Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I must say that I have spoken (via email) to several China fabricators, (DF, HF, Miracle and Carbonda) pricing on the FM336 from these vendors shipped to NH/USA is close and approx $675USD UD/Matt finish.

I have found Carbonda to be most responsive and corresponds immediately on EST time i.e. Their rep sleeps by day works at night to coordinate with the western world in a timely fashion. Also their rep has the best command of the English language and understands technical question and customization concerns. I also asked about LasseB's cracked frame issues, i.e. what if we get a cracked frame in the 2 yr warranty period, and the issues about the bearings failing in the pivots. Full replacement on any broken assemblies per the fine print and the bearings they use are Taiwanese, like the other Asian fabricators. So with that said, we would install top quality German or Local (we has some great bearing fabricators here in NH) sealed bearings for the build and not install the stock bearings.

We feel comfy (so far) with Carbonda, the FM336 is not $1000.00 rather under $700, they take Paypal which is good, they are working with us on custom paint and graphics for a very fair charge. We have tube section samples with custom paint being sent at this time for review and approval.

Honestly we don't like their terms regarding our single mock-up order (50% down, 50% at time of shipping) they wouldn't budge on that, however their terms improve with multiple frame orders (30% down/70% at time of shipping). It is what is is, these guys seem good, I have seen vids of their molds and they appear to be a professional outfit, worth the risk at this time IMHO. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a Giant subcontractor.
    More on the rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    I have to say, the frame might look the same but I wouldn't buy from HF or any other supplier. $1000 for a Chinese import is way way too much, it is a great frame for sure - but other frames are now in this category from home sellers or like where I got my bike from, Chemical. But to be fair, if it costs $1000 then it must be worth it's salt, let's remember that 99% of the bike industry is from Taiwan and China. All SRAM, Shimano etc etc are probably made down the road by the same skilled people working on this frame. It uses T800 carbon, it feels solid and it really does ride so much better than my CUBE STING PRO 29er. Don't mock it just because it's from China, direct international purchases are the way forward. But this one is too pricey for the uncertainty on the bearings etc

A waste of time it is is
    Spieg, I think you'll find the $1000 refers to what the frame will actually cost by the time you add in a shock. If you are comparing apples with apples then most "brand" name frames you get come with a shock included in the price and it is kind of an essential bit of kit if you actually want to ride this frame as intended. So $675 plus the cost of a shock would get you close to $1k. Then you want to swap out the bearings, assuming you know how to and have the confidence to have a go at it. That starts to push the cost closer to what you can get close out frames for so for me it becomes a questionable proposition.

Speaking of questionable propositins did you ask what happens to the warranty once you have swapped out bearings? Sure, you are putting better quality back in but that now becomes a modified frame. I'm wondering how the warranty will hold up then.

I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to look at this with open eyes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Actually, I'll be putting a Cannondale lefty supermax 140 pbr on the frame, with an xt groupset and likely mavic rim set, fox float for the rear. The build will be about $2500.00 the equivalent Cannondale trigger is $8200, Pivot 429 Trail $7500, Yeti SB6C, $7500.
    All are similar frames to an extent, and their builds are out of sight IMHO. I see the value here in doing this build. Will I get a killer warranty and a corporate conglomerate behind the product, no I won't. I am willing to spend one third for a similar performing build though. I am still trying to figure out the geometry and getting the sizing right. Obviously with a mock-up in hand we will know at that time, that is the other price here - risk, I cannot demo the bike, even though I have a working fabrication drawing, the saving in dollars will not guarantee a good fit. I am going on the feedback of others that have done this build, touch and go... and a big thank you to LasseB et al for posting up their build info.

A waste of time it is is
    now you are comparing the price of a frame + DIY build to that of a showroom floor bike. I am simply comparing price of a frame and shock to the price of a frame including the shock. The last time I bought a showroom floor bike was about 10 years ago, when I first started mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I see the value in going both ways. I don't, however, see any big brand comparable frames (closeout or otherwise) anywhere near $1000. The closest I found in a quick search was this:

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/devi...MvoBoCrl_w_wcB

Doesn't seem like a bad frame or a bad deal but it's still more than double. Has a lifetime warranty which seems like a big plus, though.

Anyways, all I'm saying is I that at $1000, it is still considerably cheaper to go with the Chinese carbon. If I had $1000 more for my budget, I would probably go with a big brand. My $3000 build was already pushing it for a brand new hobby, though.

Also, changing out the bearings seems to be overkill, IMO. I have two of these built up and neither has had an issue. When they wear out, I'll put some nicer ones in but I don't see that happening any time soon. I'll post without any shame if they do though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Spieg Speigs
    It's really interesting to see the difference in pricing and It does look and hopefully feels like the same frames across all manufacturers. One thing that I have noticed though is that the lower link is subtly different (between the images at least) from HF and the others. If you look closely it does seem like the HF is a one piece forged link whereas the others have a 2 piece with a thin (long?) bolt through the middle. Not sure what impact this has structurally, but I do think that the 1 piece should be stiffer.

A waste of time it is is
    Spieg, was HF really under $700 US delivered? Was that for one off or bulk quantities? That is several hundred cheaper than I was quoted several months ago. I wonder if they have lowered their price in line with their currency being devalued against the US $

Less yap more braaap
    Out of curiosity what length of steerer tube are people running on their bikes? I'm trying to figure out what length I need (haven't got the frame yet but it was just over $750 USD shipped to my door without shock). From what I'm looking at, sounds like I'll need to cut the fork for around 7.25".

Also looking at shocks, it's 200x51 (7.875"x2.0") that fits these frames right? Am I able to buy a shock with a 57mm (2.25") stroke and put some sort of bump stop spacers in it or something to reduce the stroke? It's just that I see a lot more shocks with the longer stroke length up for sale and it's seemingly hard to find a 200x50 or 200x51 sized shock for whatever reason.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier1 View Post
    Out of curiosity what length of steerer tube are people running on their bikes? I'm trying to figure out what length I need (haven't got the frame yet but it was just over $750 USD shipped to my door without shock). From what I'm looking at, sounds like I'll need to cut the fork for around 7.25".

Also looking at shocks, it's 200x51 (7.875"x2.0") that fits these frames right? Am I able to buy a shock with a 57mm (2.25") stroke and put some sort of bump stop spacers in it or something to reduce the stroke? It's just that I see a lot more shocks with the longer stroke length up for sale and it's seemingly hard to find a 200x50 or 200x51 sized shock for whatever reason.
    I haven't tested it myself, as I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, but a few pages back one of the guys playing with builds mentioned that a 57mm stroke didn't cause any issues that he could see. He went with a 51mm in the end, but it *may* work. Certainly worth a shot if you have 57mm shock around

If you do try 57mm, let me know!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Emu26,
    Yes, perhaps my pricing was a bit lower as my business has an account on alibaba (as a vendor), so my inquiry is from a B to B angle. If I recall pricing goes down with multiple unit orders, I don't have my notes with me, perhaps over five units, again at fifteen and then twenty-five. I have the drawings. Will post soonish for comparison purposes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi,
    I am new to the build a MTB world and also to forum. I've read the whole discussion in this forum and I would like to get an opinion.
    I want to buy a full suspension Frame and I am trying to find out if I should go with FM336, or FM036.
    I appreciate any help....
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    So how are you guys doing with your FM 336's ? Happy and no negative developments?
    Please advise. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Both that I built are great. One took a pretty good spill (broken rib) and it doesn't have more than a scuff on it. So far, it's performed great!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mryno View Post
    Both that I built are great. One took a pretty good spill (broken rib) and it doesn't have more than a scuff on it. So far, it's performed great!
    What's your height, what size are your frames? Is the FM-336 a snappy climber?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I'm 6'4" 210 lbs. The other was build for a 5'11" 185 lbs rider. It's a very capable frame. Climbing will definitely be dictated by your suspension/dtivetrain. The frame doesn't hold them back at all. The setup I've got (listed earlier) makes for great climbing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    [/////
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 10-27-2015 at 12:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Northern Soul,
    Friendly note:
    Your image is not an FM-336 AM frame, this thread has primarily addressed the FM-336 All Mountain model, not withstanding you nice image and track record with off continent fabricators.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 05-19-2016 at 01:56 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    How do you order a FM 336 from Hung Fu? Went to their site, however, it was not like you place item in cart and check out.

A waste of time it is is
    email them

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    email them
    www.hongfu-bikes.com to this domain address and they will supply?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Does Hung Fu give you information for rear shock length?
    Last edited by NoColoMtnBiker; 05-14-2016 at 05:58 PM.

A waste of time it is is
    Here, all the information you need, everything from geo, to shock length to what fork to use to how do I order them, is right here

Less yap more braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by NoColoMtnBiker View Post
    Does Hung Fu give you information for rear shock length?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
    FYI it's tight but a couple of people have tested it and you can get away with a 200x57 shock. I went that route as well and got myself a Monarch Plus Debonair. I just need to wait on my shock hardware to arrive (FYI it's M8x22mm (more exactly it's M8x21.84mm) and the eyelet reducer/bushing will be specific to the shock you have but most likely 12.7 if it's a shock made after 2008 (note Cane Creek uses a wider eyelet)).

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Does this seem right? Below is reply regarding frame from Hung Fu. It seems as though they raised the price for frame. Not really into frame at this price point or should I be?

Dear,

thanks for your kindly mail,

this is Angelia from Hongfu bikes.

the price:

FM336:$850

headset:$15

shipping cost:$95(to USA)

4.5% paypal charge:$43.2

total:$1003.2

which size of the frame do you need?

my paypal account:ayi998@126.com

after you pay, please send me your full name, address and phone number.

i will send your items as soon as possible.

waiting for your kindly reply,

have a nice day!

Best regards

Angelia

**Angelia Xiao

******************* *Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Goods Co., Ltd.

********************* Tel : 086 755 84119462 | |

**********************Email:*sales05@hongfu-bikes.cn

********************* Web:*http://www.hongfubikes.com

**********************Products Showroom on Alibaba.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

发件人:Jenny liu <hongfubikes@126.com>

发送时间:2015年11月25日(星期三) 08:41

收件人:Angelia Xia <sales05@hongfu-bikes.cn>

主 题:Fw:HF-FM336

--

best regards,

Jenny

HongFu*sports*Equipment*Co.,Ltd*
    Tel:*+86-755-84119462

Facebook:*https://www.facebook.com/HongFuSports
    HF-bikes:http://www.flickr.com/photos/hongfu_...th/6886153447/

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Reply from Hung Fu. What does information look right, including price?

Dear,

thanks for your kindly mail, this is Angelia from Hongfu bikes.

the price:

which size of the frame do you need?

my paypal account:ayi998@126.com

after you pay, please send me your full name, address and phone number.

i will send your items as soon as possible.

waiting for your kindly reply,

have a nice day!

Best regards

Angelia

**Angelia Xiao

******************* *Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Goods Co., Ltd.

********************* Tel : 086 755 84119462 | |

**********************Email:*sales05@hongfu-bikes.cn

********************* Web:*http://www.hongfubikes.com

**********************Products Showroom on Alibaba.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

发件人:Jenny liu <hongfubikes@126.com>

发送时间:2015年11月25日(星期三) 08:41

收件人:Angelia Xia <sales05@hongfu-bikes.cn>

主 题:Fw:HF-FM336

--

best regards,

Jenny

HongFu*sports*Equipment*Co.,Ltd*
    Tel:*+86-755-84119462

Facebook:*https://www.facebook.com/HongFuSports
    HF-bikes:http://www.flickr.com/photos/hongfu_...th/6886153447/

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Reply from Hung Fu. What do you think?

Dear, thanks for your kindly mail, this is Angelia from Hongfu bikes.

the price:

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Not worth it bro. I don't rate the frame to be honest, I have had to contact them 4 times about warranty. My rear triangle has cracks in it, not due to crashing or a bad batch - it's the design. Too much flex has caused it to fail around the bearings. I think another guy uploaded a similar issue on here at the beginning. Wish I didn't bother now, need a new frame.

Less yap more braaap
    Reply from Hung Fu.
    You can get a better price if you shop around, I got mine for under $800 USD shipped to my door (no head set tho). I went through Deng Fu and was talking to Wendy originally (she left) and Melody (her replacement) at Deng Fu and see what they can do for you (payment will be made to Tony at some chinese webmail email). It's not on their website anymore but ask them about the FM288 T700 AM bike and see if they have access to it lead time is like 45 days though.

That or XM CarbonSpeed people seem to love and Peter seems like he's pretty on point with his stuff.

Less yap more braaap
    Here's my build, still need to finish it up and mount everything (damn you internal routing, I have to bleed my brakes now but at least I can get the levers setup motocross style while I'm at it):

Deng Fu FM288 frame UD Matte finish and BB92 bottom bracket
    SR Suntour Auron RC2 160mm 27.5
    Rockshox Monarch Plus Debonair 200x57
    Shimano Zee M640 4-Piston calipers
    Shimano XT RT76 Rotors 6-Bolt (203mm Front and Rear) (though I'm

kicking myself for not spending the extra $20 to get the RT86 IceTechs)
    Shimano SLX M670 10 Spd Shifters
    Shimano XT 11-36 Cassette
    Shimano Deore M615 Shadow+ Rear Derailleur
    RaceFace NW Chainring 30t on 175mm RaceFace Respond cranks
    Shimano BB71-41A PressFit BB (for BB92)
    Shimano XT HG95 10 Speed HGX Chain with KMC Missing Link
    DT Swiss M480 650b Wheelset on DT350 Hubs and Sapim Race Double Butted

spokes
    Straitline Vertical Wedge
    RaceFace Atlas 1/2" riser bars
    NukeProof Warhead inline Seat Post, 31.6 x 400mm
    WTB Silverado Team Saddle
    On One Smorgasbord Tires 650bx2.25
    Straitline Amp pedals
    34.9mm seatpost clamp
    ODI Ruffian grips
    CC40 Zerostack Tapered Headset

Less yap more braaap
    Well crap.... Does this look right to anyone???

It is the right frame and right shock 200x57 but it's like 40% into it's sag and the i2i looks to be wrong.

Did anyone who bought this frame experience this? From the website specs, it said the frame was supposed to fit a 200x51 shock.

OK I'm leaving the post above here but I figured out the problem. So looking at the lower part of the linkage, they installed it upside down shortening my i2i (notice the upper part of the linkage in my picture is pushed forward). I'm going to work on it tomorrow but I'll take pictures of the process, flipping it right side up should solve my problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails China Carbon AM Duallies-img_20151204_175656.jpg  

Last edited by Tier1; 12-04-2015 at 10:44 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    How about some pictures? How about frame quality? What did you pay and could we get a link to?

A waste of time it is is
    Well crap.... Does this look right to anyone???

It is the right frame and right shock 200x57 but it's like 40% into it's sag and the i2i looks to be wrong.

Did anyone who bought this frame experience this? From the website specs, it said the frame was supposed to fit a 200x51 shock.

OK I'm leaving the post above here but I figured out the problem. So looking at the lower part of the linkage, they installed it upside down shortening my i2i (notice the upper part of the linkage in my picture is pushed forward). I'm going to work on it tomorrow but I'll take pictures of the process, flipping it right side up should solve my problem.
    Look at posts 386 & 387, that bottom shock mount should be able to swing back closer to the seat tube.

Less yap more braaap
    How about some pictures? How about frame quality? What did you pay and could we get a link to?
    I'll post up some pics later. Quality wise I don't know any FS Carbon mountain bikes I can compare it to but I do know a couple people with carbon road bikes from the big name brands. Obviously the MTB is going to be heavier because of the metal linkage brackets and all that but overall it's pretty good. I don't have any NDT equipment or anything like that (although if given a couple test frames and a destructive testing lab I could probably come up with some experiments and gather data). I mentioned it elsewhere in this thread but it was sub $850 USD shipped to my door (in Canada) from Deng Fu bikes (I was initially dealing with Wendy but she left the company and I dealt with her replacement Melody). It looks like they took that model off their website but you could try emailing them and asking if they can get you the FM288 frame.

Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    Look at posts 386 & 387, that bottom shock mount should be able to swing back closer to the seat tube.
    Yeah, it was actually the lower linkage bracket thing was flipped upside down when they assembled it. It's actually not symmetrical, if you look at the 3rd picture down in LasseB's post (#388) the crossbar thing was on the wrong side of the bike, look at the second picture, and the bar is supposed to be on the "top" and not the "bottom" like how I received it. I flipped it right side up, got a torque wrench to tighten up the screws, and the shock went in perfectly.

Less yap more braaap
    Sorry for taking so long. It's Christmas, work has me slammed, and I have other things that I need to take care of. I got a moment to take some pics and upload them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    @Tier1

Am thinking about pulling the trigger on a simliar build with Miracle bikes AM336, what do you mean they installed the rear linkage upside down ? if you fixed it can you post a high res pic of the top and bottom linkages.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Does anybody here have leverage ratios, anti squad, pedal kickback or anti rise graphs of this bike?
    Anyone ever uses linkage software?

Less yap more braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by sundru View Post
    @Tier1

Am thinking about pulling the trigger on a simliar build with Miracle bikes AM336, what do you mean they installed the rear linkage upside down ? if you fixed it can you post a high res pic of the top and bottom linkages.
    Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it when I did it but if you look at the guide LasseB has on changing out the bearings. It's this picture , and this picturethat details how the bracket for the lower part of the rear linkage looks like. Notice how it's asymmetrical. Basically I assume what happened was the factory worker that assembled mine flipped it upside down by accident and sent it out like that. From what I have seen most other people are getting theirs right side up so I just chalked it up to a "Friday assembled frame" when all they care about is going home for the day because I know I've had weekends like that where all I want to do is go out riding or go home and see the girlfriend.

A waste of time it is is
    bad

Rocks belong
    indifferent
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    What size tire can the rear of the fm336 frame handle? can it go to 2.3 or 2.4 ?

Less yap more braaap
    I'm rocking 2.25" tires at the moment, I feel though as if there were room for maybe 2.35" tires before you start running into hardcore rubbing issues with the tire clearance and chainstays. I kind of wish I got 2.3" tires though but I thought I'd stay on the safe side and get the 2.25's

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm running a 2,4 Ardent on a 23mm rim. With 4,0 bar it's rubbing a tiny bit. with 3.0 bar it's not. But you really need it to be true and centered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi guys,
    I'm following this frame from late 2014 when showed as new prototype at european shows.
    As some of you experienced it was not easy to get one during 2015 so I shifted the order till now, just waiting answer on stock from Dengfu, 660$ + 95$ shipped to Europe.

I've read all pages and noticed no one has mentioned that the frame is produced by Flybike which is one of the most appreciated chinese factories, actually a supplier of many brands, also holding one of the most advanced molding technology.

Technically speaking, I honestly didn't uderstood if a 200x57 shock can be mounted without causing links hitting the frame, and if this increase the rear travel (I guess yes).
    IMHO this bike is on the edge between a very good all mountain bike with a 150/150 setup, and an enduro proven rig with more travel.
    Am I wrong?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    very interested with this frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Order placed to Dengfu. Will be shipped tomorrow.
    I bought frame raw as will be painted.
    Got 15,5" CAD design if someone interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hey guys, can someone give a comparison review. Which bikes is it most similar to? How does it perform compared to them? What does it do well? Not so well? Is it good in tight twisty corners? Does it manual, bunny hop, flick well? I'm psyched on new Chinese carbon as much as anyone else, but I would like more in depth knowledge about this style of bike before jumping in.
    Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Delivered!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Dreadful

I have to say that I am amazed people are still buying this frame. FM336 is a terrible and out of date frame. SAVE YOUR MONEY or buy aluminium? The linkage set up is very cheap, it comes loose all the time which puts stress on the rear triangle. The lower linkage collects stones which are then pressed into the lower frame causing cracks. The rear seat stay arms cracked completely around the bearings that connect the to the shock. It isn't a 150mm travel frame, about 141mm. If you fit a 150mm fork like a rockshox pike, the head angle is 68.2. Am bikes are now running 65-66.5 mostly so it is out of date.

I was very stupid to think I could get a carbon AM frame that worked for so little money. Don't get carried away by someone waving carbon at you for cheap money - I honest think I was one of the first people to test ride the frame at all. The factory had no idea, most of the problems happened after the 5-6th ride.

The warranty was dreadful, they lied to be at first. Then they said it was my fault. Then they decided to replace the rear triangle - which would take 3 months.

I am so glad I have this out of my system, I'm sure Flybikes make all types of carbon frames, but without the correct testing and development process a genuine company brings to a frame development process, there is a complete lack of durability and it isn't fit for the job is was designed for.

Mine, I'm very sad to say. Went in the bin, stripped and sold the parts. Purchased a real bike, smiled again.

Walk away from FM336

Oh yeah, and good luck running anything more than 2.2 tyre at the rear. Anything more will start to wear the carbon down. Which will then fail. The rear was designed to be a laughable 2.1 with the correct clearance. Most AM bikes run 2.4 tyres, completely out of date. Also the BB height is far too high, it's like a bb height from 2004.

But you tell yourself 'it can't be that bad, I'm excited so I'm going to buy it'.

If we keep buying it - they won't improve it.
    Last edited by danzo; 01-24-2016 at 01:44 AM. Reason: More issues

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    China Carbon AM Duallies-photo-02-09-2015-8-12-14-pm.jpgChina Carbon AM Duallies-photo-02-09-2015-8-18-08-pm.jpg

I might still have the original rear triangle in the garage. I can take picture of the tyre rub marks which nearly led it to fail.

Why would someone design an AM frame with 2.1 XC tyre set up...

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    I have to say that I am amazed people are still buying this frame. FM336 is a terrible and out of date frame. SAVE YOUR MONEY or buy aluminium? The linkage set up is very cheap, it comes loose all the time which puts stress on the rear triangle. The lower linkage collects stones which are then pressed into the lower frame causing cracks. The rear seat stay arms cracked completely around the bearings that connect the to the shock. It isn't a 150mm travel frame, about 141mm. If you fit a 150mm fork like a rockshox pike, the head angle is 68.2. Am bikes are now running 65-66.5 mostly so it is out of date.

I was very stupid to think I could get a carbon AM frame that worked for so little money. Don't get carried away by someone waving carbon at you for cheap money - I honest think I was one of the first people to test ride the frame at all. The factory had no idea, most of the problems happened after the 5-6th ride.

The warranty was dreadful, they lied to be at first. Then they said it was my fault. Then they decided to replace the rear triangle - which would take 3 months.

I am so glad I have this out of my system, I'm sure Flybikes make all types of carbon frames, but without the correct testing and development process a genuine company brings to a frame development process, there is a complete lack of durability and it isn't fit for the job is was designed for.

Mine, I'm very sad to say. Went in the bin, stripped and sold the parts. Purchased a real bike, smiled again.

Walk away from FM336

Oh yeah, and good luck running anything more than 2.2 tyre at the rear. Anything more will start to wear the carbon down. Which will then fail. The rear was designed to be a laughable 2.1 with the correct clearance. Most AM bikes run 2.4 tyres, completely out of date. Also the BB height is far too high, it's like a bb height from 2004.

But you tell yourself 'it can't be that bad, I'm excited so I'm going to buy it'.

If we keep buying it - they won't improve it.
    These are the exact things I predicted at the beginning of this thread. It's a lot harder to make an enduro bike than a XC bike. HD3s, Mach6s, and Nomads have been around long enough now that there's great used deals so you aren't even saving money with this frame.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

AM frame

China Carbon AM Duallies-336-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I find other sales company

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    That's because they are very cheap to make and they make about $550 out of each sale. The average wage in China is about $750 a month. The thing is, the factory is a very good factory. But they make Carbon for many things including bikes. All different levels of quality. If someone wants a cheap carbon frame - they make it. If someone wants an expensive carbon frame - they make it.

That's what the biggest problem is, no one is asking for a high quality frame from the factory

mtbr member
    May 2015
    China Carbon AM Duallies-20160209_154154%5B1%5D.jpg

Let me share my experience with this frame so far.
    This kit is about 500Km until now all of it made at medium agressive trails (very rocky and rooty) some small drops (no more than 50/60cm). Due particularly to the choice of the suspension, especially at the rear (RS Monarch XX even with the debonair sleeve) because it was thought for a trail bike with good climbing ability, I still haven't put it against higher jumps but I will surely test it at a bike park asap.
    As I think it can be noticed at the photo the HA is now 66, the SPA is 74.5 BB height is 34.5mm and distance between axles is 1173mm, with a RS rev 150mm a Works components headset and two offset bushes.
    As Danzo said the frame is a 150/140mm front/rear travel with the stated 200X51 shock. I've tried it with a 200X57 at the linkage software, cause the frame and linkage it's certainly not a problem, and the result was an increase of about 6mm which made me definitely want to try it in the real thing.
    Danzo also said that the bearings kept on getting loose, which is true, but after replacing them for the Enduro MAX ones the problem was completely solved.
    Regarding lower linkage collecting stones so as Santa Cruz Bronson does as well as others do, just put some helicopter tape or something that would help to protect the frame.
    It also have 2.4 Continental tires mounted in 24mm inner carbon rims and fits perfectly in the frame.
    Until now I'm very pleased with the bike lets see what happens when things get rougher...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauloplus View Post
    Danzo also said that the bearings kept on getting loose, which is true, but after replacing them for the Enduro MAX ones the problem was completely solved.
    Paulo, can you specify which MAX bearings you got? I mean the product code not the size I already know.
    Many thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    6902 llu max-bo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I'm having trouble figuring out what size headset to order. Can someone please post exactly what top/bottom size headset kits they used with the fm336 frame?

Also, what rotor size are the rear mounts for?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Discovered this one! They're also doing a 27.5+ with boost spacing version.
    Comments?

2016 Full Suspension Mountain Bike Carbon Frame AM/Enduro FM269-2.4 [FM269-2.4]

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    They are OEM only. MOQ is 25 units. They don't sell direct to people last time I asked... Either way, I wouldn't buy one that hasn't been tested by a bike company anymore. These frames appear to have lacked the 'refinement' stage that a bike company will bring to the process wanting to produce a quality product and have a reputation using skilled or pro riders and product developers.

There is a UK company, cannot remember the name - they have got hold of a Chinese frame full sus frame and have made a lot of changes to bring it up to standards. That's how it is done in my eyes. Chem or Chemical bikes or something. You cannot rely on a factory alone to produce a frame that will perform.

Yishun Bikes have copied the geo number for number of the Hung-Fu AM frame. That frame direct from the factory is dated, out of date geo - with an incorrect TT measurement to make it look more appealing. Why would they copy it if they knew what they were doing to have a good AM frame? Doesn't make sense...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalgear View Post
    well like i said before i can get my hands on the frames if you want me to get you one,
    now mind you i kind of went overboard on my build so please be gentle.
    Hi FinalGear,

What is the frame size? And how tall are you?
    Thanks,
    ChuckieG

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by christianr View Post
    Delivered!

Hi Christianr,

Do you have pics of the complete build of a 15.5 frame? All of the posts here I see are either the 17.5 or 20".

Thanks,
    ChuckieG

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckieG View Post
    Hi Christianr,

Do you have pics of the complete build of a 15.5 frame? All of the posts here I see are either the 17.5 or 20".

Thanks,
    ChuckieG
    Hi Chukie,
    still not finished as I'm not hurry but here's a pic:

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by christianr View Post
    Hi Chukie,
    still not finished as I'm not hurry but here's a pic:

Looks awesome! Color too! What's the tire size/width on it. Good clearance in the rear?

Thanks much!
    ChuckieG

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Looks awesome! Color too! What's the tire size/width on it. Good clearance in the rear?

Thanks much!
    ChuckieG
    Also, what's the rear shock size you placed, 200 X 57?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thanks!
    I'm currently running a front Hans Dampf 2.35 and rear Nobby Nic 2.25 but on 35mm width rims (external, internal is 29mm), there's still room but I'm not interested on larger rear tire.
    Maybe later I'll post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckieG
    Also, what's the rear shock size you placed, 200 X 57?
    No, I'm using the 200x51 as recommended.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Thanks Christianr! That would be great if you could post a pic of the rear wheel clearance with a 2.25 tire when you have a chance!
    ChuckieG

mtbr member
    Guys,

Want to see your frame being sold by a real bike company for $2,400 USD? Go here:

2016 CARBON ADRENAL ATOM 6 FRAME ONLY - ORANGE ? CHEMICAL BIKES

This is the EXACT same frame but with a 2 degree mod to the HA. Be happy about what you bought. Almost all carbon bikes are made in Taiwan or China anyways. However, I do agree that the rear suspension is awful on this frame. Had the S7 from ICAN and sold it because of it. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Idea!

Last edited by danzo; 04-28-2016 at 02:20 AM.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 13JMH View Post
    Guys,

Want to see your frame being sold by a real bike company for $2,400 USD? Go here:

2016 CARBON ADRENAL ATOM 6 FRAME ONLY - ORANGE ? CHEMICAL BIKES

This is the EXACT same frame but with a 2 degree mod to the HA. Be happy about what you bought. Almost all carbon bikes are made in Taiwan or China anyways. However, I do agree that the rear suspension is awful on this frame. Had the S7 from ICAN and sold it because of it. Cheers!
    A 2 HA change is pretty significant. Now if they lengthen the top tube, improve tire clearance & pivot durability, and clean up the shock rate & wheel path they'll have a decent bike. Too bad all that R&D costs money and that's why good AM bikes aren't cheap.

Like I said a year ago in this thread, popping out a copy of an XC bike that gets the job done is a lot easier than making a cheap AM bike that passes muster.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I don't know much about the Chinese Carbon frame but Chemical looks like they have done quite a bit to their frame. They have a lower linkage protection thingy which looks pretty bloody cool. Anyone found a review for these yet?
    News ? CHEMICAL BIKES

mtbr member
    Couldn't agree more. I love my hardtail from China. Will never buy a full suspension from there again though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Here's my bullsh1t FS frame...China Carbon AM Duallies-img_6478.jpg

mtbr member

Yishun LCFS705

For all of you who had a horrible experience with the suspension bob on the Hongu FM336, Dengu FM288, and ICAN S7, there is a new Boost VPP Chinese Carbon frame out now manufactured by Yishun Bikes (top OEM supplier in China). Model # is LCFS705. Can be purchased on Alibaba (MOQ 1). I'm not saying this frame will be an improvement but it sure seems like it is based on the suspension design. I know I said I would never buy another one but I'm so curious to see if there's any improvement. Plus, it is $150 less than the FM336. Quote I received was $690 plus $70 shipping.

Link is here:

New Arrival 2016 Yishun Mtb Frames All Mountain/enduro Practice Carbon Bicycle 27.5 Full Suspension Frame Lcfs705 Photo, Detailed about New Arrival 2016 Yishun Mtb Frames All Mountain/enduro Practice Carbon Bicycle 27.5 Full Suspension Frame Lcfs705

China Carbon AM Duallies-lcfs705-yishun.jpg

mtbr member
    Forgot the Geo. Thoughts? Opinions?

China Carbon AM Duallies-untitled.png

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    A 2 HA change is pretty significant. Now if they lengthen the top tube, improve tire clearance & pivot durability, and clean up the shock rate & wheel path they'll have a decent bike. Too bad all that R&D costs money and that's why good AM bikes aren't cheap.

Like I said a year ago in this thread, popping out a copy of an XC bike that gets the job done is a lot easier than making a cheap AM bike that passes muster.
    I don't agree that an AM bike is harder than an xc bike to design and manufacture. Weight isn't being shaved to razor thin margins. Pedal platform is less critical. Room for water bottles is less in demand, etc.

My Bronson has what would now be considered a horribly short top tube. It also has the same rock crushing small linkage gap. Bearings have been reported to come loose in these forums. And this frame doesn't have a worse wheel path than any of the single pivot axle path designs, including split pivot.

If this frame can be faulted, it's for being a couple years behind industry trends. Did bikes honestly suck 3 years ago? Steeper head tubes, smaller tires, shorter top tubes...

mtbr member
    May 2015

mtbr member
    May 2016

Please advise me... Assemble AM bikes using FM 336

Hey guys,

I m going to build mine using FM336 Frame.

Very exciting cause my first DIY.

So.. I wanna know below..

1. Rear Shock Bushings.

- I have FOX 200x2", (15" CTD),
    I knew bushing size is M8x21.85mm (for FM336)
    so.. How many bushings I need ??
    2 for upper and bottoms ?

2. Heavy Duty Mount Kit

- Does HeavyDuty MountKit Improves the pivot performance??

3. Headset bearing Size

- I will change default Headset bearings.
    so, anyone tell me size of it.
    Is it Improves Steering movemnets?

please let me know.. and sorry for my bad english..

thx for reading.
    Last edited by JS Park; 05-18-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Less yap more braaap
    You need 2 sets of the bushing kits. One for upper and one for lower.

I suggest you go to your local bike shop when getting it installed if you don't know what you're doing and don't have the tools.

I don't know if it improves pivot performance but it is supposed to last a lot longer than the traditional reducer/top hat shock mount setups. The mount has a polymer eyelet bushing which I'm told is supposed to be better than the traditional DU bushings.

I got the TFTuned kit because I couldn't find anyone locally that stocked any shock mount kits, plus the timeframe they were looking at getting a kit in stock for me was the same time that I could have gotten a kit from TFTuned delivered to my door so I went with them.

As for the headset it basically allows the steerer tube to turn smoothly in the head tube. I really like my Cane Creek Zero Stack headset. Specifically I got the Cane Creek 40 series ZS44|ZS56/40 the model number you're looking for is BAA0533K. Although, if you want something a bit more blingy I think the Chris King Inset2 should fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Any news on the 29er version (HF-FM356 I think ?) of this design yet please guys ?
    Sorry I know this is a 27.5" thread but this is the only place I've found the 29er even mentioned (admittedly with limited searching . . . . but still) .

TIA

Fat Biker

mtbr member
    May 2016
    You need 2 sets of the bushing kits. One for upper and one for lower.

I suggest you go to your local bike shop when getting it installed if you don't know what you're doing and don't have the tools.

I don't know if it improves pivot performance but it is supposed to last a lot longer than the traditional reducer/top hat shock mount setups. The mount has a polymer eyelet bushing which I'm told is supposed to be better than the traditional DU bushings.

I got the TFTuned kit because I couldn't find anyone locally that stocked any shock mount kits, plus the timeframe they were looking at getting a kit in stock for me was the same time that I could have gotten a kit from TFTuned delivered to my door so I went with them.

As for the headset it basically allows the steerer tube to turn smoothly in the head tube. I really like my Cane Creek Zero Stack headset. Specifically I got the Cane Creek 40 series ZS44|ZS56/40 the model number you're looking for is BAA0533K. Although, if you want something a bit more blingy I think the Chris King Inset2 should fit.

I already pull the trigger..

and ordered Enduro's Bearing "BK-5864" which spec is
    M8x22.2mm (two)

THX man

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Anyone else look for the 29er version of this frame (I know a few are )

Bruto posted this link for my lazy search butt

Seems pricy though

Fat Biker

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Quote Originally Posted by 13JMH View Post
    For all of you who had a horrible experience with the suspension bob on the Hongu FM336, Dengu FM288, and ICAN S7, there is a new Boost VPP Chinese Carbon frame out now manufactured by Yishun Bikes (top OEM supplier in China). Model # is LCFS705. Can be purchased on Alibaba (MOQ 1). I'm not saying this frame will be an improvement but it sure seems like it is based on the suspension design. I know I said I would never buy another one but I'm so curious to see if there's any improvement. Plus, it is $150 less than the FM336. Quote I received was $690 plus $70 shipping.

Link is here:

New Arrival 2016 Yishun Mtb Frames All Mountain/enduro Practice Carbon Bicycle 27.5 Full Suspension Frame Lcfs705 Photo, Detailed about New Arrival 2016 Yishun Mtb Frames All Mountain/enduro Practice Carbon Bicycle 27.5 Full Suspension Frame Lcfs705

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LCFS705 Yishun.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	1068935
    Interestingly enough, I can't seem to find that frame on Alibaba anymore.

I did find this, though, which is interesting: 2016 Oem 27.5er Plus Dual Full Suspension Mouanin Bmx Bikes Enduro Frame - Buy 27.5er Dual Suspension Frame,Bmx Bikes,Enduro Mountian Frame Product on Alibaba.com

Not being sold through any other websites as far as I can tell. Not much info about "Imust Carbon", and despite some mention of "Ican" at the bottom of the listing, it's not on Ican's website either.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Interestingly enough, I can't seem to find that frame on Alibaba anymore.

I did find this, though, which is interesting: 2016 Oem 27.5er Plus Dual Full Suspension Mouanin Bmx Bikes Enduro Frame - Buy 27.5er Dual Suspension Frame,Bmx Bikes,Enduro Mountian Frame Product on Alibaba.com

Not being sold through any other websites as far as I can tell. Not much info about "Imust Carbon", and despite some mention of "Ican" at the bottom of the listing, it's not on Ican's website either.
    Hmmm, let me see if I can find it again but they may also be out. I received an email from one of Yishun's sales reps a couple of weeks ago stating they only had three left (in size medium). I know they a selling a ton of these to European bike companies so maybe they are just in b/w production runs.

The link you posted is a 120MM Travel bike (w/boost) that ICAN is selling. They call it the P8. If they are selling it, I would assume the other companies are too. I already got a quote on it a while back ($725 + $98 EMS Shipping). That was on April 21st and they still were not done producing it yet. Here was the email they sent me:

Thanks for your email again .Hope you are well .
    For the 27.5er frame ,now we have one new 27.5er plus suspension frame P8.
    It is USD2368g .Pls check the enclosed photo .
    P8 is USD725/set for UD matt.included frame +headset.
    The shipping cost to USA is USD98 by EMS .

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=PHeller;12669344]Interestingly enough, I can't seem to find that frame on Alibaba anymore.

You're right. I can't find it either. If you want to check it out, just go to their website. Here is the link:
    27.5? MTB Boost 2.4*148mm FULL SUSPENSION CARBON Bike FRAME LCFS705 [LCFS705]

I emailed them through their contact page and it took them about two weeks to get back to me. However, once I established contact, they were quick to respond.

The P8 actually has a decent reach/TT length for once. 630TT and 450 Reach. (The Process 111 in Large has the same TT but a longer reach at 460).

I'm not sure how I feel about the P8's carbon chainstays. Even the big boys are hesitant to run carbon stays for fear of rock strikes.

I wish they gave us "top down" drawings so we could determine tire clearances for ourselves.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    The P8 actually has a decent reach/TT length for once. 630TT and 450 Reach. (The Process 111 in Large has the same TT but a longer reach at 460).

I'm not sure how I feel about the P8's carbon chainstays. Even the big boys are hesitant to run carbon stays for fear of rock strikes.

I wish they gave us "top down" drawings so we could determine tire clearances for ourselves.
    I agree. Here is the print they sent me on the P8. I'm sure if you email them, they could probably give you an idea of tire clearance but I don't know how much I would trust their judgment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here's my build, been using it for about 4 months now.
    I initially had it set up on a set of Rev's 150mm and std headset, after looking at the chemical bikes one i changed the headset and put some 160 mm pikes on it, massive difference. The result is a much more confidence inspiring ride and more control over rough terrain.
    reading back a few pages, i havent experianced any pedal bob at all? my Cane Creek DB is awesome but even on the fox CTD ut didnt bob.

bike rider
    Are you implying that your bike has a 63 head angle? How many "pikes" did that require?
    Keep the Country country.

Yea something is off on that measurement. Chemical lists the bike with a 160mm fork an 2 angleset at 65 HTA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    we have 29er FM356 all mountain frame . this is our website: TanTan Sports Equipment Co.,LTD

alibaba: Shenzhen Tantan Sports Equipment Co., Ltd. - caron bicycle frame,carbon rims

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Are you implying that your bike has a 63 head angle? How many "pikes" did that require?
    Nah, it's more 64.5 but it's measuring on a phone while holding the bike which isn't the most accurate way of doing things.

Pedal-worx racing

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hi,

So I just bought the Ican S7 version of this frame. Looking forward to the build. Has anyone that has already built and ridden theirs have any comments about the high speed handling? Seems there is a comment about the head angle being slightly steep, though still seems to be in the trail/AM range. There was one comment about 160mm forks helping which would seem to back this up. Any stock geometry comments?

My build plan,

Fox 34 factory Talas 150mm
    Fox float CTD 200x57
    Easton Haven 27.5" wheels
    Shimano XTR shifters and derailleurs
    XT cranks and brakes

I struggled between 2x11 and 3x11. In the end I decided 2x11 with the low I wanted was too low in the tallest gear, so I went with a 3x11. I think my knees will be much happier.

Bits and pieces are on their way, I figure a month or so before it's ready to ride.

Joel
    Last edited by Joel_l; 08-11-2016 at 07:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hi mate, I have an S7 and it's an awesome bike now I've made a few tweaks. I have changed to a set of pike 160s and I put a angle set headset, before it was just that little bit twitchy. Before you change your forks though change the headset.
    Only criticism of the frame is the small tyre clearance on the rear. Running a 2.35 rock razor and it rubs under pressure.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hi,

What offset are you using in the head? So far 1.5 degrees is the max I can find for a 1.5" taper stem.

Joel

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    2.0 either works components or Superstar Components make them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I'll look into those. I will have a strait headset to start with. I'll want to see how it feels to me first. My bike now has a 70 degree head angle and I have no issue with it. I'll see how the 68.5 plays out with the rest of the new bike geometry. It's good to know there are adjustments that can be made.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am definitely more confident on mine than I was on a transition covert 29er

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I see that Works choose to us an EC cup on top and the ZS on the bottom. I've been looking at a Cane Creek setuo that gives 1.5 degrees, uses a ZS on top and EC on the bottom. Looks like the CC headset would give my 150mm forks about the same frame to axle length as your 160mm. It seems odd that I haven't been able to find a set that is ZS top and bottom with some of the offset in the top and some in the bottom.

Looks like I will have all the bits to build the bike in before the frame gets here. Haven't decided if I want to paint it yet or just leave it the matte UD look.