650B Picture Thread

Printable View

  • 11-03-2014
    Speedemon
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 936272

    My Ibis 27.5 HDR, W Derby hoops....
  • 11-03-2014
    MMcG
    Wow - that front wheel/tire combo looks massive!
  • 11-03-2014
    Speedemon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    Wow - that front wheel/tire combo looks massive!

    Lol, couldn't agree more...i just installed those last week; that was my exact reaction as well. It almost looks like fat bike tires. It rolls great up and down so far.
  • 11-03-2014
    doismellbacon
    2 Attachment(s)
    Here's mine. Fun rig, no? Especially in wide carbon mode! :thumbsup:

    We may be the last two guys in existence on this kind of bike with a traditional seatpost...LOL

    After a few months I'm feeling like I've gotten mine pretty well dialed. Austin riders will recognize that spot in the first pic.
  • 11-03-2014
    Speedemon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Here's mine. Fun rig, no? Especially in wide carbon mode! :thumbsup:

    We may be the last two guys in existence on this kind of bike with a traditional seatpost...LOL

    After a few months I'm feeling like I've gotten mine pretty well dialed. Austin riders will recognize that spot in the first pic.


    cracking up right now. My buddies give me so much crap that I won't / haven't gone with a seat dropper. Boy, you weren't kidding, our bikes are identical.

    Which rear shock are you running. I was thinking about going to the Rochshox Monarch RT3, because i didn't think I could run the RC3, is that what you're running? I currently have the Fox Float CTD , but have blown it out 2xs & rebuilt, not functioning properly now, again.

    Please let me know what your currently running and if you like it.

    Best,
    Chris
  • 11-03-2014
    Evonavich
    Re: 650B Picture Thread
    Got to borrow this for the day!



  • 11-03-2014
    doismellbacon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Speedemon View Post
    cracking up right now. My buddies give me so much crap that I won't / haven't gone with a seat dropper. Boy, you weren't kidding, our bikes are identical.

    Which rear shock are you running. I was thinking about going to the Rochshox Monarch RT3, because i didn't think I could run the RC3, is that what you're running? I currently have the Fox Float CTD , but have blown it out 2xs & rebuilt, not functioning properly now, again.

    Please let me know what your currently running and if you like it.

    Best,
    Chris

    Funny, mine gave me crap when I did get one....but that was a flaky early Crank Bros I got cheap a couple years ago pitched shortly thereafter....just haven't gotten back around to it since I ride for fun (with a bunch 'o smokers) so it's not a big deal to stop for 30 secs before the fun stretches of trail and adjust seat height...but mostly I just roll with a kind of neutral mid-height that pedals well enough and tell myself "Lay off the brakes and it'll all work out fine" when the going gets hairy. I'm going to grab a Thomson Covert one of these days and do the Graves Mod on one of the several XT front shifters I have kicking around.

    It's pretty easy to do better than the Float. Mine is a couple year old Monarch Plus, MM tune, originally run on another MojoHD. I really like it. It's the only shock I've run on this frame, but I've been through a couple Floats, one of which was push tuned, and a push tuned Monarch AM on previous Mojos. This Monarch Plus is the best of the bunch. Ibis recommends the LM tune (Light Comp damping, Medium rebound), I believe, on the Monarch Plus, but I would not want lighter LSC than how this shock is setup. This doesn't surprise me because Ibis seems to default to lighter compression than what I like for our local ledge drops and rocky tech climbs...

    As excellent as I think the M+ is, I might have tried a CCDB inline or X-Fusion Vector Air based on all the positive press on those, but I'd already blown the budget...and I have zero complaints on this shock.

    Ooops...remembering what thread this is... sorry for the hijack! We can always "take this outside".
  • 11-03-2014
    ThomasF
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Evonavich View Post
    Got to borrow this for the day!




    nice slash 8. looks a little clean after that ride hahaha. hope you put it through its paces and had fun with it.
  • 11-13-2014
    DeArman
    Built this up about 2 months ago. Have a Chromag TrailMaster saddle on it now and ordered an M986 XTR derailleur for it this week also :) As it sits right now it's at 27.xx pounds. Can't remember the finer numbers, but I believe it was getting near 28 pounds





  • 11-13-2014
    Speedemon
    Sic! Beautiful set-up, nice work!
  • 11-14-2014
    DeArman
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Speedemon View Post
    Sic! Beautiful set-up, nice work!

    Thanks man!
  • 11-14-2014
    BMC FS
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just switched from riding many different FS bikes since '08 to a carbon hardtail. Absolutely loving the instant responsiveness this bike has on the trails. IMO it makes biking feel alive again and not feel like I'm wrestling and old Mare. There is no getting lazy or you will be punished.
    Attachment 938916
  • 11-14-2014
    NWAtrailyguy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BMC FS View Post
    Just switched from riding many different FS bikes since '08 to a carbon hardtail. Absolutely loving the instant responsiveness this bike has on the trails. IMO it makes biking feel alive again and not feel like I'm wrestling and old Mare. There is no getting lazy or you will be punished.
    Attachment 938916

    Nice looking bike man! Looks tough. I like the smattering of white.
  • 11-15-2014
    jon123
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Ibis HDR 650B, recently converted from 26. I don't know who came up with this wheel size (Kirk Pacenti?) but thank you! Incredible.
  • 11-15-2014
    Seventh-777
    From my ride this morning, on an old highway overpass that connects two sides of a state park.

  • 11-15-2014
    Cyrusl
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 939196
    This is my 27.5 merida
    Hi guys
  • 11-15-2014
    perbl
    A couple of x-posts of my Santa Cruz Nomad:

    In daylight


    And in the evening
  • 11-18-2014
    Botman
    Just got my first nice bike back in Aug, 2014 Scott Genius 740 its been a great bike so far.
    Scott Genius 740 by ssanders7390, on Flickr
  • 11-18-2014
    M1_joel
    just got back from the bike shop that built it up from parts I have been collecting. Pretty stoked!

  • 11-19-2014
    MMcG
    cool bike/work stand!!!
  • 11-19-2014
    2w4s
    that is a cool bike and workstand, Where'd you get it? the stand, not the bike, thx
  • 11-19-2014
    UPSed
    Re: 650B Picture Thread
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    that is a cool bike and workstand, Where'd you get it? the stand, not the bike, thx

    http://scorpionbikestands.com/?gclid...apZxoCrUnw_wcB
  • 11-19-2014
    techt
    :thumbsup:
  • 09-26-2015
    chrislang
    Sharing my Pitch Sport






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-04-2015
    misterdangerpants


    Frame: Tomii Cycles #33
    Fork: ENVE Composites MTN
    Wheels: Chris King hubs, Sapim CX-Ray spokes, ENVE Composites AM rims.
    Skewer (rear): Paul Components
    Tires: Continental Trail King, 27.5x2.4
    Pedals: Shimano XTR, PD-M970
    Crank: Shimano XTR Trail, FC-M9020-1
    Chainring: Wolftooth Components Drop-Stop, 32T
    Chain: SRAM
    Rear Cog: Chris King 16T
    Bottom Bracket: Chris King ThreadFit 24
    Handlebars: ENVE Sweep
    Levers: Paul Components Love Lever Compact
    Grips: ODI Lock-On
    Stem: Thomson X4
    Headset: Chris King Inset 7
    Brakes: TRP Spyke
    Saddle: Selle Italia Kit Carbonia Flow
    Seat Post: Paul Components Tall & Handsome
    Seat Post Clamp: Thomson
    Water Bottle Cages: King Cage titanium
    Misc.: Garmin Edge 25 w/Barfly mount, Knog Binder light, SpurCycle bell
  • 10-14-2015
    geekonabike
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by misterdangerpants View Post


    Frame: Tomii Cycles #33
    Fork: ENVE Composites MTN
    Wheels: Chris King hubs, Sapim CX-Ray spokes, ENVE Composites AM rims.
    Skewer (rear): Paul Components
    Tires: Continental Trail King, 27.5x2.4
    Pedals: Shimano XTR, PD-M970
    Crank: Shimano XTR Trail, FC-M9020-1
    Chainring: Wolftooth Components Drop-Stop, 32T
    Chain: SRAM
    Rear Cog: Chris King 16T
    Bottom Bracket: Chris King ThreadFit 24
    Handlebars: ENVE Sweep
    Levers: Paul Components Love Lever Compact
    Grips: ODI Lock-On
    Stem: Thomson X4
    Headset: Chris King Inset 7
    Brakes: TRP Spyke
    Saddle: Selle Italia Kit Carbonia Flow
    Seat Post: Paul Components Tall & Handsome
    Seat Post Clamp: Thomson
    Water Bottle Cages: King Cage titanium
    Misc.: Garmin Edge 25 w/Barfly mount, Knog Binder light, SpurCycle bell

    Sweet!

    Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk
  • 10-19-2015
    Aimant
    1 Attachment(s)
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.8 27.5
    Frame size 18.5
    Pike 150mm (upgrade)
    Fox DRCV/Reaktiv shock
    Drivetrain XT M8000 1x11 (upgrade)
    Bashguard Blackspire Bruiser Beavertail 1X (upgrade)
    Brakes XT M8000 (upgrade)
    Rotors 180mm F/R
    Race Face SixC 785mm (upgrade)
    Renthal Apex 50mm (upgrade)
    Seatpost Reverb 125mm
    Tires, tubeless: Continental MK 2.4 rear/ Bontrager XR4 Team Issue 2.35 front
    Weight: 12.5kg
  • 11-23-2015
    smithe68
    1 Attachment(s)
    My '16 Norco Fluid 7.2, all stock for the moment...