Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    251

    X Fusion Slide 29 650B conversion

    Anyone try this yet? Wonder if a Slide 29 to 650B would fit and work the same as a X Fusion 26 (Enix, Velour,Velvet) conversion.
    Would axle to crown be longer and therefore head angle change? Can anyone convert the numbers for me?
    Would be looking to do this on a 26inch Full Squish Bike.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    nothing relevant to say
    Reputation: Cracked Headtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    Yes it can be done, which is the obvious answer. But the question for you is: Why would you choose a 29" fork, doing so would eat up travel distance. (hypothetically the increase of fork leg length takes away from travel length so a 120mm travel 650b fork would sorta equate to a 90mm 29r fork.)
    Yipsan used a 29er fork for his 650B hardtail at 2008's NAHBS.
    DSC_8378b

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube View Post
    Yes it can be done, which is the obvious answer. But the question for you is: Why would you choose a 29" fork, doing so would eat up travel distance. (hypothetically the increase of fork leg length takes away from travel length so a 120mm travel 650b fork would sorta equate to a 90mm 29r fork.)
    Yipsan used a 29er fork for his 650B hardtail at 2008's NAHBS.
    DSC_8378b
    Thanks for the reply CR. As to why, I have a Slide 29 and like it. Noticed that X fusion says it can used as 650b with a spacer. I know the Velvet uses a travel limit spacer for 650b.
    So you saying that if I use the 650b spacer in the Slide 29 that will limit the travel to 90mm?
    Thanks for any info!

  4. #4
    nothing relevant to say
    Reputation: Cracked Headtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    you don't need to limit the Slide 29. IF it clears the bigger 29", the 650B would never have a clearance problem.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube View Post
    you don't need to limit the Slide 29. IF it clears the bigger 29", the 650B would never have a clearance problem.
    the X fusion website:


    FORK

    SLIDE RL2 29

    XC/TRAIL


    MODELS:
    RL2

    Slide Series


    Features
    •The RL2 damper has rebound damping adjustment and uses an on-off switch for lockout.
    •Internal travel adjust is offered within all of our forks using a push-pin ladder system on the air-spring rod. Travel spacers can be used in some cases for even more custom travel settings.
    •Brake housing guides provided on all fork models.
    •Can be internally converted to 650b fork using an internal travel spacer.

    So what is the spacer for?

  6. #6
    nothing relevant to say
    Reputation: Cracked Headtube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    I think they copied over the info from their Velvet 26" fork. No 650B spacer in the Slide.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube View Post
    I think they copied over the info from their Velvet 26" fork. No 650B spacer in the Slide.
    Okay Thank You my friend, that makes more sense than using a spacer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •