Vicious
    Ventana
    Spooky
    Kent Eriksen
    Black Buck
    Rivendell
    Soma
    Walt Works
    and probably too many custom bike makers to count…

Unconvinced
    Guitar Ted
    Cloxxki
    Juansevo
    Davidcopperfield

the troll killer doesn't know much about bike design. but the troll killer is convinced that 650b is great for mtb use. from the looks of this quick and certainly incomplete list it seems the troll killer is in good company. and the troll killer knows who's company he'd rather keep.

a gezunt af dein kop!

tk
    Last edited by troll killer; 02-03-2009 at 12:58 PM.
    Keeping the 650B forum hater free ever since 2008!

mtbr member
    The only thing that matters are that the companies making rims, frames, tires, etc. are on board.

Who cares what others think? If it works for you personally and the product is available that's all that really matters in the long run right?

I do think it would be really cool though to have more truly dedicated 650b fork options available (vs. making it work with a 26er or 29er fork).....but I'm confident that'll happen in time.

P.S. You really should work on that third person posting thing you've got going on. Why not come out and reveal yourself and speak in the first person if you feel so strongly about the wheelsize? C'mon you can do it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Wow thanks for the list! Now I know where to look.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It's TIRES......not TYRES you bloody wankers.

And in Guitar Ted's defense, he seems to be providing some good links to 650b items.

Me, I'm convinced. I'm also convinced of 29'ers. I like bikes.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    yessir i am

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    The only thing that matters are that the companies making rims, frames, tires, etc. are on board.

Who cares what others think? If it works for you personally and the product is available that's all that really matters in the long run right?

I do think it would be really cool though to have more truly dedicated 650b fork options available (vs. making it work with a 26er or 29er fork).....but I'm confident that'll happen in time.

P.S. You really should work on that third person posting thing you've got going on. Why not come out and reveal yourself and speak in the first person if you feel so strongly about the wheelsize? C'mon you can do it.

Agreed. Ultimately it is up to the individual and if it works for that person. I just think it is cool that the whole industry seems to be moving towards trying new things...that's how the sport was initially founded. I'm all for it!
    MTOBikes.com

Keep the rubber side down!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    It's TIRES......not TYRES you bloody wankers.
    You do have a point there.

mtbr member
    Shucks, I was convinced when that list consisted of Rivendell and Panaracer! My Saluki is a great bike and I've put many thousands of miles on it.

I'm glad that Mr Pacenti has brought it to the dirty side of things--I think it's a GREAT idea...I just REALLY wish some major suspension fork maker(s) would get with the program--that's really the only thing that's stopping the avalanche in my opinion. All due credit to White Bros and X-fusion, of course.

I must say, though, mr Trollbane, this post seems a little...troll-ey to me. Just sayin'.

mtbr member
    +1 on the fork.

If, say, a 650b Minute MRD TPC became available (Please Hayes!), then I think this would take off.

I believe that while a lot of what we are seeing are really nice custom/small builder hardtales, the best application is full suspension, exactly where 29ers have issues/compromises.
    It's nice and all that some bikes will fit the wheels, you are not maximizing performance until the bike is designed around the wheel size. For example, optimizing BB height and trail.

(FWIW, I my dream bike is a Marin Mt. Vision w/ 650b wheels, optional Maxle rear dropouts/TA, a fox crown w/ Fisher G2 offset...just need to find some extra cash laying around.)

banned
    Mar 2004
    I'm just waiting for that first______ (fill in the blank) to make a suspension fork for a 36'er...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I noticed that year before last, Chris at Pivot mentioned 650b for long travel 5" plus frame see the interbike video on 429 (Probably the mach 5). I also talked to one of his techs at a race that said the same thing as far as the swing-arm is concerned he said they were just waiting for more forks to come on board....Fox for one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghawk
    I noticed that year before last, Chris at Pivot mentioned 650b for long travel 5" plus frame see the interbike video on 429 (Probably the mach 5). I also talked to one of his techs at a race that said the same thing as far as the swing-arm is concerned he said they were just waiting for more forks to come on board....Fox for one.

Dave Turner said as much, too...