Long story short. I've ended up with a few wheel sets and bike setup options and wanted to get some other people's thoughts.
- bike is a 26 hardtail
- 2 wheels sets (carbon 26 rovals and 27.5 ZTR crests)
- On the rovals I run pretty aggressive tires (purgatory and ground control)
- On Crests I run Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph
- Type of riding is generally XC/Trail, nothing too technical
- I have ridden both and definitely feel the benefits of 27.5 but the carbon 26 rovals make up for it by being so stiff and light
- I am currently running a 2011 Fox F100 RLC FIT with Kash but getting more crown contact than I like with a 2.25 NN. I have a Xfusion enix being used on my wife's bike that is 650 compatible, allowing me to run whatever tire I want in the front
OK, with all that in mind, which would you go with? 26 hardtail with carbon wheels and fox fork, or 27.5 hardtail with xfusion enix fork?
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Carbon 26 vs. Aluminum 27.5
Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »