mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Cannondale Cujo anyone ride one?

Hi guys finding it very difficult to find reviews on the cannondale cujo. Any good?

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Amccar View Post
    Hi guys finding it very difficult to find reviews on the cannondale cujo. Any good?
    Cannondale Cujo 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Thanks I did see that yesterday after I had posted and realised was wrong tyre size had posted in 🙈

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I recently got one after digging around for a good all purpose ride. I've got about 40 miles on mine at this point including a 23 miler yesterday.

I'm an old roadie myself, and i love this thing. it isn't the fastest most nimble bike i've ever ridden-- but as for traction and stability? man.. i couldn't ask for more. we have tons of rocks and roots around Frederick, and with 18 psi in the tires, it's a tank, and comfortable as hell. i kinda consider it more of an 'expeditionary craft' than something race oriented, and that's just as i wanted it. i suspect there's a boatload of folks who would like lighter faster whips, but i kinda think of it as a woods exploration rig. all that said, there's way better riders than myself-- but that's really the best part of it-- i don't need to be a full on hoss off road to enjoy riding this thing, and on an off day it's a whole lot more forgiving than the santacruz chameleon i rode the other day- which was a rocketship, but it let you know HEY WAKE UP if you got tired. the cujo is kinda the rando bike of the mountain world. still feels good, but kinda protects the rider. After 23 miles yesterday, i was whipped-- but it wasn't asking for unduly sharp handling skills- just kinda getting me there without expecting criterium bike handling.

it's spec'd well (i have a 2), and nothing on it is weird and proprietary so if i'm riding someplace i don't have to abort mission because something breaks. and nothing is so spendy that i haveta cry if it does either. it just ticks along doing it's job.

far as i'm concerned... kinda doing everything right!