Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 1,301 to 1,340 of 1340
    mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe View Post
    Nice!!

Dolomites, is that in Italy? Was it a biking trip??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolonios View Post
    Nice!!

Dolomites, is that in Italy? Was it a biking trip??
    Yes. Just got back. Here's the outfit I went with: Dolomighty | Big Mountain Bike Adventures. The trip was sooooo good. I took my bike and it ate it up. The trails were steep, so I mostly used Gravity mode.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Uff the envy is hard to contain, haha

How many days??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Uff the envy is hard to contain, haha

How many days??
    6 days of riding. Lots of eating and drinking

Alt-132
    Jul 2008
    That is a killer picture! Can we repost that on social media?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    6 days of riding. Lots of eating and drinking
    The radation color makes the GG standout. lol

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_20170903_090803.jpg

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_094803.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa View Post
    That is a killer picture! Can we repost that on social media?
    sure. I have more if you want

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_094815.jpg
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_130630.jpg
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-pano_092824.jpg

always licking the glass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_094815.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	1157218

Name:	IMG_130630.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	1157220
    Do you have riding pics too?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    There was another Colorado rider with a huge camera taking a bunch of riding pics...I'll post some up when I get them

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    If anyone want to sell Megatrail V2 in M, I will consider offer for frame.
    Thanks

always licking the glass
    So I did some rides with the -1 works headset in the bike as both a megatrail 170mm and 160mm and as a shred dogg 160mm.

And I still like the shred dogg in gravity mode the best. I've tried trail mode in all sorts of versions, and I really don't care for it, except for pedaling uphill. The shred dogg in gravity mode is fun enough on the downs but still pedalable up.

I will tell you I'm glad I put in the -1 headset but it's not a deal breaker to not have it. But for me, the bike feels better with it. Not just the head angle but I like how it lowers the bike a bit more.

For the megatrail, it gets it more of a DH like feel with the -1 headset, which is great at the parks, but for me it would be overkill for trail riding. The bike felt both good with the -1 headset with both a 160mm and 170mm fork. Trail mode for the megatrail with the -1 headset feels better with the 160mm fork than the 170mm fork.

With the 170mm fork, trail mode doesn't feel too tall like it did before, but it still feels twitchy to me. I guess it's because I've been riding a DH bike most of the summer.

So fortunately, it's an easy switch to get the bike back to a -1 headset and in gravity mode, and if anyone has any other questions, lemme know because I've tried quite a few iterations of this awesome bike, no matter how you like it. It's ridiculously versatile, and for me, it worked great as a DH bike at the beginning of the summer and we will see how it works as a trail bike for me over the non DH season.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    So I did some rides with the -1 works headset in the bike as both a megatrail 170mm and 160mm and as a shred dogg 160mm.

And I still like the shred dogg in gravity mode the best. I've tried trail mode in all sorts of versions, and I really don't care for it, except for pedaling uphill. The shred dogg in gravity mode is fun enough on the downs but still pedalable up.

I will tell you I'm glad I put in the -1 headset but it's not a deal breaker to not have it. But for me, the bike feels better with it. Not just the head angle but I like how it lowers the bike a bit more.

For the megatrail, it gets it more of a DH like feel with the -1 headset, which is great at the parks, but for me it would be overkill for trail riding. The bike felt both good with the -1 headset with both a 160mm and 170mm fork. Trail mode for the megatrail with the -1 headset feels better with the 160mm fork than the 170mm fork.

With the 170mm fork, trail mode doesn't feel too tall like it did before, but it still feels twitchy to me. I guess it's because I've been riding a DH bike most of the summer.

So fortunately, it's an easy switch to get the bike back to a -1 headset and in gravity mode, and if anyone has any other questions, lemme know because I've tried quite a few iterations of this awesome bike, no matter how you like it. It's ridiculously versatile, and for me, it worked great as a DH bike at the beginning of the summer and we will see how it works as a trail bike for me over the non DH season.

Did you end up keeping the headset?

Do you have to press-fit the headset or does it use some other method of installation??

mtbr member
    I had never heard of this bike before today, and it seems awesome. If I had known about it last week, it would have made my decision a little harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

always licking the glass

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?

Do you have to press-fit the headset or does it use some other method of installation??
    Yep still have it. I like the lower, slacker angles. Not sure what you mean by press fit it.

Here is what I ordered:

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-...tube-216-p.asp

mtbr member

I have the Shred Dogg, I haven't even began messing with putting in "gravity mode". I have to climb for all my fun around here so just never thought about messing with it. Can you tell a big difference when climbing? First thing, I am not a fast climber, never going to win a XC race, never the first in my group to the top. Not that I am out of shape (okay maybe a little) but I just get zero joy out of pushing myself to the point of exhaustion before I get to go downhill. For a slow climber like me will I even tell the difference in the two modes and do you recommend just putting it in Gravity all the time??

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Yes...It's press fit just like whatever headset you have now. Works headsets are simple to install though and less finicky than anglesets or other gimble based setups.

I have an angleset laying around that I may try out at some point...I'm pretty stoked on the bike in SS gravity mode with a 160mm fork though so it may be a while :-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
    I have the Shred Dogg, I haven't even began messing with putting in "gravity mode". I have to climb for all my fun around here so just never thought about messing with it. Can you tell a big difference when climbing? First thing, I am not a fast climber, never going to win a XC race, never the first in my group to the top. Not that I am out of shape (okay maybe a little) but I just get zero joy out of pushing myself to the point of exhaustion before I get to go downhill. For a slow climber like me will I even tell the difference in the two modes and do you recommend just putting it in Gravity all the time??
    I ride in gravity mode all the time. The biggest reason I ever put the V1 MT in trail mode was for climbing (for the steeper st angle) and the MT 2 has a steeper seat tube angle in gravity mode than the V1 in trail so I'm covered.

I'm not in a huge hurry uphill either but I never feel the need to mess with shock settings for climbs. I climb up in gravity mode with my dh shock and fork setup and I never feel like the bike is holding me back. It's surprisingly efficient feeling even out of the saddle so I never mess with anything.

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
    I saw you're in the Bay Area. Are you still there? If so, where do you ride?

It takes 30 seconds to change the position of the bolt, but I couldn't do that every few minutes for the rolling hills of the Bay Area. If you're going up a long climb in Skeggs, then I would definitely switch the position. There are some long DH sections that make it worthwhile.

It also depends on what you're used to: for me, I'm used to a 200m DH bike for the summer, so the gravity mode feels more natural to me now. But when I first got it, the trail mode felt more natural because I was coming off the HD3, and the Shred Dogg in trail mode felt like the HD3, but with a lower BB. You definitely feel more "on" the bike in trail mode than the gravity mode, where you feel "in" the bike. And for me, I like being "in" the bike--both up and downhill.

So for me, I leave mine in gravity mode all the time--especially now that I have an oval chainring. For any long climbs (anything a mile or longer, and that seems to be 95% of the riding here in Colorado), I'll probably put it in trail mode, but if it's any rolling terrain, I want to keep it in gravity mode. I live for the DH and really don't care that much about the climbs (the whole asthma thing kinda has me week about it), even if I walk.

I just like going downhill, and the lifts aren't open year-round, and since my husband likes trail riding, I need to be getting used to climbing. Here's my thoughts:

- Shred Dogg in trail mode: good for long climbs
    - Shred Dogg in gravity mode: good for all around riding, with a focus towards down
    - Megatrail in trail mode: good for all around riding, with more of a long travel XC bike feel
    - Megatrail in gravity mode: a short travel DH bike that you can pedal up short climbs

For me, the Megatrail is overkill--except for riding it at the lift access bike parks. I don't ride anything rowdy enough to really justify that much trail. It feels like too much for the trails I ride, and not enough for me (I like the dual crown rides) for the DH rides to ride all day. It's not that the Megatrail can't--it can--it's very capable--but not for my riding.

My riding I like the slack angles and short(er) travel, which is why I have my setup. Also, I'm looking forward to riding this at Moab. So I'm working on getting my bike setup for more pedaling than I've done in the past year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

MT mornings

Out early this morning. Three quarters the way up the mountain as the sun comes up

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-mt-26-2-.jpg

Had to stop and snap a shot. Always a good morning out on a MT.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_6509.jpg

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-img_6475.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Name:	img_6509.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	1157681

Name:	img_6475.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	1157680
    Awesome! That looks like such a cool trip...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Here's my thoughts:

- Shred Dogg in trail mode: good for long climbs
    - Shred Dogg in gravity mode: good for all around riding, with a focus towards down
    - Megatrail in trail mode: good for all around riding, with more of a long travel XC bike feel
    - Megatrail in gravity mode: a short travel DH bike that you can pedal up short climbs

For me, the Megatrail is overkill--except for riding it at the lift access bike parks. I don't ride anything rowdy enough to really justify that much trail. It feels like too much for the trails I ride, and not enough for me (I like the dual crown rides) for the DH rides to ride all day. It's not that the Megatrail can't--it can--it's very capable--but not for my riding.
    This is really helpful - particularly for those of us [still!] straddling the fence on which shock length to go with (initially?) Interestingly, this seems to indicate that the MT in Trail mode is more pedally than the SD in Gravity mode. Coming off an 80mm old skool XC bike, I'm a bit torn - it seems like the SD will cover pretty much anything I ride on a regular basis, and I could leave it in Gravity mode most of the time. But the MT in Trail mode would be similarly capable, perhaps requiring the switch even less often.

Super long climbs aren't the norm, but they do happen. Bike park days are infrequent - but for that I'd definitely want the MT/Gravity combo.

Damn - it's almost as if 2 shocks is mandatory to get everything out of the bike, but I guess it's like getting a 2nd bike for the cost of a 2nd shock!

Not a typical ride, and one for which I wouldn't have turned down an e-bike...

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-elevationprofile.jpg

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Khai View Post
    This is really helpful - particularly for those of us [still!] straddling the fence on which shock length to go with (initially?) Interestingly, this seems to indicate that the MT in Trail mode is more pedally than the SD in Gravity mode. Coming off an 80mm old skool XC bike, I'm a bit torn - it seems like the SD will cover pretty much anything I ride on a regular basis, and I could leave it in Gravity mode most of the time. But the MT in Trail mode would be similarly capable, perhaps requiring the switch even less often.

Super long climbs aren't the norm, but they do happen. Bike park days are infrequent - but for that I'd definitely want the MT/Gravity combo.

Damn - it's almost as if 2 shocks is mandatory to get everything out of the bike, but I guess it's like getting a 2nd bike for the cost of a 2nd shock!

Not a typical ride, and one for which I wouldn't have turned down an e-bike...

Name:	elevationProfile.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	1157683
    I dunno, for me I really had to decide between the MT in trail and the SD in gravity. What did it for me is the way the bike feels as a whole, not just for uphills. I feel the bike climbs just fine in SD gravity as it does in MT trail, but it feels better going down in SD gravity. I think I drove myself crazy changing out the shocks one night trying to figure out what I liked better.

I have a park bike (200mm travel, Scott Gambler), the MT would be a backup park bike, or something to ride a bit slower or ride different DH runs with it. BUT--I don't need another park bike.

What I need is something that will help my confidence on the trails, especially the technical. With the ride profile you posted, I would be more than happy to use trail mode up and gravity mode down. I also spend a lot of time working on jumps and dual slalom, which the MT isn't as much fun as the SD for it.

I've had a few people give me some criticism is I ride a heavy AL bike with a coil shock and that's not ideal for the trails. Everyone to their own. I was able to climb faster in the SD trail than the MT trail and the HD3 on a 7.5 mile climb. It's not a new bike thing either--it's what works for me, especially once you get the suspension dialed.

The SD doesn't sink into the travel the way the MT does. While they're both good bikes, I built up my SD to be playful and poppy. The MT doesn't feel poppy to me, but it's a good shorter travel bike for the lift parks.

Also, remember I'm on a XS frame--while the engineering doesn't change, note that more travel might feel relatively bigger to me on a XS frame vs the larger frames. And being short, I don't want to have a ridiculous amount of rear travel to fight uphill. Gravity mode is fine.

I'll get some more ride time on it tomorrow and next week. I should be able to have more feedback for you in the gravity mode.

always licking the glass

That looks like all kinds of awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Bodhisattva

Name:	IMG_094815.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	1157218

Name:	IMG_130630.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	1157220

Name:	PANO_092824.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	1157223
    more please !!!!!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

always licking the glass

This bike is really fun

All Fun Rider
    Has anybody had issues with seatposts getting seized? Even with my collar 100% loose, the Fall Line I attempted to push into the seat tube won't come out. I had the frame sideways on the floor and was twisting the saddle back and forth pulling every muscle in my back and the thing wouldn't budge.

Seems like the fit is way tighter than the LEV Integra which was previously equipped.
    2017 Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail SS w/ 160mm Lyrik, 9-46t/30t

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pixel_nut View Post
    Has anybody had issues with seatposts getting seized? Even with my collar 100% loose, the Fall Line I attempted to push into the seat tube won't come out. I had the frame sideways on the floor and was twisting the saddle back and forth pulling every muscle in my back and the thing wouldn't budge.

Seems like the fit is way tighter than the LEV Integra which was previously equipped.
    Did you buy a longer post?

All Fun Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by marti163 View Post
    Did you buy a longer post?
    Yep! 175mm Fall Line should juuust fit (Medium frame, 6' rider). Problem is, it seized about halfway into the seat tube from the previous owner's carbon paste (I guess?), and now it won't come out. Taking a heat gun to the seat tube later (carefully)...

On the bike side of things, this thing has been phenomenal!
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-21457360_3993628032227_5119601121761491114_o.jpg

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-21458275_3993628552240_8818686539136145865_o.jpg

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail. Any Thoughts?-21458177_3993627192206_8721058670915016892_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yep! 175mm Fall Line should juuust fit (Medium frame, 6' rider). Problem is, it seized about halfway into the seat tube from the previous owner's carbon paste (I guess?), and now it won't come out. Taking a heat gun to the seat tube later (carefully)...

On the bike side of things, this thing has been phenomenal!

Name:	21457360_3993628032227_5119601121761491114_o.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	1157741

Name:	21458275_3993628552240_8818686539136145865_o.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	1157742

Name:	21458177_3993627192206_8721058670915016892_o.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	1157743
    I had that issue with my small frame trying to fit a 150mm dropper. The seat tube is curved or warped from welding and even though I have the vertical space for it I can't get the insertion depth to run it. I brought it up to GG and was told it's normal and that every frame they had in the shop had the same warp. Running a 125mm post instead. Put a straight edge down the back of the seat tube to check. If that's the case there's no fix.

All Fun Rider
    I had that issue with my small frame trying to fit a 150mm dropper. The seat tube is curved or warped from welding and even though I have the vertical space for it I can't get the insertion depth to run it. I brought it up to GG and was told it's normal and that every frame they had in the shop had the same warp. Running a 125mm post instead. Put a straight edge down the back of the seat tube to check. If that's the case there's no fix.

Well.....crap! Guess I'll find out soon enough
    Even so, the Fall Line wasn't going down nearly as far as the LEV Integra for some reason. I have a feeling it's the horizontal machined bands causing a collection of leftover carbon paste or something.

My leg feels funny

I had a similar issue with my Intense Uzzi. The protrusion was too deep to be reamed out so I bought a cheap metal file from Harbor Freight, cut off the plastic handle and duct taped the file to the end of a broom handle and filed it down.

Took a little while but it worked and the place where it protruded was in an area where it was surrounded by welds on the other side so I wasn't super worried about weakening the tubing.

I don't think I took more than a couple mm's off. The seat post is still snug in there but I can move/remove it if need be now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid View Post
    I had a similar issue with my Intense Uzzi. The protrusion was too deep to be reamed out so I bought a cheap metal file from Harbor Freight, cut off the plastic handle and duct taped the file to the end of a broom handle and filed it down.

Took a little while but it worked and the place where it protruded was in an area where it was surrounded by welds on the other side so I wasn't super worried about weakening the tubing.

I don't think I took more than a couple mm's off. The seat post is still snug in there but I can move/remove it if need be now.
    I have a 30.9 reamer that is long enough but it just works its way down the tube along the curve since there isn't a way to control the angle with hand reamer. I have that tool because I had an issue with a previous frame where the welds penetrated too far and affected the inner wall of the seat tube. Initially I thought that was the problem here until I discovered the warp.

All Fun Rider
    I sent 9point8 an email explaining what's going on, but it's just bizarre because the KS LEV will go down a good 8" into the tube, whereas the Fall Line gets incredibly stuck after 2-3"! The real kicker is that they measure totally identical with calipers down to the .001"! I can only imagine that the machined texture on the Fall Line is the culprit, causing some increased surface area...phenomenon...hah?

Very thoroughly cleaned the inside of the seat tube, sanded down with a dowell (even though no burrs are present), and still no dice. I switched back to the LEV so I can continue riding for now.

always licking the glass
    I sent 9point8 an email explaining what's going on, but it's just bizarre because the KS LEV will go down a good 8" into the tube, whereas the Fall Line gets incredibly stuck after 2-3"! The real kicker is that they measure totally identical with calipers down to the .001"! I can only imagine that the machined texture on the Fall Line is the culprit, causing some increased surface area...phenomenon...hah?

Very thoroughly cleaned the inside of the seat tube, sanded down with a dowell (even though no burrs are present), and still no dice. I switched back to the LEV so I can continue riding for now.
    The KS Lev posts seem to be much shorter than the others. I tried to get a 100mm Transfer in my XS shred dogg, and no joy. It's that much longer than the Levs.

All Fun Rider
    The KS Lev posts seem to be much shorter than the others. I tried to get a 100mm Transfer in my XS shred dogg, and no joy. It's that much longer than the Levs.
    Total length aside, the LEV goes into the seat tube way further than the Fall Line will, which is weird. The official response from GG and 9point8 is that they both think I should take my frame to the LBS to get the tube honed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I got back from a not-so-great ride at a new trail network today. There were a lot of small rollers and I was smacking my pedals constantly.

Was there a problem with the bike? No.....not at all. I was in gravity mode and was just too (*&^ing lazy to stop and take the 30 seconds to move it back to trail mode for most of the ride. Towards the end, I finally did break out the multi-tool to make the switch and suddenly the pedal strikes went away and the bike was setup perfectly for the rolling and twisting trails in that park.

Operator error all the way. I should have known which mode to use based on the topography of the area.
    Last edited by Curveball; 21 Hours Ago at 06:59 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

That's just stunning!

I'm quite jealous!
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Total length aside, the LEV goes into the seat tube way further than the Fall Line will, which is weird. The official response from GG and 9point8 is that they both think I should take my frame to the LBS to get the tube honed.
    Just buy a flexible hone on amazon. Assuming you have a drill, easy to do at home.

All Fun Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc383 View Post
    Just buy a flexible hone on amazon. Assuming you have a drill, easy to do at home.
    It arrives today
    $12 on Amazon.

I'll start that project after my upcoming weekend at Windrock DH park in Tennessee-- I'd probably mess everything up right before my trip, so the LEV is staying in (and getting slammed down) until I get back. The stanchion damage on my Lyrik is finally roughing up the seals enough to leak some oil, so the DH is going to be pretty exhilarating!

I'll probably be okay. Either way, very excited to test my 2.8" DHRII in the back for braking traction. I scorched my 180mm rotors front and back on my last (first) visit. I'm a DH noob!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314