later.
    Last edited by GTR-33; 06-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Remedy

Was the remedy a 2010 or 11 model? And wasthere any rub at all on it? Thanks

Glorified Hybrid Owner
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedupderby View Post
    looks like this frame which is the same on the hkek through to the advance will fit 650b's..the advance does have a seat stay bridge because of rim pincher brakes, which may not work, this pic is of the tassajara.
    Wow, that seems like a lot of clearance.

TranceX Rider
    Hi, folks! Since I haven't followed this thread closely I just want to know if the 2011 Trance X fits 650b Neo-moto rear with 2011 F140 Talas upfront? Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerth View Post

Anybody else do this with a 2011 Scalpel? I kinda would like to see/hear from one more person before going this way...
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

bikeboatbrewski
    Anyone try a Giant Reign X?

dirtbag
    '11 Salsa Ala Carte works - tons of clearance using a Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.1 tire on Blunts with the Alternator dropouts forward.
    Last edited by ranier; 07-06-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    Amolan

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    '11 Salsa Ala Carte works - tons of clearance using a Pacenti 2.1 tire on Blunts with the Alternator dropouts forward.
    Good to hear. Rumor on the street is they are actually testing 650b specific prototypes now.

Cheers,
    KP
    If you like my products and services tell everyone. If you don't, tell me - kirk(at)pacenticycledesign.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Onie View Post
    Hi, folks! Since I haven't followed this thread closely I just want to know if the 2011 Trance X fits 650b Neo-moto rear with 2011 F140 Talas upfront? Thank you!
    2009 doesn't . Can't see 2011 being any different.

Uncle

add Ragley PIglet to the list

Every rose has it's thorn.

enjoy the ear worm

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by kahun4 View Post
    I would like to build up an Azonic AZ-7 hardtail frame with 650b Blunts. Anyone have any info on clearance issues with this frame? Thanx
    I can't find info about these frames anywhere -- not even geometry. Their website is useless, and I think they're probably missing out on lots of sales by not publishing details. I've passed on these frames a few times in the last few years alone (take a hint, Azonic!).

If you turn this info up, post it up please.

enjoy the ear worm

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Specialized Camber

Has anyone converted a 26" Specialized Camber? Mine has a 2011 Fox F Series 120 mm fork, which by reading this forum I understand will work well with 650b.
    The concern I have is that the seat stays have an arch joining them. With my current 26 Mavic Crossride wheel and Maxxis Crossmark 2.25 tires there is a gap of about 15 mm between the tire and the arch. I suspect this may be too tight for a 650b.

Is there a listing of the diameter of the 650b available tires? I have only found the 702 mm of the 2.3 Neo Moto.

mtbr member

Turner Flux with a RFX rear triangle.hey Lefty + 650b peeps...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Confirm 2008 Merida carbon FLX 900 hard tail. Can't confirm if front derailleur fits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-dscf0054.jpg  

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-dscf0051.jpg  

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-dscf0053.jpg  

Last edited by gvs_nz; 07-25-2011 at 12:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Confirm 2009 Marin Wolf Ridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-dscf0036.jpg  

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-dscf0041.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Confirm 2009 Marin Wolf Ridge.
    Would that clear with a FD mounted up? ISCG tabs?

How close to the seat post at full compression?

What is the weight of the bike?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Can't confirm if FD would fit but my guess it would. There is miles of space at the bottom of the seat post and being a high pivot the wheel should move away from the derailleur.
    No isg tabs.
    Neo moto 2.3 just kisses seat post with no air in the shock.[ you'd never achieve that riding ]
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 07-25-2011 at 12:34 PM.

mtbr member

Sette Serum

Easy clearance for the seat stay and the bottom bracket area. No problem with the front derailleur. Might be limited to a Quasi Moto due to the clearance between the chain stay area. Only about 2-4mm space on each side of the knobs. Aired the tire up to 60psi to spin it and no rub. Went for a ride and no rub on tire compression/expansion.

seat stay

derailleur and BB

BB and chain stay

Running a Reba 80mm 29er up front

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I just built up a on-one inbred (with vertical dropouts) with 650b plenty of clearance, why does everyone say it doesnt work???

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinHaugland View Post
    I just built up a on-one inbred (with vertical dropouts) with 650b plenty of clearance, why does everyone say it doesnt work???
    Pics? Interested for sure.
    thx

enjoy the ear worm

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Does anyone know about the giant xtc?

mtbr member
    Add the Spec'd stump fsr to the list. I have the expert carbon '10 and it fits fine. They all do.

mk

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    Add the Spec'd stump fsr to the list. I have the expert carbon '10 and it fits fine. They all do.

mk
    Can you post pictures? How does the rear tire fit?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    is that all stump jumper fsr's, or jus the 2010?

mtbr member
    It's all that I've tried so that's all Stump FSRs since 2008. I had a 2.3" Pacenti rear that rubbed a hole in the seatstay bridge, but the 2.1 and 2.0 tires have had no issues. Here's a pic of the rear clearance from my first 650b stump fsr (I'm on my second). Ok, so mtbr won't let me upload. I have some pics on my blog at bigdaddymikesblog.blogspot.com.

mk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Has anyone seen a Felt Compulsion with a 650B rear?
    OG Ripley v2
    Mojo 3- For Sale
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hi

I am over in the UK and i'm looking at going 650b having had a few hours on a 29'er and feeling that 650b could be the perfect thing for me.

I have an Evil Sovereign and a Lapierre Zesty '09 with carbon rear.

Does anyone know if these can be converted.

The Zesty may well be switched for a Nicolai AC (26'') which I would want to run 650b, will this work.

I ride hard and aggresive and tend to use full travel on every ride so it is important to me that the rear tyre doesn't strike the seat tube at full compression.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Err... just one last question (Colombo style) I love Bos Deville forks, does anyone happen to know if they will work.

Thanks again.

Nigel

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hello, I'm James and I am Italian .. I would like to mount the wheels 650b on my Cannondale Scalpel 2008 .. Is it possible? If you do I do?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Will a Evil Sovereign work?

In my humble opinion, 650b transformed my Sovereign from a 10 out of 10 to an 11 out of 10.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Supplejoe View Post
    In my humble opinion, 650b transformed my Sovereign from a 10 out of 10 to an 11 out of 10.
    Glad to hear that....

I am going to convert that first and then i will have the wheels to try in my Zesty.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrazy View Post
    Glad to hear that....

I am going to convert that first and then i will have the wheels to try in my Zesty.
    The Zesty is a great bike... keep us posted on it's 650b compatibility.

Cheers,
    KP
    If you like my products and services tell everyone. If you don't, tell me - kirk(at)pacenticycledesign.com

mtbr member
    Is your Sov one of the originals or one from the "new" Evil?

Post up Pics please!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Morewood Zula fits

Nevegal 2.1 fits comfortably. Neo-Moto 2.3 fits also, but only 2-3mm clearance.
    The bike feels awesome with 650b wheels on it!

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by mtonybarrett View Post
    The Zula is a really clean looking bike!

Cheers,
    KP

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

650b Sovereign

Yes, my Sov is one of the original 853 versions.
    I'm not very tech savvy, but I would like to attempt posting pics of my 650b converted stable. Evil Sovereign, Titus Switchblade and Titus Quasi-Moto. They've all benefited from their 650b "upgrades".

mtbr member
    May 2005

Santa Cruz Blur LTc

650B works with the Santa Cruz Blur LTc......see 650B Picture Thread

mtbr member
    Yes, my Sov is one of the original 853 versions.
    I'm not very tech savvy, but I would like to attempt posting pics of my 650b converted stable. Evil Sovereign, Titus Switchblade and Titus Quasi-Moto. They've all benefited from their 650b "upgrades".
    email them to me and I'll post them up.

That is one killer 650b stable you've got there!!

mmcg25@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

My 650b stable

I'll never go back to 26".List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-p7021172.jpg

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-p7021166.jpg

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-bike-020.jpg

Of course they will always be a work in progress. There is a Flow being built for the rear of the Quasi right now. P35 front and Flow rear!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice collection. Did you have the Titus's from new or have you collected and restored them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The Switchblade frame I scored secondhand but never built up and the Quasi-Moto frame was used but in great condition. Both were Ebay scores at great prices.

Flat six
    Feb 2011
    A guy posted his 2011 Stumpy FSR 650b setup in the Spec subforum: Show those new Stumpy FSR's

Looks badass!

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5

Morewood Zula

Quote Originally Posted by mtonybarrett View Post
    We need pictures and detailed ride report!

Cheers,
    KP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday View Post
    fine list....

but where are the FS bikes? hardtails are made for 29er wheels, 650b is made for FS bikes IMO. anyone gonna experiment with some more FS bikes?

FWIW my balfa belair will take a 650b by the numbers, real life testing will have to wait for some cash. rocky element will not take a 2.3 (by measurement), if some smaller tires are made it would be close. my balfa 2step will easily take a 650b as it clears 2.7 DH tires with no issues.
    I'm looking into my 97 GT LTS to convert. let you know how it turns out.
    Buy The Ticket Take The Ride!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Add the Specialized Camber 2011

The Specialized Camber may be added to the list. The conversion was made on a 2011 medium size frame.

Be careful with the tire/rim selection for the rear as the space is tight. Using Stan's Flow rims, the results in the rear were:

Fire XC tires fittted the best allowing for about 4 mm gap to the seat stay arch.

Kenda Nevegal 2.1 fitted well but the gap to the arch was just 2 mm

QuasiMotos did not fit as there was rubbing with the arch.

For the full testing process and riding impressions, check this link:

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-69er-new...go-730302.html

The picture shows the conversion with the 2.1 Nevegal on the rear. Current set up is with the Fire XC. All tires converted well to tubeless using Stan's rim strip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-cam650b7.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

TransAm

That's a nice Evil. Here's my TransAm, lovin it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-img_transam.jpg  

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-img_2684.jpg  

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-img_2688.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's a sweet TransAm!

mtbr member

Turner 650b

Quote Originally Posted by TORQUE-29er View Post

Turner Flux with a RFX rear triangle.hey Lefty + 650b peeps...
    Cool Turner convert. What model year Flux and RFX rear end did you use? Do ya have a better pic of the clearance at the seat/chain stays? Thanx

Sail On!
    Now that's a Frankenbike! Where did the BB height end up?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Just fitted 650B in my GT Peace 26". Rear clearance seems ok with 2.3 Nevegals. Will take it out to the trails this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masadesu View Post
    Just fitted 650B in my GT Peace 26". Rear clearance seems ok with 2.3 Nevegals. Will take it out to the trails this weekend.
    Give us a ride report with pics if you can on Monday!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Looking for feed back from anyone who has built/ridden the ICON w/ 650b's. How wasa the build, the ride, quality of the frame, that kinda stuff. Built my TransAM SS & looking at an ICON for a geared build.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddy View Post
    Looking for feed back from anyone who has built/ridden the ICON w/ 650b's. How wasa the build, the ride, quality of the frame, that kinda stuff. Built my TransAM SS & looking at an ICON for a geared build.
    PM Cracked Headtube for ICON information.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

GT Peace 26er with 650B

Ok, here are the pics.

Tires are 27.5x2.35 Nevagals.
    Clearance is fine for back and front.

As for the ride, yes, it has more traction on the hills and curves, rolls faster especially on downhills, and smooths out the bumps. Handling was ok, I guess. Shouldn't change much since geometry is the same, just the bb height slight higher. Not sure since I have only ridden bike on 26" wheels around the parking lot.

It sure was a fun ride today, and seems like this bike was made for 650B wheels!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masadesu View Post
    Ok, here are the pics.

Tires are 27.5x2.35 Nevagals.
    Clearance is fine for back and front.

As for the ride, yes, it has more traction on the hills and curves, rolls faster especially on downhills, and smooths out the bumps. Handling was ok, I guess. Shouldn't change much since geometry is the same, just the bb height slight higher. Not sure since I have only ridden bike on 26" wheels around the parking lot.

It sure was a fun ride today, and seems like this bike was made for 650B wheels!
    Looks great like that!

mtbr member
    Anyone can confirm an '07 Giant Anthem 1?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    can anyone confirm a 2010 specialized fsr xc comp? I saw the camber and 2007 to 2011 stumpy frames will work but I dont want to waste my money. Btw I'm going to be running an x-fusion velvet rl fork.
    Last edited by em6901; 09-28-2011 at 04:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by em6901 View Post
    can anyone confirm a 2010 specialized fsr xc comp? I saw the camber and 2007 to 2011 stumpy frames will work but I dont want to waste my money. Btw I'm going to be running an x-fusion velvet rl fork.
    scottybinwv is rocking 650b on a 2010 FSR.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi, Howdy, Hello, How Dey Hangin'???
    Ok, here we go. I've done some reading here. And though that might be a frightening thought cuz of the friction caused in our drought like conditions here in South Texas. I been thinking. I've got what i think is an 88 Apex. Now i know you're gonna cuss me for this. But i've converted it into a straight road bike. Now i've seen a 650b apex here somewhere (I think). So i know they will work. But my question is this. For straight Road riding. Will the 650c work? I don't know if there is a big enough difference to cause a problem. This is my main road/commuter so i'm wanting some LIGHT Aero wheels. Trispoke or Spinergy Rev X style (I love the "Old School" Mag wheel style. And 650's are hella cheaper. don't shoot me yet. the 2nd pic is my 96 GT Pantera 01. It's my off-road baby. It's fixing to be torn down, cleaned up, and modified into a 3->6spd. also with Mag Style wheels. lol. Anyway, any info on the 650 move. and possiblyu a list of 650, 700, and 26". Mag-Style And Disc wheel manufacturers. Heeeeellllp!!!
    Apex Before
    Name:  DbBefore.jpg
Views: 2803
Size:  35.6 KB
    Apex After
    List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-dbafter.jpg
    Pantera
    List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers-img_9585.jpg

mtbr member
    Well I just got back from meeting a local guy and loaning him my 650b wheels. He plopped them in to his 2009 Stumpjumper FSR and there was room both in front and back. These were Alex XD Lite rims paired up with Neomotos 2.35s. Front fork was a Fox.

This may already be a given - but I figured I'd reiterate that it works with 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR frames.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast