mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Is the Ibis Mojo 3 the best Enduro bike for under the $4000 range?

Hi I'm looking to buy an Enduro bike I still climb alot so I'm looking for a Good Enduro bike that climbs great and decents well. But my main question is what Enduro bike is the cheapest and still very plush feeling, reliable, and quality. And by cheap I mean like $2500-$3300 ish range. If its just doesn't make sense to go that cheap a bike I'm looking at is the Ibis Mojo 3 it's just barly under $4000 and has 130 rear travel and 140 front travel I believe it's a fox 34 fork. It has a 66.8 degree head angle which I like alot because it's not to slack of a head angle and also not to steep which is nice for climbing. The reason I like this bike so much is because my friend has it and I am demoing one I rented right now in California right now. We have been riding on pretty gnarly terrain and honestly probably the gnarliest terrain I will ever ride for the most part and it handles it like a champ. I live in Michigan though so I like how great it is for climbing as well but we take trips often. What do you guys think? Is there a better bike out there for cheaper? Or even the same amount? $4000 is my absolute max I can't bring myself to spend much more at all than that for a new bike. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Sounds like you sold yourself on that bike, you are just trying to find justification on spending that kind of cash on a new bike

I would.
    Look at the Trek Remedy's also. 2018's are out so the left over 2017 are going on clearance at one point

YT has some good bikes and priced well.
    Have you thought about buying a used one?

The new Slash 9.7 is 4500 and it's a enduro weapon
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    YT!!! Canyon is also coming in a month or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Bikes

2018 Santa Cruz Chameleon 27+
    2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by brent701 View Post
    Sounds like you sold yourself on that bike, you are just trying to find justification on spending that kind of cash on a new bike

I would.
    Look at the Trek Remedy's also. 2018's are out so the left over 2017 are going on clearance at one point

Your somewhat right that I'm looking for justification lol but that's only because I've actually ridden it. I haven't and probably won't get the chance to ride anything else but I like to explore all options. I don't really want to spend $4000 on a bike honestly I just don't want to go cheap either if I shouldn't. I do like what I see on YT page though they have some very reasonable prices but they all have some pretty slack head angles which is great for California downhill but not sure if I would like it as much in Michigan not sure though

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by brent701 View Post

I would.

That trek remedy 8 looks pretty nice though Im going to look into that a little more

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobilikebike View Post
    Your somewhat right that I'm looking for justification lol but that's only because I've actually ridden it. I haven't and probably won't get the chance to ride anything else but I like to explore all options. I don't really want to spend $4000 on a bike honestly I just don't want to go cheap either if I shouldn't. I do like what I see on YT page though they have some very reasonable prices but they all have some pretty slack head angles which is great for California downhill but not sure if I would like it as much in Michigan not sure though
    Most bikes are allowing to slacker Head angles but the bikes will climb well.
    My slash at 65* climbed pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hey what do you guys think about the Giant trance advanced 2 2017? I can get it out the door for $3400 right now carbon frame and carbon wheels. Anything bad about this bike? Is it still a good climber?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I'll defer to someone else about the Trance, but I would look at Transition Bikes (the Scout, Smuggler, or Patrol). I just bought a used Patrol that was a demo at a bike park for a song. A few rides on it and I'm grinning ear to ear. The patrol is $4,099 with 160mm front and 155mm rear. The Scout is 140front 125 rear.

You should also look at anything Guerrilla Gravity makes. They have a few bikes that would fit the bill very nicely and will take great care of you, prepare your bike custom to order, and have new builds in your price range.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hey what do you guys think about the Giant trance advanced 2 2017? I can get it out the door for $3400 right now carbon frame and carbon wheels. Anything bad about this bike? Is it still a good climber?
    I got an hour of trails on the Trance 1 and had the thought, "This could be my next bike!" I've demoed a few brands to reach that conclusion, but not the Transition bikes yet.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member
    Go for it. That Ta2 bike was always the best parts/value bike on the market, and the maestro is a really good suspension. Have friends who rave about theirs, like 6 of them. I think you'd love it, though you'll probably want to update the stem and handle bar first thing. That was always the biggest criticism with that bike (too long a stem and too narrow a bar), but that could be a pretty cheap fix, depending on what you choose to put on, and might could get the bike shop to sweeten the deal with their replacement.

I also really like the Mojo3, but you couldn't come close to the equivalent part spec at that price. Better fork, shock, drivetrain....and carbon rims... that can't be beat for 3,400. - But only if the fit is good, and you like the ride, that is always most important.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Great to hear I actually get to demo it on some trails today before I decide so I'll see how it feels. Riding around the parking lot it felt strangley really good but it's to hard to say without taking it on the actual trail so well see

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kablamo View Post
    You should also look at anything Guerrilla Gravity makes. They have a few bikes that would fit the bill very nicely and will take great care of you, prepare your bike custom to order, and have new builds in your price range.
    I second this, Guerrilla Gravity has some absolutely fantastic bikes out right now (I am a little biased since I purchased a Guerrilla gravity megatrail about a month ago). and you can not get any better customer service, they are absolutely unbelievable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Thanks for the help and for recommendations on great bikes I just pulled the trigger on the giant trance advanced 2 sense it was the 2017 model they sold it to me for $3400 out the door and I got to demo it which was very nice. Couldn't pass it up seemed like alot of bike for the money and it was alot closer to my price range

mtbr member
    Nice. I doubt you could find another equivalent specced bike at that price that wasn't used.

How did it ride compared to the mojo?