mtbr member

New question here. X-Fusion Enix RL 650b?

Any info out there on the X-Fusion Enix fork able to go 650b? Looks to be very similar to the Fusion, so I am hoping its a go. Please let me know.
    08 BMC Trailfox 02
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo 10
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

bonked
    Yes, 650b is fine. X-Fusion recommends installing a bottom out spacer to assure you don't have tire to crown contact at full compression.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I just got the fork, i'll try it!

Big Paws on a Puppy!!

Enix vs. Velvet

Sidebar:

Does anybody know the differences between the Enix and the Velvet? When I checked the X-Fusion site the specs seem pretty much identical. The Velvet does list a lighter weight but what else am I missing?

Inrideo est vita
    The Enix has a few "limitations"... it is only 9mm axle, only 1 1/8" steerer tubes and only 120mm of travel (max).
    The Velvet has 9 or 15mm axles; 1 1/8", tapered and even 1.5" steerer tubes. It is also adjustable to 140mm.
    Other differences are the crown: lighter on the Velvet. Also the lowers are slightly different, but it's pretty minimal.
    The damping and air springs are largely the same.

If the Enix has the features you need, it is a great deal. They work really well, I have one on one of my bikes.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteel View Post
    The Enix has a few "limitations"... it is only 9mm axle, only 1 1/8" steerer tubes and only 120mm of travel (max).
    The Velvet has 9 or 15mm axles; 1 1/8", tapered and even 1.5" steerer tubes. It is also adjustable to 140mm.
    Other differences are the crown: lighter on the Velvet. Also the lowers are slightly different, but it's pretty minimal.
    The damping and air springs are largely the same.

If the Enix has the features you need, it is a great deal. They work really well, I have one on one of my bikes.
    Crap, I was pretty much ready to click the button and buy a velvet, but I don't really need tapered, 15mm, 140travel, etc. Now I will have to go back to a serious debate between my weight weenie and tight wad.