mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Yeti SB-75 ot Santacruz Bantam?

this is my first time on here so as much information you coulld give would be greatly apreciated.This would be my fist bike, i have riden my friends bikes multiple times and have been dying to get a bike ever since.i lie doing pretty much eveythig, climbig downhill, epecialy jumping! im gonna make my purchase soon. However i am torn between these two bikes, i have ridden both bikes and they both had theyre pros and cons, but i would like other openins! Thank You!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    My father got the 1st SB75 in the country where I live, and from what I could tell both are excellent bikes.

They have technologies apart from the standard suspension, but they are pretty much the same, but under different names (SB75 - Switch Technology & Bantam - VPP). From my perspective they do the same job but there are some difference to take in consideration if you have plans for the Bantman.

The Bantam, comes with a 3X Chainring vs SB75 as it comes with 2x [SRAM]. From my personal experience, if you will be doing just MTB, Enduro or part of DH the best configuration is a 2x Chainring, adding that you will have the ability to use the complete transmission, something that cannot be done in a 3x Chainring without compromising or forcing the chain.

About the Suspesion, the only difference is the Fork as the Yeti comes with a FOX and Bantam with Rockshox.

I will recommend to have a budget in mind, as if you prefer the Yeti, there are 4 different configurations that can be done. I will recommend for MTB the COMP or ENDURO SETS.

They have basically the same components except for the rear and front suspesion.

Comp set > FOX EVO in both
    Enduro and Above sets > Fox FACTORY + Kashima Coat

The difference is estimated in almost $1000

In addition, the switch behaves pretty cool while climbing even when having the rear suspension blocked. The website has different configurations based in your weight but you can add more pressure to them to make it confortable for your personal usage.

I haven't test the Batam on this, but it should be almost the same. Peraps the only cons that I can mentions is the cleaning of the Yeti after having a mud trail, it takes more time because of the switch setup, for the rest is excellent.

I'm actually a Yeti fan and I will probably upgrade my current bike to the COMP or Enduro sets in couple of months.

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Bantam is not VPP, it's a single-pivot design. IIRC, the Solo and the Bantam share the same geometry, but the Solo has VPP obviously.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You are right, my apologies for not checking that before the post. Despite I'm a fan of Yeti's bikes, Bantam still a good bike with the single pivot.

However, if we're looking to save some $$$ and get the best options for MTB, from my perspective and by respecting others opinion, I believe the Yeti is a bit superior for what you get for what you pay, this comparing the COMP set to maintain the range between 3K as an estimation, the taxes, etc

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Remote Seatpost and 2x Chainring Noah?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by angello_rm View Post
    Remote Seatpost and 2x Chainring Noah?
    KS i950R Seatpost (changing to LEV next week) and 34t single ring with MRP Mini G3 guide
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by angello_rm View Post
    You are right, my apologies for not checking that before the post. Despite I'm a fan of Yeti's bikes, Bantam still a good bike with the single pivot.

However, if we're looking to save some $$$ and get the best options for MTB, from my perspective and by respecting others opinion, I believe the Yeti is a bit superior for what you get for what you pay, this comparing the COMP set to maintain the range between 3K as an estimation, the taxes, etc
    I don't think the OP can go wrong either way... either bike is great. If you can, hop on both and see how they fit you. Personally, I'm a Santa Cruz fanboy because I like the way they fit and feel. The Yeti might be a better deal overall, but if you can't get comfortable on a bike then it's not worth the money regardless of the deal.