No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

650b purchase dilemma solved. Bronson content

I've been on the fence for a bit about purchasing a 650b trailbike. I recently sold my Trans Am 29er hardtail and decided to move forward. The other bikes in my stable are my "everyday" 6x6 coil/coil Titus El Guapo, which weighs about 34 pounds or so, and my DH bike, an Intense M9.

I'm 6'2, 190 pounds, 34-inch cycling inseam for reference and I live in the Phoenix metro area. My typical trails are very, very rocky, loose and steep. I typically ride a large-sized frame from most manufacturers.

I was able to locally parking lot ride four bikes, followed up by much internet research. The four were: RM Altitude 750, Turner Burner, Santa Cruz Bronson and Intense 275. All fit me quite well in size L, with the Turner being the roomiest and the RM feeling overall smallest.

The Turner and the Intense both listed around $5,000, while the RM and the Bronson (aluminum RAM27 kit) were at $3,400. The Bronson felt very natural for me and I've never owned a Santa Cruz bike. The RM felt and pedal'd light (in the neutral setting), but also seemed a little pinner for the terrain and my riding style.

As it turns out, I received a hard-to-believe cash-and-carry price from a local shop and picked up the Bronson yesterday morning. Bone stock with no pedals it weighed a hair over 31 pounds on the bathroom scale.

Awesomized by dbozman1173, on Flickr

I got to work in the afternoon (in my 120-degree garage) to make some changes prior to first ride.

Swapped in my KS i950 dropper, Thomson X4 stem, Raceface Atlas bars, SLX crankset with Blackspire rings and BBG bash, set wheels up tubeless, Shimano XT brakes and an XTR ti cassette and Blackspire flats.

I dropped probably 500 to 600 grams in parts, but then added the dropper and flats. Ready-to-ride weight as shown is 32 pounds on the nose (non-scientific bathroom scale). Not seeing other spots for significant weight loss other than wheels tires.

For giggles, the stock Bronson rear wheel (WTB rim, Shimano hub and HR2 tire, tubeless) is 300 grams heavier than the a 26er rear wheel (Mavic 819, King hub, Conti Trail King 2.2 tubeless).

Loading up right now for my first shakedown run and will report back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Looks good!

mtbr member
    well done sir...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nice looking bike. I live in the Phoenix area as well and have been wanting to test ride some of the bikes you mentioned... especially the Turner. Was it a LBS sponsored event? Was the Bronson your first choice?
    Killing it with close inspection.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Rage has a Burner and several RM Altitudes. Adventure and Sunday have Bronsons. Slippery Pig has a 275. Not a sponsored event and I was not able to trail ride anything. The Bronson was not my first choice. The Burner was my first choice, but the super-long chainstays and the overall cost was a turnoff. I really like the Altitude and would love to get one on a real trail ride. At the end of the day, though, I didn't want to take a chance on it, as it does feel very pinner to me.

With the deal I got on the Bronson, it was a no-brainer.

First ride report coming in a minute.

mtbr member
    Nice! Subscribed, Indeed let us know how you like it, especially how its in the rough compared to a 29er. Also how you like the Fox suspension?

Did you haggle with the LBS? Not sure if my LBS will take kindly to that, most around here get all buthurt when you do.

I am in the same boat, between the Bronson, Alttitude and a little somthin somthin that should be anounced on Monday....

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I was in the market right away, so didn't want to wait for the Ibis thing or the reported 650b Knolly Endorphin. The Knolly would have been my first choice, but announcing something and actually bringing it to market are two different things.

I didn't really haggle. I usually just ask the shop owner "what's your absolute best out-the-door price (including tax) for a cash sale right now?" That only works with floor models and you obviously have to be prepared to pay in cash, which I was.

I don't work in the industry and have no idea what traditional markups are, but I did get a tremendous deal on the bike. That basically made the decision for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    So Jelly. Very nice Bike. Look forward to hear your thoughts on the ride.I will probably be looking to jump into a 27.5 next summer and love the Bronson as I am a heavier rider at 6.0' 240 atm (losing weight now). Might be too much travel for my Northeast trails however.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Ride report. Yes, we do ride year-round here in Phoenix, but you have to be hard or stupid to ride in June, July and August. I missed the perfect window of opportunity this morning, by not getting to the trailhead until 6:30. It was already nearly 90 degrees and full sun.

Couple minor setup issues, mostly revolving around my dropper post cable being too tightly routed and causing performance problems. I can see a stealth post in the future. The Fox 34 was OK, but clearly very tight and actually squeaky in the seals. Noticed a couple of unusual clunks on high-speed square-edged hits; might pull the lowers off just to be sure there's oil in them.

Otherwise, the ride was drama-free. The frame was dead silent and the rear Fox CTD performed very well. I left both shock and fork in descend mode and eyeballed roughly 20-ish% sag in the front and 25-30% in the rear. Both tires tubeless with 25psi in the front and 28 in the rear.

As is typically the case, the bike is not magical. It won't loft you up climbs that you may typically struggle with. That said, it climbed fine, so drama. Rides a bit higher in its travel than the normal 6-inch AM bike that I typically ride. BB is a little low, but nothing I'm not used to and didn't clip pedals in places that I wasn't expecting to. Noticed a tiny bit of pedal feedback in granny while pedaling over square-edged stuff, but didn't find it bothersome.

The Bronson isn't what I'd call a magical climber, but it gets the job done.

On the other hand, descending? Pretty nice. Handling is very neutral, but it's easy to get your weight back, hip-steer, manual, etc. It's not overly slack, but slack enough to be comfortable on the steeps.

What I did notice is the Bronson gains velocity at an incredible rate. This is something I typically associate with downhill bikes, but the Bronson has this in spades. I can't explain it, but this bike will get you in over your head quickly if you're not paying attention as it relates to speed. I love it, but it's something to be cognizant of.

Otherwise, the bike feels very natural. I got on and was immediately comfortable, like I had been riding it for years. I tend to like bikes a bit smaller, so the large with a 70mm stem is perfect for me size-wise. I would say I'm at the upper range of sizing at 6'2.

My only real knock is the weight. On very steep climbs, I could feel it. This thing would be a real beast if you could knock 2 or 3 pounds off. If I wasn't scared of it in this environment, I probably would have sprung for the carbon frame. As it is, the bike begs for a high-end lighter set of wheels and maybe a rear tire that doesn't weigh a ton. When is the Conti Trail King coming in 27.5?

Couple pics of today's ride. I'll dial in a couple small things and hit it again tomorrow.

photo (8) by dbozman1173, on Flickr
    About to drop in on the backside of Bloody Knuckles at Phoenix Mountain Preserve

photo (7) by dbozman1173, on Flickr
    The runout from Hairball in the shadows behind the bike.

photo (5) by dbozman1173, on Flickr
    Closer view of trail in background.

photo (6) by dbozman1173, on Flickr
    On the truck and ready to head home.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Dion,

Was the Burner at Rage a Large? I assume so. Thanks for the write up. The Bronson looks to be too much bike for me but I look forward to a longer term review from you after you have had it for awhile. The Knolly pricing will definitely not be in line with the Santa Cruz...

Did Adventure Bikes have any Solos on the floor? Might have to go bike shopping today...

Thanks,
    Bob

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    No, haven't seen any Solo's but Bill at Adventure was talking about it. I was there on Thursday, so no idea when they might start trickling in.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Actually, one critical thing I forgot to mention. Wheel size. You know why I forgot to mention it? Because it turned out to be irrelevant.

Not sure if it's a good thing or bad, but if I hadn't known they were 27.5 wheels, I likely wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't a 26er with tall tires.

I suppose, retrospectively, that's pretty interesting. Perhaps SC has succeeded in integrating the frame to the wheel size so successfully that you can't even tell. Perhaps that accounts for the increased downhill speed. I don't know.

I can tell you, with years of experience on both 26er and 29ers, you can ALWAYS tell you're on a 29er, no matter how good it otherwise is. Two of the best 29ers I've owned are the Kona Satori and a Canfield Yelli Screamy; as good as they were, there was never any doubt you were on a wagon-wheeler. Perhaps the greatest 275 success will be that it's almost imperceptible from a 26er while offering some minor speed and/or rollover capability.

mtbr member
    Nice. Thanks for the review. A great deal on a bike that is right in front of you is hard to pass up, especially when you have the money in your pocket.

I think you made a good choice. The Bronson looks to be great bike.

Does it feel like it will overlap with your el guapo too much?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I hesitate to make too many pronouncements on the basis of one ride. I'll be climbing National in the morning and that'll give me a much better idea. In the meantime, my suspicion is there is a quite a bit more EG overlap than I intended.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Actually, one critical thing I forgot to mention. Wheel size. You know why I forgot to mention it? Because it turned out to be irrelevant.

Not sure if it's a good thing or bad, but if I hadn't known they were 27.5 wheels, I likely wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't a 26er with tall tires.

I suppose, retrospectively, that's pretty interesting. Perhaps SC has succeeded in integrating the frame to the wheel size so successfully that you can't even tell. Perhaps that accounts for the increased downhill speed. I don't know.

I can tell you, with years of experience on both 26er and 29ers, you can ALWAYS tell you're on a 29er, no matter how good it otherwise is. Two of the best 29ers I've owned are the Kona Satori and a Canfield Yelli Screamy; as good as they were, there was never any doubt you were on a wagon-wheeler. Perhaps the greatest 275 success will be that it's almost imperceptible from a 26er while offering some minor speed and/or rollover capability.
    Totally agree with this after a parking lot test of a size too big Burner. Where the 29er wheels always seem huge the 27.5 just felt like 26ers but faster. Nimble but fast. Uh oh says the budget....

Bob

mtbr member

I thought the wheel size was quite noticeable. The long chain stays also stood out for me. I don't mean this in a bad way as overall it was a very fun bike to ride. It was just noticeable. The bike also feels long. Technically, the wheel base on my regular bike is longer but the Bronson felt longer.

I also find it interesting that you think the fork felt like it didn't have bath oil. I described it as such in a different thread.

Congrats on the new bike.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Bob: I personally didn't notice any speed increase climbing. I did notice a tremendous increase in velocity on the down and very quick increase in velocity. Like, drop in and all of a sudden you're going WAY too fast. Wish there was some climbing magic.

As I said, this bike practically begs for a set of carbon hoops and a lighter rear tire.

DJ: Have you ridden 29ers? If not, that may explain your experience. If you have, then I don't know.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Bob: I personally didn't notice any speed increase climbing. I did notice a tremendous increase in velocity on the down and very quick increase in velocity. Like, drop in and all of a sudden you're going WAY too fast. Wish there was some climbing magic.

As I said, this bike practically begs for a set of carbon hoops and a lighter rear tire.

DJ: Have you ridden 29ers? If not, that may explain your experience. If you have, then I don't know.
    Can't imagine how their would be an increase in speed climbing. That would be awesome if it could happen.

Just free wheeling on flat land after adding some power and I could feel the "speed". Add in some downhill and watch out as you have said quite eloquently. Came home and did the same "test" on my 26er. It was slower. I am sold on the improvement. Now I need to see how much I want or can sell to get that improvement. Think I gotta go carbon frame and carbon wheels too. This gonna get expensive...

Bob

Ps dang you Dion. If you could have just ridden your El Guapo I wouldn't have drunk the koolaid today. Or at least not mention the Burner at Rage...

mtbr member
    Very little. I am fairly short and prefer slack squishy bikes. Although these are now available in the 29" variety, I am not sure that would be my cup of tea.

I will be getting a smaller, more pedal friendly bike to go with my Chilcotin. I like the idea of 650b for that. I have decided that I am going to wait for the fork situation to evolve a bit more.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    May 2013

650b purchase dilemma solved. Bronson content

I felt the same "heavy" feeling as you on the climbs and gradual long inclines.... Changed the HR2 in the back to an Ardent 2.25 and it really woke the bike up. Not just for me but everyone that I had been riding with ( 29er group) was commenting on the increase in speed. Just something to think about.
    Btw u are correct on the giddy up and go but I'm learning that the Bronson will defiantly take the speed and abuse. Just ride it like u hate it and she will bring a smile to your face.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Bob: Can't take it with you, bro.

DJ: The reason I ask is, guys who've ridden 29ers a bunch (like me) grow accustomed to the wheel size. The 27.5 feels almost exactly like my 26er with big tires.

Hoop: I'll be looking for the Conti Trail king to come out. In the meantime, I'll think about the Ardent. Always liked it on 29ers, but not on 26ers for some reason.

Gah, seriously thinking that a carbon wheelset would be grand idea. So stupid ...

mtbr member

I kinda felt that you did make a mention regarding the wheel size, when you said "the Bronson gains velocity at an incredible rate".

One thing I was hoping to read about was that you swapped out the air suspension for coil. I'm worried coil is going the way of the dodo...

Hard funkinī Kraut

Not sure if it's a good thing or bad, but if I hadn't known they were 27.5 wheels, I likely wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't a 26er with tall tires ... Perhaps the greatest 275 success will be that it's almost imperceptible from a 26er while offering some minor speed and/or rollover capability.
    Thatīs what the 650B-Craze is all about.

I have the Possibility to switch Wheelsize on my Spitfire and the only Thing I notice is being a very very slightly sitting "higher" on the Bike. But thatīs only when riding on Asphalt-Roads - on the Trails it turns out to what Blatant mentioned.
    Altough I have to say I like the 650Bs more, because my Wheelset is much lighter than my 26-WS and makes the real significant Difference.

Hope you enjoy the Bronson - itīs for shure a good Bike!

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Bob: Can't take it with you, bro.

Gah, seriously thinking that a carbon wheelset would be grand idea. So stupid ...
    You bet. I wonder how long you will keep the El Guapo because it sounds like you bought the same bike but with slightly bigger wheels?

Does Dave Thomas do carbon wheels? He has to be in Colorado this time of year...

Bob

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Damn i want one need to sell my Niner WFO

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Dave is still in town; just picked up a wheel for my DH bike two days ago. And, yes, the EG could be in trouble. Second ride report from National coming in a bit.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Second ride report. This morning I drove down to South Mountain to ride National Trail. Climbed up National to a bit past the Waterfall, then turned around and bombed back down.

To non-Phoenicians, National is a very popular and pretty difficult trail, particularly to climb. It's steep, it's nothing but rocks, square edges and ledges. It's hot and there is no shade. And then you get to bomb back down. We tend to ride it quite a bit and you get used to it; it's never easy, but you get used to it. And just when you get used to it, the trail will rise up and bite you.

Half the scars I have on my arms and legs came courtesy of National.

It's also a prime location to test every facet of a bike's performance. If there's a weak link, this trail will find it.

All that said, the Bronson performed spectacularly. I could really stop typing right there.

The frame is stiff and the angles are perfectly dialed. Again, I noticed the weight on the climbs, but through the technical stuff, the bike will keep moving forward as long as your legs/lungs are willing.

It is clear, though, that descending is this bike's forte. Man, I tell you, this thing is fast. And it handles the tech well. I hit one of my regular lines on the Waterfall on the first roll-in, no drama. I was having too much fun to stop for pics, unfortunately. And I'm often a little leery of the Waterfall on a new bike as you can get yourself seriously hurt quickly if it doesn't go as planned.

Best thing I can say, this bike just feels natural and composed. It doesn't do anything weird and covers up as much as possible for whatever unusual input you're providing. It wasn't my fastest run ever down National (not like DH bike fast), but for what is theoretically a "trail bike," the Bronson absolutely rails the downs.

Couple things of note: I'm not a fan of Fox forks in general, but this one seems to be breaking in a bit. Used almost all of its travel today, but didn't notice it diving into its mid-stroke at any point. Ran it solely in the "descend" mode. The CTD shock seems to be a keeper; as plush as you can expect an air shock to be.

Check your pivots. Noticed some wiggle-waggle on the climb up, stopped and found all the pivots had backed out a bit. Torqued down and all was good.

Again, this thing absolutely begs for a lighter set of wheels, which I think will really wake up the ascending performance (with a lighter rear tire). I can't commit to carbon, but I'm going to be doing some research on wheels.

I'm flailing around a bit on this, but the bike is quite solid. Again, I didn't notice the wheel size at all. My only second-guess at this point is not considering the carbon frame more strongly. If you're on the fence, well, I'd probably get the carbon.

Feel free to ask any questions about stuff I haven't covered.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop5 View Post
    I felt the same "heavy" feeling as you on the climbs and gradual long inclines.... Changed the HR2 in the back to an Ardent 2.25 and it really woke the bike up. Not just for me but everyone that I had been riding with ( 29er group) was commenting on the increase in speed. Just something to think about.
    Blatant. Having just ridden the Phoenix area I totally agree - the HR2 is super grippy and also slow for that reason. Keep it on the front and go with something faster rolling in the rear (I don't think of the TK as tremendously fast rolling bwdik). The HR2 is also $ 100 tread so keep it as a front tire for when the other HR2 wears out.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

banned
    Sep 2010
    Excellent review, Blatant. As to the lighter wheels, have you considered Spinergy? I am a longtime fan of those wheels....I own 4 sets, in fact. I've only had to true a single Xyclone disc wheel out of the four sets I own, and that was following the bike leaving the bed of my friend's pickup truck on I8 at 70 mph. It didn't completely leave, but the weight of the entire bike, and of my friend's bike, too, was on that wheel for the time it took him to make an emergency stop on the shoulder.

I mention that incident by way of providing an example of these wheels' reliability in my experience: in over 10,000 cumulative trail-miles on these wheels, (mostly 3 wheelsets, the 26er ones), that's really all I needed to do in the way of truing.

Now, I am far from a cutting-edge, push-the-envelope kind of rider, but I have been riding trails for well over 20 years.

I've been contemplating a 650b FS bike, and the Bronson was one of the ones that caught my eye. Thanks again for managing to cover almost all of the bases on the Bronson in just 2 ride reviews...

Always in the wrong gear
    That looks like the one I looked at last week at Sunday Cycles. Really nice looking bike and thanks for the write-up. I'm currently saving for either a Bronson or a Solo. The only thing holding me back is that I have yet to hear any reviews for the Solo and I'm not sure I need 150mm of travel. I know more is usually better, but i'm coming from a SS HT 29er into a whole different world of FS 650b. I want to know more before I drop $3500 on a new bike.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Found a link to an old video of my group riding National. This gives those outside AZ an idea of our conditions. Waterfall fun starts around 1:30.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Lee: Thanks for the insight. Not sure I trust an Ardent rear in our terrain. I absolutely LOVE the Trail King on the rear of my El Guapo; anxious to try it in 27.5 when released.

As for wheels, I need to be careful with my choices. I want them to be lighter, but don't want to sacrifice durability.

Coondog: That's the one.

D_K
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I own a Bronson C and have had the same impressions as you. Mine is currently running a set of Nobby Nics and I ride it in a glacial drift region, i.e. lots and lots of rocks and roots, insane amounts of in-your-face-foliage, and a stupid number of steep short hills. It definitely isn't magical going up but it is very planted. Although every so often I do get a feeling that the rear is bogging down in its travel, so I may have some more tuning to do. Going down though I have already almost taken out a few trees because I was carrying way too much speed. I also noticed that it definitely likes being off the ground. My first time out I made the mistake of ramping off a larger boulder on the way down, thinking that the pig would want to stay grounded.... yeah, not so much. I have a feeling that I'm eventually going to land up in a tree at this rate.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Cool write up Blatant, I feel the same way on the TK rear (won't be changing) and can't wait for the 650b. Check out the Michelin's, the Grip'r is a good value compared to an HD or HR2

mtbr member
    Awesome write up Blatant.
    I do have a question. Do you think, when they are in the stores and have a demo. Can you or would you take a Solo and compare it to the Bronson? I am at the same hold up as Coondog is. The Solo orange color really has my attention, the 125mm travel is 5mm more than my Rumblefish but I am looking for something more down the line of DH/AM stuff. I don't really want to push a 40+ lb bike up a mountain to just ride down it. I ride White Tanks a lot due to living 15 mins from it. So I mostly ride everything up than down. I was looking into a DH bike (Kona Operator) but If I can find something that can climb and do some good DH runs I would be more than happy. Seems the Bronson is fitting the picture better
    Too Many .

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Hey, man. DH bikes are good for one thing only: Being shuttled.

Honestly, its unlikely I'd ever demo a Solo. However, if you decide to demo one and want to check it against the Bronson, I'd be happy to do a ride or something if that'll help you out.

I've done zero research on the Solo so take that into consideration, but if you're looking for an all-mountain bike, I imagine the Bronson would be the one. I'm sure Santa Cruz is marketing the Solo as more of an XC/Trail bike to avoid overlap.

mtbr member
    Hey, man. DH bikes are good for one thing only: Being shuttled.

Honestly, its unlikely I'd ever demo a Solo. However, if you decide to demo one and want to check it against the Bronson, I'd be happy to do a ride or something if that'll help you out.

I've done zero research on the Solo so take that into consideration, but if you're looking for an all-mountain bike, I imagine the Bronson would be the one. I'm sure Santa Cruz is marketing the Solo as more of an XC/Trail bike to avoid overlap.
    Thanks for the info and reply.
    It seems the Bronson may be the bike. The Solo only offers 5mm more travel over what I ride now. I think I am just manily wanting the Solo for the orange frame now. lol

I may take you up on that offer if a Solo does hit a LBS for a Demo.

Thanks.
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Blatant I also own a Bronson. I bought the carbon and boy am I glad I did after reading your write up. I also am from the Phoenix area. I ride National Javalina and Mormon three or four days a week. I've been running the ardents on National for about a month now and they seem to be holding up pretty good so far. Just like you I don't feel the wheels are doing the bike any justice. I've decided to go with the I9 with enve wheels. Mines sitting at just over 28lbs so far. I'm hoping to be about 27 plus with the I9 wheels and the one by eleven I have planned next. Maybe I'll see you out on National sometime. My bike loves that trail.

mtbr member
    One more voice to encourage you to change out those tires if you feel like the bike is sluggish. Mine (Bronson carbon w/SPX 2x10 kit) came with HRII EXOs in 2.4" width, and they are monsters. Swapping the rear to a Nobby Nic really lightened up the feel, both due to weight and to reduced rolling resistance. I have a Hans Dampf on order that I'll put in the front. If the bike feels sluggish, try some different rubber.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    BTW when I rode the Firebird 27.5 and Mach 5.7 (in 26") on SoMo we rode Hans Dampfs on the Firebird front and rear. They were fine in straightaways but a bit sloppy on the corners.

The Mach 5.7 had a Nevegal front which was flat out terrible. With a 2.4 Ardent dh tire it ran much better.

Again, you're the local though and tires are very much individual rider preference but I could not imagine a HR2 on the rear not feeling slow.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

~~~~~~~~
    What I did notice is the Bronson gains velocity at an incredible rate. This is something I typically associate with downhill bikes, but the Bronson has this in spades. I can't explain it, but this bike will get you in over your head quickly if you're not paying attention as it relates to speed. I love it, but it's something to be cognizant of.
    Great write up and this is one thing I noticed too with 27.5, I've never ridden a 29er.

I was really amazed with how well my Burner climbed but it may have been because I've never ridden a dw link bike before.

Your HR2's have a TR on the sidewall? I'm confused by this whole TR thing, are my non TR ones going to melt with sealant? They don't list a TR 2.4 either.

mtbr member
    my Bronson has High Roller II 2.4 and they do not have TR on the side wall but mine are set up tubeless. I've been riding them that way for about 4 weeks with no issues...

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by jgutz71 View Post
    my Bronson has High Roller II 2.4 and they do not have TR on the side wall but mine are set up tubeless. I've been riding them that way for about 4 weeks with no issues...
    Thanks, thats what I need to hear.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Mine do have TR on the side. That said, you should have no issues sealing most Maxxis tires tubeless.