Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    I did at first when the chain was new, but now not so much. Once in a while it will come off, but it's good by me, I don't even notice any more. I'm staying 10 speed for quite a while...

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresab View Post
    I did at first when the chain was new, but now not so much. Once in a while it will come off, but it's good by me, I don't even notice any more. I'm staying 10 speed for quite a while...
    Good to know. I read all the way through the Sunrace wide range cassette thread and I've pretty much decided I'm going to go with the Sunrace CS3 11-42, XT M8000 RD, Race Face NW 32T and SRAM X1 chain. I'll probably keep my OEM Deore 10-speed shifter for now.

Bob

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SMUAlien View Post
    I rode a 2016 Repack today and liked it a ton. Was a Pro flavor and had a Pike on the front. Bike was just buttery smooth. I am now thinking I want one and I keep adding it to my cart on Pricepoint, but not pulling the trigger. I am torn between Pro and Expert model. Is the Fox stuff really that bad? I don't like the 3x10 drive train on the expert. I kinda wish I could get a Pro, but have the XFusion shock on it... unless you guys think that 34 float is OK. The Pike was just.... amazing, so I'm pretty sure anything will feel lesser compared to that. I am not sure I want to spring for the the bike with the Pike though, I could have gotten it for 2500 out the door, which is still quite a bit more than what PricePoint has. So long story short, 2015 Pro (with fox and dropper?) or Expert?
    Thanks to this thread I have pulled the trigger the trigger on an Expert through Pricepont. I honestly wanted to go with the Pro and get the Fox damper upgraded since Fox is offering the upgrade for around $100. After comparing prices at other sites seeing Pricepoint is sold out of Pro's I figured I could upgrade the Expert to at least the Pro level of build and still make out pretty good. I'll do the Roughcut damper($250) and update some components. I also got a WTB i23 wheel set from them too on sale for ~$80 so I can go tubeless when it gets to me. Can't wait til it arrives and compare back to back with the 08 Enduro SL it will be replacing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

wheel upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by lzcztq View Post
    Thanks to this thread I have pulled the trigger the trigger on an Expert through Pricepont. I honestly wanted to go with the Pro and get the Fox damper upgraded since Fox is offering the upgrade for around $100. After comparing prices at other sites seeing Pricepoint is sold out of Pro's I figured I could upgrade the Expert to at least the Pro level of build and still make out pretty good. I'll do the Roughcut damper($250) and update some components. I also got a WTB i23 wheel set from them too on sale for ~$80 so I can go tubeless when it gets to me. Can't wait til it arrives and compare back to back with the 08 Enduro SL it will be replacing.
    if your going to upgrade do this

wtb asym i35 rims @ 27.5 and a 160 mm pike up front

the bike will take both sizes and this way you can run up to 2.5 in tires without roll over and low pressure with tubes and sealant.

rims are 70.00 and a bike shop will lace up new ones for you for 70 or so bucks

ride it like u stole it

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Got my expert this week and it's just about together . Couple of questions for existing owners:

1. There weren't any cup/cone spacers for the front brake mount as shown in the Shimano exploded diagram. Is that the norm for everyone else?

2. There are some adhesive pads that look to serve as a form of chain stay protection however the form doesn't seem to fit right. Can anyone let me know where they are to be installed.

thanks in advance for any support!!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Got my expert this week and it's just about together . Couple of questions for existing owners:

1. There weren't any cup/cone spacers for the front brake mount as shown in the Shimano exploded diagram. Is that the norm for everyone else?

2. There are some adhesive pads that look to serve as a form of chain stay protection however the form doesn't seem to fit right. Can anyone let me know where they are to be installed.

thanks in advance for any support!!!
    I am no bike assembly pro, but I got my expert together the other day. I was confused by the 180mm adapter instructions as well, but checked with PP and their mechanic said to just use the 2 provided screws, no washers required. Seems fine.

I was not 100% sure at first, but the adhesive pads will fit on the chain stay. The two pieces are cut in such a way so they nearly meet at the pivot point.

Mine also came with what appears to be an extra centerlock disc lockring (like the one used on the rear wheel). The cassette and front and rear discs all have their specific lockrings already installed. I also have what appears to be a cassette spacer in the same bag....not sure about that either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhatfie View Post
    I am no bike assembly pro, but I got my expert together the other day. I was confused by the 180mm adapter instructions as well, but checked with PP and their mechanic said to just use the 2 provided screws, no washers required. Seems fine.

I was not 100% sure at first, but the adhesive pads will fit on the chain stay. The two pieces are cut in such a way so they nearly meet at the pivot point.

Mine also came with what appears to be an extra centerlock disc lockring (like the one used on the rear wheel). The cassette and front and rear discs all have their specific lockrings already installed. I also have what appears to be a cassette spacer in the same bag....not sure about that either.
    Thats exactly what I needed to know. Assured now that nothing was missing. Much thanks for the feedback!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by scooderdude View Post
    If you're in the SF bay area, Endless Cycles in Castro Valley has one in stock.
    It's good to hear Endless has a full suspension in stock. When I was purchasing my last bike they had said they leaned more toward HT and didn't generally keep fs stocked because they'd sit. I'd have certainly been interested in the breezer. Good people in that shop. I'd spend money there.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
    Anyone else having a helluva time doing tubeless setup on the stock wheels and tires (Expert build)? I've taped the rims, used sealant, tons of soapy water, using a compressor and I'm not even coming close to getting the beads to seat. Tired of getting pinch flats on the rear with tubes but a tubeless ready wheel set and tires aren't in the budget this season so I really need to get these to work. Any suggestions?
    I give up. I've tried everything I can think of. Do u Ling up tape, lining the rim with half a tube, hell I even tried the old Jeeper trick of igniting ether inside the tire. Nothing comes close to getting these things to seat.

With no money in the budget for a tubeless ready setup this season I guess I'm just going to have to run stupid high pressure in the rear this summer. I've blown through three more rear tubes. Hell, at some point, buying a tubeless ready setup is gonna be cheaper than buying new tubes on a weekly basis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
    Anyone else having a helluva time doing tubeless setup on the stock wheels and tires (Expert build)? I've taped the rims, used sealant, tons of soapy water, using a compressor and I'm not even coming close to getting the beads to seat. Tired of getting pinch flats on the rear with tubes but a tubeless ready wheel set and tires aren't in the budget this season so I really need to get these to work. Any suggestions?
    I never got the Vigilantes to seat on those sx23 rims. I mounted Nevegal Pro X instead. I had to use pressurized nitrogen @ 150psi with the valve core removed to get those to seat on the SX23 rims. I mounted the Vigilantes tubeless on my hardtail's Blunt 35 rims pretty easily with less pressure. Go figure
    >>"Every chance I get!"

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitzhym View Post
    I never got the Vigilantes to seat on those sx23 rims. I mounted Nevegal Pro X instead. I had to use pressurized nitrogen @ 150psi with the valve core removed to get those to seat on the SX23 rims. I mounted the Vigilantes tubeless on my hardtail's Blunt 35 rims pretty easily with less pressure. Go figure
    Yeah, basically it's a crap shoot when trying to setup non-tubeless ready stuff up tubeless. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Seems like the SX23/Vigilante combo is a loser. I may try to grab some tubeless ready tires and see if I can get them to seat on the SX23s. If they don't, oh well. I'll just hang onto them until I grab a new tubeless ready wheelset. After a double layer of tape plus a tube liner, these damn things ought to hold air. Holding air wasn't the issue though. At no point did I even get those Vigilantes even close to seating.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Just in case someone might be interested I have a 2014 breezer repack expert frame for sale with headset and bottom bracket. Will also include the front derailleur, stem, seatpost clamp, and ritchey handlebars for $550 total. Oh and it has an xfusion O2 RL shock mounted as well.

Frame is in great shape, let me know if interested.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

yo

Quote Originally Posted by CogHog View Post
    Just in case someone might be interested I have a 2014 breezer repack expert frame for sale with headset and bottom bracket. Will also include the front derailleur, stem, seatpost clamp, and ritchey handlebars for $550 total. Oh and it has an xfusion O2 RL shock mounted as well.

Thanks!

what frame size? if xl i will buy it from you

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs1231 View Post
    what frame size? if xl i will buy it from you
    Sorry I should have put that in the post.

Unfortunately it's a medium 18.5" frame.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I've had the repack for a bit now and I've gotten a few rides under my belt. Really enjoying the bike.

Mods I've done so far
    -Ghetto Tubeless conversion- I have a "trick" to get these to seat that I've also had to use on other bikes.
    - 40mm stem
    - x-fusion dropper post- I've had reverbs in the past, I'm really liking the x-fusion. The "360 degree" lever is great and easy to use.
    - 1x race face 30t chainring- a must for me. No dropped chains, simplicity.

So here's my "trick" for getting the tubeless to seat on non-tubeless ready wheels that are stubborn. Use a bead of elmers glue on the outside where the tire meets the rim. let it sit for about 10 minutes or so to get a little tacky, and I use my finger to get a "seal". This allows the air to seal and be trapped in the tire and it will instantly inflate any stubborn ghetto setup. Once its seated just wipe up the glue with a rag. Thats it!.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Here's a pic at WhiteRanch trail, a pretty technical trail with a bunch of steep drops. The bike was buttery smooth and I felt great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowupfundown View Post

Here's a pic at WhiteRanch trail, a pretty technical trail with a bunch of steep drops. The bike was buttery smooth and I felt great.
    Glad you're enjoying it! I'm still extremely pleased with mine. Only thing left to do is go 1x. Just need a bit more leg strength before I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    This was from my first ride at Hard Labor Creek State Park's Red Loop.

I've probably got about 80-90 miles on mine so far now and couldn't be happier. I'm running it completely stock at this point, haven't even messed with going tubeless yet. I did find a better way to mount a water bottle by using the mounts underneath the bottom tube. I thought it was going to cause problems but so far it works really well.

2014  Breezer Repack-img_1598.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CogHog View Post

Thanks!
    I am interested in your frame! Please message me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Breezer Repack Pro 1 yr review

Summary: Very good riding bike with a few flaws.

The bike is a 2014 Repack Pro model that I got off PP in June last year when there was an 15% off 'grads & dads' promo. I'm neither but still got the bike for under $1900 shipped. The list price however is $3600 which is way more than what it's worth. For comparison a (female) friend just bought a Carbon Juliana Furtado C for that money.

Good:
    Climbs very well for a 160mm travel bike. Feels a little more compliant than my previous DW Turner. It also wanders less when it's steep, which maybe the result of the overall longer wheelbase. Although some reviewers don't like the head angle it works very well for me on the way down. It's not a Giant Reign or SC V10 though.
    Decent components, SLX shifters/cranks/hubs where many companies go cheap, low level Shimano brakes which have less bling and adjustments but work as well as the more expensive ones.
    Frame hasn't made a peep in one year of riding. I'm solidly in the clydesdale category and I have broken frames before but no issues here.

Bad:
    It's heavy. I personally think this is the main issue that keeps it from being a success. 3-4 lbs less with a carbon front triangle and swing link the bike would be a hit. It does carry its weight well and with the rider standing to loose a few pounds it does not bother me much, but lighter riders may perceive it as holding them back.
    Horrible paint job. After a year it has more chips and scratches than my 2010 Turner.
    Wheel build. I already broke 4 spokes in the rear, the wheel might have been true from the factory but spoke tension was all over the place. Trying to get the centerlock rotor off I had to resort to an impact wrench, a first for me and I've removed plenty of cassettes and rotors.
    Had two Pivots come loose but caught it time.

Ho-humm:
    OEM WTB Vigilante tires. Not really bad but the replacement Maxxis Ardents do better.
    Single side lock-on grips are ok but the lock ring is different from the popular brands so forget about replacements. Need to buy complete new grips.

Repairs: The rear shock blew on ride #3 but that's on Fox and not Breezer's fault. Fox turned it around quickly and no issues since. Went through three sets of brake pads and just replaced the tires and large front chainring.

I bought the bike thinking if I don't like it I just use it as a build kit and sell the frame but it turned out it's really a nice riding bike. Certainly worth the closeout prices.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowupfundown View Post

I thought I was the only one on the Front Range with a Repack!
    Yazda - Post and promote your group rides.

Trail Status - Trail Conditions app.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by csuder99 View Post
    Summary: Very good riding bike with a few flaws.

The bike is a 2014 Repack Pro model that I got off PP in June last year when there was an 15% off 'grads & dads' promo. I'm neither but still got the bike for under $1900 shipped. The list price however is $3600 which is way more than what it's worth. For comparison a (female) friend just bought a Carbon Juliana Furtado C for that money.

Good:
    Climbs very well for a 160mm travel bike. Feels a little more compliant than my previous DW Turner. It also wanders less when it's steep, which maybe the result of the overall longer wheelbase. Although some reviewers don't like the head angle it works very well for me on the way down. It's not a Giant Reign or SC V10 though.
    Decent components, SLX shifters/cranks/hubs where many companies go cheap, low level Shimano brakes which have less bling and adjustments but work as well as the more expensive ones.
    Frame hasn't made a peep in one year of riding. I'm solidly in the clydesdale category and I have broken frames before but no issues here.

Bad:
    It's heavy. I personally think this is the main issue that keeps it from being a success. 3-4 lbs less with a carbon front triangle and swing link the bike would be a hit. It does carry its weight well and with the rider standing to loose a few pounds it does not bother me much, but lighter riders may perceive it as holding them back.
    Horrible paint job. After a year it has more chips and scratches than my 2010 Turner.
    Wheel build. I already broke 4 spokes in the rear, the wheel might have been true from the factory but spoke tension was all over the place. Trying to get the centerlock rotor off I had to resort to an impact wrench, a first for me and I've removed plenty of cassettes and rotors.
    Had two Pivots come loose but caught it time.

Ho-humm:
    OEM WTB Vigilante tires. Not really bad but the replacement Maxxis Ardents do better.
    Single side lock-on grips are ok but the lock ring is different from the popular brands so forget about replacements. Need to buy complete new grips.

Repairs: The rear shock blew on ride #3 but that's on Fox and not Breezer's fault. Fox turned it around quickly and no issues since. Went through three sets of brake pads and just replaced the tires and large front chainring.

I bought the bike thinking if I don't like it I just use it as a build kit and sell the frame but it turned out it's really a nice riding bike. Certainly worth the closeout prices.
    One other thing to mention (I love the bike btw). There are a few other things I'm not crazy about with the bike.

1. The rear triangle flexes like nobody's business. Take the wheel off and remove the rear shock. Squeeze right where the rear axle goes and you'll see what I'm talking about. More $$ spent on bushings cause of this.

2. I wish there was more room for a piggy-back shock. Not much space. Would also be nice if I could get a water bottle in the frame somewhere.

3. The CTD mine came with was awful. Horrible chatter or way too much bottoming out. A bike tune made it all better, but definitely didn't like the stock CTD on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by james.stoup View Post
    One other thing to mention (I love the bike btw). There are a few other things I'm not crazy about with the bike.

1. The rear triangle flexes like nobody's business. Take the wheel off and remove the rear shock. Squeeze right where the rear axle goes and you'll see what I'm talking about. More $$ spent on bushings cause of this.

2. I wish there was more room for a piggy-back shock. Not much space. Would also be nice if I could get a water bottle in the frame somewhere.

3. The CTD mine came with was awful. Horrible chatter or way too much bottoming out. A bike tune made it all better, but definitely didn't like the stock CTD on it.

1: I don't notice it flex, in fact feels quite stiff compared to my Jamis XCT Carbon bike. The design of most bikes includes the shock and hardware as well as the axle to make it stiff so I'm not sure a test like this demonstrate the stiffness. They use bearings and collets in the pivot points something I have not seen often on bikes.

2: I have not tried a piggyback, but mine (large) appears to have enough room. They did have "some" thought for a water bottle I believe. Mine came with a bolt and aluminum spacer for the bottom of the front downtube. The other bolt I believe is the lower cable mount. I have not tried it, but it looks to be the setup for a water bottle cage.

3: Yeah CTD = SUX! Mine is the expert model, I really like the XFusion stuff. I've upgraded the front fork to the HLR Roughcut Damper and it's just great.

I'm really happy with my repack. It's now 1x10 with a Saint shifter, Sunrace 11-42 and tubleless running 2.3 TR DHF Minions on the stock cheapie wheelset using a Stans Enduro kit. I put Deore brakes and a 60mm stem and finally and X-Fusion dropper. I absolutely love riding the bike.
    Last edited by Aresab; 06-28-2016 at 04:55 PM.

mtbr member

2. I was able to get a bottle mount underneath the bottom tube . It's not perfect but it works fine for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I've been enjoying my PricePoint closeout Repack for about 4 months now and really can't say enough for the bike and components. The thing is an absolute tank going down, an honorary XC bike on the climbs, and the X-Fusion shock and fork have been a pleasure in all scenarios.

Much like Aresab, the moment I pulled it out of the box the chainrings and cassette came off and a OneUp RADr cage, Sunrace 11-40, and 32t narrow-wide went on.

2014  Breezer Repack-20160625_173957.jpg

...since then it's been nothing but trouble-free miles (probably 300 or so at this point) from local XC trails to a day at the downhill course along side the 200mm travel bikes.

Enjoy it out there,
    BillyM

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    2. I was able to get a bottle mount underneath the bottom tube . It's not perfect but it works fine for me.

Can you post a picture? I've been trying to get a mount on, but to no avail. I don't want to remove the cable guides and the screw for the cable guides is just a touch too short.

mtbr member
    Loving mine still. Just got done riding Snow Summit playing with all the downhill bikes and the repack held its own just fine. This was initially planned to be a "just for now" bike but I'm so pleased with how it rides I'm debating not building a second bike and just decking this one out. Wheels, XT brakes, 1x11, and so on. Hmmm

mtbr member
    Can you post a picture? I've been trying to get a mount on, but to no avail. I don't want to remove the cable guides and the screw for the cable guides is just a touch too short.
    Sorry I just saw your post...

Here's a slightly newer picture while riding the Red loop at Hard Labor Creek. Not the best photo but basically I had to unscrew one of the cable guides and add one of those small mounts for the water bottle cage to screw into. I was able to get both the guide and cage attached so it works just fine. if you're still interested I can try to get a better photo of the cage area.

2014  Breezer Repack-img_1760.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil View Post
    Sorry I just saw your post...

Here's a slightly newer picture while riding the Red loop at Hard Labor Creek. Not the best photo but basically I had to unscrew one of the cable guides and add one of those small mounts for the water bottle cage to screw into. I was able to get both the guide and cage attached so it works just fine. if you're still interested I can try to get a better photo of the cage area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1760.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	363.3 KB 
ID:	1089950
    I've been having the same struggle with mine. Will you please post a closer picture to see what you did?

mtbr member
    I have not posted to this thread in a while but I am still loving this bike. I did upgrade the fork's damper to the HLR Roughcut and that was huge going over roots and such at high-speed where the fork seemed to pack up (a known issue of the stock RL2 damper). Other than that, approx. every 3 months or so I pull the aircan on the shock to lube the seals which resets the negative air chamber and all is back to awesome.

I also wanted to add in case the bottle cage mount questions were not solved. Mine came with one space for cage mount to the frame and the second mount used the hole for the lower cable guide/holder. This puts the bottle cage over the cables and cable mount. If your bike did not come with the spacer and screw, I found these on Jenson USA and they should be able to help with the spacing the cage out.
    Problem Solvers Spaceout Cage Spacers > Accessories > Hydration > Water Bottle Cages | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have the 2015 supercell pro.

I had the fork serviced for with fox gold 20wt fluid and new wipers ( the tsb ) and now my trail and lockout only work randomly or after the fork is in use for a few minutes.

it got the seal kit and the gold fluid, thats it. but the lockout and trail modes fail when I first get on the bike.

sounds like something wasnt bled right, I have burped them and that made them more plush and I can say the damper side ( right side when mounting the bike ) burps alot more than the left side.

took it back to the bike shop that did it and they said return to fox. how nice.

any ideas ?????

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anyone running “Plus” tires on their Repack?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Anyone running “Plus” tires on their Repack?

I don't think that you are going to fit plus sized tires on a repack. I'm running the Maxxis Minion 2.4 DHR II WTs on mine and there is not a lot of room left. You could probably do the Minion 2.5 DHF WT if you want a little wider in the rear. I rave been running the 2.4 DHRII WT in the rear and the 2.5 DHF WT in the front and have been really happy with them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the info. I did some rough measurements myself and agree that rear would be tight. I just came across a set of wheels that has 2.8‘s included and wanted to verify if I could even use them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123