Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cs2k View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I think its great that the builds are customizable. But if you compare the base build at 3.5k for the megatrail, the specialized enduro comp 650b, the trek slash 7 and the Giant Reign 27.5.2, they all come with the pike stock at a similar price point. Where with the Bronson, you can get a full carbon bike at that price point. (the RAM build). In addition, all of those other bikes come with more sophisticated suspension (vpp, maestro, horstlink, ABP) compared to the single-pivot on the megatrail. I don't see how your build kits can be competitive.
    VPP and maestro makes allot of compromises that a good single pivot doesnt..the feel of the megatrail in the rough is incredible

mtbr memeber
    Quote Originally Posted by wydopen
    For the type of riding I do...
    Thanks. I "look forward" to experiencing these things.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpre View Post
    Thanks. I "look forward" to experiencing these things.
    For what it's worth i liked it until I tried some other bikes. Particularly ones with longer top tubes..meaning larges when I usually ride mediums

bipolar-roller
    Quote Originally Posted by cs2k View Post
    Not to rain on the parade here. But I took a look at the build kits for this bike and it seems to be of really bad value compared to the big manufacturers.

You have to get the $5.2k build in order to get the pike. In fact this build is comparable to the Specialized Enduro 650b comp, which can be had for around $3.2k in LBS. Other comparable bikes like the Giant Reign and Bronson also seem to be much better value than this bike.

I guess all the premiums are in the "made in USA" but this bike seems to offer horrible value.
    Need to look at more than just the fork. There are a lot of other components besides the fork that matter a lot. I've been looking at the megatrail, Bronson and enduro and think the megatrail offers a pretty comparable build package as these other two bikes.

Looking at the specs, the specialized enduro elite 650b for 5k is more comparable to the megatrail enduro 1 build than the enduro comp 650b. The comp comes with a fox ctd shock and deore brakes. The elite for 5k comes with a DB inline not the DB CS like the megatrail endro 1 build.

For the Bronson, the $3,200 R comes with a RS sektor. Need to move up to the $4200 S to get a pike, and then do the custom upgrade to move from the fox ctd shock to get a DB CS. Still need to do other upgrades to the S like switch out the slx brakes to sram guide. If you want a Bronson that comes with sram guide brakes you need to get the $8,400 xx1 carbon C.

The giant reign looks like you'll need to get the $6k 27.5 1 to get comparable/better components and it doesn't come with a DB CS. The reign 27.5 2 for $3,400 comes with mostly deore specs. And it's a giant so you'll have to weed through their marketing BS to figure out what kind of performance your really going to get.

Also, pretty sure you won't be able to customize any of the bikes from spec, Santa Cruz or giant like you can with GG. I consider not being able to upgrade different parts on the spec, Santa Cruz and giant "horrible" for the customer. Love they GG lets you choose exactly how you want your bike built. I'll pay a little more for good customer service any day, but looking at all the specs, not just one component, looks like I won't need to with GG.
    Last edited by singletrackmack; 10-08-2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

"I only had like two winekills captain buzzcooler"

mtbr memeber
    Quote Originally Posted by wydopen
    For what it's worth i liked it until I tried some other bikes. Particularly ones with longer top tubes..meaning larges when I usually ride mediums
    I learned that lesson this year that I too like longer top tubes than I previously thought, so I sized the Reign up as much as I could.

That is one aspect of the Megatrail I know I would like.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Everyone says this thing climbs well. Relative to what? I don't expect it to be a hardtail, but I'm hoping it's as good or close to a proper trail bike. The GG guys say it does, but I have to take that with a grain of salt given their obvious bias.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    Everyone says this thing climbs well. Relative to what? I don't expect it to be a hardtail, but I'm hoping it's as good or close to a proper trail bike. The GG guys say it does, but I have to take that with a grain of salt given their obvious bias.

My reviews for day one are up on my blog now, including the Megatrail. I was super impressed with how well this climbed..... compared to every big 160 bike we rode.
    Leave it in Trail Mode and click in the CS and you're golden. Fully open in Gravity mode I didn't test too much for climbing, but it was definitely more active and squatted a little more while climbing.
    Last edited by KRob; 12-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    My most recent bike, which the Megatrail replaced, was a Pivot Mach 5.7. The Megatrail climbs AS WELL as the Pivot did in my opinion, though certainly with a different feel. And it was an aggressive trail bike that was touted as a good climber, not a full blown 6" AM beast like the MT.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've been playing with my db inline on the megatrail trying to sort out a bottoming issue on some features in my normal loop and in talking with Will ended up with a pretty killer setup. Shock settings are fairly close to recommended except for sag which is 12mm (~20%) instead of 14mm, a bit of extra high an low rebound and 2 extra clicks of low speed compression. I also added 6 monarch plus volume bands (which will be swapped for cc volume reducers when they arrive).

The result is a bike that now climbs as well in gravity mode with the climb switch off as it used to with the switch on or in super gravity or trail mode but still is amazing on the downhills. The bike is becoming an insane amount of fun and I am very happy with my new bike choice!

Hey, a Bright Shiny Thing
    May 2010
    Does anyone who has time on this bike feel that the BFC with the 11/36 was enough with a 32T front?
    Trying to decide between a 32T and a 30T up front on my build.

Thx

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

32T Chainring and a 40t OneUp cog

Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    Does anyone who has time on this bike feel that the BFC with the 11/36 was enough with a 32T front?

Thx
    I'm running a 32t chainring and a 40t OneUp cog and it is working well for me. Gearing is always personal preference though and obviously depends a lot on where you ride. My climbs are fairly steep but not very technical and I've been running 1X setups since 9 speed with an 11-34 cassette so 40t seems awesome. I run 40t over 42t now so I can run a saint derailleur.

I think you will be happier with 32t up front if you have any fast fireroad or paved sections in your normal ride. I've got a couple spots where I run out of gearing with a 32t that keep from from moving to 30t.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    I run a 32t front on mine with 11-BFC on the back and don't plan on going down in size on the chainring.

What's your climbing speed? 32t is the most common front size, with 30t usually for people that don't have as much climbing power or are in no hurry to the top. Or, if you ride a lot of really steep climbs, 30t might not be a bad idea.

mtbr member

Thx
    That's been a good setup for me, and I'm a 200 pounder climbing Front Range trails.

dontcha?
    Yeah I run a 32T up front w/BFC, def. has enough range for most of the trails I ride. Sometimes I wish I had a 34T for the faster sections/trails.
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

May 2010
    Thanks for the input. I would conservatively say my climbing speed is pretty average, not the greatest, I'm 230# kitted up. sounds like the 32 is a good starting point.

mtbr member
    What do you use right now? You can calculate your gear ratio of what you have now versus what you're planning on getting for your new whip. Google bike gear ratio or something like that. Or just divide front by rear:

Ex: 30/42 = .71
    Ex (2x setup granny): 24/34 = .7058

That's my setup. My local trails are pretty steep. You gain about 1,000' in about 2 miles. That said, a 30t front w/ 42t cog is good for me. Although some of my 29er bros with that same set up curse my local trails. Until they start going down of course
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Yea I added a BFC and I have a 32 up front...I rarely shift into the 42t..Ideally Id have a 34t or even 36t up front but keep in mind I try to hammer everywhere and keep my momentum up...I do use the BFC on a few long very steep sustained fire road climbs but for steep tech Im usually a few cogs down and standing up

a 32t should have you covered I dont spin out very often and it keeps the chain in the lower part of the cassette which is nice

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    The 32xBFC is plenty of low gear for Colorado front range climbs, I demo'ed a Megatrail with 34xBFC (42) and that was less comfortable but rideable, on this bike I think a 30 would be too small (on my Roscoe I was running a 30x40, the Megatrail is far more efficient).

i have to disagree with the "not price competitive" comments. I looked at other bikes in the $3 to $5k range (specialized, Santa Cruz, Niner, etc) and each had one or more items that I would quickly swap - and the cost of upgrades would meet or exceed what I could get with the Megatrail out the door. So if you are happy with another complete build, that's probably a good choice for you.

I ended up with a pretty custom Megatrail. GG worked with me to get the best spec for my budget and I picked the color. I have a killer bike and, after several hundred trail miles, haven't found a single thing I would change.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I recently got my megatrail. Ive had it out three times now and its awesome. The handling and manualing are great, the gravity mode is kick a@@. The BFC works great. The thing loves rock gardens. Im impressed in every way. The company is also great to work with. Pretty refreshing actually. Im proud to own one. I want the company to stay small but these guys deserve to make it big.

May 2010
    Quick update....I've had some time with my MT and can report that the 32T front and BFC out back hasn't disappointed. I find the shifting much better than my old 42T setup. I haven't needed any more range on my rides at least. My biggest adjustment is the low bb height and pedal strikes, which is on me, not the bike. I knew going in that that would be an issue. AZ has some pretty rocky stuff, but I'm pedal smashing pretty frequently, enough so to make me consider some 170mm cranks. Does anyone here have 170's on their MT? I'm 6'4" and have never had 170's, but also haven't had a trailbike with this low of a bb. As a side Like other customers of GG, I love my bike and think GG is the type of business I enjoy supporting.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Azfishman, check sag before going shorter on crankarms. The baseline is 12-14mm on the shock, measured seated in climbing position. If you have any questions, or just want to bounce some tuning ideas off us, feel free to email us.
    To answer your question, 170mm crank arms are common on MT's, but you're also pretty tall.

dontcha?
    Quick update....I've had some time with my MT and can report that the 32T front and BFC out back hasn't disappointed. I find the shifting much better than my old 42T setup. I haven't needed any more range on my rides at least. My biggest adjustment is the low bb height and pedal strikes, which is on me, not the bike. I knew going in that that would be an issue. AZ has some pretty rocky stuff, but I'm pedal smashing pretty frequently, enough so to make me consider some 170mm cranks. Does anyone here have 170's on their MT? I'm 6'4" and have never had 170's, but also haven't had a trailbike with this low of a bb. As a side Like other customers of GG, I love my bike and think GG is the type of business I enjoy supporting.
    I'm 6'4" and run 170mm cranks on my MT, I've been running 170s since I got my Stumpjumper Evo(low bb also). There is a def. an adjustment period, but once you get the hang of it you'll almost never pedal strike(I only pedal strike when I'm super tired)
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

May 2010
    I've got 250 psi now in the DB Inline, gonna give it a loop or two and see if that helps out. Thx for the tips, I'm not the best when it comes to suspension set up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    170 cranks for me

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Guerrilla Gravity updated their website, ridegg.com. You can now build and price your dream, or budget, megatrail. It's pretty slick and has an owners section with shock setup suggestions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    That's pretty cool. Some info on torque settings on some of the bolts would be cool too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    which bolts are you wondering about for torque settings?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    The pivot bolts by the axle and the bolts at the top of the rocker. The main pivot axle is the main one though.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    That is on our list of stuff to add

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Has anyone here with a Mega - ridden the Norco Sight - and have a compare/contrast?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'd think the Norco Range would be a more appropriate comparison. I was shopping that bike when I came across the Megatrail, but could never find one to hop on and test ride. One test ride on the Megatrail had me sold though, so I stopped looking.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Don't disagree with the more direct comparo being the Range - i happen to have a Sight which i love - but this one keeps grabbing me for a bunch of reasons- just need to get a demo on one so I know for myself!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    Don't disagree with the more direct comparo being the Range - i happen to have a Sight which i love - but this one keeps grabbing me for a bunch of reasons- just need to get a demo on one so I know for myself!
    Where are you located? We might be able to work out a demo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    you good sir are in luck - right here in the good ol front range!!!!!!

i guess that really means I'm in luck - love to grab a demo from ya and will indeed do so... I believe I'd be on a small... about 5'6" tall -

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    you good sir are in luck - right here in the good ol front range!!!!!!

i guess that really means I'm in luck - love to grab a demo from ya and will indeed do so... I believe I'd be on a small... about 5'6" tall -
    Yep, a small would be the perfect size. Come on down and we can set you up to demo one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Just wanted to chime in. I am now on a megatrail. 6'0" and a medium fits me just right with a 50 stem. I moved to a megatrail from a knolly chilcotin and endorphin. I loved both of those bikes. The chili was great down and the endorphin was good down and good up. The Megatrail in my opinion is a better pedaling bike than the endorphin with the same rear shock (CCDBA CS). It is also a better descending bike than the Chili. The chili was great but the Mega is so much more poppy and fun and because of that it "seems" faster. Just had to tell somebody my thoughts. Peace Out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hey guys, I have been lurking here for a few months and should be receiving my large 27.5" Megatrail late next week. I am super stoked to get on the Megatrail, I am coming off of a 26" XL Ibis HDR with a similar build and I am looking forward to the longer top tube and more aggressive geometry. Matt and Will have been a pleasure to work with, I ended up keeping a lot of parts from the HDR build and transferring them over to the Megatrail and it was really nice being able to pick and choose what components I wanted.

I was going to get the frame in raw for the longest time but then at the last minute decided to go with black frame with black decals. The build will be somewhat stealthy but with blue ano-highlights (headset, hubs, disk brake adapters, pedals pins/axle cap).

I'm 6'2", and will be riding with 800mm wide bars on a 40mm stem, I also have a 50mm stem to try but I am thinking that the 40 will be good for me on the large size. I hope to have a ride report soon.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Oh shit yes! Watch out, the Rogue Valley is gonna have two Megatrails getting rad out there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You know it Boone! Hopefully the frame will be showing up this Thursday and I will be riding Saturday/Sunday. Are you still working weekends?
    Last edited by shizzon; 03-09-2015 at 08:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbxmikey View Post
    Just wanted to chime in. I am now on a megatrail. 6'0" and a medium fits me just right with a 50 stem. I moved to a megatrail from a knolly chilcotin and endorphin. I loved both of those bikes. The chili was great down and the endorphin was good down and good up. The Megatrail in my opinion is a better pedaling bike than the endorphin with the same rear shock (CCDBA CS). It is also a better descending bike than the Chili. The chili was great but the Mega is so much more poppy and fun and because of that it "seems" faster. Just had to tell somebody my thoughts. Peace Out.
    Bold statement there Mbxmikey but after my test ride I had the same general impression. I'd just climbed Hymasa and descended Cap'n Ahab in Moab on my Chili the day before and then I did the same on the Megatrail the next day (after a full day of testing bikes at Outerbike) and I was surprised how responsive and nimble the MT felt while climbing despite my spent legs. I don't have any significant time on the 26" Endo so can't say if it was more responsive than that, but it did match the Chili on the descent and felt more poppy while doing it. Very impressive bike.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Here is my large Megatrail on its maiden voyage! I rode 10 miles with 1500 feet of climbing on some smooth local singletrack in trail mode and the bike felt great. I rode some more technical terrain later in the day in trail mode as well and the bike felt solid and predictable despite me being wrecked as it has been a good four months since my last ride. The second ride was an out and back, 3 miles and 1300' of elevation to climb to the top; I felt/was slow but the bike felt very capable of going fast on chunky terrain. I can't wait to try gravity mode, but for now I am trying to get used to the already fairly low trail mode BB height so I will give it a few more rides before I give it a go.

So far I am very impressed. The bike feels solid and I did not feel any unwanted flex in the frame; I am a what you would consider a clydesdale, at 6'2" and 250 lb (actually a bit heavier now due to a hiatus from riding overlapping with the holidays...), so this is impressive. I will say that I was not quite ready to rail corners with authority yet so I have not really tested the frames rigidity, however, so far it feels up to the task.

Also, the size large frame and 40mm stem feels great so far, I am still adapting to cornering with the longer wheelbase, slacker HA and bigger wheels but the fit on the bike feels spectacular!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-bike-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    damn, that is one sexy bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Geez, Mrp stage, DBA, i9 wheels, SIXc crank. That bike is a masterpiece. And murdered out too!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Nice build Shizzon, that looks badass!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Ride Report

Hey Guys,

I now have 6 rides (about 60 miles and 8,000 feet of climbing) on the Megatrail and I am loving this bike. I have found that for most of my riding I can just leave it in gravity mode and enjoy the benefits of the low BB height on corners while still being efficient at pedaling. I have, though, been using the trail mode for technical climbs, in which the added BB height is helpful when negotiating rocky terrain; I just switch to gravity mode at the top and enjoy the decent.

I will reiterate that the frame is stiff and does not seem to have any issues with my size; no tire rub on the seat stays in corners is great, I was having some issues this with my HDR with 26" I9 enduro's (with DH spokes).

All in all I am a very happy customer and highly recommend not only the bike but the folks that are making them.

Here is the full build for those who may be interested:

Frame: Large Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail 27.5 F/R, black powder coat w/black decals
    Shock: Cane Creek DBair CS
    Headset: Cane Creek 110, Blue
    Fork: MRP Stage
    Stem: Renthal Duo 40mm
    Bar: Enve DH, 800mm
    Brakes XTR Trail, 203F/180R XT Icetech Rotors (180 F/R currently)
    Shifter: XTR 10 spd.
    Rear Der. XTR 10 spd. w/RADr cage
    Cassette: XTR 10 spd. with Wolftooth 42t cog and OneUp 16t
    Chain: XT 10 spd.
    Seatpost: KS LEV ti 150mm
    Saddle: WTB Silverado SLT
    Wheelset #1: Industry Nine Torch Enduro, Blue hubs black Spokes
    Wheelset # 2: Industry Nine Torch Classic hubs in blue, still deciding on what wide carbon rims to try.
    Cranks: RaceFace SixC Cinch, 170mm
    Guide: MRP AMg carbon, black 28-32t (still waiting for this)
    BB: RaceFace
    Chainring: RaceFace DM 32t, black
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti, Flat Black with blue pins and axle cap
    Grips: Bontrager Race Lite Plus Lock On
    Cables/Housing: Jagwire Mountain Pro Shift used for der. and seatpost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-20150322_132441.jpg  

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-20150322_132527.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Well, I'm joining the club... just put my deposit down. Test rode one at Bootleg a week ago and I was grinning ear to ear when I got done. I've been demoing a lot of bikes trying to find that one with the magic feel to replace my Santa Cruz 5010c. The 5010 is an awesome bike and SOOO light, but I just need a little more in the DH direction, I could never get it to feel quite like I wanted on the dh. I had just test rode an Intense t275c that was totally blinged out the week before, and the MegaShiz blew it away up and down (in my humble opinion). Now I just have to pick a color, I was thinking the Green, but shizzon's murdered out black with blue tidbits looks pretty sick. Decisions, decisions....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Oh, one other thing, any feed back on RS Monarch Plus or CC Inline? I'm about 150lbs and want more poppy and playful. ~Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hombreduro View Post
    Well, I'm joining the club... just put my deposit down. Test rode one at Bootleg a week ago and I was grinning ear to ear when I got done. I've been demoing a lot of bikes trying to find that one with the magic feel to replace my Santa Cruz 5010c. The 5010 is an awesome bike and SOOO light, but I just need a little more in the DH direction, I could never get it to feel quite like I wanted on the dh. I had just test rode an Intense t275c that was totally blinged out the week before, and the MegaShiz blew it away up and down (in my humble opinion). Now I just have to pick a color, I was thinking the Green, but shizzon's murdered out black with blue tidbits looks pretty sick. Decisions, decisions....
    Congrats Rod! I think you'll love the Megatrail. Glad they got you on it out at Bootleg Canyon to seal the deal. That's an excellent testing ground for that bike.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Both the Inline and Monarch Plus Debonair work well and will have a poppy/playful feel. But, here's the differences we notice the most:
    - Monarch Debonair produces a more coil-like feel in the first half of the travel, and is a simpler, set and forget style.
    - DB Inline yields a little better pedal clearance in techy climbing due to the spring curve difference, and allows for more fine tuning with the damper settings and climb switch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have been on DBair's for a while now (had the non climb switch version on my HDR), and they are great riding shocks. I did have a bunch of issues with the DBair that I had on my HDR though, it required frequent rebuilds and repair (though Garage works did stand behind their work and I did not have to pay for the 4-5 rebuilds). I am hoping that I will have better luck with the CS version on my Mega; so far with some minor adjustments for my heft the rear end feels great.

I do have a friend that rides a Process 153, which came stock with a Monarch RT (not the Plus, so not sure if it is comparable), but he pretty quickly upgraded to the DBair CS. Before he destroyed his knee a month and a half ago (complete tear of ACL, and near complete of meniscus) he was enjoying the Cane Creek and noted improvements over the Monarch.

As for color, GG has a picture in their gallery of a raw Megatrail frame with green components that nearly made me switch up my build, looks really good!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    One thing to note on Monarch shocks: the Debonair can makes a big difference in feel, compared to their standard air cans.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I really want to demo one of these bikes. I should be on the front range sometime in the next couple of months and will have to make it a priority (I live on the western slope). Buying a killer bike from a semi-local and small company would be awesome. I love the site upgrade with the customization tool too!

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    We'll be at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival next month with demo bikes, so keep in touch and you can demo one then/there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    A little over a week ago I met up with Theron at Bootleg Canyon to demo the Megatrail. It was a large raw frame set up with an MRP Stage, CCDBA w/cs, Atomic carbon rims, x-7 drive train, xt brakes, and some other odds and ends. For comparison's sake, I'm 6'3", 225 lbs without gear, and I generally ride alpine trails. I'd describe myself as an intermediate+ rider with a current fitness level of 'meh'. If I could be on any trail right now, instead of in a cubicle, it would be the Whole Enchilada in Moab.

I would describe the build quality of the bike as 'industrial'. Everything seems a little bit bigger than I would expect from the big manufacturers. Various parts are machined to decrease the weight of the bike, and it is obviously well thought out and well constructed. The bike appears to be constructed with straight tubes formed and shaped to make the frame. Almost all bike brands seem to be using hydroformed tubes these days, so this gives the Megatrail an instant distinction in its looks. I wouldn't call the frame sexy, but I would call it manly, burly, and rugged (which is what I prefer in something I intend on abusing). I'm the kind of person that wants a bike for its functionality, not as a trophie to show off, so looks weren't high on my priority in making a decision, but I do like the bike's appearance and it's growing on me daily. There was a black and red themed small Megatrail (BAMF edition?) with the racing crew at Bootleg that looked very nice (as sexy as I expect this frame is able to be) and has me wanting to follow the same color theme.

The first ride I took it on was the Skyline trail to Girl Scout back to the loading area of the shuttle truck. The bike was in gravity mode for this ride. I had quite a few pedal strikes. This was the first time I've used flats instead of clipless pedals in six years; so take that into consideration. I had mixed feelings about the bike after that first little bit. After Skyline, I finished up riding down Girl Scout, and pedal strikes weren't much of an issue there. The bike was fun, fast, and cornered better than I expected.

After reaching the bottom, I switched the bike into trail mode and immediately felt the added clearance and more upright positioning. Having come from a 2008 Stumpjumper that I've tweaked the size on to fit me, I was surprised that the Megatrail felt even more comfortable than that bike. For all it's rugged appearances, it felt like relaxing into a favorite recliner. I substituted Skyline for Boy Scout and rode out on Girl Scout again (I tried to ride the same features so as to make an objective comparision between modes). For these trails, trail mode was the way to go. Pedal strikes were gone, and the overall ride was very enjoyable.

At last I swapped to my 2008 XL Stumpjumper to be see the difference. The stumpjumper has a proprietary fox triad on the rear and a 120 mm Fox Float 32 on the front. I decided to let a little air out of the fork to make it a little more plush and reset the air in the rear as well because I knew the bike wouldn't feel as nice as the Megatrail with it's superior components. The Stumpy felt like I expected it to, a bit more chattery and jarring than the Megatrail. My wife trailed me on all of these rides and had no problem keeping up with me on my old bike, whereas with the Megatrail I had to occasionally stop and wait for her. The difference in speed was apparent, and I had switched back to clipless for the the Stumpy!

Theron with the GG crew let me take the Megatrail I demoed home with me. While I don't really believe it makes a difference in the product, I enjoy supporting more locally based businesses, and the fact that I can get an email from the guys who are actually building these bikes. Guerilla Gravity is able to work with builds to help keep budgets in check to a degree that is fairly uncommon these days. It seems that bike manufacturers are only offering a couple select builds with their top end models, so seeing GG offer the flexibility they do was a breath of fresh air (the range of color options is pretty impressive).

Since then I've taken the bike to the Ogden Bike Park in Utah just to see how it felt on more jumpy terrain. I left the bike in gravity mode and it felt great the entire time. I had maybe 2 pedal strikes from pedaling when I shouldn't have over several hours of riding. My skill set held me back here and not the bike.

In summary, I was looking for as close to a do-it-all bike as I could get to replace the Stumpjumper (I can't really afford a stable of bikes) and the Megatrail delivered. It is a great bike built by a great group of guys for someone who still wants to climb like they are riding an XC bike while not having to feel like they are on an XC bike on the way down. It doesn't feel like there is any overlap between the Megatrail and the Stumpjumper; the Megatrail does everything better. My stoke level for riding hasn't been higher in years.

As a note, props to the Guerilla Gravity guys for working with my wife to surprise me with the demo at Bootleg Canyon. I was planning on taking a trip to Denver to demo the Megatrail while my wife was planning a surprise anniversary trip to Las Vegas. She planned on going to Bootleg before I had told her that the GG guys would be there and I could get a demo there instead of Colorado. Props to Will @ GG for helping her out to be sure I could get a bike to ride on and to Theron for delivering. Everything fell into place wonderfully and I'm happy it did. If anyone wants to check out a large Megatrail near Provo Utah, send me a PM and we can arrange something.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Put an order last week or so, for a Medium Raw Megatrail. Can't wait. But it's a 26in, so I won't talk much in this topic
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Sweet! I will be at the Fat Tire festival, hopefully I can get some saddle time in on one. Now i'm looking forward to that weekend even more. I was born in Denver and have spent many years living over there in my life, but i've never ridden around there so being in familiar terrain will be great.

Coldfriction: nice review. Another one that makes me want to check out the bike. Also, I have to agree the black and red color scheme looks great, the pic of the small frame on the site (which i'm pretty sure is the size I would need) is my favorite, with the green one coming in second. I am curious what a black with gold would look like.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Push Industries ElevenSix Shock

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but Push industries now shows that the ElevenSix shock is available for the GG Megatrail. I was very excited until I saw that the max rider weight for the ElevenSix when used on the Megatrail is 210lb, which I am over by a considerable margin (currently around 255-260 lb, I can definitely stand to loose some weight, but I don't think that 210lb is very realistic for my height and build).

Anyways, the CCDBA on my megatrail is displaying the same exact feeling at the top of travel that I was getting on my Ibis HDR (the HDR had the non-climbswtich version of the DBair): High initial force is required to initiate travel, and a generally "notchy" feel in the first few mm of shock travel. Once at sag the notchy feeling is mostly gone and the travel feels smooth, but the high pressures that are required for my weight seem to lead to a poor feeling initial stroke.

The issues listed above are why I am looking into coil shocks (in spite of the megatrail being designed for air shocks), and the ElevenSix was the most exciting to me as I could still effectively have a "climb switch" by tuning one of the compression stacks for climbing efficiency. The shock may be out of the question for me (I am in the process of trying to ask if my weight could be accommodated, perhaps in the supergravity/supertrail modes or with a small change to the shock itself), but I figured I would post so that others would know that the ElevenSix is now available for the Megatrail.

I do know that the Monarch shock is going to offer a more coil-like ride when compared to the DBair, I don't like the limited compression adjustments; at my weight and with my fairly aggressive riding style, I tend to fall outside the normal ranges that these shocks are designed for.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Well, that was fast. PUSH took a Megatrail 2 days ago to test the ElevenSix and come up with a tune for it.
    I would give them a call about running it on your Megatrail before completely ruling it out on weight. That shock in person looked like a piece of art, we all can't wait to ride one (which should happen in the next few days).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I recently rode mine in Gravity mode with a db coil. I weigh 175 lbs and ran a 550lb ti coil as I already had it. I think a 500 would be closer to my ideal spring rate. My guess is that those weight limits are based on spring rate availability.

The ride with the coil was good but not amazing. I've run quite a few shocks on mine now and found the db air cs to be the best. I get what you mean about the initial stroke though. I experienced that on the db inline as I needed about 210psi in it. With the db cs im only running 145psi and the bike feels amazing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I just got off the phone with Darren at Push (who was very helpful), and it appears as though the only thing preventing someone my size from running the ElevenSix shock is the currently available spring rate range that they are having produced. So there is a definite possibility of this shock working for us bigger fellas on the Mega, we just need more fat guys to buy the bike and ask Push to have spring rates produced to match.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa View Post
    Well, that was fast. PUSH took a Megatrail 2 days ago to test the ElevenSix and come up with a tune for it.
    I would give them a call about running it on your Megatrail before completely ruling it out on weight. That shock in person looked like a piece of art, we all can't wait to ride one (which should happen in the next few days).
    When I spoke to Darren he mentioned that he had just put the Megatrail up on the list yesterday as he had just received the bike and was able to work out a tune for it; he had some very nice things to say about the way the bike rides! According to Darren, I would need something in the 700lb range or more, and there are several other bikes on the list that have a weight limit at this time due to the lack of heavier springs.

Darren did not mention whether they were basing these weight limits on the standards leverage ratios for trail and gravity mode or the "supertrail" and "supergravity" ratios offered with the lower front shock mount. Given the more progressive nature of the "super" settings, would this allow me to get by with a slightly lower spring rate for a given sag point? Even if this is the case, I doubt that it would allow me to use their current highest spring rate of 575 lb., but perhaps if they do make a few more heavier springs in the future I may be able to run one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    You could probably run a cane creek coil with a reducer if needed. As long as the id of the coil is close it should not cause you problems. It does sound like the push spec'd coils will be better or maybe lighter than standard steel.

I'm sure Matt will chime in on the leverage issues associated with running a coil in trail or either super mode but my understanding is that the same attributes that make the bike run so well with an air shock make it less compatible with a coil. The mid stroke would be too stiff with a coil in anything but gravity mode.

mtbr member
    Arrived today, maiden voyage tomorrow or Wednesday. Super stoked!

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435030099.952594.jpg

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Hell yeah Kragu!

As far as the PUSH ElevenSix, Darren said they have stiffer coil springs coming down the pipeline, and that's the only reason for the rider weight limit at the moment.

About coil springs and leverage curves: the Megatrail was designed around an air spring. That being said, there are no weird jerks or extremities in the leverage curve either, so people that have been trying coil springs have been liking them. It seems most people that run coils prefer Super Gravity for the most part. We'll see, we just got a PUSH ElevenSix in house and will be riding the crap out of it starting today.
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-push-elevensix.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Man that shock looks good! I'm excited to hear your impressions and recommendations in regards to the ElevenSix on the Megatrail. Is there still from for a water bottle with the ElevenSix mounted up? Its hard to tell from that angle, but it looks as if the piggyback is encroaching slightly into the area that the water bottle resides.

mtbr member
    Seems like you'd be fine if you flipped the shock around.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Seems like you'd be fine if you flipped the shock around.
    It almost fits upside down, but not quite. I think the water bottle will still fit, it will likely just require either a different cage or drilling two new holes in the current bottle cage.

mtbr member
    You could probably run a cane creek coil with a reducer if needed. As long as the id of the coil is close it should not cause you problems. It does sound like the push spec'd coils will be better or maybe lighter than standard steel.
    ELEVENSIX uses a specifically engineered suspension spring, so using a standard compression spring found on a production MTB shock is not possible even with a reducer as it would interfere with the retainers and spring bearing system.

I think it's also important to point out that with ELEVENSIX we have the ability to alter how progressive the spring curve is by altering the bump stop used. The melon colored bumper seen in the photo that Matt posted up for instance generates an additional 600lbs of spring load over the last roughly 45mm of wheel travel. We have the rod bumpers in 6 different densities to alter that characteristic per application.

Really stoked to have had the opportunity to work on , and ride this bike. Big thanks to the GG crew. This bike rips!

Darren

Now with flavor!!
    That shock still reminds me of the naked lunch movie

STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I read Matt's post as I arrived at Snow Summit today. I ran a coil double barrel all day and found that super gravity mode definitely felt better than gravity mode. This was my first bike park day on the megatrail and I was extremely happy with the bike. I will definitely run the coil for bike park days in the future!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marti163 View Post
    I read Matt's post as I arrived at Snow Summit today. I ran a coil double barrel all day and found that super gravity mode definitely felt better than gravity mode. This was my first bike park day on the megatrail and I was extremely happy with the bike. I will definitely run the coil for bike park days in the future!
    Sweet, dude! You going to be up there tomorrow? First two days on the MT will be at Snow Summit tomorrow and Thursday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nope...won't be there again this week. Hoping for a trip or two more before I move out of the area at then end of July though. Have fun! The trails were in great shape today!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    ELEVENSIX uses a specifically engineered suspension spring, so using a standard compression spring found on a production MTB shock is not possible even with a reducer as it would interfere with the retainers and spring bearing system.

I think it's also important to point out that with ELEVENSIX we have the ability to alter how progressive the spring curve is by altering the bump stop used. The melon colored bumper seen in the photo that Matt posted up for instance generates an additional 600lbs of spring load over the last roughly 45mm of wheel travel. We have the rod bumpers in 6 different densities to alter that characteristic per application.

Really stoked to have had the opportunity to work on , and ride this bike. Big thanks to the GG crew. This bike rips!

Darren
    Dont leave us Knomers hanging Darren. Still waiting to hear the official word from you regarding the 11-6 application for the Knolly Warden:

PUSH Elevensix shock Feasibility for WARDEN

mtbr member
    That shock still reminds me of the naked lunch movie

Dont leave us Knomers hanging Darren. Still waiting to hear the official word from you regarding the 11-6 application for the Knolly Warden:
    I was going to post an update, but it looks like Kevin just chimed in. Warden shock available now through the site.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi Darren,

I would like to suggest that you offer a line of cosmetic covers for the ElevenSix shock to make it look like existing shocks on the market. My girlfriend is pretty observant when it comes to my bike and would definitely notice the switch from my current CCDB Air to the ElevenSix, and I feel as though a simple fabric cover printed to look like the DBair from afar may be enough to prevent her from going in for a closer look and discovering my impulsive (yet necessary) purchase.

I did some quick calculations, and I believe that this cover will allow deceitful spouses like myself to purchase the shock without fear of discovery, and this should increase your sales of the ElevenSix by roughly 500%.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    you just spoke to the hearts of many a guy mtbr on here who like you - have mtb ADHD and upgrade-itis - and a spouse who may have gained a keen eye! if a kickstarter were started for cloaking devices that keep the mtb looking stock - it would likely blow up!!

Outcast
    you just spoke to the hearts of many a guy mtbr on here who like you - have mtb ADHD and upgrade-itis - and a spouse who may have gained a keen eye! if a kickstarter were started for cloaking devices that keep the mtb looking stock - it would likely blow up!!
    The technique I use for this strategy is to always purchase black frames and black components. If the frame I want doesn't come in black, it goes to the paint shop before it ever comes home.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Renegade,

This was definitely a consideration for my megatrail build, however, the ElevenSex would stand out like a diamond in the rough on my fairly stealthy black/blue build.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzon View Post
    Renegade,

This was definitely a consideration for my megatrail build, however, the ElevenSex would stand out like a diamond in the rough on my fairly stealthy black/blue build.
    A can of 5 dollar spray paint could have taken care of the eleven six. I'm sure Darren would approve!

Edit: or black vinyl tape, carefully applied. Or black Plasti-dip (spray can version).

Trail Bomber
    Sep 2013
    I have spent some time on a rider demo day with them. Its a super capable all day trail destroyer. I like the fact you can run the bike in trail mode.. or gravity mode for those park days. I thought it climbed well, and it descended even better. The guys behind it are awesome, and will always have your back.
    2016 Santa Cruz Nomad
    2016 Specialized Fat Boy Trail

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Order just placed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Order just placed.
    Good decision. This thing is all kinds of amazing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Returning to the MTB scene after long hiatus due to work, divorce, life etc. Have been out of scene and out of the touch with the new standards and such.

Spent the last few months researching every bike and changes that have happened since away the last few years. I have decided on the Megatrail. My frame is paid for and the build is in the works. I am taking time from work to drive to from Seattle to Denver and pick-up in person and hit some riding spots and camp along the way on drive back to Seattle.

I am older, and fatter, and have not been on bike in years, so this bike may be overkill, but it has everything I wanted 5 years ago and is burly. I am currently about 250 pounds and do not want carbon, creaky BB's, etc, and this bike has the geometry dead on for me. It was between this and the new Turner Burner. Burner is completely different bike and probably more realistic for me and my discipline, age, etc, but I could not find fault in the megatrail even though I have not been on one.

My last bike was a Turner RFX and I was going to go Turner as mentioned, but decided Megatrail and if it turns out to be too much bike or I suck too bad, then I can always switch to Turner. But for now, I am excited to get back, excited for this bike and excited to support an American Company that can hopefully help change the philosophy and approach of how buying and building a bike should be.

My build as ordered from the guys at Guerrilla Gravity and expected to be done in a few weeks is as follows:

Frame Size: Large - 27.5” Wheels
    Frame Color: Raw
    Decal Color: Black
    Fork - 160 mm Travel: Rock Shox Pike RC - Dual Position - Black
    Shock: CC DBAir
    Headset: Cane Creek 110 - Black
    Stem: Race Face Atlas 35 - 35 mm Long
    Handlebar: Race Face SIXc 35 - 800 mm Wide - 20 mm rise(black and trimmed to 760)
    Grips: EASTON Lock-on, Black, 33mm
    Brakeset - Includes 200F/180R Rotors: SRAM Guide RSC
    Crankset: Race Face NextSL CINCH
    Chainring: Race Face Narrow/Wide - CINCH - 30t - Black
    Drivetrain: SRAM X01 - 11 Speed
    Chainguide/Bash Guard: MRP AMg Carbon
    Pedals: DEITY Bladerunner, Black
    Saddle:W TB VOLT Team (ti rails and black on black)
    Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth
    Front Tire: Maxxis High Roller II
    Rear Tire: Maxxis High Roller II
    Wheelset - Tubeless: NOX FARLOW with I9 silver hubs, black spokes, black nipples, NOX stealth black decals

Pretty cool build and the calculators predict it should be around 29 pounds for a Large. If I am sub 30, then I will be really pleased with a bike this stout to be there. My RFX was built light for the time and it was 31.6#, so I Will be pretty happy if this is 30 or less. I

Will post pics when I get the bike, but it is typical Raw/black build so nothing crazy.
    Last edited by SLAYER2015; 06-25-2015 at 08:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Slayer.....you made the right choice get on that bike and ride away into the sunset and don't look back. I have a Turner Sultan now and while i love the ride....it doesn't compare to the megatrail. You're getting a ton more for your money. I'm bigger than you and demo'd one truly thinking I'd have issues dialing in the suspension. Will set me up perfectly out of gates with the MRP and CC DB air CS. (even though I ended up being 283 geared up and I told him 250 "ish". Courtesy of Dales Pale Ale). The suspension is very lively but not at all bouncy. It created a ton of traction while climbing. The Turner isn't like that at all. Its a nice setup but hardly lively. IMO its truly a bike you can do it all on so don't worry about your purchase decision brother. Its gonna make every ride fun. If I can get my sizing thing figured out ill be right behind you only with some obnoxious color scheme to make mine unique!
    Guerilla Gravity stable: Megatrail, Trail Pistol, Pedalhead

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Arrived today, maiden voyage tomorrow or Wednesday. Super stoked!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435030099.952594.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	481.3 KB 
ID:	997500
    Great looking bike, thing is gonna rip!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hombreduro View Post
    Great looking bike, thing is gonna rip!
    Thanks! Some initial thoughts w/ comparison to last bike, since someone (elsewhere) asked:

The two bikes are both amazing. The Lenz is far more forgiving and I'm faster on it downhill by a good margin at this point. Suspension is plush but supportive, but I've obviously had more time to dial it in. It pedals well, specifically up tech/chunk stuff - grip in spades. Descending, the Lenz is a monster truck. It doesn't really want to leave the ground too much, but it doesn't matter because it's just going to roll over any mistake you make. Amazing ride for that kind of riding.

The Megatrail is quick and rides much lighter than its weight. Pedals better on smooth stuff, but I've had the rear slip on me up chunk more than the Lunchbox...it's probably due to my lack of adjustment to the chain stays, which are .6" longer than the Lenz. It is easier to move the MT around underneath me, and I have to because the smaller wheels get hung up more than the Lenz. It's noticeable. It's also harder to get the front wheel up than the Lenz, again given longer chain stays and more forward riding position. It's stable at speed (as much as the Lenz) and corners with less effort. I wanted a more nimble bike that's easier to "ride light", and I got it. Once I get the suspension dialed in and learn where to put my weight on steeps, Gravity mode will close the gap with the Lenz when I want to ride in "plow" mode. As I adjust my riding style and dial in things to my liking, the MT will probably surpass the Lenz for me, but I'm convinced that's all about style and preference. It may seem like I have some gripes, but it bears stating: I freaking love this bike already, 4 rides (60 mi) in.

Riding the two back to back, two things become apparent - first, the Lenz is a really really good bike and long travel 29ers definitely have a place in the AM/enduro segment. Secondly, I'm going to need to improve my handing skills if I want to maximize the potential of the Megatrail. The Lenz let me get away with a lot, but the Megatrail has the feel of a bike that will reward you more as you learn to use it better. The two bikes overlap almost entirely, yet do so in completely different ways. I expected the MT to blow the Lenz away, but after a few rides, I have both *more* respect for what Devin Lenz did with the Lunchbox as well as what the Guerrilla Gravity guys have pulled off with the Megatrail. I probably underestimated both bikes, if that's possible.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Good post and an honest assessment. Were these rides on "home" trails? I find I get my best assessments riding techy stuff that I know well and ride regularly.

I, too, am a huge fan of super-aggro 29ers. I share most of your thoughts on some of the issues with 650b based on the half-dozen of them that I've owned, most particularly getting the wheels hung.

That said, I'm super-stoked on the GG and can't wait to get mine. Since I have a 29er SS and a 29+ trailbike, I really want a smaller-wheeled big bike. I see you chose the DB Inline. Could some of your suspension issues be due to still dialing that shock or are you running it on your Lenz? I decided to go with the Monarch Plus Debonair for my GG.

mtbr member

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?

Two rides on home trails, two rides in a park that I've been to a few times. A good mix, I think.

I'm running a regular DB Air CS on the Lunchbox. Took me about two months to find good settings for the LB, mostly because I'm a bit of a suspension noob. I'll have the MT dialed within the next 2-3 rides, I think. I also have a Vector Air HLR I'm going to want to try on some of the burlier stuff once I get the Inline all sorted.

I do think it's worth noting that not having a 2.5 DHF available at the moment might account for some of my deficiencies with the "romp" factor. I loved that tire on my Lenz, and the 2.3 version just looks whimpy when I look down. Could be psychological, at least in part.

mtbr member
    I do think it's worth noting that not having a 2.5 DHF available at the moment might account for some of my deficiencies with the "romp" factor. I loved that tire on my Lenz, and the 2.3 version just looks whimpy when I look down. Could be psychological, at least in part.
    completely psychological, most 2.3's work better than 2.5 counterparts. same romp, lighter and more maneuverable. been running 2.4 hr2's on the trail bike and 2.35 bontrager g5's on the dh bike.
    nothing witty here...

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The 29x2.5 DHF is an ENORMOUS tire. Ran one on my E29. Agree that it's likely more tire than most folks need, but man it looks awesome.

mtbr member
    A 2.3 or 2.4 probably fits the MT's character a little better, but the 2.5 is perfect for a bike like the Lunchbox or Enduro, which are a little less apt to move around stuff and more likely to go over it. Riding style/skill plays into it too - you're a far better rider than I, 2w4s. I might just progress into liking less rubber up front, but for now I'm thinking a 2.4 HRII might be in the cards.

mtbr member
    A 2.3 or 2.4 probably fits the MT's character a little better, but the 2.5 is perfect for a bike like the Lunchbox or Enduro, which are a little less apt to move around stuff and more likely to go over it. Riding style/skill plays into it too - you're a far better rider than I, 2w4s. I might just progress into liking less rubber up front, but for now I'm thinking a 2.4 HRII might be in the cards.
    running EXO HR2's on my capra, i think they're a great tire. I'm looking forward to seeing that MT in action.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Mmmm mmmm good!

Still dialing it in, but I had a permagrin this first ride. Of course, I'll be offering a Cytoe plate for it

Light freak

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post

Still dialing it in, but I had a permagrin this first ride. Of course, I'll be offering a Cytoe plate for it
    Oh, balls this is hot. Nice work, man.

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    Hmm, pics don't show up for me.... I know Cytoe was putting together a pretty awesome build, though.

mtbr member
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435768431.263607.jpg
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435768440.484946.jpg

That Smorgasbord looks huge for a 2.25. That thing pedal okay? Good call on the ChMonk, too. Big 27.5 tires are kind of hard to find...the 2.4 is easily on par with a 2.5 DHF, at least in 29er size. You find that to be true for the 650 version, cytoe?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Any feedback on the ElevenSix for the Megatrail yet? I am still lusting after this shock hard and I am actively trying to loose some lb's so that I fall withing their available spring rates...

friend of Apex
    Oh, that is sexy
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzon View Post
    Any feedback on the ElevenSix for the Megatrail yet? I am still lusting after this shock hard and I am actively trying to loose some lb's so that I fall withing their available spring rates...
    Only one ride on the bike/shock, but it ate up the chunk so much I barely had to pick a line. Without first having the CC Inline, DB or Debonair, I don't know if it's the bike or the ElevenSix... I'll say it's both I guess. I'll report back as it get more ride time.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast