Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

650B Picture Thread

549K views 2K replies 580 participants last post by  NordieBoy 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if we have a thread that's been buried, but let's see everyone's 650B bikes

I'll start with this one:

See less See more
#1,004 ·
Ibis Mojo SL converted to 650B using Stan's Flow EX wheelset and Pacenti Neo Moto 2.1's. I reduced the rear travel using the guidance found here in this forum. It rails!

View attachment 782427
That Ibis is a real piece of ***!

Real piece of art, that is. I just love the look of those frames. Nice ride! I am very envious.

#1,017 ·
Lightweight, all rigid Reynolds 853, XX1 build

Here is how she stands right now - 17.8 lbs. Trying to keep it under 20 lbs although it will be hard to hit that mark. Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

#1,018 ·
Bicycle Wheel Tire Jeans Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

This is the Moots YBB 27.5 that I rode this weekend on a Moots test ride day in Austin. It was my first time ever riding a 27.5 and I am hooked. I have been on 26" bikes since the early 90s. I have ridden a few 29r bikes, but never fully loved the experience. I like riding tighter, twisty trails so those felt too big for me personally (5'9"). With the Moots test ride day, I first did a ride on a 29" YBB and it was pretty much inline with my previous experiences on 29". It was my first ride ever on a YBB, so that was cool. Getting on the 27.5" size felt so amazing. I figured 27.5" would be the thing for me, but this confirmed it.

#1,019 ·
View attachment 784283

This is the Moots YBB 27.5 that I rode this weekend on a Moots test ride day in Austin. It was my first time ever riding a 27.5 and I am hooked. I have been on 26" bikes since the early 90s. I have ridden a few 29r bikes, but never fully loved the experience. I like riding tighter, twisty trails so those felt too big for me personally (5'9"). With the Moots test ride day, I first did a ride on a 29" YBB and it was pretty much inline with my previous experiences on 29". It was my first ride ever on a YBB, so that was cool. Getting on the 27.5" size felt so amazing. I figured 27.5" would be the thing for me, but this confirmed it.
What wheels are they using? They look a lot like Mavics

#1,021 ·
Here's my 2007 Cannondale Rush with Stan's Flow EX Rims and Racing Ralph 2.25 tires.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

Picture doesn't do the rear tire clearance justice. I was worried about the front derailleur rubbing the tires, but it seems fine.

White Bicycle accessory Black Bicycle part Synthetic rubber

Still another few weeks before the trails defrost here in MN so don't know yet how different the ride will be.

#1,024 ·
View attachment 785710

Photo of one of the first rides of the 140mm travel 6590b Ti/Carbon. Whilst the rest of Ireland and the UK was under a blanket of Spring Snow we found sunshine and a chilled Atlantic breeze in Oughterard, County Gallway, Ireland.

Kingdom Bike
That's a lovely bike right there. What is the weight? So these are pretty much custom builds like lets say Ventana for instance?

#1,026 ·
Thanks. The weight is 29lbs with pedals and normal seatpost. In this pic its a little heavier with the Reverb.

The Hex is standard issue frame so we could keep the cost down, but we will also make individual cusomizations for riders who want to adjust geo and spec to suit.

The version in the picture is actually the proto with the straight top tube, the production runs will have more curve in the top tube area...It's also a bit lighter as we shaved some weight in the shock mounts area...

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle frame

#1,036 ·
Modernape, what happened to the Brigante CRB? I thought the idea of a 23lb 140mm 29er with short stays sounded pretty awesome. Especially if were priced the same as titanium and even better if had swap dropouts to run 650b.

#1,037 ·
It stalled, we had some issues with the quality that the factory could deliver and so they decided that we wouldn't produce enough volume production of this type of frame and we parted company.

We've found a new supplier and they're making our carbon links for the Hex it's a better relationship and hopefully we will revive the Carbon Brigante with them later this year.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.