mtbr member
    May 2017

Diamondback sync'r frame size

Ok, so I'm pretty well set on getting a DB Sync'r. Only issue is idk what size of frame to get. Without shoes on I am just under 6'1''. My inseam is 32.5'' that sets me at like a 21'' frame. The large is a 20'' (5'9''-6')whereas the xl is 22'' (6'-6'4'') frame. No one around me stocks the hook, line, or sync'r so I can't just go and do a test fit. I contacted DB and they said if I ride more aggressive go with the large and if more relaxed go with the xl. Any pros or cons of upsizing or downsizing? All the reviews I have read of all three lack the information of how tall a person is and what size they went with. I'm thinking a L may do me well for bunny hops and manuals, but not sure if it'll be cramped while sitting. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I was just at Eastern Mountain Sports on Sunday and was able to sit on a small and a medium Hook. I am 5'7 so I sit right at that magic spot between the two bike sizes. The size small Hook felt better. The reach wasn't as dramatic. I ordered an overdrive comp in size Small and I'm glad I did. If I had went with the medium it may have felt too long. Hope this helps.

😁Have a great day!😁
    Im 5-9 with 30" inseam. I have a Sync, r medium. i have about 2" to bar feels just right

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I'm 5'7 and got the medium and while it fits ok I think the small might have been the better pick, I'd go a size down

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz Von Toco View Post
    I'm 5'7 and got the medium and while it fits ok I think the small might have been the better pick, I'd go a size down
    Iím looking at getting a Syncír too, Iím 5í 7.5Ē and was leaning toward a medium so curious why you think small would be better. Thanks.