Mac & Jacks African Amber

Who owns the '08 Trek 69er 3x9 HT?

I am one of them. I love this bike (21.5" size) I was curious how many people who frequent this board also have purchased one? This forum is primarily 650b content these days. Just wondering and would like to see what changes or insights those 69er riders have gained since purchase of their bike. Anyone out there?
    My Current Rides:
    '09 Trek 69er SS '08 Trek 69er 3x9 HT

JWA
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have the Top Fuel 69er and I love it. It handles so well everywhere that I'm the limiting factor. I was dubious about the 69er concept, but after test riding all manner of 29er's and normal 26er's it was the clear choice. I haven't changed anything on mine throughout the season as nothing has jumped out at me as needing anything.

I haven't seen any other Top Fuel 69ers out there, but I've seen a number of guys out on the HT version. Actually, I think that I've seen more HT 69ers out on local trails than 29ers, and I've never come across a 650b.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hey LongviewTx, I was just curious how much they are selling for around shops in Austin? Is the price that they list on trek's website about the same as in shop? I'm noticing only 3-4 shops that are trek dealers but I haven't had time to go check them out.

I bought in Nacogdoches, Tx back in February. Price was a very good deal and below MSRP of $1869 by more than a few $100. I do not know about in Austin.
    My Current Rides:

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i ride the ss version

my church is the woods
    I'm still riding and loving my 69er since buying it impulsively just before new years. I've got it set up as a 1x9 with a few parts changes. I ride aggressive XC mostly, and don't treat bikes gently.
    I had a Haro 29er before but couldn't bunny hop more than a few inches, where as my 69er...I just won the Fair Hill Jamboree bunny hop contest aboard it clearing 27 inches. happy hop link - 2008 Trailspinners Fair Hill Jamboree

Wow. Can't see how that is physically possible.

So what size rear cog do you run, 16?
    My Current Rides:

mtbr member

Still Loving Mine!!

Been On Mine All Year And Really Love The Feel Of It. I Have Been On Many Variaties Of Bikes Over The Years And This One Is In The Top 3 For Me! Its Just Plain Fun To Ride!!
    I Have Only Made Small Personal Changes-
    Switched Tires To Racing Ralphs Or Nevegals Depending On Trail
    Switched Seat Out To Wtb Lazer V
    Switched Brakes Out To Avid Mechanicals, Again Personal Prefference.
    In Process Of New Front Wheel Setup, Hope Pro Ii Front Hub Drilled Out To Accept A Dt Swiss Rws 9mm Skewer To Stiffen The Front End Up.
    Just Went Through The Fork, Blew A Seal Awhile Ago So Did A Overhaul And Installed Enduro Fork Seals.
    The Bike Is Solid In Stock Form, I Just Have To Tinker With Stuff Aqnd Set It Up For My Style.
    Also Ditched The Big Ring For Bash Ring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

69 is go

dudes, chicks
    i own one and it is awesome kick ass, blows my sc blur out of the dirt (sorry blur), i knew 69 was right because I used to motocross and its similar setup, so happy mr t brown figured out such a simple idea tweaked to perfection, my 26 bikes feel like insufficient kiddytoys of spastic lameness, passing people on trails like cheating with maniacal laughter soundtrack coming out of my mouth, kind of almost made me an ******* rider because bike likes to be pushed, fast, does not do well slack back in some full susp cush mode of riding, keep eyes and wits on trail ahead and precision instrument slices and cuts through over everything in front and im not kidding,i dont want people to buy i want to be only one on trail, over and out, dig