change is good
    Sep 2004

Why no love for Zeus?

Short chain stays, rugged build, made in America, good mud clearance, and stiff. Dirt Rag states that it pedals well. But, I see very little mention regarding this bike. What up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I just had an el capitan/Zeus hybrid built up as a B9er and absolutely LOVE it! Ventana has it dialed with the new geo/suspension!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Seems everybody wants carbon and DW-Link or VPP style susp. Incl me. I did get an up-close + parking lot ride on a Zeus recently and it was truly an impressive level of build quality. Very fine attention to detail and a high quality feel to the ride, solid and smooth. With the full custom build option available, Ventana are on my list for a possible future bike.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    I have had mine for exactly one year and it gets plenty of love from me. I loaned it to a buddy yesterday and his exact words were, "It felt like it was my bike and I have been riding it for years". It was cool riding behind my bike to watch it in action. It plows through everything yet looks so stable and smooth.

I did a semi-custom build so yeah, I am sticking with aluminum. The bike is super stiff and 29lbs with 160mm travel. Do I really need carbon when it is a Ventana? You will not get love from MTBR because Ventana has never given them a bike to test. Possibly now that you can order complete bikes from V that may change?
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I love mine!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why no love for Zeus?-photo-3-.jpg  

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishin Paul View Post
    You will not get love from MTBR because Ventana has never given them a bike to test. Possibly now that you can order complete bikes from V that may change?
    A ZEUS was available, MTBR never contracted V to be included in the "Shoot out" I was drubbed because I called out Francis's BS in that thread. Go Figure. And we'll ignore the fact that Ventana has been producing 650B bikes since at least 2009 When mine was built.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Great bikes from what I've read but I've never even seen a Ventana in person, not sure if we even have a dealer in the Dallas area and one of the largest mountain biking clubs in the country is in Dallas. I think that might have something to do with it for allot of us. I ride with several guys that have been riding for at least 4-5 years and I doubt any of them have even heard of Ventana.

The only reason I even know what you guys are talking about is from spending so much time on here and having a subscription to a couple of bike rags.

The Alpino is a bike I lusted after big time, would have been almost perfect for me, but I just couldn't afford the frameset, not saying its not worth every penny, just more than I could spend.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    Great bikes from what I've read but I've never even seen a Ventana in person, not sure if we even have a dealer in the Dallas area and one of the largest mountain biking clubs in the country is in Dallas.
    Sedan-man, when you do finally see one in person.... well, I'll just say it like Maynard "Billy Ray" Keenan would...your country boner just won't go down
    ****ry Boner - YouTube

Rode one for the first time 20 years ago exactly, and again a few times since.....Pictures and spec sheets just don't do them justice.

BTW, I'm in Austin. Holler if you're ever coming down here to ride....can take you off the beaten path man!

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    I see Ventana alot like Orange. Dated suspension designs but burly builds. Orange's are still very popular, due in part to marketing to the gravity crowd, flashy colors, and cool videos.

Maybe Ventana just needs different paint schemes and a 180mm bike.
    ArcGIS mapping pro, offering trail design and mapping support to non-profit organizations across Pennsylvania.