mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Where's the Vee Rubber Mission 2.1 tire reviews?

As a rear tire set up tubeless, anyone have objective trail reports on the $35 tire?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Funny. Look what I just finished doing:

The tire seems as tall but slightly narrower than the Ralph it replaces. I didn't break out the calipers or digital scale, though. The sidewalls definitely feel beefier than the Ralph and the tire does feel heavier overall, as expected. This tire's knobs are very low-profile and there is no siping and there are no recesses in the knobs. I'm not expecting too much in the way of traction in the loose stuff or braking. For the price, I'm willing to see what happens. By the way, this is the first tire I've ever been able to mount tubeless without any help from a compressor. Hopefully, that is a good omen.
    I'm going to ride Thursday.
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Well at least they win the sidewall marketing billboard contest!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Mine get here tomorrow.

banned
    Sep 2012
    I have these tires posted on Ebay and here on the forums on the classifieds - I am selling lots of them on Ebay but please remember any one that contacts me directly gets a cheaper price compared to Ebay. $35 and free shipping - I have been riding these tires now for about a month and love them... They are not the lightest tires. They come in at 630grams as an average. I have checked the weight of quite a few of them and some come in just under 600grams... I have had zero leaks and they seem seem to roll faster than any other tire I have used in the 650B. I would love to hear some more feedback on these tires as I am obviously biased. you can mail me at fxdeals@hotmail .com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Can someone post actual height and width measurements for a mounted tire? Looks like a good candidate to shoehorn into a tight frame. Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fxdeals View Post
    I have had zero leaks and they seem seem to roll faster than any other tire I have used in the 650B. I would love to hear some more feedback on these tires as I am obviously biased. you can mail me at fxdeals@hotmail .com
    I sent you an email week before last, never heard back. Paid more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=fxdeals;9791684They are not the lightest tires. They come in at 630grams as an average. I have checked the weight of quite a few of them and some come in just under 600grams... [/QUOTE]

670g for me, but it was the easiest tire I've mounted tubeless!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    At 670 grams, give or take, why would one choose this over a Neo Moto 2.1? Similar weight, not a slug in the rolling department and has great traction in most conditions. Not trying to be an arse, simply wondering.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    At 670 grams, give or take, why would one choose this over a Neo Moto 2.1? Similar weight, not a slug in the rolling department and has great traction in most conditions. Not trying to be an arse, simply wondering.
    Price and availability.
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Rode last night. I was pleasantly surprised with the tire. It was mounted on the rear wheel.
    The good: This tire rolls really fast and hooks up pretty well. My terrain is a mix of hardpack, sand and rocks. The traction isn't like an Ikon or a big-knob tire, but much better than I expected. As with most tires, the tire is sensitive to air pressure. On the Flow Ex, the sweet spot for my 175 pounds was around 25 psi. I'd say it is a good deal, especially at the price.
    The bad: 1, Early in my ride, the tire pinch flatted and Stan's wouldn't seal up. The rip was small but triangle shaped, so it was like a tiny flap. I'll just chalk that up to bad luck for now. 2, The tread isn't 100% straight. It looked like my wheel was out of true by about 5mm or so. It was the tread. No big deal and didn't feel it while riding. I just saw it when I looked down. I've had other high-dollar tires that had this same issue, so ...
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    May 2008
    No rides yet, but mounted up a Vee last night on a Crest rim, that thing is skinny! After stretching overnight, it measures out to 1.8 inches in width. Bummer. Weight was 650 grams on my scale.

For comparison sake: Neo Moto 2.1 measures 2.1 exactly (casing width), and weighs 656 grams.

Well, like my dad used to say, you get what you pay for ......

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I don't have calipers to measure the casing width. Maybe I can improvise later. My eyeball says that this tire is skinnier than the Ralph, but it is not 1.8. Probably closer to 2.0 or 2.1. I'll see later.
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Broke down and mounted my Vee's front and back. First tire I've ever been able to mount tubeless with a hand pump. Looke pretty different from my Nevegal 2.1 and 2.3. I'm kind of regretting not going with the same in a Neo, but I cheaped out. With my calipers, one tire is roughly 2.02, and the other is 2.05. Edge of tire to center of axle is roughly 13-5/8". That doesn't seem right though. They're mounted on WTB Trail 650b wheels.

The ride. I could really tell a difference in these tires. It's all subjective, but they rolled worlds closer to my road bike than the Nevegals. Really felt fast. I'm in west Texas, and it's really dry, rocky and dusty. Tires felt great, seemed to has as much traction as the Nevegals.If they made a 2.3, I'd probably put it on the front just for a little more float in the dust puddles. Tires did seem really hard and were pinging rocks out, then I realized I never let the 40# out that I had in them when I mounted them. Sorry I'm not a more experienced rider to give a better review.
    Last edited by skinewmexico; 10-19-2012 at 09:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by los36 View Post
    I don't have calipers to measure the casing width. Maybe I can improvise later. My eyeball says that this tire is skinnier than the Ralph, but it is not 1.8. Probably closer to 2.0 or 2.1. I'll see later.
    Mine tire is right at 2.1".
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    For my light trail bike the Neo Moto 2.1 is my favorite all around tire. Sure it'd be nice to have RaRa 2.25 weight, but I like knowing my tire will hook up in pretty much any condition. For my trail conditions the RaRa was good in hardpack and moisture both of which I don't see for about 8 months of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by george7117 View Post
    No rides yet, but mounted up a Vee last night on a Crest rim, that thing is skinny! After stretching overnight, it measures out to 1.8 inches in width. Bummer. Weight was 650 grams on my scale.

For comparison sake: Neo Moto 2.1 measures 2.1 exactly (casing width), and weighs 656 grams.

Well, like my dad used to say, you get what you pay for ......