mtbr member

Will an 08 Marz 55 ATA fit a neo moto?

I just ordered a front 355 with a Hope Pro II hub. I have an 08 32 Float which I've heard works, but I can get a good deal on the Marz and would like to try a thru-axle fork with the new hoop on my Mojo.

ups and downs
    Here's a shot of 2.35" x 26" Nevegal in a 2008 Marz 55 ATA, there's 1/2" of clearance at the centre of the arch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Thanks

It looks like it should fit. When I get the new hoop and tire in, I'll find out for sure.

www.derbyrims.com
    With the 650b Neo-Moto let the air out or remove the spring compress the fork as hard as possible and see if at bottom-out if the crown also clears. With the Nevegal you will need at least 1/2 inch clearance at bottom-out for the neo-moto to clear.

The arch looks like it would be very close to the neo-moto for mud.

mtbr member

Luckily we do not have a lot of mud in Boise

I am curious to see if it will work. If it won't work, I guess there will be a Marz 55 on ebay for cheap.

Derby, after your reviews, I can't wait to try 650b on the Mojo. There is a trail from my house that has a climb that is littered with square edged volcanic rocks. I am hoping that the extra momentum of the larger diameter wheel will make the climb somewhat easier, and that I will stall out less often.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tortfeasor
    I am curious to see if it will work. If it won't work, I guess there will be a Marz 55 on ebay for cheap.

Derby, after your reviews, I can't wait to try 650b on the Mojo. There is a trail from my house that has a climb that is littered with square edged volcanic rocks. I am hoping that the extra momentum of the larger diameter wheel will make the climb somewhat easier, and that I will stall out less often.
    If you are considering experimenting using limited travel with a quasi-moto on the rear of the Mojo, I think the quasi-motos would be risky used on sharp volcanic, the knobs are shallow and don't cover much of the casing.

The Mojo needs a 650b swingarm that clears the neo-moto without travel limitation to ride in square edged and sharp high traction rock conditions. It's unlikely we will see a 650b Mojo swingarm available until next spring at the earliest. Ibis is very busy with Interbike and producing longer anticipated priorities now. But I know they are interested.

mtbr member

I was only going to do the front

After reading your posts about getting the majority of the benefit from doing the front, I decided the rear was not worth the effort. If they ever sell a new rear end that fits, I will by it.

Now if Stans would just hurry up and send me my wheel. I have a trip to Moab scheduled for September 11-13, and I would like to have all the kinks worked out by then.

By the way, I wonder if a neo moto will fit in the rear of an MKIII. If so, it would make one sweet bike.

www.derbyrims.com
    After reading your posts about getting the majority of the benefit from doing the front, I decided the rear was not worth the effort. If they ever sell a new rear end that fits, I will by it.

Now if Stans would just hurry up and send me my wheel. I have a trip to Moab scheduled for September 11-13, and I would like to have all the kinks worked out by then.

By the way, I wonder if a neo moto will fit in the rear of an MKIII. If so, it would make one sweet bike.
    The MKiii has less clearance than the Mojo, I doubt it would even fit the quasi-moto.

With front only on the Mojo, it made a big difference to me to lower the handlebars 1/2 inch and bump the seat forward and up for leg reach about 1/8 inch or so to keep the same weight balance climbing and railing tight corners. Without lowering the handlebars the handling felt a little awkward especially climbing from what I had optimized with even size wheels.

Iíd also recommend not using Stanís in Moab on any size wheel. The risk of burping and sudden tire blowoff is much higher on the high traction slickrock. The Moab locals donít use converted tubeless. UST tubeless with AM tires would probably be safe. I hope to get out there this fall too. Have a great trip!

mtbr member

One last question

Derby, thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it.

One last question, do you run your Pike at full travel or do you lower it. If the Marz does not work (which I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't), I have an 08 Float, but I cannot adjust the travel on it. Maybe lowering the handle bars will be enough.

www.derbyrims.com
    Derby, thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it.

One last question, do you run your Pike at full travel or do you lower it. If the Marz does not work (which I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't), I have an 08 Float, but I cannot adjust the travel on it. Maybe lowering the handle bars will be enough.
    I've actually gone to a Nixon Elite coil 130 -160 with firm spring kit. I havenít decided yet to sell the PUSH'd Pike 545 coil or not, its way stiffer than the Nixon and really makes the Mojo rail, but the Nixon has good or better damping better spring and better travel range. I guess I'd sell the PUSH'd Pike for $575 with light, standard, and firm springs included.

On both with 650b front-only I ran 130mm travel for climbing and tight singletrack, lowering my AMP seat post 1 inch for flats and downhill for even better handling. Raising the either fork to 140 for very rough trail. With the Nixon I went to 150 travel, seat 1 or 4 inches lower for steep fast and very rough downhill.

Now I'm experimenting with 650b in the rear also, barely squeezing the quasi-moto into the swingarm of the Mojo. And running the Nixon at 135 -140 all the time and 155 - 160 for long downhills.