mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Will 650b fit a 2008/2009 Yeti ASR-C?

Looking for information on this fit, anyone have direct experience putting a 650b with at least a Neo 2.1 on the back of a Yeti ASR-C. This is specifically a carbon rear triangle, and is the old style frame used from approx 2006-2009. I know for certain the square tubed all carbon ASR-5/ASR-7/2009 575 will not work. Looking for info on that little bit older frame.

I am riding a 2006 Yeti 575 alloy rear triangle and 650b works great - just seeing an ASR frame out there for sale that would be a cheap upgrade to loose a pound of weight on the bike.

Thanks for any info/ptrs - Hate to buy one (ebay) then have it not fit!

Jon.

NedwannaB
    Not sure exctly what year ASR, same era you mentioned though, but I was looking at one (Pink/black if I recall....) to do same and was a no go. I had a 2.1 Neo. Others may have a different experience.

Supposedly the Scwalbe RR is smaller but not enuff I don't think. But that ASR-C would be a killer race machine though. I have an '08 575 with the carbon rr swingarm and 650's are a no go there too.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Jmac47, I appreciate the info. Since the ASR Carbon swingarm won't hold the 650b, wonder if the ASR Alloy in 2006-2009 might. I ask because the 575's with alloy run a 650b just fine - my alloy swingarm on a 2006 575 could run a Pacenti 2.3 if I shim the shock. The wheel/tire might flex into the frame on the chainstay, so I just run a 2.1 and have a ton of room.

It is interesting data that your experience with a Yeti 575 carbon swingarm won't hold the wheel, so it must be a slightly different shape or depth to cause the issue.

Thanks again,
    Jon

NedwannaB
    Yeah seems to be the alum vs carbon rr is where the differences are. I don't think the alum has such a tight fit on the seat stay brace(if there even is one).

I got the 575 from a friend who got a new one. Knew the 650 wouldn't fit rr but I have one on front though!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm running Velocity Blunt SL with Schwalbe 2.25 Racing Ralphs and loving it. No clearance issues.

NedwannaB

Nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeytown View Post
    I'm running Velocity Blunt SL with Schwalbe 2.25 Racing Ralphs and loving it. No clearance issues.

That rally's the SC Blur C I would imagine!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Will 650b fit a 2008/2009 Yeti ASR-C?-4abgx.jpg

yes! better with maxxis crossmark 2. rear

NedwannaB
    Looks like some great riding terrain, donde en espana~?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Looks like some great riding terrain, donde en espana~?
    you have good eye, this is near Tarragona