Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Here the CADs guys!

Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Just got an email back from Peter over at xm carbon speed. Looks like the CS-FS27 frame isn't quite ready for sale yet. Shame, the frames headtube looks so good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Anyone know what frame bearings to buy for the S7?
    I have my frame stripped down after a long weekend in Wales and getting the forks rebuilt with new RCT3 inners.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    They are all 6902 for the pivots. Get MAX bearings as they will last longer.

Here's a walk through.
    China Carbon AM Duallies

And look out for this:
    https://youtu.be/5pD2Bvh6oOA

Does not look or feel good....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Cheers.
    I can't see the video unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sorry. Try again, button press hiccup....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Ha ha better, cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    And on the positive note it seems like HF will send me a new front triangle without me returning the old first, 0 seconds lost on the trails. Latest news is that it is in "paint matte".
    But it seems like Hong Fu honors their warranty.
    Too bad they stopped producing the 336 (s7)
    Will keep the thread updated.

mtbr member
    After riding the S7 27.5er about 10 times. I have found that the Revelation RCT3 and the Monarch XX combo, doesn't feel right to me. I have both the fork and rear shock setup to my liking. I don't know what it is. So I was thinking of switching out the revelation RCT3 and the Monarch XX for a Rockshox Yari RC 150mm and a Monarch Plus RC3. I have heard that the Yari RC is great, haven't heard anything bad about it, or it could be I am just looking for the good. Also I have heard a lot of good reviews about the Monarch Plus RC3. Or should I stick with the with the Revelation RCT3 and the monarch xx? Anyone have experience with the RS Yari 150mm and the Monarch plus rc3? Any input would be appreciated?

alucke

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I found the revs too flexi and you'll notice the difference to the Yari. I didn't like the feel of the Fox rear shock, i have a cane creek double barrel, it's been faultless.

mtbr member
    Another reason I was asking, is the Monarch xx xloc isn't locking out the shock and the xloc itself is not popping out. I have had the xloc bled 3 different times. I am getting sick of the shock, since it's doing that. And as for the Revelation RCT3, I am getting flex out of the fork.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Question: My frame is specced with a 200x51mm rear shock, but Im finding a lot of 200x57mm shocks on pinkbike. How would the bike change with one over the other shock?

- the travel of the rear triangle will increase, and possibly it will hit the front triangle?
    - how is the shock still with the same eye-to-eye? Is the can shorter?
    Last edited by SO_DOGE; 03-27-2017 at 08:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SO_DOGE View Post
    Question: My frame is specced with a 200x51mm rear shock, but Im finding a lot of 200x57mm shocks on pinkbike. How would the bike change with one over the other shock?

- the travel of the rear triangle will increase, and possibly it will hit the front triangle?
    - how is the shock still with the same eye-to-eye? Is the can shorter?
    You'll get more travel from the rear wheel, so you'll possible have the rear tyre contact the frame on full compression. Do you have the bike currently? As you can do a bit of measurement to check this with the 51mm shock in there, and confirm whether the 57mm will cause dramas.

As to the same lengths but shorter stroke, this can be achieved in a few ways, either by internal spacers limiting the travel or shorter stroke shafts. It's quick common to have shocks with the same E2E but different Strokes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have the S7 with a 200x57 shock. No rubbing.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Yeah thanks. I went home and measured the i2i of the frame when fully extended and when fully compressed - 210mm and 138mm. For others' benefit, thats where the 200mm i2i would fit fully extended and with 200mm-140mm=60mm clearance, it's ok to run it with a 57mm stroke.

The only gripe I have a bout this is I observed the last 5mm of the schock's travel, during which the back wheel doesnt really go up anymore, it goes kinda in, closer to the front triangle. So I'm not sure of one would feel the difference between the 51mm and 57mm. Has anyone actually tried both?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SO_DOGE View Post
    Yeah thanks. I went home and measured the i2i of the frame when fully extended and when fully compressed - 210mm and 138mm. For others' benefit, thats where the 200mm i2i would fit fully extended and with 200mm-140mm=60mm clearance, it's ok to run it with a 57mm stroke.

The only gripe I have a bout this is I observed the last 5mm of the schock's travel, during which the back wheel doesnt really go up anymore, it goes kinda in, closer to the front triangle. So I'm not sure of one would feel the difference between the 51mm and 57mm. Has anyone actually tried both?
    Which frame are you using?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Which frame are you using?
    the one detailed on page 1 post 1 of this thread 17.5"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Update on my broken front triangle:
    Hong Fu (Nancy) sent me a brand new front, no questions asked, no sending back of old frame, just a new replacement. It arrived within 12 days, only had to pay $12 in customs fee.
    China Carbon AM Duallies-20170412_131749.jpg
    Construction is slightly different around bottom bracket and lower pivot.
    new front is ca 50grams heavier, hope that goes into longevity. Rebuilt the bike today and took an hour on the mountain. It is a completely different feel to the bike. The rear end is laterally much stiffer, no noodly backend feeling anymore. I'm in love again!
    Big ups to HF for honoring their warranty! Would definitely order from them again. Maybe not the early batches from a new frame model.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Great news, onwards to the hills!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    ..anyone know if you can get a bigger travel chinese frame like the Enduro builds? i'm looking for 160/160.

Thanks everyone!
    Micah
    ..sleep is good...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LasseB View Post
    Hong Fu (Nancy) sent me a brand new front, no questions asked, no sending back of old frame, just a new replacement. It arrived within 12 days, only had to pay $12 in customs fee.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170412_131749.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1131631
    new front is ca 50grams heavier, hope that goes into longevity. Rebuilt the bike today and took an hour on the mountain. It is a completely different feel to the bike. The rear end is laterally much stiffer, no noodly backend feeling anymore. I'm in love again!
    Big ups to HF for honoring their warranty! Would definitely order from them again. Maybe not the early batches from a new frame model.
    That is great support man. I'm stoked for you and jealous at the same time. I was screwed by Shenzen First.

I ordered a frame for my son, a different build than this, xc racing as he's at that age. They sent me a broken frame, bent headtube and cracked rocker linkage. They now won't refund till the broken frame is sent back lol. I have chat proof and pics they knowingly sent a bad frame. Someone literally glued the linkage back together then shipped the frame, as if no one would notice. I wish HF still made 26er frames in small.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by th1npower View Post
    ..anyone know if you can get a bigger travel chinese frame like the Enduro builds? i'm looking for 160/160.

Thanks everyone!
    Micah
    You may want to look at this frame.hope it helps.

Enduro Frame P9 - Shenzhen ICAN Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.
    2016 Ragley Mmmbop 27.5

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Can you post a picture of what the old frame looked like?

Thanks

Joel

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    @Joel_l
    very hard to photograph since it is concerning small changes in the construction around the internal structure of the lower pivot. On the old frame I could conclude that the alu sleeve was not fully encapsuled in epoxy (and possible CF). In the new triangle there's a bigger opening in the bottom bracket into the downtube and I can get my finger in there and sense that the pivot is much more encapsuled and therefore supported by the bonding and will hopefully be stronger. I know, hard to explain and even harder to grasp, but I will keep my fingers crossed, ride as usual and keep this thread updated if there are any changes.
    @thesmokingman
    Ouch, sounds like really bad karma there. I'm very happy with HF so far and I suppose that is by treating the conversation positive, honest and respectful. But maybe I was just lucky to find a good sales representative. I would not hesitate to order from them again, but have no idea for other vendors like iCAN, DengFu etc, etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    @thesmokingman
    Ouch, sounds like really bad karma there. I'm very happy with HF so far and I suppose that is by treating the conversation positive, honest and respectful. But maybe I was just lucky to find a good sales representative. I would not hesitate to order from them again, but have no idea for other vendors like iCAN, DengFu etc, etc.
    Yea, it sucks. I started the dispute process with my CC so it shouldn't be a negative result for me at least. And to put the cherry on top, they didn't even send the frame in the correct size. I specifically stressed that I needed a small, yet they sent a cracked up medium, smh. I print screened the chat, with all the pics I took, evidence of the sales person flat out lying. It's kind of comical. The girl was trying to blame UPS. Then when you open the linkage, rocker, there is black glue/paint where someone tried to piece the cracked carbon around the pivot, smh. I'm taking it as straight up fraud. Now apparently they stopped replying, which plays into my dispute.

I've dealt with iCAN before and they were great. I didn't have any damage issues with iCAN but when I asked for spare derailleur hangers they sent me a set free. This Shenzen First company though, beware of them and their rep Summer. Flat out lies to get you going so be careful anyone reading this.

Less yap more braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    I've dealt with iCAN before and they were great. I didn't have any damage issues with iCAN but when I asked for spare derailleur hangers they sent me a set free. This Shenzen First company though, beware of them and their rep Summer. Flat out lies to get you going so be careful anyone reading this.
    Deng Fu for me was easy to deal with. Haven't had any issues so don't know about post sales support. That said if I'm going to get anything it'll probably with XMCarbonSpeed since the owner Peter has an account here on mtbr and I've heard great things about how easy he is to deal with and his pretty good command of English.

mtbr member
    After doing a good amount of browsing (this thread, chinertown.com, alibaba, etc.), I've narrowed it down to three frames:

The venerable (at least a year or so old) S7 from ICAN, which they've discounted to $550 plus shipping.

The "BRAND NEW" LCSF706 from Xiamen Lightcarbon for $783 shipped (https://lightcarbon.en.alibaba.com/p...367.0.0.6aRdYk)

or the LCFS705 from Yishunbike for $785 shipped.

Are all three of these frames the same damn bike?
    BB92 bottom bracket. 150mm travel front/rear.

S7 & 706 HTA of 68 degrees.
    705 is claiming 66 degrees.

S7 says 200x57 for the rear shock
    LCFS706 says 200x51 for the rear.
    LCFS705 is the same (unsurprisingly)

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether they're substantively different?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    looks to me the LCFS705 is slightly different, maybe updated? The rear triangle is different, the top tube looks different, and the head angle is relaxed ( what some of us did using an offset headset ).

It's a good price on the S7 and I have been very pleased with mine.

Joel

mtbr member
    Joel,

Thanks for the input. I don't see $140 being worth a slight update, when that money could go into a nicer fork or a tiny way toward a nice wheelset.

I also wanted to say thanks to you for posting the bearing replacement and pics, and to vwsurfbum for the action shots.

Looks like an S7 with a 160mm fork is the way to go. I'll post pics of the build as it comes along.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

FM356 29ER all mountain frame

many new model ,please check website: TanTan Sports Equipment Co.,LTD

FS027 BOOST 27.5er frame . FS029 29er suspension frame .

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If anyone in England is looking for a medium S7 I'll be selling mine, I've landed a Mondraker Foxy XF so its now surplus. Frame and CCDB only.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Jumping ship eh?

The Foxy has an interesting looking rear suspension. Carbon or Aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by vwsurfbum View Post
    If anyone in England is looking for a medium S7 I'll be selling mine, I've landed a Mondraker Foxy XF so its now surplus. Frame and CCDB only.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    It wasn't something I was looking to do but I couldn't pass it up.
    Feels so long compared to the S7. It is carbon and I would say only a tiny bit lighter.
    Yeah the rear suspension is still a vpp style but the shock mounts on the pivot itself.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Another option for folks looking for a complete build with reasonably priced carbon frameset:

$2999 Fezzari Timp Peak NX1.

China Carbon AM Duallies-fezzari-timp-peak-nx1-build-sub-3k-4.jpg

If it seems like I'm really selling this, it's because I think we need to get more credence to retailers who are willing to offer higher end products at lower prices.

The only thing that comes close is the Vitus CR-FS X1 build at $3059 from Chain Reaction Cycles. Which admittedly is a better deal.

China Carbon AM Duallies-cmydfziybud4.jpg

As good as these deals are I'm still holding out for a 140mm Carbon 29er full suspension from Vitus, Fezzari or something similar.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

new 27.5er boost AM frame

hi guys . this is our factory new mold . 27.5er boost AM carbon frame . our factory accept custom mold and paint . any questions . contact me , E-mail: info@tantancycling.com China Carbon AM Duallies-img_8014.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hello,

First post here. I also bought the ICAN S7 27.5 frame but forgot to order the ICAN headset. Is there a similar headset that i can get here in U.S that will also fit this frame, specially the lower headtube? Just bought a cane creek 40 ZS44 but the bottom is to small for lower headtube.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    PM me your address and I will send you the one that came with my frame. I put a CC angle set on mine.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Neburz View Post
    Hello,

First post here. I also bought the ICAN S7 27.5 frame but forgot to order the ICAN headset. Is there a similar headset that i can get here in U.S that will also fit this frame, specially the lower headtube? Just bought a cane creek 40 ZS44 but the bottom is to small for lower headtube.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I have been riding my S7 with a Fox 150mm Talas fork and Fox CTD rear shock. I just ordered a Cane Creek DBAir IL for the S7. The CTD seemed ok but wanted to try something better??? If the CCDB is a keeper, the CTD will make its way to my 2004 Enduro Expert, the RL that's on it now is failing and not worth rebuilding ( to me ).

I'm looking forward to trying the CCDB, seems to get a lot of positive feedback. The only negatives I saw were with the older Inline version, the IL seems to have fixed those issues.

I did go back and forth between piggy back, non piggy back, Fox DPS Evol, float x, x2, Monarch debonair, Monarch plus......

I went with the Cane Creek because it does not have custom tunes to speak of. With HS and LS compression and rebound adjustments there are just base tunes for various bike setups. This seemed interesting to me and more flexible. Takes more work to get it dialed in but you are not stuck ( without a rebuild ) with how the shock is tuned.

Cane Creek claims the new IL is suitable for Trail, AM, Enduro with suspension between 140 - 160mm so I decided on it over the piggy back CS version. The IL should be fine for how I ride.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Joel

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Got my first ride in on the DBair IL, so far so good. after setting the sag with the shock stock ( no air spacer ), it did bottom too easily. I put in the full spacer that comes with it and it is much better. My ride today did not use it all up, but it's not as hard on the shock as other rides I do. At most I think I would add a half width spacer, but a few more rides are needed to tell.

The damping adjustments are factory defaults and it rode OK, another I will need a few more rides to tell.

As it is, it seems more plush on the little stuff than the CTD I took off ( I do like the CTD ). The CTD is now on my 2004 Enduro Expert.

So far, happy with the DBair IL.

Joel

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_l View Post
    looks to me the LCFS705 is slightly different, maybe updated? The rear triangle is different, the top tube looks different, and the head angle is relaxed ( what some of us did using an offset headset ).

It's a good price on the S7 and I have been very pleased with mine.

Joel
    Got a couple of questions for you Joel since you are very active in th forum.

1) What's the actual head angle of your fork when your bike is balanced on flat ground? Reason why I ask is because this local company using this open mold is listing 66 HA on their site, but everyone of these frames is listing 68 or 68.5 on large/XL.

2) what size frame do you have? I need something along the lines of 66-65HA with or without angleset.

I am looking for something like the P9 or LCFS705 but they are both not available directly to consumers.

thank you,
    Jackson

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Mine is a large so stock is 68.5*. I put a 1.5* angle set on and this brought it to and actual HA of about 67.5*. The Cane Creek web site has a decent tool to let you know what to expect.

The bike with the relatively steep HA still rides nice. I am currently looking for something else to try. All my bikes have been pretty steep so far. Now want to try something on the slack end.

If someone has this frame with a slacker HA, it should be pretty nice. At 66* you could go +/- with an angle set to suite your needs

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by ijak View Post
    Got a couple of questions for you Joel since you are very active in th forum.

1) What's the actual head angle of your fork when your bike is balanced on flat ground? Reason why I ask is because this local company using this open mold is listing 66 HA on their site, but everyone of these frames is listing 68 or 68.5 on large/XL.

2) what size frame do you have? I need something along the lines of 66-65HA with or without angleset.

I am looking for something like the P9 or LCFS705 but they are both not available directly to consumers.

thank you,
    Jackson

nimble biker
    Quote Originally Posted by andyfloyd View Post
    Yea I was wanting someone to buy one and tell me how great it is, so i can buy one. lol. It does look like Pivot and SC got in bed and made a kid together.
    Ewww

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    It's actually a nice riding bike at a good price point. KHS has a model, sixfifty 6700 I think, that seems to be this frame. All specs are the same. It may have an older geometry but still rides nice. I am building a different bike now that has a slaker HA. I'll see if it really makes a difference.

Less yap more braaap
    Took my "Chinarello" (I'm going to need to come up with a better nickname for a mountain bike though) out to Whistler bike park last weekend and it's actually a very capable bike once dialled in. I wouldn't take it down something like Schleyer or Dirt Merchant but it does inspire enough confidence to roll through the blue trails and easier blacks (minus the step up on Freight Train but that's more of a skill/confidence thing on my part, I wouldn't be able have enough confidence to hit that even on a Sanction, Slash, or Demo).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678