mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Hightower CC and Mojo 3 / 4HD opinions please!

I would really appreciate some 1st hand feedback from any Ibis and SantaCruz owners. I am looking at the hightower CC or Mojo3 or HD4. I test rode a Yeti SB5+ and a Santa Cruz high tower back to back and was surprised at how much more compliant the back end of the hightower was on square edged hits and large roots. I am looking for a lot of supple rear end compliance because of a really jacked up lower back due to decades of riding (and crashing). On the other hand I don't want a poor pedaling platform like in a FSR type of suspension. I haven't been able to find/ride a mid travel Ibis yet and was looking for some feedback. The option to run 3.0's is also a consideration.

I have a 29+ Lamere Dopamine which is like riding a lazy boy but not the best for the tight technical trails down here in Texas.

Thanks for the input!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Anyone ??? I know you are out there!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I ordered the Hightower . Local SC dealer had plenty of bikes to try, which I did. Local Ibis dealer didnít have any so I ordered the SC. Thatís all I got for you.

WLB
    Slow but not stopped
    A friend of mine has a '17 Hightower running 27.5 2.8 Rekons, I rode it & loved it. I've been on an Ibis Ripley for the past 3 years. I ended up selling the Ripley (great bike, btw, & Ibis is a great company in my experience, no knocks there) I just got a great price on a '17 Hightower frame ($2029 from Backcountry.com) Built it up as a 29'er and am running 29 x 2.6 Nobby Nics. Only have 1 ride, but I'm really liking it so far. The 2.6 fits with a small amount of clearance in the rear. I think the ability to run both 27.5+ & 29" wheels is a great feature. With the right tires I believe you can run up to a 3" 27.5+, which at the right pressure are pretty cushy for your back. Hope this helps a little