mtbr member
    Jan 2010

WTB Wolverine tire, will it fit?

Anyone know if a WTB Wolverine will clear the rear of a Santa Cruz Nickel? I see on the tire reference thread it is one spot above the Kenda Nevegal, which I beleive fits the rear. But I don't know about the wolverine. I haven't heard of any of the tires above it fitting the Nickel.

Seems like a good tire at a good price, but will it fit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Whoa, I just read a review on amazon that states the WTB Wolverine won't fit on Stan's rims. Is that true?

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Whoa, I just read a review on amazon that states the WTB Wolverine won't fit on Stan's rims. Is that true?
    Won't fit a Nickle on Stans or won't fit period?
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

screamer
    That review is probably talking about the TCS version. TCS and Stan's rims are an impossibly tight fit. Race version is just fine.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I have WTB Wolverines (currently front and rear) on Stan's ZTR Arch EX rims and they work just fine. I have one set up tubeless, one set up with a tube.

I have the rear on my Blur LT2 and it fits great. There may be a problem if the rear shock bottoms out, but that doesn't personally concern me.