Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24

    27.5 bike frame that will fit 2.6 tire

    Hello all,
    I am looking for a list of 27.5 bikes that will accommodate the 2.6 tire width. Pardon me if I missed a past post discussing the same topic. Thank you for all the great information. You all have been a terrific resource.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,164
    My Yeti SB5 V1 fits a Rocket Ron 2.6" 35mm id rims on the back and my wife's V2 fits it even more easily on 29mm id rims. I expect I could get a 2.8" on hers, assuming dry conditions.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    104
    the guerrilla gravity shredog accommodates a 2.6 wide tires with 145mm rear travel.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24
    Thanks for the feedback. I checked out a few other threads but did't see anything specific to this topic. Is is uncommon to have a max tire width named? As you may suspect, I am looking for a 27.5 that will meet this criteria.

  5. #5
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I checked out a few other threads but did't see anything specific to this topic. Is is uncommon to have a max tire width named? As you may suspect, I am looking for a 27.5 that will meet this criteria.
    Max tire width? Do you mean volume 2.6, for example? or at the bead? If you're talking clearance between the stays, then 100% of 27.5" bikes will accommodate 26" wheels and tires. It just depends on the volume and how much clearance you're looking for.

    Tell us what your goal or intended use is and we may be able to provide better answers.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    Max tire width? Do you mean volume 2.6, for example? or at the bead? If you're talking clearance between the stays, then 100% of 27.5" bikes will accommodate 26" wheels and tires. It just depends on the volume and how much clearance you're looking for.

    Tell us what your goal or intended use is and we may be able to provide better answers.
    I think he just wants to know if tires that are labelled 27.5x2.6, will fit, not if 26" tires would.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    190
    Devinci Django 27.5

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    384
    Ibis Mojo 3 27.5 from 2.35 to 2.8" Width. Mojo HD3 & HD4. Santa Cruz 5010 V2, I think someone have ran the Maxxis Rekon 2.6". I squeeze a schwalbe rocket ron to the Giant Anthem Advanced on a 35mm IW rims. 2017-2018 Giant Tranced
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

  9. #9
    Keep on Rockin...
    Reputation: Miker J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4,664
    Knolly's Endo fits the new 2.6" tires. They list 2.5" as max, but the 2.6" Forkaster fits fine with 35i rims.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    514
    Pivot Mach 5.5 comes standard with 2.6 tires so I imagine they'd fit on that bike.
    You can't buy happiness. But you can buy a bike. And that's pretty close.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    458
    Alu 27.5 Norco Sight here with 2.6 clearance. Best to dish the rim over just a little to non-drive side.

    Prob worth keeping in mind that Norco are one brand that alters chainstay length with frame size.

  12. #12
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,683
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    I think he just wants to know if tires that are labelled 27.5x2.6, will fit, not if 26" tires would.
    D'oh! Thanks.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33
    Yes the Pivot Mach 5.5 fits 27.5 x 2.6 tires!


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Hello all,
    I am looking for a list of 27.5 bikes that will accommodate the 2.6 tire width. Pardon me if I missed a past post discussing the same topic. Thank you for all the great information. You all have been a terrific resource.
    As long as the bike is Boost Spec, meaning the hubs are 10mm wider than standard, the frame and fork will hold a 2.6. It ill also fit a 29er so long as you keep the tire size smaller than 2.25.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    24
    Msu alum: that is exactly what I am looking for.
    Zacklawhon: Perhaps I should have phrased my questions by asking for the bikes that are boost spec if that is what is needed for the wider tire.
    Thanks for all who contributed. 2.6 is great and 2.8 is better! Id like to avoid the premium cost on the boost bikes may if the frame can handle it the width.
    I am a weekend warrior kind of rider. I guess I should brush up on the proper technical terms.
    At any rate, great feedback. The 5010 sounds like it could fit the bill and is available locally. The Pivot is gorgeous but more than I need and out of my budget. Keep-em coming and thanks again!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Msu alum: that is exactly what I am looking for.
    Zacklawhon: Perhaps I should have phrased my questions by asking for the bikes that are boost spec if that is what is needed for the wider tire.
    Thanks for all who contributed. 2.6 is great and 2.8 is better! Id like to avoid the premium cost on the boost bikes may if the frame can handle it the width.
    I am a weekend warrior kind of rider. I guess I should brush up on the proper technical terms.
    At any rate, great feedback. The 5010 sounds like it could fit the bill and is available locally. The Pivot is gorgeous but more than I need and out of my budget. Keep-em coming and thanks again!
    the guerrilla gravity Shred dogg can actually go up to 2.8's. I was mistaken before with the 2.6 width, that was for the megatrail which is 150/165mm rear travel.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    At any rate, great feedback. The 5010 sounds like it could fit the bill and is available locally.
    Max tire size on the 5010 is 2.5 according to the SC website. I had one and the 2.5 WTB Breakout was a tight fit.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    47
    Good info here. Not all boost frames will fit 2.6s so model specific to info is helpful.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15
    2016 Cannondale Habit SE. 2.6 Swchalbe Rocket Ron on Stan's Notubes Flows MK3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27.5 bike frame that will fit 2.6 tire-20170715_091556.jpg  

    27.5 bike frame that will fit 2.6 tire-20170520_124724.jpg  

    27.5 bike frame that will fit 2.6 tire-20170520_124714.jpg  


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 10:20 AM
  2. Is Road bike fit the same for MTN bike fit??
    By !TREK4ME! in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 12:58 AM
  3. Tall hardtail frame that will fit a 2.5" tire
    By Sasquatch1413 in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
  4. Tall hardtail frame that will fit a 2.5" tire
    By Sasquatch1413 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 06:35 PM
  5. I need a little tire help, tire fit
    By jormar23 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 05:10 AM

Members who have read this thread: 104

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •