Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Genius 700 — not LT. Build kit was the Premium. My friend was riding the LT. He seemed to climb just fine on it (his usual ride on this trail is a SC Highball and he's an XC skinny fast guy.) He descended pretty well too, but the trail (Tamarancho in Fairfax, CA for those from the Bay Area) doesn't offer anything in the way of terrain where having 170 over 150 is going to make a difference. If anything, you might be slower. Overall, I was a little faster descending on the non-LT. He was faster in a few spots.

Anyway, I unfortunately don't have a chance to demo the Troy on any of my current local rides. If I take a trip back up to Portland, then I can demo on some old favorites. Really just have a Sight and 5010 left to try out before I make a decision.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsaam View Post
    It means that the Troy is a very pedaling efficient falling rate suspension. Because there are no spikes it means that it is linear in its travel. It will also give you an idea that if you decrease your chainring size that it will have different affects on how it pulls the rear wheel back towards the center of the bike. Here are a couple of sites that explain the theories behind rear suspension.
    Buyer's guide to mountain bike suspension, part 1 - BikeRadar
    Buyer's guide to mountain bike suspension, part 2 - BikeRadar

Good to know, thanks!

On another note, anyone else think it would be cool to get chainsaw massacre stickers to replace the Troy stickers on the rear? Has anyone done this or know where to start?
    2014 Devinci Troy quick review-chnsw.jpg2014 Devinci Troy quick review-msscr.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    That'd be a custom job for sure. Maybe if you contact Devinci directly

mtbr member
    I am sure it would be pretty easy. Just find a company who makes vinyl decals. I thought about it and named mine after that bike.

Brett
    Visit my Youtube channel for lots of DH and XC videos!
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If you wanted to design it yourself, a good start for the font would be Eurostile. It's not exact, but there are literally thousands of fonts for each basic style. Trying to find the exact one could drive you crazy. A little tweaking will nearly get you there

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I have a Die Cut sticker machine and this would be pretty easy to do. The only problem is that you would need a sticker to cover the Troy text. One option would be to find a sticker that has a similar carbon weave pattern and then put the Chainsaw Massacre sticker over top. I can try it out once I get my Troy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thevarmet View Post
    I have a Die Cut sticker machine and this would be pretty easy to do. The only problem is that you would need a sticker to cover the Troy text. One option would be to find a sticker that has a similar carbon weave pattern and then put the Chainsaw Massacre sticker over top. I can try it out once I get my Troy.
    Yeah I didn't realize the Troy graphic was under a clear coat. Hmm...let us know how you make out!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Here's an outside the box thought. Look on amazon for carbon fiber iPhone skins. That'll stick right over the "Troy" and put whatever you want over top.

mtbr member
    Got word that my XP should ship out on Monday. I'm excited since its been 5 weeks already.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Carbon xp or alloy? My carbon xp has been about 3 weeks. Anyone seeing the green carbons showing up yet?

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
    2014 Devinci Carbon Troy Xp
    2015 Mongoose Vinson Fat bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    In looking closer at the "Troy" writing, the carbon weave has faded at that point and it's actually solid black. Might be easier for putting the new writing over top and having it look seamless.

I was watching the Air DH and I was thinking how impressive it was that Stevie Smith won that on a bike that is effectively single pivot. Just a random thought, but a pretty cool one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aarontriton View Post
    Carbon xp or alloy? My carbon xp has been about 3 weeks. Anyone seeing the green carbons showing up yet?

Alloy. Couldnt justify spending 500-600 more for less than a 1/2 lbs. I can lose 30-40x that on myself for free.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    For me it was a toss up the half pound was not the deciding factor stiffness and internal cable and the kashima fox ctd was what made me spend the extra 5 bills

mtbr member
    For me it was a toss up the half pound was not the deciding factor stiffness and internal cable and the kashima fox ctd was what made me spend the extra 5 bills

All those benefits are nice but its amateur hour when i ride. Hahaha I just wanted a nice upgrade from the P.O.S. '08 Fuel EX8 i'm currently hoping doesnt fall apart from under me. The alloy is 10x more of an upgrade and 2x more than i wanted to spend. Carbon is overkill, too much flash and a waste of money for me. Also, i dont think Bootleg Canyon is too friendly to carbon. The DH trails are starting to intrigue me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Anyone waiting on the green might want to check out Fanatikbike's Facebook page. They have several more shots of the new frame than Devinci's website. Looks gorgeous.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Dumb question why do you have your monarch plus mounted upside down? Looks like the rear brake hose is in the way of the compression nob.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    Anyone waiting on the green might want to check out Fanatikbike's Facebook page. They have several more shots of the new frame than Devinci's website. Looks gorgeous.
    Thanks for the heads up . I received word from Devinci yesterday my bike is in and ready to ship.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i'll try to take a shot of the RR freshly builded one here for you guys.

Having that thing in the office, makes me swear about that damn snow that is not melting down.... oO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pixt3r View Post
    i'll try to take a shot of the RR freshly builded one here for you guys.

Having that thing in the office, makes me swear about that damn snow that is not melting down.... oO.
    I have the same thing going here. I'm just staring at it in my basement. Not much snow, but every time it's close to drying out, it rains again! Grrr

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    quick shots of the RR version.

2014 Devinci Troy quick review-img_3384.jpg2014 Devinci Troy quick review-img_3385.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    What size?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pixt3r View Post
    quick shots of the RR version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3384.jpg 
Views:	1723 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	878175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3385.jpg 
Views:	5101 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	878176
    That looks sweet! mine should be here end of week or early next week.

mtbr member
    Oh wow man, that shiz looks real nice. I gotta get moving!
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    SWEET! Looks awesome...waiting for mine as well, new color is amazing!
    ENJOY!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Niiiiiiice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ya, mine should be on the way soon. Just dropped off my I9 hubs to be re-laced to 650b flows so I am ready to go when it arrives.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Just ordered my carbon Troy with the XP build. Hopefully will have it next week. Looking to go 1x with the Wolf cassette. Thread has been super helpful, can't wait to get the new ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice I have the same bike coming. Thinking going single on mine also.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Go for it. I'm on a 32t N/W raceface and it's been great. Cheap way to save 0.9 lbs( I weighed everything that got taken off by going one by after the fact). 380 g to be precise.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Tokarsky. Did you do a one up or wolf tooth conversion? Or stay with the standard 36 in the back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I'm still on the stock 11-36 cassette. It has been fine so far. The only time I was wishing for a bailout gear was my last ride where it began with 2000 feet of steep fire road climbing. Even then, it was just telling me I needed to be in better shape.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm still on the stock 11-36 cassette. It has been fine so far. The only time I was wishing for a bailout gear was my last ride where it began with 2000 feet of steep fire road climbing. Even then, it was just telling me I needed to be in better shape.
    Thanks I may try single ring front . Like you said it will inspire me to get in better shape

mtbr member
    I am using the 30t RF NW ring up front and I really like it on the standard cassette. Only thing I need to do is get a mid or short cage derailleur.

The new green color scheme looks great!

-Brett
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    So if i go with a narrow wide 30-32 is there any thing else i need . I am getting the xp build on the carbon frame do i just get the narrow wide front ring and i am good to go?

mtbr member
    So if i go with a narrow wide 30-32 is there any thing else i need . I am getting the xp build on the carbon frame do i just get the narrow wide front ring and i am good to go?
    Only "need" the chainring. a mid/short derailleur is optimal but not necessary. also take a link or two out of your chain to get rid of some slack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Great thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    The 32t seems fine to me, but everyone's different. I'm stubborn, and I won't admit defeat, so I'm sticking with it until my physical fitness catches up with it for even the toughest climbs. A 40t rear cog does seem a bit tempting.
    Last edited by tokarsky268; 03-21-2014 at 07:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have been looking at the 40 & 42 options waiting to see how real world longevity and shift performance . So far its hit and miss from what I have read.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Another great ride on the Troy today. Amazingly enough, it wasn't a muddy mess. I thought I was going up a blue, but it ended up being a black diamond. Realizing that after the fact made me feel a lot better about not having the skills to crawl up the rooty mess. It was impressive how well it maintained traction in descend without any discernible bob. Flew downhill. The bike wanted to go go go. Unfortunately the inept guy riding it was feathering the brakes the whole way down( I'm getting better slowly but surely). I really am dying for a dropper. What an awesome bike. Still need to tinker with the pressures in the front and rear, but overall they're great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    This is the bike I most want. Love to here ride impressions.

mtbr member
    What amazes me most is there is 18 pages in this thread and there are no reported frame issues such as breakage, tires rubbing on the seat tube, wide tires not fitting etc. What's even more amazing this is the first generation frame. I'm one of the lucky few that has had my frame since November riding it 2-3 times a week in mud and it still rides like the first day I bought it. Truly impressive to say the least.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Good point. That is really impressive. Just curious Gfreak, how long did it take for you to break in your fork/suspension? You swapped out the rp23 for a CCDBA, correct?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The 32t seems fine to me, but everyone's different. I'm stubborn, and I won't admit defeat, so I'm sticking with it until my physical fitness catches up with it for even the toughest climbs. A 40t rear cog does seem a bit tempting.
    Ok well i just ordered a Race face narrow wide 32 . I figured the worst is i would end up going with the wolf tooth or oneup conversion if need be.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Sounds like a plan. Anyone else feels like they're getting assaulted by the number of ads for the new Intense bike? Every forum page seemingly on every mtb website, there it is. I'm sure it's amazing, but geez louise.

mtbr member
    Good point. That is really impressive. Just curious Gfreak, how long did it take for you to break in your fork/suspension? You swapped out the rp23 for a CCDBA, correct?
    Hard to say for sure. The CCDB and Pike performance drops off as the weather gets colder - I got my bike in November when the weather was changing for the worse so it's hard for me to gauge if it was new seals or weather affecting the suspension. If I had to guess it took me about 10 rides or so for everything to break in.

Now that the weather is warm this bike rides so smooth.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Can anyone with the XP kit comment on the brakes? My bike will be in this week and I've been worrying about the Avids that come stock. Anyone upgraded? I've been thinking about picking up a set of XT's or SLX's. Also, what pedals did you guys go with?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    XPer here. As far as the brakes go, I think they're fine. This comment is basically useless as I'm coming from a 17 year old XC set up with Vbrakes. Of course they feel better than those. Ended up going with the XT trail pedals. Nice pedals so far. I wanted to get the Crank Bros Candy pedals, but I didn't want to take a chance given Crank Bros shoddy history with form over function.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Have not received my bike yet should see it tomorrow. But my previous bike a 2012 Giant trance had elixir 1 s and they were fine. I say replace when worn . I will probably ride mine this year and replace brakes and wheels next year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    those getting their bikes soon, I want to here lots of ride impressions

gravity fighter
    The Avids on my XP are working great and I'm a 6'1" 240 lb lardo that rides too slow downhill. I got the Fanatik brand platforms with mine ( from Fanatik bike here in Bellingham) and they're working fine. Next pedals will be wider though.

mtbr member
    Hey, anyone want to comment on the reliability/stiffness of these Jalco Rims and hub combinations coming stock? Just curious if anyone has had any issues.
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    None from me, but I think Brett has had the XP build the longest.

mtbr member
    Man, that green looks really good!

2014 Devinci Troy quick review-photo-28-.jpg
    Best Source for Ibis, Devinci, and Ventana!
    Velorangutan... the pedal type.
    Motorangutan... the motorized type.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'd like to see a pic of the green's top tube from above. I know it has new graphics, but no idea what they look like

mtbr member
    Here is mine.

It started out as the XP build kit but I swapped out a few things.

Upgrades include:
    Hope Tech M4 brakes
    Enve DH bar
    Hope stem and other bits
    Thomson Elite dropper
    Race Face Atlas cranks + RF 32/22 rings
    Wheels Mfg BB
    NSB hose guide

It's a fun little bike and seems to do everything quite well.
    >>-------------> (x)
    My flickr

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CBCNY View Post
    Can anyone with the XP kit comment on the brakes? My bike will be in this week and I've been worrying about the Avids that come stock. Anyone upgraded? I've been thinking about picking up a set of XT's or SLX's. Also, what pedals did you guys go with?
    I have elixir 3 on another bike and they are pretty good. Were noisy at first. worked much better/quieter after bleeding. They seemed to not be quite right on the factory bleed. maybe things are better now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    [QUOTE=Nechako;11090370]Here is mine.

Looks great. I wish the carbons had a little more color on the side of the frame. all look really nice though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Bikemag did a redo on the Trek Remedy youtube review because they said they got the sizing wrong, and they felt like their comments might make people reconsider buying the bike. With all the sizing comments about the Troy, I wonder why they didn't redo that review. I wonder whether higher ups at Trek had something to do with this. It would make sense why they wouldn't do the same for a smaller company like Devinci when they dwelled on the sizing issue much more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Hey, anyone want to comment on the reliability/stiffness of these Jalco Rims and hub combinations coming stock? Just curious if anyone has had any issues.
    Bump...i'm curious as well, maybe because i'm half looking for an excuse to throw these on there: Race Face but if the Jalco's hold up then not. Also having a hard time finding the Jalco's specs, maybe I missed them somewhere here?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Brett weighed them and posted it a few pages back. Around 1900g if I'm not mistaken.

mtbr member
    Bike mag redo seemed a little suspicious on the Trek. Trek is a major advertiser The medium Devinci I rode seemed to fit me fine. I'm 5'9". It had a 90 stem I would probably change to a 50. Nice bike up and down. Trying to justify the $$$ for a new bike. Been demoing bikes.

mtbr member
    2014 Devinci Troy quick review-photo-25-.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I'd like to see a pic of the green's top tube from above. I know it has new graphics, but no idea what they look like
    Best Source for Ibis, Devinci, and Ventana!
    Velorangutan... the pedal type.
    Motorangutan... the motorized type.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thank you Velorangutan! I really appreciate that.

gravity fighter
    2014 Devinci Troy quick review-img_20140326_075323_434.jpg

Hop head's is too pretty. Here's mine covered in mud. Oh yeah!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorangutan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (25).jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	880074
    thats sharp. its not totally blacked out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hophead1 View Post
    Looks great. I wish the carbons had a little more color on the side of the frame. all look really nice though.
    Thanks. I had all the blue parts off of a previous build so the alu frame actually worked out quite well.

Non-drive side camera phone shot after a ride last week.

I've got 6 rides on it so far and can't wait for the rain to stop so the trails can dry out.
    >>-------------> (x)
    My flickr

gravity fighter
    Oops I was referring to Nechako's bike. Those blue pieces are VERY nice. Well done!

mtbr member
    Thanks.
    >>-------------> (x)
    My flickr

mtbr member
    Sorry, have not been on here in a few days... The stock Jalco rims and Formula hubs seem to be just fine. I have not had to do any truing work yet on them. I do notice some flex, but I think that is a given my dh bike has I9's on it. The hubs seem to be working their part as well, no issues with them as of yet and I have not touched them. I think for what they are, the wheelset is pretty good. That being said, I still do plan on upgrading the wheels and brakes though in the future.

On another note, I was having some issues with the rear Elixer brake being inconsistent. I used the quick bleed method that was posted on Pinkbike (found here), and it seemed to work very well. I plan on getting some Hope brakes as their replacement at some point. The M4s sound like they would be the ticket for this bike.

-Brett
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechako View Post
    Here is mine.
    It started out as the XP build kit but I swapped out a few things.

Upgrades include:
    Hope Tech M4 brakes
    Enve DH bar
    Hope stem and other bits
    Thomson Elite dropper
    Race Face Atlas cranks + RF 32/22 rings
    Wheels Mfg BB
    NSB hose guide

It's a fun little bike and seems to do everything quite well.
    Have you had much time on the Wheels MFG bottom bracket? The stock one is a bit creaky and was looking for good options. What do you think of it?

-Brett
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito View Post
    Oops I was referring to Nechako's bike. Those blue pieces are VERY nice. Well done!
    Lol. Its sweet, i was going to claim it as my own. don't have one…yet, but thinking about changing up the stable. too bad Asheville is 7 hours away.

mtbr member
    Hi Guys! Another hoping troy owner here! Just waiting for my lbs to get their shipment. Just wondering if anybody here have the green frame complete build, please share some pix.

Also, if anybody have the KS lev integra on their troy? How is it so far? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Congrats!

mtbr member
    So the new Stumpy drops, and I've been waiting to see it. The advertised weight is 28.4, aluminum with the dropper included. Add a dropper on the Carbon troy and you are clearly over 30 lbs right? Thats a LOT of weight guys! So, where's all this weight coming from besides the Pike? Am I missing something?Someone help me out as I am really on the fence right now as to which way to go. Of course there are MANY differences in these two bikes to be considered including fit and rear suspension designs. Still waiting on the geo charts well because I know there could be some major CS differences between the two. I am down to Troy and Stumpy. Sure, I'd love to get away from the big S and move to Devinci, but its gotta make sense!

BTW, I am coming off of a Stumpy FSR 29 so I know it's FSR feel very well. I love the bike, but hate the proprietary shock and Fox 32. Looking for smaller wheels and have fallen in love with the idea with the troy. Stumpy's usually have longer CS's so I am anticipating that being a major player in the decision as well.

I've got the green light to get a new ride, but god I am terrible at making decisions. Matt at BillyGoat bikes has been ridiculously helpful taking me through the troy but he's 6.5 hours away from me. I've been trying to find a weekend to make it out there as soon as I can.

Not looking to hijack, just need some of you guys with Troy's to give me the deal!
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    The weight is what it is. 6 lbs with shock really isn't that bad. For a carbon frame, its a tad heavy. I'd be interested to know how much the spec that that claimed weight is for costs. You can get the Troy rediculous light too, depending on the specs. Its an awesome bike. For what you get with the XP kit, you have a dead sexy, super capable 27.5 bike with the suspension that a lot of us would put together if we were building from scratch. I don't notice the weight. If it were 32 or 33 lbs, maybe. I'm at 29.2 with the XP set up 1x10 with no dropper, pedals included. For $3500 its a sick deal. It's an awesome bike. I'm sure the spesh would be great, but I see them all the time. 5 rides on my Troy, and I have seen another and get asked about it often. Either way you'll get a good bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carraig042 View Post
    Have you had much time on the Wheels MFG bottom bracket? The stock one is a bit creaky and was looking for good options. What do you think of it?

-Brett
    This is the one I installed.

Wheels Mfg BB86/92 Bottom Bracket w/Angular Contact Bearings for 24mm (Shimano) Cranks

I've only got three rides on it, but going by the build quality I think it will last quite a while. The housing is beautiful and it pressed in without a problem. It really does look like a high quality product.

BTW, if you have never had Hope brakes, I can highly recommend them. I've had a couple sets in the last few years and I've never found an issue with them at all. The lever feel is awesome and they are very adjustable. They have excellent modulation too.
    >>-------------> (x)
    My flickr

mtbr member
    I would second the comment above about Hope brakes as I have 5 sets. Although there are more powerful brakes on the market Hopes have the best modulation, maintenance free and have a high bling factor. The only problem with them is price. For instance XT brakes are half the price and work almost as well and lighter.

mtbr member
    So, I am headed for business to Ashland, OR next week and found a local dealer there...STOKED. He has one small troy in with a couple of the new ones set to get in Tuesday or Wednesday. Either way, this will be the first time I get my eyes on the frames. My gut says its gonna be enough to put me over the edge!

In addition, went to my suck A$$ local S dealer today to see if they had any additional information (geo charts) for the stumpy 650B and they didn't even know what the hell I was talking about. Unreal. One more reason to support a smaller BS who cares.
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    So, I am headed for business to Ashland, OR next week and found a local dealer there...STOKED. He has one small troy in with a couple of the new ones set to get in Tuesday or Wednesday. Either way, this will be the first time I get my eyes on the frames. My gut says its gonna be enough to put me over the edge!

In addition, went to my suck A$$ local S dealer today to see if they had any additional information (geo charts) for the stumpy 650B and they didn't even know what the hell I was talking about. Unreal. One more reason to support a smaller BS who cares.
    You're coming home with one. Book it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechako View Post
    This is the one I installed.

Wheels Mfg BB86/92 Bottom Bracket w/Angular Contact Bearings for 24mm (Shimano) Cranks

I've only got three rides on it, but going by the build quality I think it will last quite a while. The housing is beautiful and it pressed in without a problem. It really does look like a high quality product.

BTW, if you have never had Hope brakes, I can highly recommend them. I've had a couple sets in the last few years and I've never found an issue with them at all. The lever feel is awesome and they are very adjustable. They have excellent modulation too.
    Great, thanks! I have been running Hope V2s on my dh bike for a couple of years. I love them and don't mind paying the price for more, especially when I find them on sale.

Brett
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here are a few pics of mine. Only mods so far are a 34 RaceFace N/W and a 150mm reverb stealth. Also, plan to order some hope e4s from billy goat this friday. Big thanks to Matt and the guys at Billy Goat for getting this for me and getting it together. Great shop. Only had one short ride so far due to the rain this weekend, but it was awesome. Really looking forward to getting some time on this bike. Sorry for bad cell pics.

2014 Devinci Troy quick review-my-troy-3.jpg2014 Devinci Troy quick review-my-troy-4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Devinci Troy quick review-my-troy-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Off topic, jcovil, what bike rack are you using? Like the green, saw one at my LBS when I picked my aluminum XP up on Thursday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    more pics please

mtbr member
    A Canadian bikeshop has listed the geo for the sj 650b. 327mm bb height?

Name:  specialized-stumpjumper-fsr-expert-carbon-evo-650b-add.png
Views: 1453
Size:  35.0 KB

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 650b : DUNBAR CYCLES ONL...
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CBCNY View Post
    Off topic, jcovil, what bike rack are you using? Like the green, saw one at my LBS when I picked my aluminum XP up on Thursday.
    It's a Thule t2. Great rAck. Thanks. I'll try to get more pics soon.

mtbr member
    Serotta, thanks for posting that up. Those numbers from the most part seem pretty realistic but that is a REALLY low 12.8 in BBH. Lower than the Trance I rode last week and that felt low!

Jcovil, that bike looks sick man! I don't know how you stomached putting her out in the rain like that so quickly! LOL Give us some words once you've put some time in!
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Serotta, thanks for posting that up. Those numbers from the most part seem pretty realistic but that is a REALLY low 12.8 in BBH. Lower than the Trance I rode last week and that felt low!

Jcovil, that bike looks sick man! I don't know how you stomached putting her out in the rain like that so quickly! LOL Give us some words once you've put some time in!
    It was actually pouring snow in that pic lol and normally I wouldn't have but that was the day I got it. They just finished assembling it and I was too excited to wait till the next day lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcovil View Post
    It was actually pouring snow in that pic lol and normally I wouldn't have but that was the day I got it. They just finished assembling it and I was too excited to wait till the next day lol.
    Yes, indeed, I would have done the same damn thing. Did you right the Sight as well at Billy Goats? If so, what were your thoughts on where it fell short? Obviously you picked the troy for a reason I am guessing....
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    There's some great trails in Ashland right up the road from Lithia Park. Definitely get that Troy out on some to get a good feel for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yes, indeed, I would have done the same damn thing. Did you right the Sight as well at Billy Goats? If so, what were your thoughts on where it fell short? Obviously you picked the troy for a reason I am guessing....
    I personally didnt ride the sight, but a good friend of mine did and said that it felt great but didn't seem like it pedaled as good as the troy did. For me i just took their troy demo on a good test ride in Pisgah, and was sold from there on. I ended up being able to put in a 10 miler this afternoon at Bent Creek, and let me say that the troy is an awesome bike. Perfect for my location, and really can do it all. Really loving the bike and looking forward to many more miles. Anyone on the fence needs to just do it, you wont regret it. And i still plan to upgrade to hopes, but after burning in the elixir 3's properly, they feel great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Matt took me to Bent Creek as well. I'm not from the area, but it was a nice trail. A little bit of everything. I had the shock in descend the whole time without realizing it, but it was just that efficient. Just do it!

mtbr member
    Do you all think the Hope X2 would be enough brake for the bike, or when i eventually get some I should get the E4s?

Brett
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I had the x2s on my old stumpy. They were great however didnt have enough power and I was using 2 fingers for braking. However I am 200lbs. I switched to the m4 evo which are the same as the new E4s and they have plenty of power. One finger stops. The x2s are more xc oriented in my opinion.

mtbr member
    I always use 2 fingers anyways. I thought they may not be quite enough for this bike, but just wanted to check. (I do not know why I do, but I cant get comfortable with single finger braking. I will stop typing before making a finger joke...)

-Brett
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon
    2011 Spec Demo 8
    GoPro HD Hero

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Re: 2014 Devinci Troy quick review

Here she is. Got my new troy carbon xp build2014 Devinci Troy quick review-uploadfromtaptalk1396310961249.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Congrats. What a sweet ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks. We still have snow . So i rode it 10 miles on paved bike path. Feels good. It pedals nicely . I am coming off of 6 years of riding 2 different Giant trance's and this feels very efficient while pedaling and as far as size goes I am 5'11" and the large troy feels as big as both of the large Giant trance's I've owned. I am very impressed so far. The only bummer is the rear derailleur is defective. The good news is SRAM was out of the x 7 and is sending a x 9 to replace it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The only bummer is the rear derailleur is defective. The good news is SRAM was out of the x 7 and is sending a x 9 to replace it.
    I was thinking there was something wrong with that droopy chain

mtbr member
    visited a dealer here in Ashland last night to just check out the last Red Small C frame that they had built up, since it didn't look like their new frames would arrive before I head back home. Turns out his pallet of new Green frames arrived an hour before I got there and he's gonna have one unwrapped for me tonight to touch and feel. So stoked. The frame yesterday was a beauty!

I'll snap some pics
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Excited for you to check it out. Devinci knows how to do the aesthetics. That's for sure. Went for a fantastic ride today. I stuck to more intermediate trails today as opposed to my last couple of rides, which were super steep and gnarly in an effort to get better by going outside my comfort zone. The ride today was so sweet, and the Troy responded. It climbed so well! It climbed as well as I would expect it to, and I had the air pressures dropped and the shock in descend. Nice work Dave Weagle. Today was the first day that I got a taste of the plushness of the Pike. The last couple of rides have been fine, but I wouldn't say it shined. The difference was drops. I guess I haven't hit any with enough speed to appreciate the fork. The first drop I hit today, it seriously felt like I landed on a cloud. I never knew it could be that plush. I must have seemed like a totally idiot smiling that much. Positively amazing. I played around the with the settings when I was setting it up pre-ride. I dropped the air pressure and cranked up the rebound. Positively sweet combo. I'm kind of lost when it comes to fork set up, but I feel like I'm onto something here.

Have fun scoping out the new frame Chuch. Aaron, did you end up going 1 x 10?

Have a great one everybody. I'm on cloud nine with this flipping bike.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast